• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
[X] Go home.
-[X] Check the news about any possible theft in relations to what you did, but only check local news so nothing can be tracked back to you.
-[X] See if you can find what Pastor Sakura was actively preaching - like an old youtube recording of an actual sermon. Be on the lookout for Kyouko.
-[X] Tell Dad that you'll be late tomorrow as you have an assignment due soon and want to research at the library. And check with him how mother is doing.
-[X] Make plans to return to the hospital tomorrow to see Mrs. Momoe and perhaps get some more information. Reread the journal to see if you missed any details, considering recent research.

Best choice currently.

4.1. - Down the Rabbit Hole
[X] Go home.
-[X] Check the news about any possible theft in relations to what you did, but only check local news so nothing can be tracked back to you.
-[X] See if you can find what Pastor Sakura was actively preaching - like an old youtube recording of an actual sermon. Be on the lookout for Kyouko.
-[X] Tell Dad that you'll be late tomorrow as you have an assignment due soon and want to research at the library. And check with him how mother is doing.
-[X] Make plans to return to the hospital tomorrow to see Mrs. Momoe and perhaps get some more information. Reread the journal to see if you missed any details, considering recent research.

Best choice currently.
I'm actually not sure what to do at this point of time.

I know we probably want to go back into the Tower, but I don't want to do that so soon after just stole something from them.

I was hoping that we could have stolen the password for mother's access from her phone before, but I highly doubt we'll have the chance again where she's drunk to do so.

[X] Go home.
d
---

You make your way home simply and quickly, avoiding any detours and delays.

You accidentally walk into a man in a black suit, sunglasses on even though it's nighttime.

Surprisingly, he apologizes to you first:
"Sorry there, young lady."

You acknowledge his apology with a nod and make your way from the hotel to the train station.

---

You seat yourself opposite of two men.

Their conversation turns into a sordid mess about mistreating women. Disgusted, you make your way to a different carriage.

---

You wander into an alley to deactivate Stahl and co.

"All equipment stand down!"

"YES MADAM." Von Schoenkopf swallows the jacket and cap, detaching its connections to reconfigure back into a backpack. Stahl, Gunther and the jetpack are all stashed away.

---

You make your way home.

"Tadaima!"

"Okaeri!"

---

You make your way down into the lounge and check the news:
"...police are still on the hunt for the perpetrators..."

It seems like there's nothing the police can use as a lead.

---

After cleaning yourself up, you make your way into your bedroom. You decide that now, you are going to research on what Pastor Sakura was preaching.

---

The research takes longer than expected. Pastor Sakura was really obscure. However, in the end, you managed to get a rather poor-quality recording. You can't discern any individuals, it's like they're stick figures. It was probably recorded from an early 2000s camera or something. You try and look for Kyouko, but the most you see that might be related to Kyouko is two spots of red hair. It was recorded from the back of the church, apparently.

However, surprisingly, the audio quality is okay. You just have to strain your ears.

---

After a few minutes of in-depth trying to listen to the mediocre quality audio of the sermon, you managed to make out some things:
  • Apparently, Pastor Sakura was concerned with the state of the world with all its wars, pain and suffering.
There really was nothing out of the ordinary. Why was he excommunicated? The answer most likely laid in that he was preaching for his congregation to take action to change the world. He was probably excommunicated because of his promotion of activism.

You are astounded at it. You give him another minute of your thoughts.

---

You make your way back out to tell Father that you'll be out late tomorrow and ask about how Mother is doing.

---

"It's alright if you have to do it for schoolwork. As for your mother, right now she seem says she's working really hard because of something that just happened."

---

You make your way back to your bedroom.

Tomorrow, you intend to return to Mrs Momoe. There's really a lot around you that you really don't know about. Why did Kaname Corporation have military equipment like Gunther in its basement? Why was the Kaname Corporation expanding so rapidly? Why did it act as the agent of Von Langenstein Pharmaceuticals in Mitakihara? Why was it buying a dead American company, Overreach? Why was mother acquiring all those seemingly irrelevant companies such as Studio Cylinder and the Fujikawa Beverage Company? Kaname Corporation belonged in the financial sector, not in the other sectors. Why was Kaname Corporation trying to acquire them if they didn't belong? Why did Stahl have access to Xinjiang Tianhe's networks? Why did Kaname Corporation keep a file on Sakura Kyouko?

