1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Magical Girl Pretty Cure RP Forum - Ideas and Discussion

Discussion in 'Q&R Index' started by Blight Gecko, Mar 14, 2016.

1. TurtleDucks

TurtleDucks Making the rounds.

Ultimately I'm fine with anything, though I think that a mixture of both slice-of-life and adventure would do well.

2. UrsaTempest

UrsaTempest Yuri Fanatic, Archivist

Mmm, action-adventure with SoL segment, I think, would be best.

3. Kerfirou

Kerfirou Cultivating Dantian inside a Star

I'm fine with anything. Though getting into some mature stuff seems like a good idea.

And no, I'm not only talking about sex. I meant more in vein of Mirai Nikki, School Days, etc.

4. Blight Gecko

Blight Gecko Not too sore, are you?

There is nothing mature about sex or the two shows that you mentioned. :p

I will see what I can do though.

5. UrsaTempest

Lots of bloods?
    Hmm. I don't think Precure plays well with blood, that's more Madoka/Yuuki Yuna taste...

6. TurtleDucks

Well, Madoka for certain, but I never got that vibe off of Yuki Yuna. It was dark in it's own way, but nowhere near as much as PMMM.

7. Zaranoth

Zaranoth Getting sticky.

I'm cool with action/adventure with some bits of slice of life thrown in.

8. Blight Gecko

9. UrsaTempest

Bah. Precure movie is like Kamen Rider movie, they are an excuse for characters to beat-up each other, and fuck the canon!

10. Epsilon Q

Epsilon Q Getting out there.

Alright, after much tweaking and changing of things that I wrote on no sleep, I think I'm almost ready to submit my character. I should have the submission up by tomorrow.

11. Blight Gecko

Good to hear. Welcome on board, Epsilon!

12. Epsilon Q

Glad to be aboard, Gecko, I'm sure it'll a great ride! Also, I'll second TurtleDucks. Having it be both would be nice. Versatility and all that.

13. Threadmarks: Katsuryuu Himura
    Epsilon Q

And now, let's see if my phone managed to murder the formatting.

Name: Katsuryuu Himura

Age (8-18): 16

Grade: Upper Secondary School, Grade 1

Hair Color: Black

Eye Color: Dark Brown

Appearance (Clothing, hair style, skin color, distinguishing features, etc): Katsuryuu is 5' 7" (1.71 meters) tall and 132 lbs (59.87 kg), he has tan skin, and over all, he looks like an unassuming Japanese high school student. Whenever he gets the chance, he wears a black short-sleeve hoodie, blue jeans, a dark blue tie, a pair of fingerless leather gloves, a gray canvas belt, a white dress shirt, leather hiking boots, and he always has two black hairpins on. Despite the fact that he wears his hair somewhat short (~2-3 inches), and he wears hairpins, it still manages to be eternally stuck as bed-head. Also, he always carries cotton balls, a deck of playing cards, some pencils, and his journal with him (mostly for little stage tricks, but he knows how to make a set of lock picks out of two hairpins).

Pretty Cure Name (These names are always in the style of "Cure ____". Examples of canon names were Cure Rouge, Cure Moonlight, and Cure Princess): Cure Flare

Pretty Cure Hair Color: Flame Orange

Pretty Cure Eye Color: Red

Pretty Cure Appearance: Black, hooded cloak, decorated with various symbols representing Fire, a pair of black gloves with an inlaid flame pattern that go about halfway up his forearms, black, leather boots that go about halfway up to his knees, a short-sleeved, red dress shirt with somewhat frilly sleeves and small, swept-up shoulder pads, a black, leather belt, black tie, and black slacks. His hair becomes spiky.
    (I just realized that his Cure Uniform had no frills. This was grave mistake on my part, and it has beed corrected.)

Favorite Elemental Power: Fire

Likes: Horror/Thriller Movies, Creepy Music, Western Music (Vocal (Van Canto especially), Orchestral (Stratovarius), Power (Powerwolf), and Indie Metal, some Alternative Rock (Starset), as well as most Indie), Singing, Games (especially pool), HAM Radio, performing magic tricks to impress people, tinkering, Halloween, Summer, and scaring people.

Dislikes: People who talk just to listen to themselves talk, most pop music, cats, people who force their views onto others, being cold, pineapples, and Winter

Personality (Make it 2-5 sentences here): Katsuryuu is brave, friendly, confident, sociable, curious, straightforward, and very focused. If he puts his mind to getting something done, he gets it done, it doesn't matter how long it takes, it gets done. Despite this, his rather off-putting sense of humor (or rather lack thereof), which mostly consists of sarcasm, the fact that he's a bit foolhardy at times, as well as occasionally being somewhat arrogant, causes him to not have very many friends. Generally he's rather amiable, but, if he is attacked, he will not hesitate to respond in kind. And he still hasn't got the whole "think before you speak" thing down yet.

Backstory (It is here that you may want to include your characters' relationship with their parents and siblings, any events that made them who they are today, how they moved to Comnet City, etc.): Before coming to Comnet, Katsuryuu's mother and father were professors at the Tokyo University of Science, respectively of Biochemistry and Theoretical Physics. However, due to the high cost of living there, they were forced to look for new positions at other universities. During this time, Katsuryuu was going through his "sulky teenager" phase, which was kicked into overdrive after he discovered the Internet. The only things he really did was eat, sleep, go to school, and surf the web. He had all of the information he could ever want or need right at his fingertips.

