• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Safe For Work Worm Ideas thread

Nope.

It was the one where everyone had a device or something that monitored the precise moment when people triggered, or managed to hold back people triggering somehow, then Taylor mother or father, whatever called her a monster, called the the cops while Taylor was still unconscious and then getting shot by said cops as they tried to do the same to Taylor.

It was Lisa's fault that Taylors device malfunctioned btw.

Then there was another snippet with the same concept basically that had Emma and Taylor go through MRIs at their new highschool and they both triggered but were hiding that fact before hand, ended up on the run and then again, I believe they met Tattletale and were about to join a resistance movement or something.

Haven't read the black ops one I believe.

I did a blackops one that was me being excessively grimdark because the ideas exposed were that shit.

But then again any snip that involves a single human killing capes always makes me ask "Why didn't this happen in the 80's? Why is there such a thing as superheroes in this story?"

Second one sounds kinda cool.

I did a blackops one that was me being excessively grimdark because the ideas exposed were that shit.
There is an unexplored crossover possibility that would play the idea completely straight without being particularly dark at all:

Halo. Teenage parahumans = SPARTAN-IIs. Their abduction, brainwashing, and lethal training is canon.

Anyone who isn't a brute can be taken out by someone with a rifle.

Or a pistol.

Most people who aren't brutes.

It's still stupid in what it leads to, and Contessa wouldn't let those types to live at all. (Literally WoG, she silenced a lot of anti-parahuman voices globally.)

But then again any snip that involves a single human killing capes always makes me ask "Why didn't this happen in the 80's? Why is there such a thing as superheroes in this story?"
It did remember? That was one of the things that we're told happened in the past, one of the first capes is killed by a bat to the head in a riot. Thing is while a gun can kill most capes they can kill you a lot faster and in larger numbers. Guys like Kaiser and Skidmark would be total gore machines against normal humans. You have capes fight capes because they can play the same game by the same rules.

Anyone who isn't a brute can be taken out by someone with a rifle.

Or a pistol.

"Can" doesn't mean "will" nor does it mean "likely."

Even ignoring Brutes, a lot of parahumans be pretty god awful to try and deal with.

Look at people like Skitter or Shadow Stalker or Vista or Grue. Imagine trying to take them in a fire fight.

And by that, I don't mean "have someone snipe them from however far away" because there's comparatively few people that don't go down when attacked with lethal force from total surprise.

Alright, terrible idea that won't leave me alone.

Emma, terrified of being robbed of her beauty, triggers in the alley, and for six seconds, she is literally too beautiful to hurt. Knocked for a loop by the trigger event, Shadow Stalker ends up missing out on what happens next, with Alan mustering the courage to break free and fight back, successfully driving them off to go hunt easier prey, and also save face for not being able to cut one girl by pretending they just wanted to scare them a little. Of course, first, they do manage to get Alan with a knife first. Sophia, returning to awareness to find one of the victims bleeding and all the perpetrators wandering away, realizes that there's no way to look good here, and leaves. She and Emma never meet, and later, when she starts escalating, there is no one to vouch for her. She still gets a deal, because the PRT is still hard up for capes, but her probation officer is a lot tougher and keeps her under much tighter control.

Meanwhile, back in the alley, Emma has discovered another aspect of her powers. She can cure light wounds. Wounds like the one in her father's side. Excited, she begins experimenting to see what she can do, but she finds that she can cure wounds like that again only twice more, although she can also endlessly create clean water, two gallons at a time, cause something to glow, float small objects, and sometimes, when she concentrates, she can almost see specks of something in the distance. Disheartened by the lamest powers in the world, she goes to sleep. Waking up the next morning, she can heal the cut she put in her arm the day before again, and she can also cover herself in some kind of barrier that lasts for ten minutes. Reinvigorated by the idea of GROWING power, she throws herself into practicing, and tries to convince her father to let her go out and make the world a more beautiful place.