You felt like you were wearing a tinfoil hat, but all these recent discoveries around you have made you extremely curious.

Dare you call it a "conspiracy"?

You didn't have any definite proof that such a sinister thing was happening. However, there was an unmistakeably bad feeling in your gut which made you wonder about Kaname Corporation.

There was something up.

---

You read through the journal again. You check through the later pages.

The later pages were absolutely deranged in their content. What existed there belonged in an internet conspiracy theory forum. Mentions of reptilians, the New World Order, devil-worshipers, a cabal of evil rich people trying to take over the world followed the diary entries which stated that she had dropped the medical trial. That all fizzled out as the diary approached dates closer to the present, which really showed you how Mrs Momoe's condition escalated.

---

After trying to get rid of your mind of those thoughts so that you could rest, you finally fall asleep.

---

Mother was off early to the Kaname Corporation again.

---

School passes quickly without a hitch. You caught Akemi Homura staring at you, but you wave it off as one of her... quirks.

---

You tell Sayaka and Hitomi that you've got some business to attend to and therefore can't hang around with them.

---

You sneak off back into the hospital, again using your intern disguise over Stahl and co. Nobody seems to be seeing through it.

---

You sneak back into Mrs Momoe's room. Nagisa is sitting by her side, holding onto her hands. Mrs Momoe seems to be deathly pale. You look at the hospital equipment and judging by what you see and hear, Mrs Momoe is declining fast.

The lack of staff disgusts you. It was the palliative care section, yes, but couldn't they have made her decline less horrible and lonely? It's like the doctors were treating it like a disposal unit to get rid of patients they couldn't help.

Nagisa doesn't cry, probably because she is used to it by now. It's horrifying really.

[] "Is there anything else you can tell me, Mrs Momoe?"

---

March Thursday 31st, 5:00 pm

Anime timeline comparison:
  • 26th March Mami vs Gertrud
  • 4th April Mami vs Charlotte
31 days remaining until ???

[X] "Is there anything else you can tell me, Mrs Momoe?"
-[X] Take a look at her medical chart to see if there's anything that stands out (if it's there).

I'm actually a bit concerned about having Nagisa here at the same time, but..

-[X] Take a look at her medical chart to see if there's anything that stands out (if it's there).

We're mostly here for Nagisa anyway. I'm pretty sure the only way to save her mother is to have her make the right wish.

4.2. - Down the Rabbit Hole

I'm actually a bit concerned about having Nagisa here at the same time, but..

We're mostly here for Nagisa anyway. I'm pretty sure the only way to save her mother is to have her make the right wish.

"Is there anything else you can tell me, Mrs Momoe?" Mrs Momoe turns her eyes to you, as does Nagisa.

Truly, an atmosphere of death and gloom pervaded the room.

She weakly shakes her head in response, while Nagisa continues to hold onto her hand, as if she could keep her mother alive by doing so.

"However... Take care of her, won't you?"

"Yes ma'am." Mrs Momoe then closes her eyes, Nagisa almost flinches, but realizes that her mother is still alive, merely resting.

You make your way to one of the medical charts and examine them. There's nothing to note except "declining organ function" amongst other things.

Just as you are about to sigh in frustration at the dearth of information you've got, you see that Nagisa has left.

You follow her, using the shadows to conceal yourself.

---

Crawling through the rooftops to spy on Nagisa, something strange transpires.

You see that Nagisa has wandered into the dead end of an alleyway, full of litter and rubbish. It certainly wasn't the place for a little girl to be.

A bunny-cat thingy wandered from amongst the rubbish, moving onto a bin.

"Mr QB, do you think if I wished it hard enough, I can stop my mother's sickness? I just have to form a contract with you, right?"

A moment of silence ensued between Nagisa and the bunny-cat.

Nagisa was talking to a bunny-cat?

