• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Only Human (Goddess of Victory NIKKE SI)

Oh shit!
It's gonna happen...
It's actually gonna happen.

Time for memories to be unearthed...
And traumas to be revisited...

The enemy approaches...
Stand ready and may your aim be true...
Encounter!

Well... that could have gone better.

Though I wonder, why doesn't Ark produce ever improving models of Nikke?

It sounds like the older, earlier models are superior, did they forget how to build them that awesome?
Even back when humanity still had the surfaces, the Fairytale models were resource hogs, and the people with the necessary psychological profile were scarce.

Plenty of stuff was lost, and both materials and production methods were among them.

There are new Nikkes at about the same level of a Fairytale model done by reverse engineering one, but the true Fairitale models were made in pale imitation of the first Nikke.

Too much of a resource drain most likely.

I see, thanks for the answer.

Even back when humanity still had the surfaces, the Fairytale models were resource hogs, and the people with the necessary psychological profile were scarce.

Plenty of stuff was lost, and both materials and production methods were among them.

There are new Nikkes at about the same level of a Fairytale model done by reverse engineering one, but the true Fairitale models were made in pale imitation of the first Nikke.

Thanks for the answer.

And the first Nikke? Do we know who that is yet?

Or has she basically ascended to the place of mythological figure at this point?

It sounds like the older, earlier models are superior, did they forget how to build them that awesome?
It's canonical that the Ark literally fucking immediately technologically regressed and lost the knowledge and means to produce Nikkes on par with the Grimms/Fairy Tale models of the Goddess Squad - or even whatever model Scarlet is, because she is explicitly not a Grimms model Nikke despite being able to keep up with them.

As I have repeatedly emphasized in this fic, you shouldn't underestimate the sheer levels of incompetence, both malicious and otherwise, the Ark's Central Government are capable of achieving.
But I feel the Red Hood reveal was a bit early. The Commander thing I can give a pass as Mihara and Yuni probably won't pick up on it, Anis and Neon definitely won't. But did Chatterbox canonically know that Rapi was a suppressed Red Hood?
My brother in Christ, Chatterbox canonically directly refers to Rapi as Red Riding Hood in this game's very scene, in literally the exact same way too. All's I did was update the clearly outdated "Fairy Tale" designation for the "Grimms" designation used in Red Ash.

It's canonical that the Ark literally fucking immediately technologically regressed and lost the knowledge and means to produce Nikkes on par with the Grimms/Fairy Tale models of the Goddess Squad - or even whatever model Scarlet is, because she is explicitly not a Grimms model Nikke despite being able to keep up with them.
Lost Cinderella and immediately went "lol what a waste of time", classic Ark.

Based on the recent event, Liliweiss is said to be the first nikke.

Gotcha, thanks.

As I have repeatedly emphasized in this fic, you shouldn't underestimate the sheer levels of incompetence, both malicious and otherwise, the Ark's Central Government are capable of achieving.

Thats terriyfing. Not so much the technological regression, I meant that too, sure, but mostly the level of incompetence.

Feels like they are actively trying to wreck their chances of things getting better.

Lost Cinderella and immediately went "lol what a waste of time", classic Ark.
Not even. During Over Zone, Oswald directly informed Goddess that they were considered 'obsolete,' and were being left to die on the surface rather than brought into the Ark because the CG was expecting to be producing Nikkes that would put them to shame shortly anyways.

In the modern day, at least a half a century later, only Absolute and Matis even come remotely close to matching the Grimms models, and even then are still pale imitations.

The Ark's incompetence is well and truly something to behold, to put it mildly.

Not even. During Over Zone, Oswald directly informed Goddess that they were considered 'obsolete,' and were being left to die on the surface rather than brought into the Ark because the CG was expecting to be producing Nikkes that would put them to shame shortly anyways.

In the modern day, at least a half a century later, only Absolute and Matis even come remotely close to matching the Grimms models, and even then are still pale imitations.

The Ark's incompetence is well and truly something to behold, to put it mildly.

Wow, so not are they incompetence, they are also fucking cunts about it as well.

That is not just pathetic, its downright embarrassing.

Wow... its there like an alternative to the Ark? Like say a safe haven not filled with assholes?

As well as bing resources intensive I imagine someone wiped anything relating to the Grimms model Nikke or what ever process they used to create Lilith.

Heck maybe the Legendary Commander did it himself can you imagine what those asshats in the Central govt would do with Grimms models.

Edit: especially if they could make them compliant to their will.

