• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Kumo desu ga, Nani ka? - Edit System

Chapter 43 - Editing LV5.
78/656

My SP is already at its limit. I have to finish this quickly. My mother has high perception, but she was already practically blinded by my continuous attacks on her face.

And realizing this, she started thinking about running away.

Suddenly, she teleported. But when she did.

She didn't get very far because of some interference. I don't know what happened, but I should seize the moment. If I kill her, I'll probably be able to reach phase two.

I'm sure of it.

And then, I lost my mind.

The only thing on my mind was, "Attack, kill. Attack, kill."

I approached my mother in a second. As if my body were being controlled by someone experienced in battle, I majestically avoided her thick, firm webs and reached her.

Her magic, which emerged from the ground, was avoided by me.

As if I knew it would happen, I moved upwards, using [ Dimensional Maneuvering ].

50/656

Then...

As if I were a bloodthirsty monster, all my legs started moving at high speed.

It was as if a meat grinder was grinding my mother's body. And as much as she tried to run away from me, I wouldn't let her do it. We started moving together at high speed, crashing into the wall.

But I didn't stop attacking.

And then, all of a sudden, I began to hear various grotesque sounds.

Looking away, I could see it. It was them. Lots of them.

Small ones, big ones, powerful evolutions. They were all the spiders my mother had available at the moment. But she was already practically dead, and I had to finish this. I started tearing her body apart while I ate her alive.

Bite!

Bite!

Bite!

And then, finally.

[ "Urednik pajka LV6" became "Urednik pajka LV7" ]

[ "Urednik pajka LV7" became "Urednik pajka LV8" ]

[ "Urednik pajka LV8" became "Urednik pajka LV9" ]

[ "Urednik pajka LV9" became "Urednik pajka LV10" ]

[ "Urednik pajka LV10" became "Urednik pajka LV11" ]

[ "Urednik pajka LV1" became...

There were many notifications, and at the same time, I began to feel invigorated again. I began to feel an enormous power taking over my whole body. It was like I was the most powerful thing in this universe.

[ "Editing LV3" became "Editing LV4" ]

[ "Editing LV4" became "Editing LV5" ]

[ "Edit+ LV2" became "Edit+LV3" ]

[ "Edit+ LV3" became "Edit+LV4" ]

'HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, THAT'S AMAZING.'

I didn't even mind the many spiders coming towards me to attack me.

I had reached my peak.

[ Urednik pajka can evolve to Phase 2 ]

'Now things are going to start getting fun.'

####

The spiders began to approach at high speed, and then I teleported away. With my mother now dead, she wouldn't be able to control them. I can rest easy.

Now, I need to find Kumoko and then evolve.

Before that.

Urednik pajka LV20 (Phase 1)

Skill Points: 3,052

Nameless

HP 3.884
MP 3.731

SP 3.856

Average Offense Ability: 4.356
Average Defense Ability: 4.021
Average Magic Ability: 3.813
Average Resistance Ability: 3.731
Average Speed Ability: 5.811

Stat & Ability Skills

[ HP Rapid Recovery LV8 ] [ SP Rapid Recovery LV5 ] [ Strenght LV5 ] [ Solidity LV4 ]

Attack Skills

[ Poison Attack LV9 ] [ Poison Fang LV9 ] [ Heavy Attack LV4 ] [ Rot Attack LV3 ]

Enhancement Skills

[ Vision Enhancement LV3 ]

Active Skills

[ Editing LV5 ] [ Thread Manipulation LV9 ] [ Cutting Thread LV4 ]

Leadership Skills

[ Cooperation LV3 ] [ Leadership LV2 ]

Perception Skills

[ Mana Perception LV8 ] [ Appraisal LV10 ]

Magic Skills

[ Fire Magic LV7 ] [ Poison Magic LV4 ]

Resistance Skills

[ Poison Resistance LV9 ] [ Pain Resistance LV6 ] [ Paralysis Resistance LV3 ] [ Petrification Resistance LV4 [ Acid Resistance LV7 ] [ Rot Resistance LV4 ] (temporarily turned into Lust) [ Faint Resistance LV3 ] [ Fear Resistance LV6 ]

Passive Skills

[ Edit+ LV4 ] [ Night Vision LV10 ] [ Vision Expansion LV1 ] [ Intimidation LV4 ] [ Magic Power Operation LV4 ] [ Throw LV1 ]

Other Skills

[ Pride ] (temporary) [ Greed ] [ Conquest ]

Titles

[ Editor ] [ Poison Master ] [ Monster Slayer ] [ Ruler of Greed ] [ Ruler of Pride ] (temporary)

Many skills have increased levels, but the most important is the [ Editing ] skill. It didn't just go up one level... It went up TWO levels after I killed my mother. It makes sense.

She is an absurdly strong monster, after all.

'But my status and skill points went up a lot.' Ah, damn, my head hurts. But it doesn't hurt much... I have some protection. If I didn't have this mental protection probably provided by the God who brought me into this world, I'd have gone crazy by now.

Just like before.

For some reason, I went crazy, and all I could think about was killing my mother.

'Well, as long as I don't go crazy and kill my friends, I don't mind going crazy.' It's even better when I'm fighting strong enemies.

It's like my most primitive instinct is revealed... But my instincts fight much better than I do.

My movements became much smoother when I lost my mind.

'Right, let's stop thinking about that for now.'

Let's take a look at the Editing skills. It's gone up two levels. I've certainly unlocked a lot of new stuff.

[ Editing LV5 ]

[ Make edits to your Status and Skills ]

[ The user can edit 5 Statuses at the same time. ]

[ The user can edit their own SP and MP. ]

[ The user can make minor edits to other users' Statuses. ]

'What? Isn't that frighteningly bizarre? I expected to be able to edit five statuses at the same time... But editing my own SP and MP? Don't I become invincible?'

That's if there's no limit. I still need to test it.

'But what about this?

The user can make minor edits to other users' Statuses.

I'll finally be able to make edits to other people's statuses. But it's probably just basic edits for now. But even so, isn't it amazing?

'But if I think about it... Don't I already do this with my familiars?

Well, let's see how it works later.

First, I have to find Kumoko.

It wasn't difficult to find her. However, when I saw her, her situation wasn't good.

####
You can read 14 extra chapters on my Patreon! I'll keep posting two extra chapters there every day. My goal is to have 20+ extra chapters for my patreons!
Link: patreon

Chapter 44 - Army of spiders.
I found Kumoko in the middle of many spiders. Spiders were fighting each other all around, and Kumoko was among them.

I quickly moved close and started slashing all the spiders in my way.

Spider legs and heads flew everywhere.

'This way!' I shouted in my mind as I signaled to Kumoko. She saw me and dealt one last blow to one of the spiders before running towards me. I cleared the path, and she reached me.

I picked her up and put her on my back. After that, I used fire magic to throw fire everywhere. An AOE attack. As the spiders were weak against fire, it was a critical attack.

Many of them died and were charred.

However, their number was still considerable.

'I'm not going to be killed by any of these spiders if I fight, but there's no point in wasting time here.'

I was about to walk away, but I remembered something. There are a lot of spiders here, and using them as my minions would be a good thing. But I have to kill them all...

Right, let's do it.

I edited my speed to 50,000 and started running.

In a second, I reappeared somewhere else. I'm sure Kumoko couldn't understand what had happened. When I put her down, I noticed she was dizzy because of my speed.

[ I'll be back soon ]

[ Killing spiders ]

Kumoko read what I wrote and agreed. She then hid inside a hole in the wall, and I teleported to where the spiders were. I teleported right above them and fell into the crowd.

There were spiders of all kinds. Small ones, big ones, some focused on poison. But they all had one thing in common:

They were all weaker than me and couldn't do anything against me.

With my abnormal speed, I teleported between the spiders, disconnecting their heads from their bodies. Over time, their number decreased, and the pile of bodies increased.

And after a few minutes, everything fell silent.

'Did I kill them all?

SP 3,154/3,856

I looked around and then noticed a single spider that was still alive.

'Are you afraid of me?' The little spider was a spider that hadn't even evolved yet. I looked at it for a few seconds, then stepped on it, killing it.

And just like that, I finished the massacre.

'Now let's do it. I'll revive them all....' I looked at the massive pile of bodies and thought about giving up. There were so many that it would take hours to do it. I'll get Kumoko here to help me select the bodies and find their heads.

####

After bringing Kumoko with me, we started to select the bodies so I could revive them all. Unfortunately, some of the bodies were ruined by my fire magic.

However, the message to change Status kept appearing.

I tried to change it, and that's when I concluded that it's impossible to use these bodies.

The bodies couldn't even stand up, so I killed them myself. What remained was a large army of spiders. Most of them were small spiders, but there were some big ones.

[ What do you think?]

I asked Kumoko.

She wrote [ Cool ] on the floor, and I smiled.

Yes, it's fantastic. The small spiders were at the front, and the giant spiders were at the back. I didn't count them all, but there were probably more than 40 of them. Now, I'll start to edit their Status.

I approached one small spider and analyzed its Status. I'd seen this before... The Status of my familiars had gone up. Before, all monsters came with only 10 HP, but now it's different.

All spiders here have HP, SP, and MP. And all come with skills.

My familiars' base HP, SP, and MP are 50 now.

'And how high can I raise the status of my familiars?'

I can put 300 in each Status. And I can edit 5 of their Statuses. My familiars' limit went up to 5 statuses, as did mine.

Let's go:

300 in HP, SP, attack, speed, and defense. I put these statuses on all my familiars.

In other words, they're now strong monsters. Strong enough to be an army to be feared by the monsters in the dungeon.

And also feared by humans.

[ Strong. ]

Kumoko wrote to me.

[ Yes, I'll send them hunting. ]

Then, I gave the order for all the spiders to hunt and look for the passage to the middle of the labyrinth. They all moved away quickly, and only Kumoko and I remained.

[ Hungry ]

'She's hungry. We should find something to eat.' Kumoko didn't seem too keen on eating the spiders, so we walked together in search of monsters for her to eat.

After she had eaten, we made our home.

Now, it's time for my evolution.

[ Evolution ]

I wrote to Kumokoe, and I could see her eight eyes shining.

Right, the time has finally come. How much stronger I'll be after my evolution?

And so, I chose evolution. I only had one choice, and that was phase 2.

'Let's go.'

With my command, I finally began to feel the changes in my body. I felt a warmth inside and also a power overflowing throughout my body. At the same time, I noticed the claws growing in size.

No, not only did my claws grow, but I grew, too.

But that's sucks.

I didn't want to grow any bigger...

But apart from my size, my appearance hasn't changed much. My "skin" has gotten a little darker, that's all.

Right, what about my Status?

'Shit, that's insane.'

####
I only have 9 extra chapters on patreon at the moment. I'm not having the time and creativity to write several a day. I'll try to get back to posting a few extra chapters there every day.

Chapter 45 - System...
My Status had risen even further. I've reached a level where I don't need to use my editing skills to survive in this labyrinth. Unless I go even lower, I will be fine.

My Status:

Urednik pajka LV1 (Phase 2)

Nameless

HP 6,500
MP 6.500
SP 6.500

Average Offense Ability: 6.500
Average Defense Ability: 6.500
Average Magic Ability: 6.500
Average Resistance Ability: 6.500
Average Speed Ability: 6.500

The base stats alone are scary. However, I was amazed at how much my skills increased in level after I evolved. I also gained some new skills.

My number of skills has increased a lot.

But first, let's talk about the skills that leveled up. My [ HP Rapid Recovery LV8 ] skill has reached level 10, which means it's now at maximum level, and I don't have to worry about my HP regeneration.

And my SP regeneration skill has also gone up a few levels. Before, it was at level 5, but now it's gone straight up to level 9. Going up four levels like that is crazy. I'm surprised.

And now the skills [ Strenght LV5 ] and [ Solidity LV4 ]. Both skills have gone up a level. [ Strength ] is now level 8, and [ Solidity ] is level 9. But it's strange.

Since these skills have been leveled up, attack and defense should be higher than Magic, Speed, and Resistance. But all the stats are at 6,500.

Well, that doesn't matter. The important thing is that the numbers are high.

Now, about the attack skills, I'll be brief.

My [ Poison Attack ] skill has finally reached its maximum level and has become [ Deadly Poison Attack LV1 ]. Now, my poison is even more powerful... Well, not that I use it much.

And about the skill I used a few times before: [ Heavy Attack LV4 ]

Heavy Attack has reached level 9, almost to level 10, and Rot Attack has risen to level 8.

Now, let's talk about active skills. As shown before, my editing skill has reached level 5, and I've released many other features I still need to test. But let's ignore them for now.

[ Thread Manipulation ] has reached its maximum level, and I've got another skill related to my web. But I'll talk about that later. There's also the skill [ Cutting Thread ], which is now level 8.

'All right, I'm done explaining. It's easier to show my Status with the new skills.'

Nameless

HP 6,500
MP 6.500
SP 6.500
6.500/6.500

Stat & Ability Skills

[ HP Rapid Recovery LV10 ] [ SP Rapid Recovery LV9 ] [ MP Recovery Speed LV1 (New!) ] [ Strenght LV8 ] [ Solidity LV9 ] [ Life LV1 (New!) ] [ Protection LV1 (New!) ] [ Running LV1 (New!) ]

Attack Skills

[ Deadly Poison Attack LV1 [ Heavy Attack LV10 ] [ Rot Attack LV8 ] [ Fire Attack LV1 (New!) ] [ Acid Attack LV1 (New!) ] [ Energy Attack LV1 (New!)