As you wandered about why a little school girl would be talking to a congenitally defective animal, Gunther starts talking, relaying its harsh-sounding words to you through Stahl:
"LATENT N-SENSOR DETECTING N-ENTITY. N-SENSOR PROCESSING SIGNATURE. N-ENTITY IDENTIFIED AS CLASS I. REQUESTING USER WITHDRAW ME AND PERMISSION TO OPEN FIRE ON CLASS I ENEMY. I REPEAT, REQUESTING USER WITHDRAW ME AND PERMISSION TO OPEN FIRE ON CLASS I ENEMY.

Nagisa then starts talking again.

"I wish that my mother's sickness..."

[] "Permission denied! I never heard about any Class I enemies in the manual!"
[] "Gotta shoot first, ask questions later, gonna delegate to you, Gunther!" Open fire on the bunny-cat.

I don't really want to do either. Shooting QB won't endear Nagisa to us, but we can't really let her make a contract without talking to her about it first. Can we interrupt some other way?

[X] Jump down from the roof next to them.
[X] "Wait!"
[X] "Nagisa, what are you doing here?"

Hmmm. Do we let this go or not.

If we do, then Nagisa's mother will probably die. And Nagisa will likely hate us too, and get scared cause we're shooting guns etc.

If we don't, we can see and record the entire process of how QB does his contracts.

[X] Step out and stop Nagisa from making the wish.
-[X] Find out what's happening and who this QB is.

Both votes are similar, so holding off for the moment.

[X] "Wait!"

[X] "Wait!"
I don't really want to do either. Shooting QB won't endear Nagisa to us, but we can't really let her make a contract without talking to her about it first. Can we interrupt some other way?

[X] "Wait!"

Votes locked, commencing write up.

4.3. - Down the Rabbit Hole
Why is Gunther so trigger happy? What's a Class I enemy anyways? What was Nagisa doing, talking to a white-bunny-cat thingamajig in an alleyway?

Things were taking a strange turn. Come to think of it, things actually were getting stranger. First you stole a set of power armour, then you burglarised a bank and now you're spying on a real-life Alice in Wonderland scenario.

Maybe Gunther had a point. However, you weren't going to open fire on this supposed "Class I enemy" before Nagisa. It was too dangerous for the grade-schooler.

You opt to take another approach.

"No, Gunther. Mute yourself for a while."

After that, you jump off of the rooftop, intending to land on the rubbish below.

"Wait!" you yell, interrupting Nagisa's attempt at finishing the sentence.

You expected to fall on your rear, however, UT-10 activates, making the landing a soft one, relatively anyway. You still fall down after UT-10 finishes its landing. You find yourself on all-fours, so you have to straighten yourself upright to make your way obvious to Nagisa.

You managed to interrupt whatever Nagisa intended to finish. However, the price is that she's staring at you, quite surprised at how you just casually jumped from the rooftops onto all-fours without a single injury. That and the bunny-cat is also looking at you.

"My my. I didn't have to try to make it to you myself. You just came right here for me, didn't you, Kaname Madoka?" It knew your name!

That wasn't what was on your mind right know, however. What was on your mind, however, was the fact that Nagisa was wandering around in a dirty, dank alley. It was no place for a little girl.

"Nagisa, what are you doing here?"You stare intensely at her, expecting to fish out an answer. However, your sudden intrusion seems to paralyse Nagisa in a not-quite-fear, but still decidedly strong state of shock.

"Nagisa, ANSWER ME!" You don't know why, but you just exploded at her. Nagisa is of course, shaking in fear, even as she is unable to move away from you.

She trembles in terror, as you stand before her. She cannot help but to give you an answer, the authoritative way you just exclaimed at her demanding that she gives you an answer.

"I was about to... have Mr QB heal my mother... and become a magical girl... to fight Witches." Miraculous healing? Magical Girls? Witches?

Alice in Wonderland's rabbit-hole was in a smelly back alley?

You couldn't look at the world the same way as before anymore.

"Tell me more. Let's bring Mr QB along and talk in less smelly place."

Indeed, the stench of the alley was making it to your head.

---

The three of you make your way to the Momoes' place.

---

After settling down with a cheesecake Nagisa took out of the fridge, the three of you manage to have a decent conversation.

