• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

One Positive Change at a Time (ASOIAF: Viserys SI) Dead.

Future wife (need time to shape things in the chosen direction)

• Brienne of Tarth

Votes: 47 12.1%
  • Arianne Martell

Votes: 158 40.8%
  • Margery Tyrell

Votes: 184 47.5%
  • Asha Greyjoy

Votes: 64 16.5%
  • Ygritte

Votes: 47 12.1%
  • Sarella Sand

Votes: 22 5.7%
  • Nymeria Sand

Votes: 31 8.0%
  • Tyene Sand

Votes: 15 3.9%
  • Mya Stone

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Rhaenys Martell

Votes: 135 34.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thank you, lots of my ideas may have been iffy, but I don't ever want to just write the same thing everyone has already seen a dozen or more times. I tried to find a new angle for all the big things like Rhaegar/Lyanna. I don't get inspired reading the same thing, so hopefully some of these ideas inspired someone else to do it better.

GRRM is really focused on history and the horrors of war. His entire story is basically an anti violence/war PSA with a bit of Global Warming. And a dash of "look how messed up history was." I know several people who only looked into the times in history george was inspired by, because of his books. So for that (and being a history major myself) I really respect his work.

Merlings are magically gene spliced and have a variety of looks. Each one is crossed with a sea animal and each generation the appearance is less and less human.

Deep Ones are
creature-from-the-black-lagoon.jpg

Rock Goblins are an insectoid ant like species and they had been crossbred with Valyrian slaves to make the original digging mutants. Only a single hive remains under Pentos.

Accounting for the changes is one of my favorite parts of writing fanfic. I really like taking Canon plots/events/lines and giving it a new spin or have it happen to someone else. JAime losing his hand, Rhaella becoming Queen Stoneheart, changing who's on the funeral pyre.

I know some people couldn't understand why Duncan was kept a secret (especially from Ned.) But mainly, I just liked flipping it so Ned was one of the only ones who didn't know who Jon/Duncan was. Tyrion/Rhaenys' wedding in Dorne was gonig to be my Orange/Red wedding, but Tyrion legitimatly had earned the vengeance from Ellaria/the Stepstones smallfolk. I had no reason for the Lannisters/Freys/Boltons to plot the wedding betrayal, when you have so many options.

I also killed Varys so soon, because in almost every single RPG/dnd campaign, you either kill a giant rat or a giant spider in your first session/level. Squished that spider right away to avoid him being behind everything going forward.

I love switching up couples. I fully believe in attraction/chemistry at first sight, but think you can fall in love with pretty much anyone depending on the circumstances of how you meet/interact. I'm a shipper but just in general, don't really have many pairs I prefer (except Chandler/Rachel in friends. I'll die on that hill and may write something now that I'm thinknig about it). I tried keeping relationships alot closer in age range and that ment JAime/Brienne wouldn't work. I totally get having a crush on someone older, but nothing should ever happen in my opinion (when the adult meets you first as a child/teen).

If I do another SI in ASoIaF, the SI will probably try and get hitched(well, more likely betrothed) to Jeyne/Talisia before Ned even goes South to be Hand. Keep it a shorter 10-20 chapter thing where I explore what those changes would bring. Maybe one as the first Wierwood tree, but that still seems daunting with how abstract it would be. I have a constantly growing list of ideas, so I dunno what's next.

Thank you and I'll have something new out soon, once I decide what I'm writing next. Something happier.

I saw that movie.And,if Lovercraft wrote that,it would kill men and take woman instead of watching them.to made next generations of monsters,well one of cities in USA made by him was like that.
Merlings - so,they are not one species,but as many as their creators crossed with sea creatures.
Insectoid crossed with humans....well,i saw pictures of some monstergirl ants taking human males.Hentai,of course.Not nice,becouse it could happen to me,too.And i am not interested in insects as brides.Well,if i get bored of life, i could find mantis girlfriend :)

Killing Varys is,in my opinion,only sane option.Other is become his puppet/victim/both.

Your future fanfic - betrothed to Jeyne Westerlings you could not change much,unless you made yourself superman.As Tallisa husband,if she keep her connections,you could change things as relatively normal humans.
Which made Jeyne more interesting - get her,made yourself relatively normal - and try change history using your mind,not abs or magic.

Another option - marry Brienne shortly after she was humilitaded,love her,made her child - and leave on Tarth and fight for Stannis.Taking KingsLanding would be easy - just send ship to scout.
And rear guard for Stannis footwith archers and palisade ready for Lannister calvary.Sigh.Red woman would kill you ,unless you get magic.

I saw that movie.And,if Lovercraft wrote that,it would kill men and take woman instead of watching them.to made next generations of monsters,well one of cities in USA made by him was like that.
Merlings - so,they are not one species,but as many as their creators crossed with sea creatures.
Insectoid crossed with humans....well,i saw pictures of some monstergirl ants taking human males.Hentai,of course.Not nice,becouse it could happen to me,too.And i am not interested in insects as brides.Well,if i get bored of life, i could find mantis girlfriend :)

Killing Varys is,in my opinion,only sane option.Other is become his puppet/victim/both.