Enhancement Skills

[ Vision Enhancement LV3 ] [ Poison Enhancement LV1 (New!) ] [ Fire Enhancement LV1 (New!) ]

Active Skills

[ Editing LV5 ] [ Thread Manipulation LV10 ] [ Cutting Thread LV8 ] [ Utility Thread LV1(New!) ] [ Energy Conferment LV1 (New!) ] [ Iron Defense LV1 (New!) ]

Leadership Skills

[ Cooperation LV7 ] [ Leadership LV6 ]

Perception Skills

[ Mana Perception LV10 ] [ Appraisal LV10 ] [ Prediction LV1 (New!) ]

Magic Skills

[ Fire Magic LV10 ] [ Poison Magic LV7 ] [ Spatial Magic LV1 (New!) ] [ Heretic Magic LV4 ]

Resistance Skills

[ Deadly Poison Resistance LV1 (New!) ] [ Pain Resistance LV9 ] [ Paralysis Resistance LV7 ] [ Petrification Resistance LV8 [ Acid Super-Resistance LV1 (New!) ] [ Rot Resistance LV8 ] [ Faint Resistance LV7 ] [ Fear Super-Resistance LV1 (New!) ] [ Pain Nullification (New!) ] [ Fire Resistance LV1 (New!) ]

Passive Skills

[ Edit+ LV4 ] [ Night Vision LV10 ] [ Vision Expansion LV5 ] [ Intimidation LV8 ] [ Magic Power Operation LV8 ] [ Throw LV6 ] [ Hit LV1 (New!) ] [ Evasion LV1 (New!) ] [ Silence LV1 (New!) ]
Other Skills

[ Pride ] [ Greed ] [ Taboo LV1 ] [ Conquest ]

Titles

[ Editor ] [ Poison Master ] [ Monster Slayer ] [ Ruler of Greed ] [ Ruler of Pride ] [ Kin Eater ]

'I've gained some attack skills, fire resistance, and interesting passive skills.'

I'll try the new attack skills later. But it's funny that I do not use the attack skills frequently... I usually edit my status and slash my enemies. I don't use the skills.

My most important skills are resistance, stats, and passive skills. Oh, there are also the seven deadly sins skills.

'Come to think of it, I use many of them...'

Now that I've analyzed all my stats, it's time to test my ability to edit MP and SP. I need to learn the limits before using it.

'My SP is already at 6,000... What happens if I put it at 20,000?'

And to my surprise, I could edit it without any problems. But I must test that my SP doesn't go down quickly because of this edit.

I'm sure there's some trick going on here.

I got out of my web and looked at Kumoko.

[ Hunting ]

I wrote.

Kumoko nodded.

I edited my speed to 30,000 as before and started running. I soon noticed the SP was descending faster than usual.

However, even though it dropped faster, it is still worth editing my SP.

'But what's the limit?'

I tried to raise my SP to 30,000, but it wouldn't go.

I then removed the edit and tried to increase my SP by 16,000... And it doesn't work. I know what the limit is.

'It's 15.000. I can only increase it by 15,000.'

Listen here, God. Since you would limit it anyway, you didn't have to give me this ability. It doesn't help me much!

'The limit will increase over time, but that annoys me.'

####

I only have 9 extra chapters on patreon at the moment. I'm not having the time and creativity to write several a day. I'll try to get back to posting a few extra chapters there every day.

My Status had risen even further. I've reached a level where I don't need to use my editing skills to survive in this labyrinth. Unless I go even lower, I will be fine.

My Status:

Nameless

HP 6,500
MP 6.500
SP 6.500

The base stats alone are scary. However, I was amazed at how much my skills increased in level after I evolved. I also gained some new skills.

My number of skills has increased a lot.

But first, let's talk about the skills that leveled up. My [ HP Rapid Recovery LV8 ] skill has reached level 10, which means it's now at maximum level, and I don't have to worry about my HP regeneration.

And my SP regeneration skill has also gone up a few levels. Before, it was at level 5, but now it's gone straight up to level 9. Going up four levels like that is crazy. I'm surprised.

And now the skills [ Strenght LV5 ] and [ Solidity LV4 ]. Both skills have gone up a level. [ Strength ] is now level 8, and [ Solidity ] is level 9. But it's strange.

Since these skills have been leveled up, attack and defense should be higher than Magic, Speed, and Resistance. But all the stats are at 6,500.

Well, that doesn't matter. The important thing is that the numbers are high.

Now, about the attack skills, I'll be brief.

My [ Poison Attack ] skill has finally reached its maximum level and has become [ Deadly Poison Attack LV1 ]. Now, my poison is even more powerful... Well, not that I use it much.

And about the skill I used a few times before: [ Heavy Attack LV4 ]

Heavy Attack has reached level 9, almost to level 10, and Rot Attack has risen to level 8.

Now, let's talk about active skills. As shown before, my editing skill has reached level 5, and I've released many other features I still need to test. But let's ignore them for now.

[ Thread Manipulation ] has reached its maximum level, and I've got another skill related to my web. But I'll talk about that later. There's also the skill [ Cutting Thread ], which is now level 8.

'All right, I'm done explaining. It's easier to show my Status with the new skills.'

Nameless

HP 6,500
MP 6.500
SP 6.500
6.500/6.500

Stat & Ability Skills

[ HP Rapid Recovery LV10 ] [ SP Rapid Recovery LV9 ] [ MP Recovery Speed LV1 (New!) ] [ Strenght LV8 ] [ Solidity LV9 ] [ Life LV1 (New!) ] [ Protection LV1 (New!) ] [ Running LV1 (New!) ]

Attack Skills

[ Deadly Poison Attack LV1 [ Heavy Attack LV10 ] [ Rot Attack LV8 ] [ Fire Attack LV1 (New!) ] [ Acid Attack LV1 (New!) ] [ Energy Attack LV1 (New!)

Enhancement Skills

[ Vision Enhancement LV3 ] [ Poison Enhancement LV1 (New!) ] [ Fire Enhancement LV1 (New!) ]

Active Skills

[ Editing LV5 ] [ Thread Manipulation LV10 ] [ Cutting Thread LV8 ] [ Utility Thread LV1(New!) ] [ Energy Conferment LV1 (New!) ] [ Iron Defense LV1 (New!) ]

Leadership Skills

[ Cooperation LV7 ] [ Leadership LV6 ]

Perception Skills

[ Mana Perception LV10 ] [ Appraisal LV10 ] [ Prediction LV1 (New!) ]

Magic Skills

[ Fire Magic LV10 ] [ Poison Magic LV7 ] [ Spatial Magic LV1 (New!) ] [ Heretic Magic LV4 ]

Resistance Skills

[ Deadly Poison Resistance LV1 (New!) ] [ Pain Resistance LV9 ] [ Paralysis Resistance LV7 ] [ Petrification Resistance LV8 [ Acid Super-Resistance LV1 (New!) ] [ Rot Resistance LV8 ] [ Faint Resistance LV7 ] [ Fear Super-Resistance LV1 (New!) ] [ Pain Nullification (New!) ] [ Fire Resistance LV1 (New!) ]

Passive Skills

[ Edit+ LV4 ] [ Night Vision LV10 ] [ Vision Expansion LV5 ] [ Intimidation LV8 ] [ Magic Power Operation LV8 ] [ Throw LV6 ] [ Hit LV1 (New!) ] [ Evasion LV1 (New!) ] [ Silence LV1 (New!) ]
Other Skills

[ Pride ] [ Greed ] [ Taboo LV1 ] [ Conquest ]

Titles

[ Editor ] [ Poison Master ] [ Monster Slayer ] [ Ruler of Greed ] [ Ruler of Pride ] [ Kin Eater ]

'I've gained some attack skills, fire resistance, and interesting passive skills.'

I'll try the new attack skills later. But it's funny that I do not use the attack skills frequently... I usually edit my status and slash my enemies. I don't use the skills.

My most important skills are resistance, stats, and passive skills. Oh, there are also the seven deadly sins skills.

'Come to think of it, I use many of them...'

Now that I've analyzed all my stats, it's time to test my ability to edit MP and SP. I need to learn the limits before using it.

'My SP is already at 6,000... What happens if I put it at 20,000?'

And to my surprise, I could edit it without any problems. But I must test that my SP doesn't go down quickly because of this edit.

I'm sure there's some trick going on here.

I got out of my web and looked at Kumoko.

[ Hunting ]

I wrote.

Kumoko nodded.

I edited my speed to 30,000 as before and started running. I soon noticed the SP was descending faster than usual.

However, even though it dropped faster, it is still worth editing my SP.

'But what's the limit?'

I tried to raise my SP to 30,000, but it wouldn't go.

I then removed the edit and tried to increase my SP by 16,000... And it doesn't work. I know what the limit is.

'It's 15.000. I can only increase it by 15,000.'

Listen here, God. Since you would limit it anyway, you didn't have to give me this ability. It doesn't help me much!

'The limit will increase over time, but that annoys me.'

####

Loving the story so far, just binged the whole thing today! I was not expecting to run into a 'kumo desu ga' story today! I want to see Wakaba's reaction to having her status edited, haha

Chapter 46 - Editing other people's statuses?
But now it's time to test the new feature that caught my attention the most. I'm curious about the possibility of editing other people's or monsters' statuses.

I wanted to try it in Kumoko, but I'd better not. Maybe editing someone's skill has a side effect.

'Right, let's get a monster. I should have tested it on one of my familiars...'

I captured a monster with my web and stuck it to the ground. It is a spider. A tiny, not very strong spider.

'Right, right. Let's do this.' I approached and opened the spider's Status with Appraisal.

Small Poison Taratect LV3

HP 64
MP 62
SP 71

Average Offense Ability: 41
Average Defense Ability: 42
Average Magic Ability: 31
Average Resistance Ability: 40
Average Speed Ability: 43

'Let's see... Can I increase its attack like I do with my familiars and myself?

I tried, but...

[ The user didn't permit you to do this. ]

[ You need permission. ]

'Are you kidding? HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO GET PERMISSION FROM A MONSTER?!'

It doesn't make any sense. So you're saying I can only edit the status of monsters that have consciousness, like Kumoko? Or only humans? That's bullshit!

This system sucks.

'Author who is writing this story, please stop putting these stupid limits!' I shouted in my mind. But then I started laughing at this idiotic thought. There's no way anyone is writing all this.

This is just the fault of the idiot God who brought me here. Why haven't you shown up yet? Hm? Are you afraid to show yourself to me?

I want to see your face.

'You're more powerful than D, aren't you? Why are you afraid to come here and say hello?'

Tsk! Tsk!

'Let's take a deep breath and calm down. Let's keep focusing on leveling up. I'm sure the limits will be removed at some point.'

And when they are removed, I'll probably become the strongest monster in the world.

Right, let's get on with the test.

'Since I need your permission, die.'

I killed the monster and revived it.

####

*Some minutes before*

*POV: Kumoko*

The monster appeared and started gesturing. I stared at it for a few seconds and then approached it.

'If I remember correctly, that giant spider can revive and control monsters. Could it be one of these monsters?'

Hmm...

'Well, it seems to be. Isn't it cool?! It's a necromancer spider! That's amazing!'

The monster kept gesturing to me and then started walking so that I would follow. I followed it, and then I began to feel something strange.'Hm? What? What's that?' It was an order.

WHAT????!!!

Suddenly, I started running, leaving the monster behind.

'Where am I going?! There's something strange going on!'

I was heading back to the same place I had come from. And then, I arrived at the place with several paths. Suddenly. 'AAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!! SPIDERS!!!'

My heart stopped for a few seconds after I saw a giant number of spiders suddenly appear.

They all jumped towards me but passed me by.

And then, I, too, started to follow the group. We were all going to the same place.

'I'm sure it's her! It's my mother!

And then, in the distance, I could see something.

'The giant spider is fighting our mother! So incredible!!!!' I could see the giant black spider just above our mother. The spider was biting her, tearing off pieces of her body.

And then they both disappeared.

The speed of the two spiders was such that I couldn't keep up.

I started running along with the group of spiders again. We were heading towards where my mother was.

'Damn it, I've got to find a way to get rid of her control. I don't want to do this! '

And then...

The control was cut off.

But when it was cut off, the nightmare began. All around me, all the spiders started attacking each other. Many of them also attacked me, but I managed to kill them quickly.

A war between siblings broke out.

'Get away from me! Die!''

I started killing one spider after another. A few minutes passed, and I could see the giant spider approaching. The giant spider made a few gestures and started using its claws to slash the spiders in my path.

I ran towards the spider. The giant spider picked me up and put me on its back. Before I knew it, we were far away from the group of spiders. I'm feeling sick, though.

'That was too fast!'

Then, the giant spider went back to the group to hunt. It wasn't long before it returned and asked for my help to select the spiders' bodies. And then!!!! An army of spiders is formed.

'It's fantastic. I wish I could get a skill like this too!'

We created a temporary home and ate, and then the giant spider would finally evolve.

It was strange, though.

Unlike me, the giant spider didn't faint. It stayed awake. The changes to its body enchanted me. Its skin was now darker, and its eyes were even redder.

The horns on its head had also grown a little.

But the most significant change was in its claws.

'I hope I don't become your enemy in the future~~'

Well, I'll take a rest for now.

####

Chapter 47 - Ruler of Pride.
I was finally going to test the feature that allows me to edit other people's skills. I thought it wouldn't work since I was doing it with a familiar, but that wasn't the case.

I didn't even have to ask permission.

The spider had come with the skill [Thread Control LV1], the only skill I can edit.

'Well, theoretically, I can edit Status, not just skills... But since I can already edit the Status of my familiars anyway, I'll just test it on skills.'

And if it has no side effects, I'll try it on Kumoko.

'Now let's do this. Edit the skill [ Thread Control LV1 ] to [ Spatial Movement LV10 ].'

So, the spider's skill has been edited.

[ Edit applied ]

I received the system notification and used the [ Appraisal ] skill on the spider again. The spider now had the skill [ Spatial Movement LV10 ].

I thought the spider would release the next tier of the skill, but it didn't. That's a bit disappointing. But the important thing is that it's working.

Unfortunately, this spider doesn't have two skills.

I wanted to see if I could edit more than one skill.

'Now you can go. Oh, before that, I need to edit your MP.' The skill uses MP, so I should raise this spider's MP. I set the spider MP to 300 and sent it on its way.

'The tests have been done.'

I returned to where Kumoko was, and she rested peacefully in her web. She wasn't asleep. She turned to look at me.

I approached and called out to her. Kumoko climbed down from her web and came to my side. I wrote on the wall what I would do and asked for permission. But it wasn't easy. It was hard to explain everything to her.

I wrote words like.

[ Edit ]

[ Status ]

[ Test ]

[ Permission ]

While writing, I tried to edit her Status several times. After a long time, she finally gave permission. I don't know how this works.

Maybe a system notification pops up for her?

No, if that had been the case, she would have given me permission minutes ago. Or maybe she was just worried and was reluctant to give permission.

