• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
[X] I must protect
[X] Check if Mother is home or not. If not, take a quick glance at her study/work room and see if she left any "presents".
-[X] And a quick check to see if the Kazamino congregation was bought out by the Kaname Corporation or not. It seems like there's a lot of local companies collapsing in recent years...

2.14. Pink and Red
Votes locked, commencing write-up. Side story vote still open.

You make your way out of your room. You peer in Mother's room to see if there if she is home yet or not.

Part of the reason why you do this is that you have a hunch, or rather, a confirmation from Stahl, that the Kaname Corporation is engaging in somewhat unethical behaviour. For example, why was it that Kaname Corporation had files on Sakura Kyouko? You've heard of companies spying on their customers to make marketing decisions, but to know that your own mother's company engage in such... interesting behaviour... while you couldn't exactly disapprove because the Corporation's CEO was your mother, it stirred so much interest in you that you couldn't help but to want to know more.

As you peer into her room, you hear the door to outside downstairs open. Unsteady footsteps make their way to what you apparently hear to be the kitchen. The slurred voice of a woman rants and raves about her work.

"Thieving scum...can't eben find thems..."

"Oh dear..." goes Father. Evidently, Mother is back home drunk, presumably have been driven home by one of her subordinates.

You take her drunkenness as effectively her being "not home". You make your way into her room.

---

You make your way to her working desk. You look at the papers.

Extensive amounts of legal documents are sprawled all over the desk, alongside accounting sheets. Evidently, they are copies, because mother is the chief executive officer of the Kaname Coporation and CEOs don't do all the work themselves. She's probably working hard to oversee and triple-check that her subordinates are doing the right thing. Mother is such a hardworking woman. Aside from the drunkenness, she was a true role model to look up to.

You can't seem to find a single piece of paper that allows you to find any... interesting things, until you see a list of companies that mother titles "TO ACQUIRE". Interestingly enough, you see that she has circled in red a couple of companies. Among them included "Murakami Dairy Ltd", "Studio Cylinder Inc.", "Sugawara Cosmetics", "Fujikawa Beverage Company" and... "when it is privatised, the Mitakihara Rail Corporation"? That sounded extremely expensive, even for the Kaname Corporation. You've heard that the Kaname Corporation had been expanding its operations beyond finance, but to see how ambitious Mother was, that was something else...

There's a note on the bottom of the sheet. "Check smartphone for deadlines of acquisition." You presume it's your mother's smartphone, which is on her person.

With nothing left for you look at, you make note of what you've seen on that piece of paper in your Campus Note and return to your room.

---

You search the internet, typing in "KANAME CORPORATION BOUGHT OUT KAZAMINO CHURCH" as keywords.

A plethora of irrelevant, fertility-drug oriented results pop up. However, at the very bottom is an imageboard archive site feature those words.

You visit the /pol/ board and this one line catches you eye:

> implying that the pastor in Kazamino isn't preaching that desperately because the megacorp had to adjust food prices and he was so poor he couldn't afford it

No discussion exists of Kazamino Church being bought out by the Kaname Corporation.

That comment devolves into a flamewar and you can make no further conclusions from it.

[] Research something else.
-[] Research what?

[] Go to sleep.

[] Write-in

It is March Sunday 27th, 9:30pm

Anime timeline comparison:
  • 26th March Mami vs Gertrud
  • 4th April Mami vs Charlotte

Last edited:
Hmmmmm. I REALLY want to see if we can 'borrow' mother's phone for a bit to see if Stahl can 'borrow' her access/passwords and store information on a harddrive or something... But it might be really risky.

Maybe something like,

[] "Borrow" mother's phone later when she's about to fall asleep by telling her that you want to borrow her phone's charger and take the phone when you do so

And then you'll watch SEED Destiny, and the whole experience is ruined. :(

Hmmmmm. I REALLY want to see if we can 'borrow' mother's phone for a bit to see if Stahl can 'borrow' her access/passwords and store information on a harddrive or something... But it might be really risky.

Maybe something like,

[] "Borrow" mother's phone later when she's about to fall asleep by telling her that you want to borrow her phone's charger and take the phone when you do so
... So we will tell her we are going to steal her phone? Because telling her we are the last people to have it before it goes missing isn't suspicious at all.
Let's act 'Normal' for a while.
[X] Go to sleep.

... So we will tell her we are going to steal her phone? Because telling her we are the last people to have it before it goes missing isn't suspicious at all.
Let's act 'Normal' for a while.
[X] Go to sleep.

We're clearly going to return it. We're just checking to see if we can get her password and user names.

[X] Go to sleep.

3.1. A Casual Bank Robbery
Votes locked, commencing write up.

It's getting late. Tomorrow is a school day and not only that, but you also have a bank to burglarise alongside a street urchin that got offended by a comment regarding alcohol.