After much pleading, he gives in, and helps her use some of her modeling money to commission a costume from Parian. While meeting Parian, Emma discovers that the points of light she can see are manifestations of parahuman power. Up close like this, Parian is aglow. Excited to learn more about her power, she rushes through getting a costume made, and goes out to, if not exactly fight crime, use her endless water to wash away fresh graffiti and also stabilize stabbing victims and the like. After a bit of this, she discovers her powers have grown again, and she can clean things much more actively, or temporarily change the color of a thing, or a number of other minor effects, like changing the flavor of food. She proceeds to erase all the gang tags she can find.

On the morning that Taylor is due to return home, there is a peculiar ache in her gut that she can't place. She finds that she can infuse the taser her father got her with a similar force to the armor she can form, but that doesn't relieve the ache. Her healing is slightly more effective, her powers with lasting effects last longer, but none of this can explain the tightness in her gut like there's something extra, trying to get out. She nearly begs off from meeting Taylor, but invites her over anyways, not about to let whatever this bug is stop her from seeing her best friend. When they hug hello, a jolt of what feels like static runs from her into Taylor, startling both of them, and now, in her sight, Taylor has powers as well. Somehow, her growing powers had grown too big to fit in her, so she gave the excess to Taylor.

Excited, they try to figure out what Taylor can do now. She's healthier, she's a little better at dodging, and, strangely enough, if she shouts something like "pow" or "bam" while punching she can hit a little harder, but that seems to be the limit of her new powers. Unwilling to be disheartened, Emma reveals that her own powers have been growing over time, and Taylor's will too. It's true, as Emma's ability to cause strange effects grows, Taylor becomes even healthier, even tougher, she finds that when she holds a baton and thinks of JUSTICE she can strike more accurately, and it's almost as though her very force of personality is protecting her from harm, much the way that Emma can temporarily appear so beautiful that no one can bear to harm her, but more spread out over the whole day as a generalized protective aura.

Taylor's empowerment is just in time, as well, as the gangs have begun to investigate who's been taking down their tags, and Taylor's new costume is finished just in time for her to fight off the gangsters who try to teach Emma a lesson. Getting a bit more careful, they return to their training before going out again, and Emma begins to have dreams of how to make better weapons, or more permanently infuse their costumes with her armored field. Talking with Parian, she comes to a deal, and they rework their costumes with these new techniques, in exchange for going in on a contract with her to equip an elite strike force in the PRT with better body armor.

Clad in new armor, and with Taylor equipped with a better baton, they begin patrolling for real, rather than simply being content to literally clean the city. Summer is soon about to end, so they agree that they'll just do this a little, and then see what their schedules allow during the school year. They nearly don't make it home alive, as they walk directly into an ambush. Distraught that this near-death experience hasn't dissuaded Taylor from wanting to go out and do the right thing, Emma sleeps uneasily, wishing they had more backup, and tempted to join the Wards. If only she had some kind of leadership ability, she wouldn't need to go get help from a government agency, but as it stands, she and Taylor can't do this alone. She wakes up with the same heavy kind of a feeling as she had the morning Taylor came home.

At school, in her homeroom, is a girl who is drawn immediately to her, chattering constantly, unwilling to leave her alone, and Emma is unwilling to drive her away, due to this resemblance in personality to Taylor, even though she isn't feeling well. After the bell rings, and most people are headed out of the room, Emma hugs her new friend Madison, and finds a similar jolt jump from her to Madison as the one which empowered Taylor. Madison is surprised to find that she suddenly has cat ears and a tail she can manifest or dismiss as she wishes.

https://i.imgur.com/1RYL3Rl.jpg https://i.imgur.com/SbilGin.jpg https://i.imgur.com/YBPJsM3.jpg
Meanwhile a lot of school kids start getting empowered as followers with d20 Modern classes.

