• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

QQ downtime for XenForo 2 implementation

I'd be surprised if the if the folks running the show aren't working on refining the themes, a lot of people are commenting on how much they hate the new look, but I've seen bits and pieces changing subtly since the reboot.

Rip, Wow reaction, you were taken before your time and will be missed T-T

I'm fairly sure these are the base default themes. All the very nice and swanky ones we had on Xenforo 1 were built, so it'll just take a little time for new ones to get put together here as well. Given the forum needed to move over to Xenforo 2, and finally did so less than 12 hours ago, I imagine that there are some other things more immediately relevant being looked at right now, but in time we should get something else.

I will be the first person to propose doing what Sufficient Velocity made and then fucked up by dumpstering; we need a Black & Orange halloween-esque theme. It looked gorgeous and worked really well for prolonged use when SV made it years ago, and it is a travesty that they've only broke it out 1 or 2 times since then, and only for a day.

Capture.JPG

Is the site logo supposed to be this tiny?

[edit]
Woops, just found the XF2 feedback thread.

Last edited:
The BB code for Tabs seems to not be working. Hopefully that gets fixed.

For those looking for the feedback thread

Edit:
And the fucking bar follows your scrolling for some reason and takes up a 1/7th of my tablet I read fanfiction on for some reason, why?

This. 100% this! I feel like I'm in The Shinning and that banner is "Here's Johnny-ing" into my space something fierce.

I'm tech terrible so any advice on fixing this would be appreciated.
So, I think I've found the solution to this. Beside your username, you should see the fontsize icon (the T with the up and down arrows beside it), tap that and you can drop the font to something smaller. I noticed it early and when I put it p to 32px I got a similar result to what you two are describing.

Last edited:
I'd be surprised if the if the folks running the show aren't working on refining the themes, a lot of people are commenting on how much they hate the new look, but I've seen bits and pieces changing subtly since the reboot.

Rip, Wow reaction, you were taken before your time and will be missed T-T
A lot of it is that people get used to a style and they don't like it being changed. Personally I just use tampermonkey to make minor edits to suit my tastes. I couldn't find any options to remove the header across the top(I despise fixed position headers), so a quick css change to change it's position and I'm good. I may adjust some colors to make the text less grey on grey as well.

Dark mode having white on black when writing a reply but light gray on darker grey when posted makes me hate it a lot more than if it was light gray on dark gray all around. Feels like a taunt' "We COULD do white on black, but we're not." Xenforo default dark theme sucks, man.

Last edited:
I am in love with the new update. Better reading experience, search function. filter and tags. For everyone complaining about the Dark Theme, I admit its gray-awful however, it can be easily fixed:

I do not want a '1 browser fix it yourself solution'... I would like a site wide solution that carries over across every computer and mobile device I use.

It's what I'm looking for here with a Style update.

... and Browsing QQ right now is hurting my eyes.

Last edited:
The problem is that it used to show up at both the top and bottom of the page, and now it's just at the top of the page.
I'm sure they'll get it fixed. They've already managed to do something about the themes. We've got Darkened Green back again. Though admittedly it still doesn't quite match clean look of old QQ yet.

Cool, the blackened green is really nice and close to what I was looking for, though I hope we get the blackened orange we used to have lol. It's awesome you guys are working so hard to make this a smooth experience for everyone and I really appreciate the responsiveness. I'm sure this is really overwhelming with everyone commenting.

Edit: Blackened High Contrast is great, now we just need Blackened High Contrast Orange lmao.

Last edited:
The XF2 transition broke a feature: We can't access the list of threat created by a person through their profile anymore.

The XF2 transition broke a feature: We can't access the list of threat created by a person through their profile anymore.
Go to the profile and click the Find button. That'll bring up a drop-down menu with the options to either find all posts or find all threads.

A lot of it is that people get used to a style and they don't like it being changed. Personally I just use tampermonkey to make minor edits to suit my tastes. I couldn't find any options to remove the header across the top(I despise fixed position headers), so a quick css change to change it's position and I'm good. I may adjust some colors to make the text less grey on grey as well.
According to my half-remembered knowledge of CSS, it's probably using some sort of "float" setting. That might make turning off the following behavior, while leaving it at the top of the page, a bit easier?

Probably has already been reported but there's a bug when clicking the box 'Update your status' that spawns another box when clicking on it.

Thank you staff-senpais for getting the old theme back. All is right in the world now.

Does anyone know why so many stories that were in my "watched threads" list are gone now? Some of them I don't even remember the names of anymore… how will I find them again?

Does anyone know why so many stories that were in my "watched threads" list are gone now? Some of them I don't even remember the names of anymore… how will I find them again?
On that page, it currently defaults to having a filter that only shows threads that have unread content. If you look, there should be a "Show Only: Unread" with an 'x' next to it. Click that 'button to remove the filter.

How do i see my watched list.
Click the thing that says "Watched" in the top bar, that'll show you your watched threads that have unread posts, then if you want to see the full list click on the button on the top of that list that says "Show only: Unread" to turn that off and see the full list.

Ever since the update I've been getting an alert every single time someone posts in a Thread.

Every. Single. Time. No matter how minor the post or how long its been since I last viewed the thread in question. This didn't happen before the update, and in the last 10 minutes I've gotten somewhere between 20 and 30 alerts about random people responding to threads I've watched. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Edit: I think i fixed it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back