My brother in Christ, Chatterbox canonically directly refers to Rapi as Red Riding Hood in this game's very scene, in literally the exact same way too. All's I did was update the clearly outdated "Fairy Tale" designation for the "Grimms" designation used in Red Ash.[/QUOTE]
Oh, my bad dude. Didn't remember that part from the chapter.

Gotcha, thanks.

Thats terriyfing. Not so much the technological regression, I meant that too, sure, but mostly the level of incompetence.

Feels like they are actively trying to wreck their chances of things getting better.
Honestly, I feel like they're doing it on purpose to keep their power

Considering self sabotage in regards of commanders it is not a surprise that nikke quality will be sabotaged as well. Although resource scarity might play a role in that.

Don't remember if it was explicitly stated in universe but through what is implied and what can be inferred, a combination of general government corruption, lack of resources, and human assholery is probably why.

Most humans see Nikke as expendable and easily recycled and probably wouldn't be happy to have one get too strong to become uncontrollable. And don't forget the corruption virus is still going around and a mystery, might wanna figure that out first before trying to roll out bigger firepower models.

Aside from the other reasons given, a counterquestion: The rate of commanders dying on their first deployment is 70%, so why would they make specialized units for commanders secretly on death-row when mass-produced units have worked so far?

Plus, having Nikkes be too strong to contain is a disaster waiting to happen, since if Red Hood, a member of the Goddess Squad, can be Corrupted, any Nikke can be Corrupted. It's not just Chatterbox that sends the corruption code too, just look at how Matis was corrupted via getting hit by those tentacles. It's one melee attack away from a walking WMD.

Honestly, I feel like they're doing it on purpose to keep their power
I mean... they are. The Elites tried establishing a "Sovereign" caste system but people violently opposed it so it became something only unofficial. Burningum's son is literally one of them.

Joe, backup drones. Like. 5 of them. Also, for the next mission, just saturation bomb the whole area BEFORE you go in. It'll make the whole thing theoretically safer.

But considering the goddamn ENEMY knows our boy by name, I think that things may be a bit deeper down the shit hole than we guessed.

I, for one, blame Syuen.

Syuen sucks. I believe in frenchman superiority. Mustang's clearly got the right idea.

Syuen? Trash
Ingrid? Good person but still meh

MUSTANG? EEEEEEEEEEEENTER-TAINMENT!

Honestly he feels like the most genuine bro a guy could ask for. He's in it not for money or power but keeping smiles up in the arc.

A true gigachad

All's I did was update the clearly outdated "Fairy Tale" designation for the "Grimms" designation used in Red Ash.
The Grimms designation is only in the English version of Nikke, both Korean and JP still use Fairytale model.

Because unless Dorothy is meant to be named after the Brothers Grimm mother, there is nothing else that fits.

Grimms Nikkes don't suffer memory degradation, they just have to periodically manually delete chunks of their memory because, unlike modern Nikkes, they have a hard upper limit on memory storage space. Rapunzel states outright in the main story that she remembers her time in Goddess perfectly, because she considers that time important and goes out of her way to delete actually worthless memories instead; such as all of the time she's spent just wandering around empty wastelands and fighting Raptures.

She was capable of noting that Rapi fights identically to Red Hood, for example. Not something she could do if her memories were prone to failing her.

Yeap and Snow White still remember the commander since when you're advising her younger self in the game the first thing we see is the adult Snow white with the phrase "Snow White closes her eyes and recalls the past, which has become a blur" meaning that even if she doesn't remember everything she still remember enough to know the face of her commander (since we're always there)

Yeap and Snow White still remember the commander since when you're advising her younger self in the game the first thing we see is the adult Snow white with the phrase "Snow White closes her eyes and recalls the past, which has become a blur" meaning that even if she doesn't remember everything she still remember enough to know the face of her commander (since we're always there)
But didn't Snow White go through 2 Mind Switches? I'm pretty sure that vaporized the majority of her memories. Can't really remember. Does Red Hood remember her commander's face by chance?

But didn't Snow White go through 2 Mind Switches? I'm pretty sure that vaporized the majority of her memories. Can't really remember. Does Red Hood remember her commander's face by chance?

Her most recent unit confirms that she remembers at least some interactions with the LC

Every advisory begins with something like "Snow White thinks back to a time when" bla bla bla

This was one heck of a thrilling update I feel like you truly captured the panicked energy of the ambush, and I'm hyped as heck to see how you have the boss battle play out! as well as Snow's introduction after it. rate this 10/10!

Fanart - Rapi is love, Rapi is life.
>IMPLYING I WON'T

mgIEbv.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back