I posted the idea in this thread. because while I realize the basic idea lends itself to a NSFW plot. I think it could be a fairly interesting premise to explore without, you know, making the story 90% smut.
Post it there anyway. It's a lot more active, and more people there are cool with interesting character relationship ideas (without excessive amounts of smut) than you seem to think. I wrote two chapters of a Danny/Carol romance after their spouses both die in 2003 and it was well received, even though the only smut scene was at the very end of chapter two and accounted for maybe 1.5k of around 12k total words.

Edit: added link

You write some long ass chapters.

How much have you worked on that since you posted chapter two? That and the one in Panorama 2 are the best Carols ever written since Cenotaph.
Thanks. I've started on part 3, but 'slow' is almost an understatement when it comes to my writing speed, and I want to figure out what happens next before I go too far. I want to rewrite part 2 as well, but honestly, I'm never going to do that.

Mmk. I can never tell for sure, when people don't quote.
...write some long ass chapters.
Sometimes, yeah. I just write the chapters however long feels appropriate. I've got some 11k ones, and some 1.5k ones, and some 4k ones, and some 8k ones. Just happens.

I doubt I'll ever go as long as Brandon Sanderson (or Robert Jordan), though. Chapter 37 of A Memory of Light is over 200 pages long. 80,345 words, by my count.

Taylor Hebert and the Worm Eater

It's a bit morbid but I often contemplated what my death would be like. My life was shit, everything sucked, a victim, neglected, really it should have never come as a surprise that the concept of death held such fascination to a girl who seemed to have a target carved into her back by the world. When everyday is not just a chore, but a punishment for the crime of existing, you find your fantasies taking a turn for the morbid.

Would it come quickly? Slowly? Would it hurt? Would I even know that I'd died? And the after life, would it be any better? Would I burn, would I be sent back in an endless cycle of rebirth? How would I even die anyway?

So many thoughts, so many fantasies. Being a hero who saves the world at the cost of her life, a true paragon. A villain most despised, dying only after carving a path of terror and destruction into the annals of history itself. Maybe even just a normal life, dying old in a bed peacefully in my sleep. And in some of my more depressing episodes I could see myself being the victim of a violent crime being smashed aside by one of the many villains in this city or just gunned down by the gang members.

I didn't really think it'd end like this though, naked and alone shivering in a small metal coffin bleeding and crushed to death.

Since the locker I though I'd seen the worst they could possibly do to me short of murder. The hour I'd spent in there before I was able to jimmy open the lock were amongst the worst of my entire life. The worst part, the absolute worst was despite my cries, despite how many people were around that could have helped, not a single one lifted a finger. Since then everything seemed petty I comparison. I guess they felt so too, two months of it had let me build up the confidence to mouth off to my own personal Judas. She did not take it well.

And so as I left school for the weekend, I found myself grabbed from behind and a strong smelling rag shoved over my face. When I next awoke it was in the confines of a trashbin, naked and tied up. I heard them giggling and kicking the can. After a few more insults they'd left, but not before giving some parting words.

"Right were the trash belongs, Taylor. Hey, if you're lucky maybe one of the bums will find you and let you out if you do him a few favors. Tata~"

I spent the whole night there shivering and crying. I could call out with those words in my head, this city was a hell hole, and anyone that would find me here was more than likely to be the kind of monster to take advantage of finding a naked girl already tied up.

On the second day I was sure that I was going to die there, from the cold or from thirst. I had no faith in those three monsters returning to let me out. After all they'd done, getting away with murder was sadly a real possibility. By the second night I didn't even have the strength to call out even if I wanted.

I'd simply been sitting there in my waste waiting to die when it happened. A screech and suddenly my entire world was pain. Pain and chaos. A car, in some sense of irony had of all places wrecked into my little bin. I was pinned under it as was evident by the slowly collapsing walls.

It took me far to long to realize I'd stopped hurting. I tried to lift my head but couldn't budge it, I tried to feel with my hands and barely got a twitch. I tried to kick with my legs and remained motionless. Everything below my neck felt like static.

"No...please, please no…" I was panicking, looking for something, anything..but there was just crumpled metal, tiny holes in it barely letting in light from the outside.The soft groan of metal as my makeshift coffin served a constant reminder of just how little time I had left.