The highlight was the conversation came from Mr QB himself.

"If magical girls are said to be born from wishes, then witches are creatures born from curses. Magical girls bring hope to the world, witches bring despair. And since they're invisible to humans, they are that much more insidious. Anxiety and mistrust, rage and hatred...They sow the seeds of disaster all over the world. What's even worse is that an ancient, evil organisation deliberately seeks to summon the strongest one of these Witches, sacrificing everyone and everything into it, killing all humans and destroying the world as we know it. No one has the strength or power to fight them, save magical girls and even then, few magical girls are capable of doing so."

[] "You said earlier that the duty of a Magical Girl is to fight these terrifying creatures. How long do they have to fight them?"
[] "Ancient, evil organisation? One that wants to use a Witch to kill everyone and destroy the world? Sounds like a group of Sailor Moon villains to me."

[] Write-in

---

March Thursday 31st, 6:00 pm

Last edited:
[X] "If both are born of human thoughts, then why are they invisible to humans? If something is able to affect someone, then they should in turn be able to affect it as well. It's only natural."

[X] "You said earlier that the duty of a Magical Girl is to fight these terrifying creatures. How long do they have to fight them?"

Let's ask about the fine print, shall we?

[X] "You said earlier that the duty of a Magical Girl is to fight these terrifying creatures. How long do they have to fight them?"

4.4. - Down the Rabbit Hole

Let's ask about the fine print, shall we?

---

Mr QB, supernatural being though he may be, does not avoid your ire.

Come to think about, you've been quite harsher recently.

"You said earlier that the duty of a Magical Girl is to fight these terrifying creatures. How long do they have to fight them?"

So the bunny-cat responds:

"For as long as that wish matters to them."

"Be specific." You don't particularly like the roundabout way this "Messenger of Magic" talked, although the way you said it came out harsher than you intended.

"For life."

Welp. A child-soldier racketeering supernatural bastar... You noticed you found yourself tensing with those vicious thoughts. You silently count to 10 to quell the sudden burst of anger.

Nagisa notices your tensing.

Having calmed yourself down, what do you say next?

[] "I don't think it's appropriate at all to go and ask little girls to fight monsters like that for a "lump sum" benefit."
[] "I think the term for that is called "serfdom.""

[] Write-in

---

March Thursday 31st, 6:00 pm

[X] "So what happens if someone wishes for something that is only in effect for a period of time? Like, wishing for another person to recover from sickness, but then that person dying of some other cause?"

[X] "So what happens if someone wishes for something that is only in effect for a period of time? Like, wishing for another person to recover from sickness, but then that person dying of some other cause?"

4.5. - Down the Rabbit Hole

"So what happens if someone wishes for something that is only in effect for a period of time? Like, wishing for another person to recover from sickness, but then that person dying of some other cause?"

"The answer's obvious, isn't it? You get what you wished for the in the first place. A wish's effect, as made in the first place, doesn't change, nor does it suddenly stop. The price for that is commitment to a life of fighting Witches. It's up to you to make sure you've made a wish you don't regret. You're never forced to make a wish."

"Then, it's a matter of wording?"

"If that is the way you best understand it, then yes. I will grant you any wish you give me. I've said that before. Power, wealth, you name it, it's all yours you should desire."

Mr QB's ears perk up for a moment.

"It seems like I'm needed elsewhere. If either of you wish to form a contract with me, I'll be there. Until then, I've got to attend to a Magical Girl doing her business. Bye!"

And with that, Mr QB scurries to a window and jumps out, leaving only you and Nagisa.

"Kaname...nee-chan... Am I bad for wanting to form a contract with Mr QB?"

[] "Not at all. You just need to think carefully about it, like he said. The way you worded it, what if something else happened to your mother?"
[] "If you really believe in what you want to wish, then you should."
[] "If you thought you really could go around fighting monsters in the dark, you might have to re-examine how you got those thoughts."
[] "I think this Mr QB is a bit of a scumbag really. He probably picked you because he knew you were desperate. He was out to take advantage of your mother's sickness."

[X] "Not at all. You just need to think carefully about it, like he said. The way you worded it, what if something else happened to your mother?"