Your future fanfic - betrothed to Jeyne Westerlings you could not change much,unless you made yourself superman.As Tallisa husband,if she keep her connections,you could change things as relatively normal humans.
Which made Jeyne more interesting - get her,made yourself relatively normal - and try change history using your mind,not abs or magic.

Another option - marry Brienne shortly after she was humilitaded,love her,made her child - and leave on Tarth and fight for Stannis.Taking KingsLanding would be easy - just send ship to scout.
And rear guard for Stannis footwith archers and palisade ready for Lannister calvary.Sigh.Red woman would kill you ,unless you get magic.
I basically wanted humans to be thought of as labrats by the Deep Ones and they keep us at a tech level that we never get the chance to fight back. The Merlings are a species of individual experiments that can somehow breed with each other still.

Rocky chitin/skin and large compound eyes. Live in a eusocial colony like naked molerats (socially they are less like Bees/ants). Basicaly just rocky looking children of the forest with compound eyes.

Jeyne/Talisa is more just so when she's treating Robb and he gets flirty, she tells him she already has someone. Probably send info ahead of time to Edmure Tully about the attacks i can remember and let him give a better showing. Tries doing a bunch of little things to nudge some happier paths for people.

Actually... the whole thing could just be about saving Robert's bastards from Cersei and trying to save a few small characters like Domeric Bolton(or get my hands on Ramsay Snow and see if I can do what I did with Joffrey in this one). Maybe get myself in place so I can save Lady and/or Nymeria. Go Robin Hood with a hidden community of healers and fleeing smallfolk. End goal of turning my family castle/keep into an Abbey like I had done with Summerhall, but have that be the majority of the story. If I'm doing that, I need to befriend either the Vale clans, the Reeds/crannogmen, Green Men on Isle of Faces, take Vulture Pass or an out of the way/hidden area. Ignore the game for the most part and focus on helping the people living in the devastation. Would probably have Gregor Clegane or the Brave companions as the main threats/final challenge and then hide once the actual Lannister Army arrives, only sending out a few outriders to find refugees.

I think location/family that would work best, would be to have the SI as the heir to one of the 3 Sisters houses. I can't actually remember anything bad happening to them during the 297-300 era and they have a good position for who I want to interact with.

Reactions: ATP
I basically wanted humans to be thought of as labrats by the Deep Ones and they keep us at a tech level that we never get the chance to fight back. The Merlings are a species of individual experiments that can somehow breed with each other still.

Rocky chitin/skin and large compound eyes. Live in a eusocial colony like naked molerats (socially they are less like Bees/ants). Basicaly just rocky looking children of the forest with compound eyes.

Jeyne/Talisa is more just so when she's treating Robb and he gets flirty, she tells him she already has someone. Probably send info ahead of time to Edmure Tully about the attacks i can remember and let him give a better showing. Tries doing a bunch of little things to nudge some happier paths for people.

Actually... the whole thing could just be about saving Robert's bastards from Cersei and trying to save a few small characters like Domeric Bolton(or get my hands on Ramsay Snow and see if I can do what I did with Joffrey in this one). Maybe get myself in place so I can save Lady and/or Nymeria. Go Robin Hood with a hidden community of healers and fleeing smallfolk. End goal of turning my family castle/keep into an Abbey like I had done with Summerhall, but have that be the majority of the story. If I'm doing that, I need to befriend either the Vale clans, the Reeds/crannogmen, Green Men on Isle of Faces, take Vulture Pass or an out of the way/hidden area. Ignore the game for the most part and focus on helping the people living in the devastation. Would probably have Gregor Clegane or the Brave companions as the main threats/final challenge and then hide once the actual Lannister Army arrives, only sending out a few outriders to find refugees.

I think location/family that would work best, would be to have the SI as the heir to one of the 3 Sisters houses. I can't actually remember anything bad happening to them during the 297-300 era and they have a good position for who I want to interact with.

Deep ones just as undervater England plaing humans like England Europe for 200 years ? i like it,especially with their superiot technology.

Jeyne/Tallisa do not falling for Robb - change nothing ,Boltons and Freys would backstab him anyway,unless he manage to win somehow.Jeyne/Tallisa was only pretext for them.But - i wish your SI happines with them anyway.

War from the perspective of smallfolks - interesting thing.If you had few years to prepare,then you have locals with longbows,and training every week.That would stop Gregor band,and even could kill him - arrows would not penetrate his armour,but his big horse had no armour,and if it die and roll on him.....
Good possibiity - go to Harrenhall before it surrender even with untrained peasants,and keep it from Lannisters.Even womans could hold those walls.Maybe send womans and untrained men there,and play Robin Hood with trained ones ?
That,of course,made marriage with Jeyne impossible.Or not - it is for you to decide.

How help people survive - easy,patatoes.Find them somwhere,and introduce before war.Why Napoleon armies could keep going? by taking patatoes from enemy fields.Enemy could not burn them easy,like with grain to deny them food.As long as all peasants in Riverlands would use them,famine would be less probable.

P.S GRRM made people interested in history - but made it parody of real one.So,better if he do not interested people at all.Not mention stealing Lannister crest form TFP/catholic anti-commies/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back