Three years ago, Katsuryuu's mother and father, was invited to teaching positions at the prestigious Inukai University. So, they left Tokyo for their new home in the year-and-a-half-old Comnet City. Katsuryuu at first only exchanged pleasantries with his new neighbors, aided by the fact that they had arrived in late spring. Katsuryuu spent much of June inside. Back on his computer, he continued to spend much of his time on the Internet, trying to figure out how to get a HAM radio license, occasionally leaving his room for food. Then, in early July, his parent practically dragged him out of his room to meet one of his neighbors. Eventually, he was convinced (more like shanghaied) to learn how to play Billiards. After several lessons, he and Arate, his neighbor began to be friends. Towards the end of July, Katsuryuu decided to ask his parents if he could get a HAM radio license. They agreed, and so, one HAM radio class and 300 yen later, Katsuryuu was officially a HAM. After getting a proper radio, Katsuryuu figured he was ready to go. Unfortunately, the radio refused to work twice, but on the third try, he finally got it to work, and in reaction to hearing someone on the other end of the radio, nearly blew out the recipient's eardrums. Luckily for him, the other person just laughed it off, and introduced herself as "Juliet Sierra Six Zulu Six Victor," or Miu, if that's easier. The two of them struck up a conversation, and Katsuryuu learned that Miu was only a year older them him. Already having gained two friends, Katsuryuu wrote down the frequency he had tuned into, and the two began a constant dialogue, that still lasts to this day.

Ever since arriving in Comnet City, Katsuryuu's relationship with his parents has been improving, which they are both thankful for. He's no longer trying to actively push them out of his life. Also, his parents are very glad that he's actually making friends now.
    Himura Family: Mother (Yoko Himura), Father (Naoki Himura), and Katsuryuu Himura

Contacts: Create one or two of the following NPCs.

*Friend (and Neighbor): Arata Oshiro, one of Katsuryuu's few friend's in Comnet City. They've know each other for three years, ever since Katsuryuu moved in. Arata sees Katsuryuu as a great friend, even if he is a little odd sometimes. Their friendship really started after Arata offered to teach Katsuryuu how to play pool, and every Friday night they go to play. They use their Friday time to just chat over some sodas, a game of Billiards, and cards. They have a tradition on Halloween of going out either in the weirdest costumes they can think of (really, anything involving those rubber horse masks), and trying to get double takes, or the scariest, and see if anyone panics. Arata is really good at making costumes and clothes. He's contemplating going into fashion design or getting into the movie industry as a costume designer after he gets out of school.

*Someone from a restaurant/shop they visit regularly: Hideki Fujioka, a clerk at the store where he gets replacement parts for his (self-assembled) radios, which for some reason end up breaking within the first 3 months of him building them. They joke about how Katsuryuu managed to "kill another innocent radio," swap tech talk, and talk about what's going on.

*An Internet buddy: Miu Yoshida, callsign "JS6Z6V": Katsuryuu's radio buddy. They've never met, but, Katsuryuu knows that Miu lives in the Shikoku Prefecture, due to the callsign, and that she's a girl, but that's about it. Miu and Katsuryuu found each other shortly after getting into HAM radio, and they've kept tabs on one another's frequencies ever since. They talk to each other as often as possible. When they talk, she flirts with him, so he flirts right back.Katsuryuu is terrible at being a flirt. Miu is not.

Describe your character's feelings on that person and the nature of their meetings. These NPCs cannot have totally negative or totally positive opinions on your character, but a mix of both (kind of like real life). If you make multiple characters, they must have different opinions on your character. These NPCs will provide plot points for me and help flesh out the world our characters live in. They will also provide your character with contacts to get in touch with, and a way to spend their time outside of being a magical person.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2016
  14. UrsaTempest

Hmm. Male Precure?

15. Kerfirou

Something like this?

[​IMG]

16. Blight Gecko

Hey guys, sorry that I was busy. The good news is that we can start this RP sometime tomorrow evening.

17. Kerfirou

Just to be clear, what timezone are you in?

And is Male Precure possible?

18. TurtleDucks

Like Kerfirou said, what timezone are you in? And what time would you be starting?

19. Blight Gecko

Chicago Time Zone.

20. TurtleDucks

Hmm. So CDT? I'm EST, that puts you an hour behind me.

21. Epsilon Q

Not quite what I had in mind, but that's hilarious. At least top 3 most amusing things I've seen on the Internet in the last month.

22. Blight Gecko

Well I would have gotten it done already, but I was too busy looking at cool stories on SV.

23. Epsilon Q

I'm probably going to be a little late to the first session, sorry. My little sister has a cello recital. I'm going to be out from about 5-8:30-ish. I didn't even know about this until lunchtime today. Sorry.

24. Blight Gecko

Maybe your character could be the sixth ranger that's added a few episodes later? Like Milky Rose or Cure Honey?

25. Epsilon Q

Sure, I'd be fine with that. I'm already used lurking. In fact, I rarely ever participate in quests or RPs. Granted, that is mostly due to the fact that I find them a long time after they've started, and by the time I've caught up it's because they've been finished or dropped, but I digress.

26. TurtleDucks

So, around what time do you plan to start the session?

27. Blight Gecko

Probably in half an hour. I wanted to watch Sousei no Onmyouji before we start discussing how to begin. After that, we will discuss how you guys want to begin, and then I will create a new thread for RP. That sound fair?

Also, Epsilon is not joining us for the first few sessions.

28. TurtleDucks

Got it. I'm pretty hyped for this, so I can't wait to get started!

29. Kerfirou

My body is ready.

Also, how long the session is going to be?

I should mention this is going to be my first session after.... more than a decade absents.

30. Blight Gecko

Wait, are you saying that you aren't going to be here for a while after this first session?