That sentence put things into perspective.

You make your way to the bathroom in order to brush your teeth.

You then crawl into your bed and close your eyes, waiting for yourself to fall asleep.

---

It was yet another night of dreamless sleep. As you yawn yourself awake, you see that you have awoken earlier than usual.

Well, no matter. That just means you'll take your time. You make your way to the bathroom, brush your teeth, brush your hair, go back to your bedroom, get your white ribbons, tie them up, have breakfast early, this time Mother being late, go to school with that new "backpack" that not even your mother knows about and...

...the transfer student Akemi Homura pulls another "I'm not well" and decides to give you a lecture in the skywalk. You try to be assertive.

"Kaname Madoka. Have you been thinking about how your recent actions might be hurting others?" Her voice has a monotone to it, as if she were trying to address you seriously.

You almost speak, but you are reminded by yourself you're going to do something risky today.

[] "Indeed. However, promises are promises. I've got to do what I said I'm going to do. Now I know your opinion, I'll take it into account next time."
[] "Giving what you just implied you've been doing, I can hardly see why it should be considered such a bad thing."
[] "There is no return without risk. So long as I understand this, I will do what I want, how I want. Your intrusion is not appreciated."

[] Write-in

You are wearing your "backpack".

March Monday 30th, 10:00am

32 days remaining until ???

Last edited:
[X] "Indeed. However, promises are promises. I've got to do what I said I'm going to do. Now I know your opinion, I'll take it into account next time."

[] "Giving what you just implied what you've been doing, I can hardly see why it should be considered such a bad thing."
What's that second one referring to?

[X] "Not really, no. Why are you so interested in me?"

[X] "There is no return without risk. So long as I understand this, I will do what I want, how I want. Your intrusion is not appreciated."

Sigh. I already knew stealing is bad. And it's implied that she's spying on us, knowing our every action and plan.

[X] "If someone is hurt by my actions, I can only hope that they find closure to their pains."

[X] "Not really, no. Why are you so interested in me?"

3.2. A Casual Bank Robbery
"Kaname Madoka. Have you been thinking about how your recent actions might be hurting others?"

"Not really, no. Such businesses have insurance, so it won't hurt in the long term. And for that matter, why are you so interested in me? Given what you've just probably referenced, I think you've been trailing me. To put it politely, I think it's unusual."

She seizes you the shoulders in order to emphasis something.

"You're supposed to be kind and gentle, Madoka! Why are doing this? You're fine just the way you..." Homura doesn't look angry, but you can see that her eyes are getting wet even as you frown. The girl is beyond socially awkward.

[] "Right before you, you see a confident, ambitious, young woman, inspired by her mother, trying to improve herself. However you got your information on me, please treat it as outdated. I wouldn't mind being friends with you if you can understand that."
-[] "It all started when I put on this ribbon...."
[] "Please stop following me around. As with everyone else, avoid touching others."
[] "I don't even know you. Get off of me."

March Monday 30th, 10:10am

Last edited:
[X] "Right before you, you see a confident, ambitious, young woman, inspired by her mother, trying to improve herself. However you got your information on me, please treat it as outdated. I wouldn't mind being friends with you if you can understand that."

Seems like we want Homura to become an obstacle, with all three choices making a start on that to varying degrees.
Madoka could befriend/use her, even if Madoka has apparently completely changed her personality in the last week or so.
Sayaka seems to think we can be 'normal', so it's not completely different to canon Madoka.

'32 days remaining until ???'
That should be Walpurgisnacht, if that is frigging aliens again...:p

Last edited:
This is the ribbon influencing us. We really need to get that file on the Mitakihara Scenario to find out why Junko gave it to us. Hopefully it wasn't meant to damage our relationship with Homura.

[X] "Right before you, you see a confident, ambitious, young woman, inspired by her mother, trying to improve herself. However you got your information on me, please treat it as outdated. I wouldn't mind being friends with you if you can understand that."

She won't be happy with this, and probably has no idea how to handle it, but we might be able to make it work.

Ung. I really don't like the options. I also don't like explaining to her as we really don't have a reason to... for all we know, she'll take it as "If you killed our mother, then we'll be back to the Madoka you know!".

[X] "I don't even know you. Get off of me."

[X] "It all started when I put on this ribbon...."

Honesty!

And, to be honest, I don't think things are right.Our Madoka is very unMadoka-like. I think the ribbon is fucking with our head.

Honesty!

And, to be honest, I don't think things are right.Our Madoka is very unMadoka-like. I think the ribbon is fucking with our head.
This is the ribbon influencing us. We really need to get that file on the Mitakihara Scenario to find out why Junko gave it to us. Hopefully it wasn't meant to damage our relationship with Homura.