Words failed me in the face of my looming mortality, something so big I couldn't fully grasp the concept. I didn't want this. I couldn't accept this. I couldn't die! I didn't deserve to die! I wanted to scream, I wanted to rage. I was terrified, I was angry, I was so many things in a jumble, trapped in my own traitorous body. The blood pooling in my lungs turned my my shouts into raspy whispers, I couldn't even move my hands to beat them against the walls.

Paralyzed, trapped...I might as well have been dead at this point. Either I'd drown, I'd be crushed, or if by some miracle neither of those I'd no doubt die from exposure.

"No... not like this," I didn't know how I would have preferred it, or if I would ever have made such a choice, but to die like this... "I don't... Someone, anyone help me!"

I struggled as much as my body allowed, casting dignity aside. I felt my mixed phlegm and blood dribbled down my throat as I continued to try and shout, my own tears and mucus mixing with the solution. I didn't care that as I felt something give way inside me, I didn't care as my own lungs were able to take in less and less breath as I drowned in my own mess. I didn't care care as the edge of my sight began to fade.

Just another second, just one more second of precious life and existing. I could feel the looming specter of death approach and I would do anything to evade it.

"God, anyone..." I begged, desperate for someone, heroes, witnesses, God, just for someone to help me.

But nobody come.

Just like always... why should I have expected my death to be any different?

My vision went black.

---

It was vast, something that was so far beyond me that its mere attention felt crushing.

Destination.

Formless it slithered about, every motion of it's titanic form levying the strength to destroy everything I'd ever known.

Agreement.

It came from beyond the furthest reaches beyond the world I knew.

Trajectory.

I felt like a leaf caught in a hurricane under the weight of it's approach.

Agreement.

A piece, a shard, a fraction of a fraction of an infinitesimal piece, broke away and speared towards me like a falling star.

Re-

It did not slow in the slightest as it tore through the colossal mass of flesh that stood between us. The shriek it released as it was impaled traveled not by something so meager as sound but echoed through my entire being with enough force I felt as if my body and mind would shatter.

And then it began to collapse into itself.

The sight could not be described in words as the mountains of flesh began to flow inwards at tremendous speeds before eventually imploding into humaniod shape even smaller than myself. I found myself staring up at a leisurely floating redhaired woman.

"Aaaah, Well well, if this isn't a familiar scene," She grinned down at me. She flexed her hands, "Oh, it feels so good to finally have a body again, can't wait to break it in."

"Who..." For a fleeting moment I had thought I'd been saved, but the deranged and blood thirsty look shot me crushed any notion that my precarious position had been resolved.

"Am I?" She finished for me, "Why, Just the most powerful being to ever grace your pathetic little mudball with it's presence. Killer of worlds, waster of Gods, The one and only Master of Death and Destruction Devourlord Revya. Rejoice little worm, I'm not usually one for showing mercy."

I didn't need any clarification on what it meant. For all it looked human, the thing in front of me was as far beyond my as I was above a gnat. It's presence radiated not only power but the image that surrounded her was one of a woman who reveled in dealing suffering upon others. That in any other circumstance not only would it have killed me but would have crushed me slowly, enjoying every agonizing moment until my body and spirit broke before destroying husk that was left.

And it was sparing me. I could feel my stomach drop. Why?

"Hoho~ Smart one, not that it will help you. You see, after a certain TRAITOROUS BITCH! robbed my of my body that day I've been in something of a bind. Since then I've been trapped, unable to give the world what it deserves, unable to purge the rotten maggots that infest it's disgusting shambling corpse. Why, I couldn't even vent, as the Cow would put me back to sleep the moment I awoke. Eons, and I couldn't even scream... That is until, one day, it stopped."

The creature approached, descending to be level with me. The deranged look had left it's eyes, leaving something somber. It appeared almost too human.