'Well, let's test it out. I'll edit Kumoko's strength. Or maybe I should edit the defense?'

Kumoko's strength is quite low despite her abnormal speed. She was still at level 2. She had only risen two levels after her evolution. Her strength hadn't even reached 100 yet.

'Let's try editing her strength to 1,000.'

And so I did the test.

[ Edit applied. ]

IT WORKED!!!! IT WORKED!!!!

I screamed in my mind.

Kumoko stepped back, startled by my sudden celebration. And then, she finally realized what had happened. I could see her shock. Kumoko approached me and tried to hit me.

As my defense is very high, I didn't mind.

As soon as she hit me, I felt nothing, but Kumoko realized she was stronger. Much stronger.

'But that could be dangerous. I remember that when I had a lot of strength and low defense, I damaged my body.' But after my evolution, that didn't happen anymore.

But since she won't have an evolution like mine, I should edit her defense.

'Set her defense to 1,000.'

However, to my disappointment, it didn't work.

[ Limit exceeded ]

'Don't tell me I can't edit more than one Status? But I'm already level 5!!!'

Or maybe it's a status limit.

'System, remove the edit. Put in 500 strength and 500 defense.'

[ Limit exceeded ]

When I used appraisal to see her status, only her strength increased.

'So the limit is just one status. Is it okay to leave her strength at 1,000?'

Kumoko seemed confused by the changes that were happening. She became strong, then weak, then strong again. Her Status changed several times in a short space of time.

I then explained to her.

[ 1,000 strength? ]

[ You want it? ]

[ A lot of strength ]

[ It can hurt you ]

Kumoko read everything I wrote and gave me an answer.

[ Yes ]

I stared at her for a few seconds and sighed. Well, I don't think it'll be a problem to keep 1,000 strength.

Now, she has strength above 1.000, and her speed is even higher.

Maybe there will come a time when I can edit her status like my own. She'll be as strong as me.

'Or maybe not.'

Now that I've taken the test, should we keep hunting to level up? I want to level up to increase [ Editing ] level. I want to know what will happen when it reaches level 10.

Oh, that's right!!!!

'I forgot something important.'

Now that I've gone up several levels and even reached phase 2, I've freed up several skill slots! Now I can keep several skills edited simultaneously, and that's amazing!!!! Let's see.

[ Rest ]

I wrote to Kumoko and went to my "house".

I don't want to rest; I just want to lie down and look at my status.

'Let's see. The number of skill slots I have now is 5. THAT'S A LOT!!!'

Besides, the cooldown is almost over. I think I'll remove the [ Dimensional Maneuvering ] skill from my Status and leave only the [ Pride ] skill.

No, wait.

I removed the edit and bought the [ Pride ] skill from the store.

[The "Pride" skill has been acquired.]

[ Condition satisfied. Acquired title "Ruler of Pride"].

[ Acquired skills [Abyss Magic LV10] [Hades] as a result of the title "Ruler of Pride" ]

'Finally!!!'

I'm going to buy some other skills.

Chapter 48 - Evil Eye.
I want to buy the [ Perseverance ] skill, which will allow me to use the [ Evil Eyes ]. In addition, I will also gain the [ Heresy Nullification ] skill when I acquire it.

This skill is necessary now that I have acquired two skills from the seven deadly sins. I want to avoid ending up being dominated by these skills.

'Right. This skill also costs 1,000 points.'

[ Skill "Perseverance" has been acquired ]

[ Condition satisfied. Acquired title "Ruler of Perseverance"]

[ Acquired skills [Heresy Nullification] [ Conviction ] as a result of the title "Ruler of Perseverance" ]

'Yes, that's great. Now I think I should save the remaining points... Or should I buy another skill?' Hm... Buying another skill from the seven deadly sins might be a good idea. I intend to get them all.

If I buy them all, I'll probably become absurdly strong.

'Not that I'm not already strong.'

But I'll save the points for now.

Let's look at the skills I've received.

First, the [ Pride ] skill. I've talked about it before, but I'll talk about it again to refresh your memory.

The description given by the system for the [ Pride ] skill is: Upon acquisition, experience points and proficiency gain will greatly increase, along with improved growth capacity for every ability.

In other words, it's perfect for me. Just like the Greed skill I acquired a little while ago. Now for the [ Perseverance ] skill. It doesn't have much functionality apart from letting me acquire [ Evil Eyes ].

Well, the skill has an interesting effect...

[ As long as MP is maintained, the user will survive with 1 HP regardless of the amount of damage taken. ]

Even if I'm powerful, this skill can help me greatly if something happens.

And now for the skills given by the titles.

[ Abyss Magic ] is an interesting skill, but I don't care about it. The only skills I'm interested in are [Heresy Nullification] [Conviction] and [ Hades ].

Heresy Nullification is self-explanatory... I don't think I need to explain it.

The Conviction skill, on the other hand.

[ Against targets that have in-system sins in their souls, deals non-resistable damage in proportion to the total amount of guilt. ]

I'd try to explain it, but I can't. I think it's a good skill.

'And the [ Hades ] skill is interesting, but I've never seen it used.' And for that reason, I feel a bit reluctant to test it. From what I remember, Kumoko couldn't use this skill.

I should be able to manifest Hades, but will it work?

'I'll test it later.'

And for now, I think that's it.

'Hmmm... Wait. Now that I've acquired the [ Perseverance ] skill, shouldn't I spend the points to acquire some Evil Eyes?'

Let's look in the store.

I looked for the eyes and found them; they cost the same as the Ruler's skills. In other words, I'll need to spend 1,000 points for just one eye. But to be honest, it's worth it.

These eyes are good, very good. I want them all.

'The first one I should choose is...'

[ Cursed Evil Eye ]

Yes, I think I'll get this one. Here's what this eye does: Deals curse attribute damage to anything in the user's field of vision.

However, what interests me most is the tier 2 of this eye, but I need to figure out how I will get it. I can't find it in the store. With tier 2, I can even steal attributes from anyone in my vision.

Here we go.

I bought the [ Cursed Evil Eye ]. But how do I know it's working? Only by testing it on a monster. But I'll do that later.

Now that I've evolved and am much stronger, I wonder if I should leave. I can go outside with the teleport, but Kumoko will stay here. If I want to leave with her, we'll have to go through the labyrinth exit together.

I'd like to teleport her with me.

'But going out and hunting some humans would be good. They give a lot of experience. But I don't know if I should cause all this chaos outside.'

If I start hunting humans at random, they'll probably treat me as an enemy of humanity, and I'll be hunted down. Well... But I'm already an enemy of humanity.

I left my house and wrote something on the wall for Kumoko.

[ I'm going outside ]

Kumoko tilted her head, confused.

[ Outside ]

[ Labyrinth ]

When she read this, Kumoko's eyes began to shine. I could tell from her eyes that she wanted to know about the outside of the labyrinth and how to get there.

But there was no way I could explain it to her.

'Do I have any communication skills in the store?'

I think the time is right to do this. I need to communicate with Kumoko.

I looked around the store for a while but couldn't find any skills to help me. They don't have communication skills here, not even telepathy skills.

But the telepathy skill exists. Let's edit a skill. I have five skill slots now, and 3 of them are new. These three new slots, I can use without waiting for the cooldown.

I will edit the Poison Synthesis skill to [ Fartalk LV10 ].

[ Edit applied ]

[ The skill "Universal Language LV10" has been learned. ]

'Oh? Something new has appeared.'

Chapter 49 - Universal language.
This new ability is precisely what I need to communicate with Kumoko. But can she talk to me?

'I'm a bit nervous...'

Kumoko was staring at me, waiting for me to do something or write something for her to read. I moved closer and tried to talk to her using my new skill.

'Can you hear me?

I said it to her, hoping she would understand.

And then, I saw Kumoko's eyes light up. She started waving wildly at me, agreeing that she could hear me.

'Unfortunately, I can't hear you. You need a telepathy skill like mine. Can't you buy it in the store?'

After my question, Kumoko tilted her head in confusion. Then she concentrated on looking for the skill. And to my surprise, she spent her points. I didn't think she would do that.

I saw her Status earlier. I noticed that she had some points.

'Can you hear me?' Then I heard a voice in my head. It was a soft female voice without much feeling. I was shocked for a few seconds because her voice differed from what I had imagined.

It's not the same as in the anime. Kumoko doesn't have the voice of that voice actress. Her voice is much softer and more robotic, which differs from what I expected. However, her voice is stunning.

'Yes, I can hear you. How does my voice sound to you?'

'It's a male voice, but it's strange. It sounds like an old man's voice.'

'Hey, that offends me. I'm not an old man.'

'...'

'But I'm surprised you can talk to me so easily. Your telepathy skill is still at level one, isn't it?

'Yes, but I can talk to you normally. And now that I can talk to you, I want to ask you who you are. Were you in my classroom? Were you in the same school as me?'

I stared at Kumoko and decided to answer honestly.

'I wasn't in that classroom, even though I know what happened. I didn't even live in the same country as you. Didn't you see that I only wrote things in English?'

'Haaa, that was annoying, very annoying.' Kumoko started gesturing. 'Sometimes I couldn't understand. Besides, your writing is awful, you can't write.'

'That offends me, you know. But back to the point, I was in my room... And I think I had a heart attack.'

'You died of a heart attack? Well, you have the voice of an old man... I can understand.'

'I told you I'm not an old man!' I slammed my legs on the floor. 'I was young, I was 21 when I died. But I was a bit overweight, plus my family has a bad history when it comes to heart disease.'

'So you had heart disease.'

'I never had any exam, but...'

'I'm sorry.'

'There's no need to worry. I don't care anymore. When I came here, I wanted to return to my old world, but I started to enjoy living...here.' I looked around.

'...' Kumoko remained silent, and I sighed long. Then I walked to my house, and Kumoko climbed into her web. 'What are you going to do now? You killed our mother, didn't you?'

'I did, but it was tough.'

'Of course! She's powerful, she's scary. But it's even scarier that you managed to kill her. What kind of monster are you? Your Status is increasing with every second.'

'How can I put it... I think I'm someone special. I was also born from one of those eggs, do you remember?'

'Of course, I remember!" Kumoko shouted. Her voice finally sounded a bit like the voice actress. But it was still different.

'I was given a unique ability when I was in that egg. Do you mind if I tell you everything that happened?'

'I don't mind. There's no monster to bother us here, is there?'

'All right~~'

I then told Kumoko about what had happened and partially explained how my editing skills work. I don't mind her finding out about it.

D is probably watching and listening to everything I'm saying, but there's no way she doesn't know how my skill works.

'This is incredible! How can something be so OP? That's unfair.' That's what Kumoko said after hearing my story.

'True, it's like a hack. But the God who sent me to this place is an idiot. He keeps limiting me. Every time I release a new skill, there's always a new limitation.'

'Nai waaa. I think he's quite clever. If he didn't limit you, wouldn't you become the strongest being in the world too quickly?'

'But aren't I already one of the strongest monsters? I can raise my status even more now that I've evolved again.'

'That's right, show me, show me!' Kumoko jumped out of her house and landed in front of me. 'I want to see your Status change. I haven't seen that happen before. Let's see, your strength is now at 6,500... That's so high. Mine is at 1,000.'

'Don't worry, you'll be strong soon. But look at my status again now.'

Not knowing my limits, I set my strength to 100,000.

But it worked.

'How is that possible?' Kumoko's tone of voice changed. She was incredulous at the astronomical change in my status.

'Isn't that scary?'

'God did the right thing by limiting you, really.'

'...'

Chapter 50 - Aren't you going to thank me?
'But let's get back to the main subject... Hm... What's your name?' I asked Kumoko. I already knew her name, both her "real name" and the names she would use in the future, but I decided to ask.

Kumoko stared at me for a few seconds and then answered.

'You can call me Hiiro. Wakaba Hiiro. That was my name before I came here.' Kumoko replied.

Listening to this, I couldn't help but feel a little sad for her since all her memories are...

Seriously, that sucks. But I won't tell her the whole truth. Let's wait and let her find out about it. If she doesn't find out herself, I'll tell her.

'I see. I'll call you Hiiro then.'

'And your name? You still haven't told me. I keep thinking of you only as "That giant spider."'

'My name? My name is Eliot.'

'Eliot... It's a nice name.'

'Naah, it's not. But now, we must return to the main subject. I said before that I wanted to get out of the labyrinth.'

I left my "house," and Kumoko accompanied me. We started walking through the labyrinth together.

'Oh, that's right! I want to ask you about that! How did you get out there? How did you find the exit so easily?'

'Well... Do you remember that woman?'

'Woman...' Kumoko thought for a few seconds. 'Ah! That woman, I thought she'd killed you! But what did she do?'

'She was the one who took me out of the labyrinth, and I used my edit skill to get back into the labyrinth. '

'Back?! But why? You were free. You could live away from this hole.'

'You're right... But I was afraid of being killed when I was taken to the surface. I wasn't that strong...'

'If I were you, I would have stayed out there. What's it like? Tell me!' Kumoko suddenly became excited, so I told her everything I'd seen. The blue sky with few clouds, the large number of tall, green trees.

Of course, the air was much more pleasant than the humid and sometimes smelly air inside this labyrinth.

'This is great, I'd like to go outside. Can't you take me?' Kumoko was excited about the idea, but I answered honestly that I couldn't do it now. 'That's sad...'

Kumoko showed her disappointment by lowering her head like a child who had lost their toy. I smiled and stroked her head, taking care not to hurt her with my claw.

'But don't worry, I'm only going outside to hunt, and then I'll return.'

'Hunt? Don't tell me you're going to hunt humans.'

'Well, I've noticed that they give more experience. Since we're monsters anyway, I don't see a problem with killing them.'

'But...'

'When you meet a human, you'll understand. They'll try to kill you without thinking twice. You'll end up having to kill them. It's kill or be killed.'

The first time I met humans, I was still weak and didn't understand much about my abilities. I hid and did nothing. But the second time... I killed them and even found it entertaining.

For some reason, I now feel that I can kill any human, and I won't care.

'I've met a few humans, but they were strange. They looked like a bunch of zombies.'

'Ah, they were mine. You know what my skills are like, don't you? I killed those humans and revived them.'