She won't be happy with this, and probably has no idea how to handle it, but we might be able to make it work.
Combination:
-[X] "It all started when I put on this ribbon...."

Combination:

Honesty!

Ung. I really don't like the options. I also don't like explaining to her as we really don't have a reason to... for all we know, she'll take it as "If you killed our mother, then we'll be back to the Madoka you know!".

[X] "I don't even know you. Get off of me."

Votes seem to be all in disagreement. Options are updated.

Thread tags have been updated. These generally only indicate themes.

Also, a quote:
TV Tropes said:
Underneath these themes, Utena tells a coming-of-age story that explores two curious notions: can someone stick to childish ideals in order to defeat an opponent who embodies adulthood? And can a girl made of frills and pink hair and flower symbolism break free of the expectation of becoming a princess, and instead take on the role of a prince?

Last edited:

Restating my current vote for clarity:

3.3. A Casual Bank Robbery
Restating my current vote for clarity:

You don't know why, but you suspect that the the aura of the "mysterious transfer student" that has been coming from Homura the moment she arrived is only an act. Judging by the way her tears are welling, you think that deep down she has a small bit of emotional baggage, one involving pink-haired girls.

Regardless, the topic to be dealt with right now was the fact that she seemed to know quite a lot about you, a disproportionate amount given her recent transfer.

You straighten yourself in front of her, raising your head high.

"Right before you, you see a confident, ambitious, young woman, inspired by her mother, trying to improve herself."

Her eyes got a bit wetter at that and you saw that see was trying to rein them from becoming full-fledged tears.

"The image you seem to have of me, as a meek and mild-tempered person was only true up to a couple of days ago. Tell me, have you ever seen something shine so brightly, so radiantly, that you yourself want to shine like it? Just last week, I saw something just like that. These ribbons," you pointed to your twintails, "they shined so brightly, that I found something new in myself. This is all there is to it. That image you've got of me, as the "kind and gentle Madoka", while it isn't necessary false, I've become much more than that. That radiance showed me greatness and I seized it. I haven't become a ruthless jerk, but I certainly believe more in my own strength. If you can understand that, I'm sure we can... relate to each other much more smoothly." You give her a smile to show her you mean no contempt.

"So, you're still Kaname Madoka, except you've seen that "shining thing"."

"That's right. I am Kaname Madoka, eight-grader in Mitakihara Middle School. My mother is Kaname Junko, my father is Kaname Tomohisa and my brother is Kaname Tatsuya. I live in a good house with a loving family and I treasure all my friend and respect all the people around me. No matter how assertive I get, nothing will change that. I am certain of it."

"Thank you. Please don't let that change."

You see that her hands try to move from your shoulder to your hair, but your gaze returns her hands to herself.

Lunch ends, ending too the chance for Homura to deliver any further cryptic remarks.

You wonder why she is so deeply interested in you.

---

With inspiration and confidence, you fly through classwork as if it were a casual dancing night.

---

School ends and the usual fare of hearing Sayaka and Hitomi gossip and chat about in-school happenings and more of Hitomi's love letters occurs.

The three of you make it to the mall once again, having a meal together.

The conversation takes a caustic turn as Sayaka starts talking behind Homura's back.

"And have you noticed, Madoka? Maybe you haven't seen it with the way you've been so hardworking recently, but I saw transfer-girl staring intensely at you every second or so when you were working. What is that supposed to mean? I think it's yuck."

[] "That isn't nice Sayaka. I am sure Homura-san has her reasons."
[] "If you've got nothing nice to say, say nothing at all. Talking behind others' backs isn't exactly charming."
[] "Homophobia explains nothing but your ignorance. I expect my friends to be more open-minded than that."
[] "Hopefully, you are willing to apply the same standards to your knight-and-princess jokes about me then, Sayaka-chan."
[] "Yes and I've heard of the incident involving you and Kamijou's recorder in grade school camp."
[] "While don't you stop being a bully and a bigot, Sayaka?"

[] Write-in

March Monday 30th, 4:00 am

Last edited:
[X] "That isn't nice Sayaka. I am sure Homura-san has her reasons."

Can we at least be slightly Madoka-ish?

[X] "Yes and I've heard of the incident involving you and Kamijou's recorder in grade school camp."
-[X] Give her a deadpan glance while you say this, but then smile normally and change the topic. "Akemi Homura sure is an interesting person!"

[x] "That isn't nice Sayaka. I am sure Homura-san has her reasons."
[] "Yes and I've heard of the incident involving you and Kamijou's recorder in grade school camp."
-[] Give her a deadpan glance while you say this, but then smile normally and change the topic. "Akemi Homura sure is an interesting person!"
...what are you trying to do with that vote? The sudden tone change doesn't do much.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back