"But then I was alone. I don't know what happened, maybe her soul finally broke, maybe she'd finally realized that her friend was dead. In the end I was left in the darkness with nothing. Not a soul to torment, not a world to kill, not even her disgusting lullabies. Just me, bound alone in the dark, utterly isolated from anything... Until now."

She placed a hand on my shoulder, floating in close and ignoring my personal space. I didn't resist, I couldn't resist, some macabre curiosity forcing me to stay silent and unmoving. She smiled reassuringly at me and I felt myself relax even as she ran her hands up my neck to cup my face.

"But now I have you..." She cooed, her smile became a grin and grew wider, "Such a nice, lovely, healthy, fresh set of limbs!"

I couldn't move, not a single muscle. It was different from before where there was not a single sensation below neck, as if my body had ceased to exist, now I could feel my efforts, all my straining, and how it amounted to nothing. Not a twitch, not even a blink, I was no longer just a prisoner inside my body. My body had become the chains that held me down. I couldn't even look away from the monster in front of me. This was worse, so much worse.

"Mmm~ It's a bit snug, not as choice as I'd prefer, and beat to hell at the moment but that can be fix. Beggars can't be choosers, and honestly it's not near the worst it could be."

"Wh-what are you talking about," I have no idea how the words were spoken when I couldn't move my jaw but at the moment I couldn't care less, "Are you... going to kill me?"

The creature gave a mocking giggle.

"Kill? Oh no, that would completely defeat the purpose of letting you live in the first place. I do need a vessel after all, and it'd be rude to just torment the soul of the one who released me. Instead I'll just... erase your soul, it'll be quick and painless, you won't even have to watch as this sinful world burns. Just peaceful, calming, nonexistance. It's the least I could do for you letting me come inside you, what do you say?"

This was it, after a parade of tragedies, over a year of constant torment, even only moments ago just barely avoiding it, this was how my life would end. I remember during my darkest moments over the last year contemplating what death would be like. I wasn't very religious, and with what my life had been like I just couldn't buy into the idea of pearly gates or fluffy clouds waiting for. If I was reincarnated, I wondered what my next life would be like, better or worse, or would my karma be so terrible as to be born again as bug? Would I just be met with a black nothing where I would spend eternity? Or... would I burn in a pit of fire for not believing in the right version of so many contradictory gods?

But in the back of my mind the one that scared my the most, the one that haunted me more than visions of eternal suffering was nothing. At my darkest hours, when I just wanted everything to stop hurting what stayed my hand from just ending it all wasn't hope but fear that I would cease. That everything that I was would just... disappear forever. No heaven, no hell, no purgatory, no second chance, I would be gone and that would be it.

In that moment, more than any other point in my life, I felt true terror. I forced my body to try to move, to flee, to struggle. Every ounce of will I could muster, all of my determination, went into my muscles. I pushed so hard that were my restraints physical I believe I'd my own bones under the strain.

"I refuse!"

In the end it all amounted to nothing.

The creature gave me a look of mixed pity and annoyance, looking down on me like a rowdy toddler who'd been told no.

"Kid, weren't you listening? DID YOU REALLY THINK YOU HAD A CHOICE?"

It opened its mouth and descended as if to swallow me whole. And in the black gaping abyss I saw death.

And just as I was about to touch oblivion the abyss was repelled. By some unseen force the creature in the skin of a woman was thrown back violent and gracelessly. The power that held me in place faltered and I collapsed onto the floor in tears at the emotional roller coaster that was the last half hour of my life. I felt... drained.

"Damn it," The thing quickly picked itself up, shaking in palpable rage, "Damn it! No! I was so close! So close to being released from this gods forsaken place!"

She began to make her way towards me again, though nowhere near as easily as before. It was a titanic labor, every inch struggling against some imperceptible force holding her back. At an iceberg pace she advanced screaming and ranting mad, I didn't move to escape. The shackles that held me were gone but so to was my will, I felt too emptied to care about the slowly approaching death.

