• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

QQ downtime for XenForo 2 implementation

I like the old dark theme. The new one sucks and it reminds me of spacebattles (I came to QQ to avoid all of the complicated stuff from spacebattles). I hope this get solved eventually or if not then at least make a better theme than the current one.

I got an alert and instead of telling me of a new little treat waiting for me after the downtime it just said my password wasn't unique, so we're off to a sad start :(

Okay, I'm going to be honest here, I don't really like how the new Dark style looks. Colors are too sterile and I pretty much prefer the larger font and green highlights. Also, it's a bit hard to tell which alerts are recent.

Ooh, nice to see we're back. Hopefully the back end is holding up well.

Now, the real question: ETA on actually good styles? XF Default dark sucks ASS and we really could use an alternative soonest.
Okay, I'm going to be honest here, I don't really like how the new Dark style looks. Colors are too sterile and I pretty much prefer the larger font and green highlights. Also, it's a bit hard to tell which alerts are recent.
After ten thousand years, I return to the light side of the website. :V

I dislike the new themes too, both the xenforo default and the light theme, and I'm too used to light QQ to even try the dark theme. Could we perhaps have the xenforo 2 with the old appearance as a theme option?

Holy shit this is ass. Both Light and Dark.

It's everything I hate about modern shitty UI design, because everyone forgot how to make well-designed sites like old reddit or AO3. Everything that was 1 click away (e.g. new threadmarks) is now a minimum of 2, if not 3 clicks away through multiple menus. Everything has so much spacing, especially the forum and alerts listing or individual posts, the overall information density is like a quarter of that of the old site. Fuck minimalism, that's just a unique way of saying 'less functional' and 'user hostile'. And the fucking bar follows your scrolling for some reason and takes up a 1/7th of my tablet I read fanfiction on for some reason, why?

Original QQ skin when? It's like the difference between Windows 7 and Windows 8.

Last edited:
Is anyone else not able to ctrl c+v images directly into the message box anymore?

Sweet mother of mercy my poor eyes. The websites UI went from useful and smooth to unintuitive and clunky overnight it seems. Please for the love of everything lewd can someone tell me there's going to be a fix for this? The graphics are giving me traumatic flashbacks to my days browsing FanFiction dot net… brrr, what shameful days those were…

Oof… this is going to take time to get used to. Everything is so different.

Edit: I do like the way the edit feature works though, it's much more convenient than the pop-up.

Last edited:
I miss the old light theme the new ones feel weird and monochromey instead of the bright heroic colors of the previous one D:

I'll probably get used to it eventually, mostly just got antiflashbanged by the dark mode and couldn't find my profile picture to change preferences for a second :V

Edit: Found a bug on mobile where whenever I go to post a new status it keeps opening up new word editors for it any time I click away and back to it and it's weird, I took a screenshot if someone in staff needs to see what I'm talking about.

Also the text editors have word counters now that's kind of neat!

Last edited:
Did we lose the option to add bullet points in the messenger?

Please tell me this websites UI will go back to how it was… all of the themes look absolutely terrible now. Also why change the navigation to watched threads? It was preferable to have it be a single click away, instead of being in a sub-menu.

Edit: Why the hell is the like button the symbol from Facebook?? Everything about this update is awful. My disappointment is immeasurable, and my day is ruined.

Last edited:
So, after a bit of experimentation, I figured out what the button that looks like an oversimplified drawing of the leaning tower does. I vote yes for the button that restores things to their default settings as strongly and emphatically as I am allowed to. That's just handy.

Welcome back everyone. Now we just have to wait for our glorious overlords to transfer over the Themes/Styles from old version. Hope they can do it soonish. This gray text on gray boxes on gray background looks like ass. Can't wait to get my old black boxes with white text on gray background (think it was called X Dark, or something like that).

New theme felt AI-y. I prefer the oldy. ngl should have the option to change it back to the oldies. Win win for the newbies and us the old fog.

I do think the Questionable Questing needs to.be bigger and different. I can barely read it on mobile.

well, tagging people is going to be a lot easier now. Putting the @ and typing starts pulling up a list of possible members now after the second or third keystroke.

Edit: Oh, hey. We've got more options than just "like" now. Neat :)

Last edited:
Oh God, the like button lights up blue when you click it. Please, by everything that is good, make it like previously where it just transforms into an option that says "unlike". I hate this visually "Facebook like" Like-Button.

I'll trust the admins and wait and see before chipping in in the whole 'can we have the old color schemes transferred, please?', as having the high-contrast white on darkest grey for the reply box tires my sight faster than the surrounding grey tones do on the text.

On the positive end, it is good that the forum will now have long-term tech support that won't be wasted money, so thank you QQ admins for enduring 'til the transfer ended in success. :)

I am in love with the new update. Better reading experience, search function. filter and tags. For everyone complaining about the Dark Theme, I admit its gray-awful however, it can be easily fixed:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back