Option 4 is also accurate, but not very helpful.

[X] "I think that there's some things that Mr. QB isn't telling us, but wanting to help your family should never be a bad thing. You just have to think about what to wish for beforehand."

I think we're probably not going to be able to stop this wish, but a wish like "I wish to know and be able to fix anything that is going to cause mother to die" is pretty safe. And might help in the long term since if she Witches out, she may cause the death of her mother...

[ ] "I think that there's some things that Mr. QB isn't telling us, but wanting to help your family should never be a bad thing. You just have to think about what to wish for beforehand."

EDIT: Better idea:
[X] "I think that there's some things that Mr. QB isn't telling us, but wanting to help your family should never be a bad thing. You just have to think about what to wish for beforehand. The way you worded it, what if something else happened to your mother, or if something happened to one of your friends?"

If we can get her to wish for a general ability to or heal people, or stop people from getting hurt, she might prove very useful latter.

Last edited:
Eh. I don't want to mix a brainstorming session in with this vote.

Fair enough. Switching back.

[X] "I think that there's some things that Mr. QB isn't telling us, but wanting to help your family should never be a bad thing. You just have to think about what to wish for beforehand."

4.6. - Down the Rabbit Hole
Fair enough. Switching back.

I think we're probably not going to be able to stop this wish, but a wish like "I wish to know and be able to fix anything that is going to cause mother to die" is pretty safe. And might help in the long term since if she Witches out, she may cause the death of her mother...

"I think that there's some things that Mr. QB isn't telling us, but wanting to help your family should never be a bad thing. You just have to think about what to wish for beforehand."

"Is that so..." Nagisa ponders on your statement for a while.

"Come to think of it, what was the ancient evil organisation Mr QB was talking about?"

"Oh, Mr QB never told me about that before."

You then realise that Mr QB targeted it at you. Ancient evil organisation? If Mr QB was a conspiracy theorist with actual legitimate evidence of a conspiracy, then you might be able to get some leads on the strange things happening recently.

"You understand that if you go along with Mr QB's deal, you might have to deal with that evil organisation?"

"Yeah...but Mother..."

The two of you have cheesecake over a couple of trivial discussion topics.

---

You finish talking with Nagisa. After giving her your farewell, you exit her apartment.

You have already told Father you are going to be late.

What is your next course of action?

[] Sneak into the Kaname Corporation.
[] Sneak back into the hospital and go somewhere else this time.
[] Wander around in Kazamino.
[] Wander around in the less ideal parts of Mitakihara.
[] Wander around in the worst parts of Mitakihara.

---

March Thursday 31st, 6:30 pm

[X] Sneak back into the hospital.
-[X] See if we can sneak in to see Mrs Momoe and talk to her about what happened.
-[X] Also check if we can find out what the doctors are treating her illness as... and if there's any treatments given. Or if they're just giving her a place to die.

Shouldn't focus on only one thing, especially since we know what the answer is likely to be .
[X] Wander around in the less ideal parts of Mitakihara.

Last edited:
Shouldn't focus on only one thing, especially since we know what the answer is likely to be .
[X] Wander around in the less ideal parts of Mitakihara.
[X] Sneak back into the hospital.
-[X] See if we can sneak in to see Mrs Momoe and talk to her about what happened.
-[X] Also check if we can find out what the doctors are treating her illness as... and if there's any treatments given. Or if they're just giving her a place to die.

Indeed, Mrs Momoe is in the palliative care unit and she is terminally ill. The hospital is merely taking steps to alleviate her pain as she fades away.

You didn't want to say that what the woman was going through was terminal, but by the looks of it, it was.

What's even worse is that an ancient, evil organisation deliberately seeks to summon the strongest one of these Witches, sacrificing everyone and everything into it, to kill all humans and destroy the world as we know it. No one has the strength or power to fight them, save magical girls and even then, few magical girls are capable of doing so.
This is definitely against QB's character, you know? He leaves stuff out, but he never ever flat out lies.

I still want to talk to her about it... because the person who can convince Nagisa not to go through something like this would have to be her mother.

Of course, she might do the opposite, but I think she made peace with her death already...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back