"After all this time, after all this time you left me alone now you act. To refuse me my salvation!" She was mere feet away and every bit more appeared exponentially more difficult, "Danette! Is this how you repay your friends Danette!? After all we'd been through, after all I've done for you!? You filthy traitorous cow!"

Now less than a yard from me she reached forward with a shaking hand.

"I..."

The hand was less than a foot from my face.

"Will not..."

It was mere inches from me.

"Be..."

The hand lowered and hovered just above my throat. She grinned madly.

"DENIED!"

The claws only barely touched my skin when the girl slipped, the slightest of twitches, and all the force upon her broke through the singular crack. Again she flew back.

"Damn it!" She jumped to her feet radiating fury, "Damn it Damn it DAMN IT ALL!"

She pulled out the long sword tied to her hip, and in a flash, swung it at me. From the blade came a swath of darkness far eclipsing anything I'd ever seen in size and so black as it appeared to devour the ambient light that touched it's edges. It crashed against the force protecting me and split. For a full second I could see nothing until it died away, when it did I saw the girl glaring murderously.

The white orb that had been behind me disappeared without a trace.

She screamed, no longer able to even articulate her anger. With a wordless roar she swung again, downwards towards the blue and white ball that floated peacefully beneath us. The shadow didn't cover the whole of it, just a half, and when it passed it snatched away that portion as well.

The girl was giving labored breaths, whether from exertion emotional or physical I didn't know. After a minute, she stopped shaking and appeared to cal down. She turned, the look on her face no longer filled with amused confidence but twisted into an ugly scowl and her eyes filled with unveiled contempt.

"Fine, we'll do this the hard way," This time when she moved forward she met no opposition, her gait was steady and only stopped when she hovered directly over me, "Since I can't simply take what I want I guess I'll make you a deal with you, Trash. I should have known this would be a pain in the ass, but nothing worth doing isn't worth crushing everything in your way for.

"Here's my offer, one you can't refuse, in exchange for letting me enter you I'll give you a bit of my power. Not much, just a tiny fraction of my might not even worth paying mind to. For me that is, for you however, just that speck will elevate you far beyond your mongrel peers. Think about it, you can play queen bitch of the trash heap and at practically no cost at all. That should be more than enough to keep something as pathetic as you happy for the rest of your short miserable life. Hell, I'll even throw in a freebie and fix up that trashed out body of yours, can't have my vessel dying too soon after all."

"And what do you get out of this?" I stood up, feeling my will and confidence return as the situation became more manageable. This sounded too good to be true, meaning it definitely was. I ignored the fact that this thing could probably end me easily with a thought, that to refuse was to die. I couldn't do anything about those facts, but I could do something about this. This was something I could control, "I don't seem like someone who'd settle for just being a spectator. Do I sell you a bit of my soul every time I use your 'Gift'? Will it go away the moment I refuse to do what you say?"

It chuckled, a surprisingly lighthearted sound was coming from the 'Devil' of this deal.

"Ho ho! You really are a sharp one, I like that. A very admirable quality, as fitting of my Soulmate~" I stepped back in shock at the use of the term. The way it said was both mocking and affectionate, a mix of pride tinged with regret. I could feel it inside me the cocktail of emotions that flavored that single word. She... It smirked and began to coo, "See, we're bonding already. Heh, while your body may be ill-fitting there's no doubt we're cut from the same cloth, we fit together perfectly, a matching set. Maybe this was more that a simple accident then, for us to meet, what more like this. I guess we really are Soulmates, kid.

"But back to your questions, while it's smart you don't trust me I assure you that what I said is what you get. A gift of power in exchange for room and board, I'll even be good little guest and not mess around with that bit upstairs, not that I can without permission. Oh, I might be a bit rowdy, but that's all it'll amount to, the terms of the deal would mean I have no control of you or that gift after I part with it. Use it to protect your family, slaughter your enemies, hell you can become a fucking farmer and never touch it for the rest of your natural life. Become the savior, destroyer, or a simple observer of your world, I'm not going to stop you. That gift is enough to guarantee you almost anything your pathetic little heart desires..."