'So that's why they were acting strangely. They were zombies.'

'Hahaha. But I'm surprised no humans have tried to kill you yet, Hiiro. But you should be careful.'

'But are you going out? Why don't you keep hunting with me until I'm strong enough to go out with you?'

'I don't mind doing that. It's just that I want to evolve as quickly as possible. '

'I see.' Kumoko was disappointed.

'All right, I'll stay with you until your next evolution. But after that, I'm going to make some visits outside.'

Kumoko's eyes sparkled.

~~

Then Kumoko's stomach started rumbling.

'But didn't you just eat?'

'...' Kumoko turned around and started running in search of her food.

I smiled and went home. I wish I knew what to do now, but I have no idea. I've decided to stay here in the labyrinth with Kumoko until her next evolution... And I have nothing to do in the meantime.

I can level up if I go lower and find that dragon.

Oh, that's right! Speaking of dragons, where's Fuit?

I left him with Kumoko, but he disappeared, and Kumoko didn't even talk about him. Could my mother have killed him?

I started walking until I came to the same place where I had seen that large amount of blood. There, I found a piece that seemed to be from some monster.

'It looks like a paw. It's big. It's a dragon's paw. I'll have to ask Kumoko about that.'

But Fuit it's not strong enough to fight our mother and leave all these battle marks around here. It's probably not his paw.

'I think he's already dead.'

A portal appeared as I prepared to return to our temporary base and start my hunt with Kumoko. Like before, a cell phone came out of the portal.

I sighed.

'What do you want, D?'

'I wanted to talk to you about everything that happened earlier. Aren't you going to thank me?'

'What do you mean?'

Chapter 51 - Reward?
I didn't know what she meant by that. Thank her? But why? She sent me to my death and didn't even give me the reward she promised.

'What do you mean I didn't give you your reward? Didn't you evolve?' D said. I stared at the phone for a few seconds and then began to think about everything that had happened since I went to help Kumoko.

For some reason, I didn't die. What's more, I managed to kill my mother quite easily, and when she tried to run away, she couldn't do it.

'So you were the one who saved me then?'

'What do you mean? It wasn't me.'

'It wasn't you? Then how did I survive?' If it wasn't her who helped me when my mother was about to kill me, does that mean it was another God? Did D see what happened?

'I didn't see anything.' D said.

'Are you sure? I was even teleported to another place. I wasn't in the same place I was when my mother attacked me.'

'...'

'But what happened doesn't make much sense... Kumoko was running away from our mother, but she shouldn't have been able to do it. My mother would have been able to control her.'

'You're a bit right about that. But I don't want to talk about that. I want to talk about your reward.'

'My reward was leveling up. You helped me kill my mother, didn't you? When she tried to escape, she couldn't. Besides, she looked dumb, very dumb.'

'I didn't interfere that much. The only thing I did was stop her from running away from you.'

'Hm... Why did you take me to Kumoko to help her?' Thinking about it, maybe she wanted Kumoko and me to meet.

Maybe she gave up on the idea of keeping us apart. D likes to entertain herself. Perhaps she thinks Kumoko and I should stay together.

'I'm going now. I've kept my promise. Now keep having fun because I'm having much fun too.' D's tone of voice had finally changed. She sounded a little excited.

So that's it, she's having fun. It makes sense.

She finds it fun to watch everything I do... And now, with me and Kumoko, it'll be even more fun for her.

'Right, I'll keep you entertained. But can you promise me that you won't interfere with anything from now on? I'm afraid that if you keep showing up or talking to me, the God who brought me into this world won't show up.'

'...'

'I think he's a shy God.'

With those last words, the cell phone disappeared. D didn't even answer me.

I stared at the air briefly and then went after Kumoko.

'What should I do to entertain her and myself? The only thing I can think of right now is the human hunt I had already planned.'

####

'You got a lot of food. Are you going to eat it all?' Kumoko had brought three whole monsters to eat.

'I'm hungry. Can you cook for me using your magic like last time?'

I cooked the meat for Kumoko, and then she tasted it. Kumoko ate it all quickly.

'Are you ready to start hunting? I will get some strong monsters and give you their experience.'

'Are you sure? Don't you want to level up quickly?'

'I told you this before, but the monsters here don't give me much experience anymore. That's why I wanted to go out and hunt humans.'

'I still think that's a bad idea.' Please stop it. You're not even human and never have been!

I wanted to say that to her, but I stopped myself.

'... Let's go. I thought about getting the ability to 'hypnotize' monsters again, but it isn't necessary.'

'You're too strong. I'm sure you can subdue a monster just by looking at it.'

'It won't be that easy.'

Kumoko and I destroyed our houses and walked through the labyrinth together in search of monsters. We found weak monsters along the way, and Kumoko killed them all without my help.

I decided to walk as far away as possible this time.

We've only lived in the same area for a long time, and this labyrinth is gigantic. We should explore it.

And after a few hours of walking, we finally found something interesting.

It was a narrow path with an infernal heat coming from it.

'Don't tell me...'

'Do you know what this is?' Kumoko asked. She didn't have fire resistance and was very uncomfortable with the heat.

'It's the other layer of the labyrinth. A layer covered in lava.'

'Lava? Nai waa! I don't want to go there.'

'There are some monsters there that taste good.' I said to Kumoko. She started drooling but shook her head, refusing to fall for the temptation.

'If I go to that place, I'll die! I don't have the fire resistance like you.'

'Don't worry, you'll get it if you stay there for a while. You gain skills easily, don't you?'

'Easily? No, of course not. Do you know how hard it was to get some of these skills?'

'Right, right~~ But I'll go there. You can wait here if you want.'

'But how are you going to get through this narrow path? You're too big.'

'I'm still thinking about it...'

####

My discord: discord.gg/FFCkfhAeqn

Will Kumoko still become an Arachne? Elliot has the Ruler of Pride skill right now so would that effect Kumoko/Shiraori?

Chapter 52 - A lot of lava.
I thought briefly and decided to use earth magic to modify the labyrinth's walls. And how am I going to do that? Editing a skill and getting earth magic.

'But I don't even know if that will work...' I hope so.

With earth magic now in my arsenal, I tried to use it to move and modify the labyrinth's walls. I don't remember how earth dragons use it, but I'm sure it's not like that.

'It's working, slowly, but it's working.'

Surprisingly, even though my magic is at maximum level, it is still difficult. The structure of the labyrinth is very complicated to move. At any moment, the path will collapse.

I have to be careful.

But little by little, I made my way through.

Luckily, the narrow part was only a few meters long. The path opened up, and I could move freely without worrying about using earth magic. Then, I used my skill to talk to Kumoko.

'I'm going ahead. You can wait for me at the entrance. I'll bring you something to eat.'

My skill allowed me to speak to her from a distance. However, I wouldn't be able to hear an answer since her ability doesn't reach this far.

After warning Kumoko, I continued to the middle of the labyrinth. Finally, I'm here!!!!

I'm surprised at how big this place is. It is a great river of lava, and I could see paths and more paths in the distance, showing that it was much bigger.

I haven't explored 1% of this labyrinth, but I'm lucky to find strong monsters to kill and level up... Or unlucky.

'But I don't have to worry about the monsters in this place, do I? I have fire resistance anyway.'

But... My resistance has just reached level 2. It's not at a high level. That must be why I feel my skin burning. However, even with this bad feeling, I suffer no damage.

That's probably because my resistance status is so high.

But I should raise it even higher. I don't want to die if I accidentally fall into the lava... I hope that doesn't happen. 'System! Set my resistance to 20,000.'

That's enough.

Skill Points: 1,052

Nameless

HP 6,500
MP 6,500
SP 6,500

Average Offense Ability: 6,500
Average Defense Ability: 6,500
Average Magic Ability: 6,500
Average Resistance Ability: 20,000
Average Speed Ability: 6,500

My status is now balanced. Or not.

'Now that I don't feel that strange sensation anymore, should I continue? I want to try the Evil Eye. I want to see what happens if I use it on a monster.'

I continued walking along the edge of the river of lava, but not a single monster appeared.

'Could it be because of the [ Intimidation ] skill?' The monsters here aren't that strong. Maybe they're hiding from me. 'But that's bullshit. I said I'd get food for Kumoko.'

Besides, I have no reason to stay here if the monsters don't show up.

'But I don't have any reason to stay here anymore anyway... I wanted to come to this place before because I was at a low level, and it would be a good place to level up... And also because of the food.'

But now I'm too strong and don't even need to eat.

All my reasons for staying in this place have disappeared.

'But I at least want to try the meat of these monsters! Kumoko said in the novel that it tastes better than the others.'

And then, finally, a monster appeared!!!!

####

Elroe Gunerave LV2

Stats

HP 1,001
MP 511
SP 899

Offense: 893
Defence: 821
Magic: 454
Resistance: 433
Speed: 582

'But it's not a very strong monster... But compared to the monsters on the surface of the labyrinth, it's a powerful monster.'

The giant eel came out of the lava and came towards me, oblivious to my strength. This monster doesn't have good senses.

I watched the monster approach and moved to the side, avoiding its attack. The giant eel hit the ground, and I took this opportunity to pin him to the ground using my web.

'Should I take this monster to Kumoko to kill?'

The eel was struggling madly. And then it used its fire attack to try and burn me and my webs. I didn't move and let the fire hit me.

[ "Fire Resistance LV2" became "Fire Resistance LV3" ]

'Oh?'

It leveled up easily, and I didn't even take damage. Seriously, that's strange. I have such a low fire resistance but am not taking any damage because of my high status. It shouldn't be possible.

'And it didn't manage to burn away my cobwebs either. That's good.' The monster remained stuck on the ground, so I killed it. I slashed it, and it died instantly.

If Kumoko were here, she could go up a few levels.

'Now let's start the hunt. I have to find some Elroe Guneseven. They're considered the tastiest monsters in this labyrinth.'

I'm sure Kumoko will go crazy for that monster's meat.

'Ah... I haven't used Evil Eye...'

Chapter 53 - Inert Evil Eye
My hunt began, and it was easier than I expected. Taking care not to fall into the lava, I started using my web to hang from the ceiling and attract the monsters in the lava lakes.

They were scared, but eventually they appeared. Unfortunately, most of the monsters that appeared were not what I expected.

However, it was fun to swing over the river of lava while cutting the monsters that "flew" towards me. The giant eels were killed and fell back into the lava. I don't mind that since the flesh of these monsters isn't what I'm after.

Vuosh~~

Masterfully, I reached the other side of the lava river.

'It's strange swinging around in a web having such a big body. I feel like Spiderman. '

I turned back to the river and stood there in silence.

'I can feel something getting closer. Have they finally decided to show up?'

To my surprise, a group of them appeared. A giant catfish with a big mouth. It was a group of five of them. I was right next to the river of lava, and they tried to swallow me, all attacking simultaneously.

I got away.

I blocked their view using my web, and they threw themselves back into the lava to escape.

I could only see the status of one of them, and he was not very strong.

Elroe Guneseven LV6

Stats

HP 430
MP 270
SP 198

Offense: 331
Defense: 317
Magic: 103
Resistance: 152
Speed: 121

Skills

[ Fire Wyrm LV4 ] [ Dragon Scales LV2 ] [ Hit LV7 ] [ Swim LV6 ] [ Overeating LV2 ] [ Heat Nullification ]

'He has some interesting skills. I have to be careful and bring them out. I can't lose their bodies in the lava.'

Their bodies won't burn, but I won't be able to get into the lava to get them out of there. 'I should wait for them. Should I wait here and capture them one at a time?'

So I waited for a few minutes.

I turned my back and pretended not to see anything and to be distracted.

And then!

I suddenly turned around, and there he was. One of the Elroe Guneseven! I threw my web like a whip, grabbed around him, and pulled him hard towards me. He suffered some damage, but he wasn't dead.

Away from the lava, he was harmless. I stared at him and finally used the [ Cursed Evil Eye ] for the first time. And then... The monster began to lose life as my mana was slowly drained.

As my [ Cursed Evil Eye ] is still at level one, the monster's life is slowly going down... very slowly.

'I should keep using it to level up... Or just edit it.'

Let's do it. If I edit to level 10, I'll unlock tier 2, and tier 2 is terrific. And I'll have it permanently. Right, let's do it.

'System, I put the Cursed Evil Eye at level 10.'

And when I did.

I received the [ Jinx Evil Eye LV1 ].

I turned off editing, and the [ Cursed Evil Eye LV10 ] skill disappeared, and only the [ Jinx Evil Eye LV1 ] skill remained. But even at level one, it was already much better.

The damage dealt was absurd. What's more, the monster's stats were being reduced because of the curse caused by the eye.

Quickly, the monster succumbed to the curse and died in front of me. 'I didn't even spend a lot of MP, that's great. Seeing the functionality of this only makes me want to get other evil eyes.'

'If I use the edit, I can get another one. Let's see.'

However, just as I was about to use the system to strengthen myself again by acquiring another [ Evil Eye ], I was attacked by fire magic on my back. Of course, I felt no pain, just a little heat.

When the monsters attacked me and realized I hadn't been hurt, they tried to run away, but I edited my speed and approached them in a second.

I pierced them with my claws and threw them out of the lava lake, one by one. They all died instantly, of course.

In all, I had five whole bodies to eat.

'I think it's too much.'

But now that I've gotten the food, let's get another one of the [ Evil Eyes ]. I'm looking forward to it... But which one should I get?

I will use the store to see what the eyes do so I don't make a stupid choice.

'Lalala~~ Let's get stronger.'

####

I looked at all the eyes, but the one that caught my eye the most was the [ Paralyzing Evil Eye ]. The tier 2 of this eye is even better. I could practically make my enemy "stop in time".

If I combine this eye with the one I already have, it's a perfect combo.

'Right, I'll edit a random skill to [ Paralyzing Evil Eye LV10 ]. This way, I'll unlock the eye's tier 2.'

And after editing...

[ The skill "Inert Evil Eye LV1" has been learned. ]

'Now I don't have any more new slots. Now I'll have to wait for the cooldown every time I edit a skill.'

I deactivated all my edits.

'But how am I supposed to take all these monsters with me? I have spatial magic, but can I use it to store all these bodies?'

I tried, but it didn't work. Maybe when it is at level 10, it will work.

'Hiiro, I'm coming back with the meat.'

I told her. Even though I was far away, she probably heard me.

'Right, I'll chop one of the bodies into small pieces and take it with me.'

[ "Urednik pajka LV1 (Phase 2)" became "Urednik pajka LV2 (Phase 2)" ]

'Oh? I leveled up quickly. I think my spiders are hunting too many monsters.'

Unfortunately, my editing on my familiars still only lasts 24 hours. The time should have been increased after my evolution.

Chapter 54 - Evolution and spatial magic at maximum level.
After chopping the meat, I went back the same way to where Kumoko was. However, when I reached the end of the path, I couldn't find her, she had disappeared. Fortunately, she appeared soon afterwards carrying a monster.

'Did you kill it to eat?'

'No, of course not. I was hunting, hahaha.' Kumoko looked away and laughed. I sighed and then placed the meat in front of her.

'This is the meat. Didn't you hear when I told you I was coming?'

'Oh, I did, but there was no way I could answer. When I heard you talking about the meat, I went to find something to eat because I thought you'd be a while. So, what's there?'

Kumoko was excited about the "lava layer", so I prepared the meat while I told her what it was like.

'WOW! I want to go there!'

'But didn't you say you were scared?'

'Huh? I didn't say I was scared. I said it had no fire resistance and was dangerous.'

'You looked scared~~'

'Impossible. Now give me this.'

Kumoko took the piece of meat I had cooked and took a big bite. Her eyes lit up as the juicy meat reached her mouth. 'Wow, wow, what is this?! It's so good! It doesn't even compare to all the garbage I've been eating since I got here!'

'Don't call the food garbage.'

'They're not food. They're just monsters with a bad meat.'

'If you ate them, they're food. Now, finish eating quickly so we can get back to hunting. I've found a way to take you out of the labyrinth with me.'

'What? Is it serious?'

'Yes, but it'll be a few hours before I can do that.'

I commented on spatial magic before, right? If I remember correctly, when I reach a certain level, I can use a magic called "Group teleportation" or something like that.

I'll be able to teleport together with Kumoko.

Spatial magic is on another level.

'A few hours? Really?' Kumoko looked sad.

'I need a few hours because of the cooldown. I'll get the group teleportation skill... You'll have to be patient.'

'Right~~ But before we go hunting again, I will finish eating this.' Kumoko started devouring the meat as fast as she could.

I want a skill to track monsters or something~~ It would be easier to find monsters to Kumoko kill. I can't wait to be able to create abilities.

If that's ever possible...

####

A few hours passed, and the cooldown was already ending. During this time, I helped Kumoko capture some monsters for her to kill using my Evil Eye. I paralyzed them, and she killed them.

The experience she gained was relatively high, so she quickly reached the maximum level and can now make her evolution. And lucky, she got her special evolution path.

'Which evolution path do you intend to choose?' I asked Kumoko. I want to get an idea of what she will choose. I'll give her tips if necessary. I want her to evolve just like in the novel.

'I was given two paths. Zoa Ele and Poison Taratect.'

'I remember Poison Taratect, but I don't think there was Zoa Ele in my evolution path. It can be something special and unique.'

'...' Kumoko was silent for a few minutes, probably producing some monologues to make her decision. 'I've decided. I'm going to evolve into Zoa Ele!' Kumoko said happily.

'Are you sure?' I asked.

'Of course, it's much better. Can't you look using your system? You have that too, don't you? Maybe you can look.'

'Yes, of course, of course.' I couldn't even look anymore. Before I knew it, the old evolution tree had disappeared, and only the new one remained. I pretended to look and encouraged her.

'It's a good evolution. You'll gain proficiency in many skills.'

'Isn't that amazing? Can you protect me while I evolve? Unfortunately, I can't stay awake like you.'

'Sure. At first, I also fainted whenever I chose a new evolution, but I didn't faint anymore after I got an exclusive race.'

'Will that happen to me too? I hope so.'

'Who knows~~'

Kumoko entered her temporary home.

'All right, I hope it doesn't take too long.'

After choosing her path of evolution, Kumoko immediately fainted. I sat down in front of her house and then took a second look at the cooldown. 'It's still a few hours away...'

I'll probably be able to edit a skill by the time she wakes up.

And fortunately, I was right!

Even before Kumoko woke up, I could edit another skill. And, of course, I chose to set my spatial magic to the maximum level!

[ Edit Applied! ]

And with my magic at maximum level, the first thing I did was test the storage magic. I'd seen it in various isekais, and it always seemed so convenient.

I'm sure I'll be using it a lot.

And it really is very convenient.

I stored stones and the rest of a monster's body to test it out, and there was plenty of space—more than I expected. 'But the most important thing is group teleportation.'

'Wow, that's amazing!'

And then Kumoko woke up.

'You're finally awake? I got the magic to teleport us out.'

'Really?' Kumoko's eyes began to glow. She ignored her evolution and ran towards me.

Chapter 55 - Human camp.
'Are you sure this will work?' Kumoko asked worriedly.

Kumoko was just ahead of me, and I was preparing to use my teleporting ability. I decided to teleport to the same cave I had hidden in before.

'I don't know if it will work either... But since the system says it will, we should trust it.'

'But~~' Kumoko was very nervous. I put one of my legs over her head and told her to trust me. After that, I used the group teleportation skill.

There was no button to press like in an RPG. I just had to imagine it and say the name of the skill. Fortunately, it worked, but it took longer than I expected.

It took long seconds before the light finally teleported us to the cave.

'Did it work?' Kumoko looked around. There were still walls around since we were in a cave, but it was a bit different from the walls in the labyrinth.

'Yes, it worked. This was the place I hid when I first came outside. I hid here because I was scared.'

'Are you serious?'

'Don't judge me. I was weaker back then. Come on, this way. The cave is a little small. We'll get to the exit soon.'

Kumoko followed me out, and we finally reached the cave exit. The things I had placed to block the entrance were no longer here; probably someone had removed them, or the wind had blown them away.

'It's night.' I looked up, and the leaves of the trees were swaying because of the wind.'

'So this is the outside... It's more normal than I thought.'

'What did you expect it to be? A post-apocalyptic world or something?'

'Of course not, but I expected castles and people flying around using magic.'

'This isn't Harry Potter. Should we move on, or do you want to stay around here? We can go back to the labyrinth whenever you want.'

'Let's explore! I want to explore!' Kumoko jumped excitedly. 'I'm sure a town must be nearby! A town must be nearby if there's this huge dungeon here.'

'You're right, there must be a town nearby... Hey, wait.'

Kumoko started running between the trees, and I followed. We met no monsters on the way despite the night and the dense forest. And after a long time, the forest started to get less dense.

'Hey, do you think we're going the right way?'

'Are you trying to get to a city? You remember you're a monster, don't you?'

'And who cares? I can sneak in.' Kumoko said confidently.

'I'm sure that won't work. Don't do anything stupid.'

'Don't worry, trust me.' Kumoko began to climb a tall tree using her web. When she reached the top, a smile appeared on her face. 'I can see something, I can see some lights. Could it be humans?'

'Lights? They must be torches.'

I'm very heavy, but I still climbed on a tree to look. With my highly powerful eyesight, I could see the human camp that was a long way off.

'What are you going to do? You said you wanted to hunt humans, didn't you?'

'Should I do that?' There were many of them, but most humans were very young. They even looked like teenagers.

For a moment, I started to care about humans again.

Should I do this?

The abilities of the seven deadly sins no longer affect my mind, so I'm very conscious of whatever I think and do. Should I become this bloodthirsty monster?

'Well, if they saw me, they'd try to kill me...'

'Hiiro, I'll go over there.'

'Are you sure? I'll stay here. You can go by yourself.'

'What? Are you afraid to come with me?'

'Of course not. I don't want to throw up.'

'It's strange that you still have so much empathy for humans.'

'I was a human! I don't want to see you kill them all. It's decided, I'm staying here. Good luck~~'

Kumo came down from the tree, and I threw myself on the ground. I then threw some meat I had kept in my storage for her.

'Have fun with that. I'll be right back.'

'What do you think I am, a dog?!' Kumoko began to devour the food.

I then ran at top speed towards the human camp.

####

I got close. I soon hid among the trees nearby and began listening to the conversation of the humans sitting around a large fire. There were seven of them.

In addition to the seven, I could sense two more inside a tent.

"Who does that idiot think he is to send us into this dirty labyrinth just to get that shit? It pisses me off." A muscular man said. He had several scars all over his body.

"He's our boss, and you know he'll kill us if we don't do it." Another man replied.

"But why us? Doesn't he have that other little army that's much stronger? We've just been fucking hired."

"Don't question it, just follow the order."

"Tsk!"

'So they've been sent into the labyrinth. They must be coming from far away. That muscular man is the only one who looks older. The rest are all very young people.'

But what is "that shit"? Is it something important? I'm curious.

Chapter 56 - What is "that"?
I kept hiding while I listened to the men talk. However, they didn't speak more about "that", so I couldn't find out what "that" was. Seriously, I'm very curious now. How am I going to find out what it is?

I can't read their minds.

'Since I'll kill them, shouldn't I threaten them to tell me about it?'

If I had to guess, it's some weapon that's been left behind, some important ingredient that I don't know about, and maybe even some hidden treasure that their boss has hidden somewhere.

I don't remember anything like that in the original story.

'Right, they're pretty weak.'

I used my Appraisal skill and discovered that they weren't strong. The strongest among them is level 17. He does have some interesting abilities, such as the [ Night Vision ] skill.

I have no idea why this man has this skill, but he does.

His Status is as follows.

Mike Gousik LV17

HP 210
MP 187
SP 119

Average Offense Ability: 356
Average Defense Ability: 290
Average Magic Ability: 126
Average Resistance Ability: 325

He had a few attack and resistance skills. His primary skill is [ Swordsmanship LV7 ].

It's high. He'll be level 10 soon...

'I don't even need to edit my Status. I'll deactivate my edit. I'm too strong for these guys to do anything against me.'

I'll warn Kumoko before I do anything. I can't sense her presence, but maybe she's nearby.

'Hiiro, I'm going to attack them. Don't come any closer if you don't want to see it.'

After warning her, I left the darkness and slowly approached them. The closer I got, the more I realized how big I was. I'm twice their size.

Can you imagine meeting a spider twice your size?

But even as I approached, they didn't notice me.

'Are they drunk?' I'm very close to the camp... and they haven't noticed me. Well, let's do it. My web flew up, and I grabbed the seven men.

I didn't kill them. I just trapped them. All the men started screaming in despair.

"What's going on? WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?"

"AAAAHHH"

"WHAT THE FUCK, I CAN'T MOVE! I CAN'T GET RID OF THIS THING. WHAT IS IT?"

"Isn't that a spider's web?!" One of the men noticed what it was.

So I walked to them, stepping over some bags and leftover food on the floor. When all the men finally saw me, they went pale. They were speechless.

They all looked at me with horror, as if I were the scariest thing in the world.

'Well, I'm probably the scariest thing they've ever seen.'

I approached the man called Mike and stood facing him. His face was pale, and he was shaking like crazy. He tried to say something, but his words weren't coming out.

'You, what are you doing?' I said, using my telepathy.

The man looked around, frightened, and then looked straight at me. He realized I was talking and tried to answer me but couldn't speak. I noticed that he had pissed his pants.

Disgusting.

'I'm talking about what you will do in the labyrinth. What are you looking for?' I asked.

"What do you mean?" The man finally managed to answer.

'You were talking earlier about something in the labyrinth. Something your boss asked for. I'm curious about it. I want to know what it is.'

"It's nothing important." The man looked away.

'It's nothing important? Then why don't you tell me what it is?' I bent down, and my eight eyes stared at the man. He started shaking even more, terrified, but he didn't answer me.

Hmm... I don't think he's going to talk.

I turned to look at the other men and searched for the calmest among them. And the calmest was a boy who looked the youngest. He's not as scared as the others.

'You, what are you going to get in the labyrinth?'

When he heard my voice, the boy immediately realized it was me, unlike the other man who thought it was someone else. This boy's name is Liu, he's pretty interesting.

"I don't know what it is. These people have hired me. I know we had to get something, just it."

'You don't know?'

"I don't know." The boy replied firmly.

'Aren't you scared?'

"Of course I'm scared."

'Well, you're shaking, but at least you didn't piss your pants like that guy called Mike.'

"Who are you? Did you come from the labyrinth? You don't look like the queen."

'I'm not the queen. I'm someone even stronger.' After I said this to the man, I noticed some sounds from the nearby forest. I'd forgotten about the two men inside the tent... Since the seven around the campfire are already trapped, I must go after them.

They are running towards Kumoko.

With my unusual agility, I ran between the trees. Then, I jumped, using my strength, and flew into the air. I could see the two men.

They were running desperately without looking back.

'Die.'

My web flew toward the men, hitting the ground behind them, and then I flew at high speed to where they were. I was close instantly, and my claws pierced the men's backs.

They groaned in pain and died quickly.

'I'd forgotten about you guys. You guys almost got away.'

I quickly returned to where I had left the seven men. However, in the two minutes I had been gone, one of them had somehow managed to escape. And who was that? Of course, it was Liu.

'I can see you.'

Chapter 57 - You're coming with me.
I could see him running through the forest. He was carrying a sword I hadn't noticed before. He'll probably try to fight. Considering his status, he can't do anything against me, so I needn't worry.

I ran and approached instantly, passing through the trees on my way.

The boy didn't seem to see properly in the darkness, but I could see everything. Hearing the sounds I made, the boy turned to me, frightened.

I could see the dread in his eyes, which practically glowed in the darkness, his eyes shining with the determination to survive. I confess that this made me want to let him go.

'Stop running. I don't want to hurt you.' I said. Then my web flew out and tied his legs together. He fell on his sword and suffered a superficial cut.

"Damn it, just leave me alone, I told you I don't know what they're after! I want to go back to town and rest!" The boy said. I noticed that he was trembling despite confronting me like this.

He's trying to look strong.

'If you stay quiet, I can let you go. Let's go back now. Some of your friends might try to run away.'

"Friends? They're not my friends."

'Right, right~~ Just be quiet now.'