She gave a mockery of a grin, showing every single one of her teeth.

"Almost. I know how you little mongrels think. You'll be content enough at first, but then you'll run into a problem you can't easily crush. Or maybe you'll simply just get a little too greedy. That's when you'll come to me. I could lend you all the strength to kill a God with ease, at a cost of course. You get a little more power, I get a little more control over our body. Tit for tat, you scratch my back I break yours. And little by little the interest will add up until one day... hehe~. So, pretty sweet deal don't you say?"

"You won't get a single thing from me."

"What ever you say kid. But if you ever change your mind, my offer never expires. See you soon, Soulmate."

And then it was all over. The world around me began to come back into focus.

I found myself staring up at a not unfamiliar ceiling, soft blips and whirls filled the air, and the scent of antiseptics burned my nose. The hospital, I was in the emergency room. I shot up in my bed staring down at my body. My uninjured body.

I was shaking. Relief, fear, and every single emotion I was holding off on came flooding out. I don't know how long I sat there, even after my eyes ran dry, I just felt grateful to be alive. I'd dismissed the horrible images I'd seen to a dream, a nightmare brought on by exposure.

That is until my eyes began to search the room and landed upon an eerily familiar black blade.

"No... Nononono."

I didn't want to believe it but in the back of my mind I could hear laughter.

"I'm sorry is this a bad time, they said you'd woken up but... I can come back later if you want?"

It turned suddenly and in the door stood a woman in a slightly iridescent black and green costume.

Battery, one of the heroines of the local Protectorate branch, was standing in the door of my hospital room.

[X] Yes, I'm sorry but can I have a couple minutes to myself please?
[X] No, it's fine come in I was just... feeling a little panic.
[X] ...

Last edited:
I thought it was very enjoyable right up until that point. I liked the idea of constant tease of power in the future, but I'm not a quest type person. I know... irony.

Yeah, me too.

I actually built the "tease of future power" right into a setting. Hmm. Aaaactually....

How's this for a power? The character's ability is to summon a sort of imp-like creature. It's knowledgeable, moreso than the character about a lot of things. Clever, loyal, but also weak and limited. It constantly reminds the character that it can be stronger, if only by tapping deeper into the power source. However, doing that comes with ugly- and vague- consequence.

Yeah, me too.

I actually built the "tease of future power" right into a setting. Hmm. Aaaactually....

How's this for a power? The character's ability is to summon a sort of imp-like creature. It's knowledgeable, moreso than the character about a lot of things. Clever, loyal, but also weak and limited. It constantly reminds the character that it can be stronger, if only by tapping deeper into the power source. However, doing that comes with ugly- and vague- consequence.

I'm a 'known consequence' type person. You know exactly what you're getting yourself into (but you really don't; you just think you do) type thing.

Okay, I need a synonym for "F the shit out of her", that's still clearly a sexual reference, even when the word f is replaced by something else. If you just say X the shit out of her, X could be "beat", same with "X her into a coma", but there's got to be some other idiom. Preferably something a cheerful fratboy would say.

Okay, I need a synonym for "F the shit out of her", that's still clearly a sexual reference, even when the word f is replaced by something else. If you just say X the shit out of her, X could be "beat", same with "X her into a coma", but there's got to be some other idiom. Preferably something a cheerful fratboy would say.
Hammer her into the ground? Nail her?

Wrong ideas thread, mate?

Though you could use pretty much any verb.

No, the story is safe for work. If I tell you the verb, that would be a spoiler. Let's say the verb is phone.

"Dude, you gotta phone the shit out of her." <- That is not unambiguously a sexual reference. I need a sentence that is still clearly a sexual reference even when the f-word is replaced with something like "phone" or "paint".

I'm gonna verb in the noun so hard...
That's a good idea, but I can't think of any noun that would fit the situation. But "X her real hard until she doesn't know left from right anymore." will be my plan B.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back