I wrapped him up in my web and put him on my back before jumping towards the sky. I "flew" through the air while the man screamed in despair, afraid of falling.

We approached the campsite, and all the men were in the same place.

"What are you going to do now? You fucking spider."

'What's that? Didn't your mother educate you?' I approached the guy who had said that. His name doesn't even matter. I can call him "NPC 1" or "Mike and Liu's buddy". He's not interesting at all.

But he was so scared before. I'm surprised he's talking now.

I approached him and looked into his eyes, activating my skill [ Jinx Evil Eye ], which rapidly drained the man's life. He began to scream as he suffered until his HP reached 0.

The other men looked at me in terror. I can tell what they're thinking.

'That spider killed him just by looking at him!'

'That spider is too strong.'

'How am I going to escape from this place?'

Yes, yes, I'm sure they're thinking things like that.

'And... I don't need them anymore.'

I approached two of them.

"Please, I beg you, I haven't done anything, have I?!"

'You didn't do anything, but you won't be any use to me from now on. I don't want you going around talking about me, so I can't let you go.'

"Please don't! I'll do anything!"

'So... Do you know what you guys will get in the labyrinth?'

"I don-"

Before I heard his full answer, I stepped on his head, causing his head to split in two and the ground to be wholly soiled with blood. Not just the floor but his companion's face right next to him.

'"No no no no no!!!" The man began to scream in despair as he struggled. I tried to talk to him, but he kept asking for help and begging for mercy. He's highly annoying.

Without thinking, I killed him, too.

I did it with every one of them. As much as they begged for mercy, I didn't let them live. In the end, only Mike and Liu remained. I've only left Mike alive because I'm sure he knows what they will get in the labyrinth.

I know!

I can try to use [ Lust ] to control him... But I got rid of the skill and can't edit another skill now. I should keep him with me until the cooldown comes to an end.

'I've decided you're going with me to the labyrinth.'

" What? You're kidding, right?! No, please, I'll do anything!" Mike started begging. He knew that if I took him, he'd never get out of that place. But he also knows my chance of letting him go is almost zero.

He saw what happened to his friends.

Well, if he tells me what they're looking for and where it is, I don't need to take him into the labyrinth.

'So tell me what is in the labyrinth, isn't that simple?'

"But why do you want to know so much about it? You're a monster. You don't need that!"

'I'm curious. I'm a curious monster.'

"..."

'Now tell me what you're looking for.'

Mike remained silent. I guess his boss ordered him not to talk about it with anyone, even if it's just a monster.

'Well.' I wrapped Mike up in my web and covered his mouth so he wouldn't make any noise.

'You're coming with us too, Liu.'

"Huh? How do you know my name? And where are you taking us?"

'Into the labyrinth, of course.'

"WHAT?!"

'Come on, don't be so scared. It's not so bad in there. It's very humid, so you'll need to get used to it.'

"No, please." Liu finally cried after discovering that he was being taken with me. He looks pretty sad... He's one of those characters with something to protect, right?

Even though I don't know him, and he's irrelevant, he must have some background story.

Well, I don't care.

I ignored Liu's tears and covered his mouth to take him with me.

I tied the two of them to my own body so they wouldn't fly away and then went to where Kumoko was waiting for me. I hope she's okay. You never know what can happen when I'm away.

Chapter 58 - Ariel.
I arrived where Kumoko was, but she wasn't there anymore. She had gone somewhere else. I confess I started to worry a little, but I think she's okay.

I followed the same path we had used and returned to the cave. And there she was.

'Urgh, why did you bring them? You're an idiot! I thought you were going to kill them all and come back!'

'I heard something interesting. They're going to get something important inside the labyrinth.'

'And you captured them just because you're curious? You're joking?! Leave them here, take them out, and deal with them.'

'What? Are you scared? They're not going to do anything.'

'It's not that, it's not a good idea.' Kumoko gesticulated wildly, showing her displeasure.

The two men were watching us fearfully as we communicated.

'As soon as I find out what they're after, I'll kill them and feed them to the monsters. It'll be quick.'

'They don't want to tell you what they are looking for. Do you think they'll change their minds when they enter the labyrinth?'

'I have a plan.'

'Urrgghh, I still think that's a bad idea. Oh, and speaking of which, I saw something interesting while you were out. I walked around for a few minutes and managed to find a lake... But it looked dangerous.'

'Is there a lake nearby?'

I remember Kumoko reaching the sea, but I don't remember a lake. My memories are getting hazier and hazier. I need to remember some details. It would be interesting to have the novel to read again.

Would God do that for me?

'Yes, it isn't too far from here, but it looked dangerous. I saw something giant inside. There must be monsters everywhere in this place.'

'You have night vision. Couldn't you see what it was?'

'No. But it was big... It looked dangerous.'

'Well, we'll deal with that later.'

I started to prepare the teleportation magic, and Kumoko continued to complain and be against taking the men into the labyrinth. I ignored it and focused on my magic to teleport us all together.

But...

BOOOOOMMM~~

A massive explosion happened. Suddenly, I felt my whole body shiver for a moment. It was the feeling of approaching death. I immediately edited my Defense Status to 150,000.

Kumoko, who hadn't managed to react to the surprise attack, was protected by me.

Rocks began to fall, I threw the men under me, and the rocks fell on me. 'Shit, shit, I didn't think there was anything dangerous out here.'

After so long, I felt something I couldn't face had appeared.

I threw all the rocks away, and Kumoko, just below me, started screaming in despair.

'WHAT IS IT, WHAT IS IT?! WE'RE GOING TO DIE!!!'

Everything above our heads had disappeared. It all happened in the space of a few seconds.

'Hiiro, stay right here, don't move.' My eyes moved around the area until they finally reached the source of the attack. Flying in the sky was a beautiful woman with a majestic appearance.

She looked at me with cold eyes.

'What is she doing here? And the status... I'm sure it wasn't like that!'

Suddenly, a substantial change had taken place. My abnormal evolution has caused a change in the world itself. What is it? Did that God modify my enemies so that it wouldn't be so easy?

SHE'S TOO STRONG!!!!

####

*Change of POV*

In a large room, a grown man who looked to be between 28 and 35 years old was talking to a beautiful woman who didn't seem to be listening to what he had to say.

The man, who was a handsome man with black hair with white stripes, sighed. His elegant white clothes with blue details were eye-catching.

"I told you before, didn't I? We have work to do."

"I'm not in the mood. I'm going out now." The woman replied. The woman was none other than Ariel, or rather... Demon Lord. She seemed indifferent to everything the man had to say. Her thoughts were on something else.

The presence inside the labyrinth. That presence was unusual, and it made her very curious. Curious enough to want to go there and see what was going on.

Also, the Queen Taratect had been killed. And it makes her angry.

"Balto, take care of everything while I'm gone." Without thinking, Ariel threw herself out of the living room window and flew off at high speed. She watched the darkness as she traveled through the sky, searching for that strange presence.

It didn't take her long to find it.

Just below, in the darkness, she could see a giant spider she didn't recognize. A species she didn't know, which made it all the more bizarre. After all, Ariel was the original Taratect.

How could she not know that species of spider?

'Who?' Ariel narrowed her eyes and continued to follow the spider's every move. The humans didn't matter to Ariel. She just wanted to see what that spider was up to.

Ariel then saw the spider carry the two humans into a cave.

'Is she taking them to eat them?' Ariel began to sense the spatial magic and decided to attack, not wanting them to teleport. A powerful magic took over the entire cave, causing the whole cave to be thrown into the air.

The remaining stones fell on the giant spider, which threw everything away.

Ariel stood still and noticed that something had changed.

'The spider's defense has gone up, but its abilities are still the same. That's new to me.'

Something new and unexpected happened.

Chapter 59 - I want to be allies.
I continued to stare at Ariel as I thought about what to do. Honestly, there's nothing I can do against her. As much as I can now edit my MP and SP, and the limit is higher, I can't defeat her.

And why? Because her Status is much higher than it should be. Changes have happened. God has probably changed that.

'Hiiro, you need to hide right now.' Kumoko was still hiding just below me. I don't know if Ariel can detect her presence, but I at least need to try to hide her.

If she's caught in an attack, she'll die instantly.

'What happened? Is it an enemy? I can't see since you're in front of me.'

'It's someone very dangerous. You should hide. I'll try to deal with her.'

'Is she as strong as you?'

'She's stronger than me. When I say "3", start running, okay?'

Kumoko was very scared.

I increased my defense even more, putting it at 200,000. When I did, I soon realized I had exceeded my limit. My MP began to drop madly.

'1...'

'2...'

'3... Run!

At my shout, Kumoko started to run, and I ran too, but on the opposite side. I looked up and noticed Ariel completely ignored Kumoko, which is good. She's only paying attention to me.

SP 4.622/6.700

My SP had already dropped a lot. I'm losing about 200 SP per second or even more. What's more, my body is heavy. My speed has dropped a lot.

'I have a bad feeling about this.'

I ran between the trees and lowered my defense to 100,000. When I did, my SP stopped dropping 200 per second. But I had already reached my limit. My body is too heavy.

I've exceeded my limits again. Fortunately, I can still stay awake.

Where is she?

I looked around for Ariel, but I couldn't find her, she'd disappeared.

'I'm sure she was chasing me. Has she given up?'

Of course, she didn't give up.

VUOSHH~~

The trees in front of me flew towards me, and the ground cracked. Ariel had just fallen right before me, destroying everything around her. I wasn't hurt, but just the pressure she was emitting made me want to vomit.

That doesn't make sense.

Origin taratect LV251

Ariel

HP 295,451
MP 254,489
SP 271,491

Average Offense Ability: 290,021
Average Defense Ability: 189,997
Average Magic Ability: 287,504
Average Resistance Ability: 287,489
Average Speed Ability: 289,518

Why is she at level 251? And why is her Status so high? Besides, she didn't have that many skills! Or did she? I am trying to remember.

But that's not important here!

The important thing is to get out of this place alive. She can kill me whenever she wants, and I don't think D will help me now. Seriously, what a complicated situation.

Ariel stood still as she stared at me. She is annoyed. I shouldn't even try to use my magic eye on her. I'm sure it won't work. Damn, that's complicated.

Fortunately, I have Heresy's annulment, so she won't be able to do anything with heresy magic.

But her physical and magical abilities...

"Who are you? ... What are you?"

Ariel asked me. She does not recognize my race, so it's strange for her.

'I'm a spider.' I replied.

She waved her hand and created a shock wave that hit me, showing her strength. I didn't suffer any damage, but it was enough to make me shiver.

I must look pathetic now.

Unlike D, she can kill me... D could kill me using monsters, but it's different now. She can attack me directly and kill me whenever she wants.

"I've never seen anything like you before. How do you manage to edit your defense? And why is your status so high? That's strange."

Ariel started asking a lot of questions.

'How can I put it? I was born inside the labyrinth and received a unique ability. I don't know any more than that.'

"An intelligent monster like you with such an absurd ability was suddenly born? That's surprising."

'But aren't you also an intelligent and strong monster? What's the difference between you and me?

"Haaa~~ Why did you kill the queen?"

'The queen? She attacked me and my friend, so I fought her and won. Wasn't that fair? I didn't do anything wrong.'

"You're right, but it still annoys me."

I sensed her murderous intent and stepped back.

'Hey, wait, wait. You're strong, so I don't want to fight. If I fight, I'll end up dying, and I don't want to die now. I haven't even gotten human form yet.'

"Human form?"

'Well...' Should I tell her I was a human? Will that change anything? I don't think so. 'Wouldn't it be easier to live among humans that way?'

"You want to live among humans? I've never seen a monster want something like that."

'Is it that strange? It's not very nice to live isolated inside a huge labyrinth, you know.'

"..."

'You're going to kill me? I don't think that will be of any benefit to you. What do you think? You help me, and we can work together.'

"And why should I work together with you?"

'The only thing I can say is that I was born recently, but I've already reached this level. Wouldn't it be interesting to have me as an ally? It might help you.'

"..."

Will that work? It's the only way to get rid of her.

If I fight? I'll die.

If I try to trick her, I'm not sure I can.

If I try to run away? I die.

Trying to get her to accept me as an ally will probably work. After all, I'm a spider too.

####

Chapter 60 - Kumoko has been caught.
Ariel continued to stare at me in silence. I didn't know if she would accept my proposal, but maybe she would. Should I try to say something? No, it's best to stay silent.

Ariel let out a long sigh.

"All right, I won't do anything for now. But only because I'm curious." Ariel had never seen anyone like me before, so it's understandable.

Has she ever shown interest in something like this? Well, I don't remember.

'I'm going back into the labyrinth now. I'll go out hunting later. I hope you don't get in my way when the time comes.'

"What's that? Do you want to die?"

'I'm not giving you an order or anything. It's just a request. Oh, and before I go, I'd like to ask you something.'

"What is it?"

'It's about humans. What will happen if I go to some distant village and kill everyone?'

"You'll probably be hunted down, that's all. What's that? You want to go around killing humans like you don't care?"

'My evolution is taking too long. If I kill humans, I'll evolve faster.'

"... Well, I don't care what you do."

'Then. '

I turned to leave, but I felt something approaching. I jumped away and looked back. There was Ariel, standing with her hand pointed in my direction. Had she tried to grab me or something?

I narrowly escaped. I'm surprised I managed to avoid it since I don't have my Status edited. She's probably not serious. She's just playing with me.

'The next time we meet, I'll be stronger than you. '

"You're begging me to kill you, you know that?"

'It's a joke, it's a joke, there's no way I can get strong that quickly. If you meet another spider out there, don't kill it. It's a friend.'

"Another spider like you?"

'She's not like me but has as much potential as I do. Just leave her alone. We don't want to get into a war with you or anything. And visit us whenever you feel like it. I'll be waiting for you.'

"..."

Ariel watched me walk away in silence. I thought she was going to attack me, but she didn't. I ran to where the cave used to be to look for Kumoko. I kept looking around to make sure Ariel wasn't following me.

She did go away and leave us alone.

'If she's curious, she must have let me go because of that. She doesn't need me for anything.'

Right, where's Kumoko?

'Hiiro, where are you? I'm where the cave was; everything's been destroyed here.'

I looked at the two men on the ground. They were faint, probably from fear.

After waiting for some time, Kumoko didn't appear.

I jumped and looked around for something. Then, I saw some torches in the distance. They weren't here before. The sound of Ariel's attack may have attracted some people.

It could be that Kumoko is in danger. Well, she's strong now... I'd be surprised if she's in trouble.

Well, let's go and have a look.

I ran through the trees and approached in an instant. To my surprise, Kumoko was in trouble. She was trapped. Yes, Kumoko is trapped in a cage that looks like it's made of iron.

The problem is... A cage made of iron shouldn't be trapping her like this. What the hell happened?

The men around Kumoko were all wearing beautiful, exuberant armor. They were strong, much stronger than I expected.

The men's statuses are above 2,000. They're stronger than Kumoko. She was only caught because of that. I used my appraisal skill to see if Kumoko was injured.

She's lost more than half her life.

Seeing this, I started to get quite angry.

I don't even need to edit my Status for that.

I came out of the darkness, and the men screamed. With one blow, I split one of the men in half. His armor, his flesh, I cut through with ease. The top half of the man's body fell onto the feet of one of his companions, who panicked.

'How many enemies? 7?'

I looked around, and my mind began quickly processing the best moves. As if I were a fighting expert, I dodged every attack that came my way.

I ignored all the men's screams as my giant body danced through the air and my claws slashed at the men.

My spider web danced through the air and grabbed the weapon of one of the men, knocking it out of his hand. His sword flew out and hit his friend in the head. Soon after, his body was cut in half.

I quickly killed the seven men.

[ "Urednik pajka LV2" became "Urednik pajka LV3" ]

"As I imagined, killing humans is the best."

I approached the cage where Kumoko was trapped and slashed it with my claw. Then I carefully wrapped Kumoko in my web and took her to where the two fainted men were.

I don't have recovery magic, but I don't need to worry. Kumoko has regeneration ability, so she'll be fine.

####

I only have 9 extra chapters on patr eon at the moment. I'm not having the time and creativity to write several a day. I'll try to get back to posting a few extra chapters there every day.

Chapter 61 - Hidden items. New
Finally, the "trip" outside, which was supposed to be easy, was over.

It was good that I met Ariel, but it was more work than expected, mainly because unknown men had captured Kumoko.

Fortunately, I was much stronger than them. Let's go back now.

I used spatial magic to make a long-distance teleportation to the bottom of the labyrinth where Kumoko and I lived.

It took a while for the magic to complete, and then my vision changed. I even missed it a little, this cold, damp climate at the bottom of the labyrinth... But the air outside is better.

The fresh wind outside the labyrinth is much more pleasant.

What should I do until the cooldown comes to an end? Should I keep hunting?

I should wait for Kumoko to wake up first. I can't go out and leave her here alone. Besides, monsters might show up and kill these two before I can use my ability to control their minds.

So I sat and waited.

I think an hour passed. Kumoko finally woke up. As soon as she woke, she looked around desperately for the humans who had captured her earlier.

'Don't worry, we're in the labyrinth now.'

'Huh? Oh, it's you! Where were you? Who was that woman? Do you know how scared I was when I met those men? Besides, I thought you were dead!'

'All right, calm down, there's no need to shout. That woman was the demon lord.'

'Demon lord? You're joking, right?'

'Do I look like I'm joking? Seriously, she's the demon lord. Luckily, I managed to talk to her and calm her down before she killed me... Although she didn't seem to intend to kill me from the start.'

'Why did the demon lord come here? She was after us? Why?'

'I think it was because of our mother. I killed her, don't you remember? The demon lord has a connection with our mother, that's why.'

'Aaaah, now I get it. So you've provoked the demon lord's wrath... I'd better stay away from you. It's dangerous.'

'Hey, idiot, didn't I already tell you that I talked to her and she let me go? Don't worry. She won't show up again any time soon.'

'So that means she'll show up at some point. Nai waaa~~ I'm getting out of here, bye.'

'And where are you going? You know you won't be able to get out of the labyrinth easily without my help, don't you?'

'I don't want to go out anymore!' Kumoko pouted and started walking away from me. 'I don't want to go out again to be captured by those idiots. Why didn't you say they were so strong?

Kumoko turned to me, and I sighed.

'Those humans weren't like the ones I saw before. The ones I saw inside the labyrinth were weak. They died to the monsters I revived who are much weaker than me...'

'I wonder who those were. Were they knights from some kingdom or something?'

'I wouldn't doubt that possibility... Perhaps the kingdom they belong to already knows about me. Not that I care much about that.'

'But if they find out about you, won't they come and hunt you down?'

'As long as they don't send a high-level hero, we'll not have any problems. Besides, I'm allied with the demon lord. Maybe she'll help me.'

'Ah, I doubt that. She is a demon, after all~~'

Then Kumoko's stomach began to rumble.

'Are you hungry? Should I get you something to eat?'

'Hmp~~ No need to worry about that, I'll go hunting myself. Take care of those humans. I don't want to be here when they wake up anyway.'

'What's wrong? Are you scared? They're not as strong as those guys in armor, don't worry.'

'I'm not scared!!!' Kumoko shouted and started running.

I sighed and looked at the two men. Now, all I have to do is wait. After that, I need to think about how to get my human form as soon as possible.

####

Many hours passed. The men had already woken up and were sitting in a corner. They were very discouraged. Kumoko was away from them, sleeping. After eating, she used her web to create a new home.

'It's finally time.'

Then, the cooldown reached zero, and I could finally edit a new skill.

I edited a skill into [ Lust ] without thinking twice. Again, I received the message that I had acquired the title [ Ruler of Lust ].

Right.

I approached the two men and looked into the eyes of the older man, the only one who knew what they were looking for and where it was. Mike is his name. Seriously, he was terrified.

When I approached him, he certainly thought, "This spider is going to kill me". But I'm not going to do that now, don't worry.

I used my Lust skill on him, and as expected, it worked. With my MP now very high, I don't need to worry about spending MP.

'What did your boss ask for?" I asked him and removed the web covering his mouth. With empty eyes, the man began to speak.

"A sword. A sword and full armor."

'Huh?A sword and full armor? Is that so special?'

"Yes, it's an important sword and armor for the master."

'There's nothing different about them? Are they just important? I expected it to be a legendary sword or something... Well, I expected too much from some bandits.'

The man remained silent. If it's just an ordinary sword and armor, I don't need it. If it were a legendary sword or something, I'd take it and keep it until I got my human form...

Haaa~~

I let out a long sigh. I'm disappointed.

Anyway, I should go after it.

'So, where is it?'

"It's on the first floor of the labyrinth. One of the master's trusted men was using the sword and armor, but he was killed. One of the men managed to escape and warned the master."

'That man, was he strong?'

"Yes, his name is Ferdinand. He was a confident knight, he was very strong." The man replied in a monotone.

There aren't any strong monsters on the surface of the labyrinth. He probably fought my mother or something.

'Well, get up, let's go after that sword and armor.'

I took the webs off the man, and he stood up.

####

Chapter 62 - Strange humanoid creatures. New
I told Kumoko where we were going and asked her to keep an eye on Liu. He was still tied with my web... However, Kumoko still refused to keep an eye on him.

'I'm not going to do this! I'm not taking care of this guy. Look at his eyes. He wants to kill us.'

'But he can't. Just stay here and keep an eye on him. And if he manages to escape, you can deal with him. You used Appraisal, didn't you? He's much weaker than you, don't be afraid.

'Tsk!'

'Come on, don't be stingy. I'll be back soon.'

'All right, all right, all right. But don't be long.'

'Thanks~~'

I used [Spatial Magic ] and teleported along with Mike to the surface of the labyrinth. He told me the items were "hidden" on the surface but couldn't quite explain where they were.

It was near the entrance to the labyrinth, which I'd never been to before.

'It would be great to have a map or something to locate me. In the future, I can develop a new skill and make a map... I think.'

And so our walk continued. Two hours passed, and we still hadn't reached the place where the sword and armor were. During those two hours, Mike ran for an hour and a half.

He was reaching his limit.

Since he could hurt himself or have a heart attack, I decided to take a break. There was no water, so he would have to endure his thirst. After half an hour of resting, we continued walking.

And then another three hours passed.

We walked through several narrow paths and encountered monsters on the way. I even came across some spiders that are my familiars.

Their statuses are still edited. The edition is lasting longer after my evolution.

Speaking of which, how many monsters must they have killed so far? I need to gain more experience.

"We're close."

'Huh? Really?

"Yes."

I looked around. There was nothing nearby. It was just one of the labyrinth's common paths.

Is the entrance this way? I'm curious. No, I'd better not... There must be guards.

I don't want them to get in my way.

"Follow me, it's this way."

I continued to follow him, and we arrived in a cramped room. So tight that I almost couldn't get in. It was dark, but my night vision allowed me to see everything. Inside the small room, there were several skeletons.

Most of the skeletons were dressed in ordinary leather and metal armor, but one specific one was very eye-catching because it was gold. Yes, it was golden full-body armor.

It even had a helmet. It was like war armor.

'There are red spots under the helmet and at the eyes' entrance. The monsters must have attacked in specific places to kill it. Intelligent monsters.'

I'm sure it wasn't my familiars. They are not this strong. And it doesn't look like it was my mother either, as she would have destroyed this armor. Does Mike know anything about this?

'You said they met a strong monster and died. Do you know which monster it was?'

"I haven't received much information about it, but the man who survived said they were humanoid monsters. He couldn't see the monster's face very well, but he said it resembled a goblin, only a bit taller."

'I see. Could they be the puppets? No, I don't think so. But... I don't remember monsters like that existing in the labyrinth.'

I approached the armor and gently pulled it off the skeleton (kicking the man and breaking all his bones). After that, I wrapped the armor in my webbing and tied it to my body to take it with me.

Now for the sword. It was a magnificent sword, but it didn't look anything special. I tried using Appraisal to see if I could find anything interesting on the sword, but no information appeared.

I threw my web onto the sword, and I wrapped it up as well.

'At least it's pretty.'

It was a golden sword with some red crystals on the handle. It was a beautiful sword that would be worth a lot of money. When I get a human form in the future, I can make a lot of money selling it.

'But now, I should go back. Is there anything else interesting around here?'

I did a thorough search but found nothing. Then it's time to go back.

I put the sword away with the armor and looked at the man before me. He was like a zombie. I can't get him to fight in the labyrinth...'What if I edit his status and throw him out of the labyrinth so he can have some fun?'

A smile appeared on my face.

####

*Change of POV*

Next to a large lake of bubbling lava, two humanoid creatures were staring straight into the lava. Suddenly, a large fish leaped out of the lava, flying towards them. The two creatures didn't flinch.

The two raised their hands, and then dark magic hit the fish, causing large holes in its body.

Next, the fish was caught in something that resembled a spider's web but in a much darker shade. The fish was thrown onto the rocks. The two creatures, one with green skin and the other with dark skin began to devour the fish.

Their teeth were sharp, and their lifeless eyes were wide open.

Their silver hair hit the ground, and their nails were huge.

But even though they looked monstrous, many would say these creatures were two beautiful women.

####

Thanks for the patreon: Wilnet

Chapter 63 - Fun plan. New
After killing Mike, ripping his head off with a single movement, I put his head back on and turned him a familiar.

I then edited 5 of his statuses (my limit) to 300. Attack, speed, defense, and resistance. He has no magical abilities, so it doesn't matter. He came with his swordsmanship skill.

With his status, he'll probably be able to kill many people in a town. He just needs to kill as many people as possible before the guards catch him.

I need to take him out of the labyrinth. But first.

I took one of the ordinary iron swords from next to one of the bodies and handed it to him.

'I'm going to take you outside. After you leave, try to act as normal as possible. And when you get to a town, wait for the best moment to attack.'

'When you get to a busy place, just start killing everyone. No, don't kill children or defenseless women. Just... kill the women who will try to do something against you.''

'As for the men... I don't care about them as long as they're not children. Now, let's go.'

I used my spatial magic and teleported us out of the labyrinth. After, I asked Mike to guide me to a place where there were humans he could ask for help. I want to get him there safely.

The entrance to the labyrinth was just a short distance from the forest we were in before. I hid among the trees, and Mike walked over to a group of guards.

He started talking to two guards. He was doing so well. He even looked like an average person. He was acting like a normal human.

Had my ability evolved or something?

I remember that the first humans I revived acted like zombies without consciousness. Well, that's good.

I walked away and went back into the labyrinth with my space magic. Now I just had to wait anxiously for what would happen in the next few hours... or days. I hope my edit to his status lasts until he reaches a city.

####

*Change of POV*

Close to the entrance of the labyrinth.

The guards were storing their things inside a carriage, preparing to leave for the nearest village.

After passing through the village, they would head straight for the town.

The night was coming, and they would leave in the morning.

A mysterious man suddenly appeared as everyone was getting ready for dinner. With a sword in his hand, the man had dirty clothes.

The man looked a little "strange".

There were eight guards, but only two were armed, as monsters might appear. The two armed guards stepped into the man's path. The man who had previously looked strange gave a big smile.

"Excuse me, can you help me? I was camping in a nearby forest, but we were attacked by monsters. Two of my companions died and the others ran away."

Mike said this with a smile that sent shivers down the men's spine. Was that something you would say with a smile?

The nearest guard used Appraisal and was surprised by what he saw. The man had high status, a status stronger than his own. Luckily for Mike, he couldn't see the "Familiar" tag next to his name.

'But that's strange. His status is high, but he only has one skill, and it's not at a very high level.' The guard thought.

He cleared his throat and asked a question. "Why did you try to go after your friends who ran away?"

"They were running away and the monsters were after them, why would I go in the same direction? They're probably dead by now." Mike said while continuing to smile.

The two guards looked at each other and sighed.

"We're getting ready to leave tomorrow morning. If you want to go with us, first give me your weapon." The guard pointed to the sword Mike was carrying. The smile on Mike's face disappeared completely, but it soon returned.

"Right, here it is. I'm hungry, do you have anything to eat?" Mike handed the sword to the guard and walked past him. The two armed guards looked at him in surprise as Mike approached the other six men who were socializing around a campfire where they were preparing dinner.

To the surprise of the two guards, the men began to treat Mike like a friend, even without asking too many questions.

The two guards shrugged and thought that everything was fine. The man had no skills apart from [ Swordmanship ] and didn't have a sword with him.

Then everyone went to sleep, except those who would stand guard and Mike, who didn't need to sleep. He pretended to sleep while the men took turns to be guards until morning.

Then, the carriage began to move towards the nearest village.

All the way, Mike kept a smile on his face.

####

*Change of POV*

'You're finally back, what took you so long?! You said it would be quick!'

'It was quick. But seriously, it took longer than I expected, but look at this.' I removed the web, wrapping the armor and sword, and threw it on the floor. When Kumoko saw it, her eyes lit up.

'Waaa!!! What is this?! It's incredible!'

'It's the armor and sword that man was after. Their master was very fond of it, but it doesn't look like a big thing. Anyway, it must be worth a lot of money.'

'Speaking of which, where is he? Did you kill him?'

'I didn't kill him~~ I'm using him to do something fun~~'

'Urgh... You're scaring me.'

'What? I didn't do anything.'

'Your smile just now, it was scary.'

'Of course it would be, I'm a giant spider...'

'Huh... It wasn't scary just because you're a spider... You know what? Never mind.'

####

Chapter 64 - Are my familiars evolving? New
Almost a whole day has passed. Has he reached any town yet?

'What do I do now? I have nothing to do inside this labyrinth. Should I just keep killing monsters?'

Kumoko still needs to evolve a bit more. But I don't want to keep helping her and ignoring my evolution. My plan to leave the labyrinth to kill humans doesn't seem very clever now that I think about it.

'Why are you so pensive?'

'I'm thinking of a way to level up quickly.'

'Have you finally given up on the idea of going out and killing humans at random? I'm relieved~~'

'Killing humans is still the easiest way to level up... But I didn't think through the consequences very well. Being hunted all over the country will be a pain in the ass.'

'Is that why you gave up on the idea? I thought you'd given up because you'd concluded it's wrong to do it.'

'I don't want to discuss it anymore. Also, I haven't completely given up on this idea; with my skill, wouldn't it be easier to send monsters or humans I capture inside the labyrinth to a city?'

'Aaaahh!!! So that's what you did to that guy.' Kumoko finally realized what I had done. She was pretty surprised. 'I should have thought you'd do something so nasty. Don't you feel sorry for that man or something?

'No.'

'...'

'Hmm.. Using humans is better since they can infiltrate a town or village, but it's much easier to use monsters. It's just that it will be challenging to teleport so many monsters out.'

I could send them to the labyrinth's exit since I now know where it is (more or less) and create a kind of monster rebellion. It would be fun to watch. Should I do that?

'The dragon would be very useful for your plan, but it's disappeared. So far, I don't know what happened to him.'

'Me neither. I'm sure our mother killed it... Or another dragon. I still haven't killed Araba. I wonder where he is.'

'I miss him.'

'Yeah, Yeah... I'm sure you miss him.'

'What's that tone of voice? You don't believe me?'

'It's nothing~~'

I walked away from Kumoko, and she followed me.

I'll do this, then. We'll level up, and I'll grow my army of monsters more.

Speaking of which, can I call all my familiars?

'System, can I do this?'

Even with my question, the system didn't give me an answer.

However, to my surprise, some spiders began to appear just a few minutes later. But something strange had happened. Even though my edits had disappeared, they were even stronger than before.

'Are my familiars evolving on their own?'

####

*Change of POV*

Still inside the wildly swaying carriage, Mike watched the vegetation through the window. After a few minutes, the carriage finally stopped, and they arrived at a village.

"OPEN THE GATE!" A man shouted.

After less than two minutes, the carriage started moving again. Mike's heart began to race as he felt the time was coming to complete the objective given to him by his master.

However, it was a disappointment.

There were only a few wooden houses. It wasn't a big town. In other words, it wouldn't make sense to do it in this place, especially since most residents were weak.

Mike kept a smile and followed the men.

"The accommodation is ready. We've been waiting for you." An old man approached. Mike felt the old man was much stronger than he looked. Mike's smile disappeared but soon returned.

"Thank you very much, Smith." The guard who acted as the "boss" said.

"Ah, before you go, can you put the carriage somewhere else? It'll get in the way if it stays here."

"No problem. Julian, move the carriage to another place, and don't forget to look after the horses."

"Right."

"And you, Mike, come with us. There's a house nearby reserved for us. I hope you don't mind sleeping on the floor, as there aren't enough beds for everyone."

"I don't mind," Mike said.

"Let's go."

"Hey, hey, are you a knight?" A small boy approached, his eyes shining. Mike stared at him, and his smile disappeared. He remembered his master's order.

'Don't kill children.'

Mike's expression softened, and he approached the child. He knelt before the child and put his hand on his head. He ruffled the boy's hair without warning while the kid talked to the boss.

It was strange, bizarre.

Even though the familiars are more intelligent now, Mike still doesn't quite know how to act, which causes the child to feel uncomfortable and run away.

Mike stood up, confused.

"Hey, don't suddenly touch the kid, you scared him. Especially with that smile."

"Sorry," Mike said but kept his smile.

The boss sighed, and they headed for the house.

When evening came, the villagers gave them food, and when morning came, they began their journey towards the nearest town. Mike's heart began to race again.

'I'm excited.' He thought.

####

Link:
patreon.com/parodygirl

Chapter 65 - It's finally begun. New
Two days passed, and I continued to kill as many monsters as possible and turned them into my familiars. During this time, Kumoko leveled up a few times.

Unfortunately, there aren't many strong monsters for her to kill to evolve faster.

And about her evolution. She needs a specific skill to become an "Arachne".

I need to increase my [ Editing ] level to give her this ability.

If I remember correctly, she needs the [ Pride ] skill to evolve into Arachne. The big problem is that I've already bought this skill. I hope I can give her the skill.

If it doesn't, she won't be able to evolve into Arachne, which will be a problem.

'But if I can't, I'll think of something else.'

'What?'

'I was thinking about your next evolution. It's close, isn't it?'

'I'm still at level 16. I have to get to level 20... It will take a while.'

'Are you tired? We can rest for a while.'

'Don't worry about me, I'm fine. My SP recovery skill has improved, so it's regenerating quickly. The big problem is my hunger. I keep getting hungry.'

'Fortunately, I don't have that problem.'

'That's right, you still haven't told me about it. Why don't you need to eat?'

'I don't feel hungry, so there's no need. Besides, I can't store food like you do.'

'I see. It would be great not to feel hungry and not need food because most of the monsters in this place taste awful. We should go back and get some more of those fish.'

'It's a long way from here. There's no way.'

'You can't teleport there, can you?'

'Really...?' I stared at Kumoko for a few seconds.

The passage to the lava rivers is a long way from here.

We'd been walking for a long time, and behind me was a small army of monsters. I was doing it like this: I kill them, turn them into my familiars, edit their statuses, and then have them follow me.

And when the number of monsters gets too high, I ask them to disperse to kill monsters.

I'm curious if they can evolve like the spiders. Many of the spiders I turned into familiars returned much stronger. Some of them had a status of over 1,000.

I consider this strong.

It can't compare to my strength, but it's a very high status compared to the average.

Oh, and about Liu, he's following us. He's no longer tied in my web, and his mouth isn't covered, but he refuses to say anything.

He's getting worse and worse. Liu will die soon.

'What? Don't you want your best friend to eat something tasty?' Kumoko looked at me like a puppy.

'Well, I have nothing to do right now. I'm going back there. I'll be back in a few minutes.'

'Yeeey!!!' Kumoko shouted happily, and I teleported.

My vision changed, and now I'm looking at a giant lake of lava. However, there was something strange—many monster bodies around.

Most of the flesh on their bodies had been eaten away by something.

'One, two... six, seven...' How many? More than 15 of them?

They were all monsters that lived in the lava; someone killed them, threw them out, and devoured them. Who did it? 'Could another change have taken place, and another dragon has appeared? Perhaps a powerful fire dragon?'

No, but a fire dragon wouldn't do that. They wouldn't eat the bodies of all the monsters like this.

The bites are small and very irregular. It's as if giant rats had eaten the monsters' bodies bit by bit.

'Hmmm... Well, whatever.'

I'll ignore this, as it has nothing to do with me. I'm strong now, so I'm not worried about the monsters inside the labyrinth. Even the dragon that lives in the depths doesn't scare me.

'Unless God had his status changed like Ariel's status...'

I searched for the fish and killed them. Then I stored everything with [ Spatial Magic ] and teleported back to where Kumoko was. When I arrived, her eyes began to shine.

Liu, who saw me suddenly appear, widened his eyes and leaned against the rocks. He looks exhausted.

Well, whatever.

I took out the meat and cooked it for Kumoko with my fire magic.

While she ate, I decided to have a bite too. Even though I wasn't hungry, I longed for something tasty, so I ate. It's tasty, but it lacks spice.

Liu, who was standing nearby, was drooling.

'I wonder if he's eaten this kind of monster before.'

I picked up the meat and threw it to him to eat. He took the meat without thinking and began to eat in silence. 'I don't remember if this meat is poisonous, but I don't think so. But if it is poisonous meat, I'll make you my familiar.'

Come to think of it, shouldn't I have done that already?

####

Another day has passed, and the number of monsters in my army is enormous; I think it's time to start my plan to cause the famous "monster rebellion". Besides, Kumoko is ready to evolve.

However, she is still a long way from reaching her peak.

Her next evolution is Zoa Ele.

'I don't know if there were any requirements for this evolution, but she got it.'

It's getting closer to her becoming an Arachne.

Also, I haven't moved up a single level all this time.

And then, suddenly.

[ "Urednik pajka LV3 (Phase 2)" became "Urednik pajka LV4 (Phase 2)" ]

'Huh?'

[ "Urednik pajka LV4 (Phase 2)" became "Urednik pajka LV5 (Phase 2)" ]

'Wait a second... It's finally started?!'

####

I only have 9 extra chapters on patr eon at the moment. I'm not having the time and creativity to write several a day. I'll try to get back to posting a few extra chapters there every day.

Link:
patreon.com/parodygirl

Chapter 66 - Keren/Evolving again. New
*Change of POV*

After long travel days, Mike finally got to a city—the capital of Keren County. As Mike approached and saw the huge walls, he began to feel euphoric.

'The time is coming.' His hands were cold and trembling. For some reason, even though he was dead and familiar, he still had conflicting thoughts about what he was about to do.

The guards then searched the carriage.

They were very cautious, showing that the war was close to happening.

The carriage passed through the gate and entered the city. Despite the tense atmosphere among the soldiers, the locals seemed very calm and lived normally. Mike swallowed his saliva and left the carriage with the other men.

"This is where I say goodbye, Mike. It was nice meeting you. If you need anything, come to that building over there." The man pointed to a building. It was an inn that looked quite luxurious.

Mike nodded and received his sword back.

He put his sword on his waist and started walking through the city, admiring the architecture. It was his first time visiting Keren County.

Mike had heard some stories about this place, so he had always wanted to visit.

But that desire was now tiny and hidden deep in his consciousness.

Mike immediately stopped thinking about the architecture of the place and started looking for the busiest spot. And the busiest place was none other than near the capital's gate.

There were lots of people there. Women, children, men. There were all kinds of people.

'The master said not to kill defenseless children and women.'

Mike put his hand on the hilt of his sword and slowly walked towards the largest group of people. As he took slow steps, his mind became increasingly confused.

He didn't want to do it, but he had to.

His mind returned to him for a moment, and he took his hand off the hilt of his sword.

'What the hell am I doing?' he thought. But soon, his eyes lost sparkle, and he began acting according to his master's orders. As he approached the largest group of people, a few men turned to him.

They looked like good men and hadn't done anything against Mike.

Mike pulled the sword from the sheath at his waist and began to swing it.

SLASH~~

SLASH~~

"AAAAAH!!!"

"ARRGHH!"

The two men screamed in pain. The people around realized what was happening and started running while screaming for help. Mike ignored all those screams and continued to swing his swords.

Whenever a child appeared in his vision, he ignored it. Women were also spared.

Men, however, were treated as moving targets.

Soon, guards began to appear to stop him, but he continued to swing his sword and kill many of the guards.

While killing as many people as he could, Mike kept running and reached the castle in the center of the capital. This was where the city's lord, his wife and their little daughter lived.

Two of them would be killed in the future, but Mike had no way of knowing that.

He stormed the castle without thinking and killed all the guards who tried to do anything. After killing every guard, he turned to leave without knowing that there were still three people inside.

After almost an hour of killing and more than 200 victims, Mike was finally defeated by the guards.

When Mike was killed, his body immediately began to rot.

The people nearby were disgusted as the stench of rotting flesh began to rise.

Mike had achieved his goal.

That day, Keren County was turned upside down.

####

*Change of POV*

'How many people this son of a bitch killed?!!!!" I screamed in my mind when I saw the notifications coming in. Every minute, a new notification arrived. Where the fuck did this guy go?

Did he arrive in a big city? And how much do the guards care about the city to let him kill so many people? Or they're pretty weak.

But fuck it, I don't care.

The important thing is that I've reached the maximum level and can evolve. Yes, you didn't get it wrong. 'I CAN EVOLVE ONE MORE TIME!' I'm so excited that I feel like throwing up.

The monsters behind me seemed to have noticed my happiness and started jumping, too.

'Huh? What happened? What is it?' Kumoko asked, frightened.

'I've reached level 20. I can evolve.'

Kumoko used Appraisal on me. I could feel it.

'It's true! Was it because of him? How many people did he kill? You were level five, weren't you?'

'Yes. He probably killed more than 100 people. And many of them must have been guards since I received so much experience. What's more, many skills have reached the maximum level. I've even unlocked some better versions.'

'How envious~~''

'But you said you didn't want to kill humans.'

'I still don't want to. Unless I'm attacked...'

'I understand~~ But now I'm going to evolve. I don't know my next evolution, but my unique ability will probably level up.'

It's a surprise that the [ Editing ] skill hasn't leveled up once.

'Are you going to do it now?'

'Yes, I will. I don't need to sleep anyway.'

'Are you going to do it in front of him?' Kumoko looked at Liu.'

'What's the problem?'

'None...'

####

Link:
patreon.com/parodygirl

Users who are viewing this thread

Back