• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Tanya the Jedi

Trial of Spirit
The opening battles of the war were a rousing success by nearly any metric. Geonosis was captured, their factories were being retrofitted to produce war materials for the GAR, and the casualties were… acceptable. A few squads were lost, but every organization level above the squad level was left at combat strength to one degree or another.

Reorganizing the Jedi into a proper hierarchy came next with new ranks appropriate to the individual Jedi's abilities. Each member of the High Council was given the rank of High General and were given broad latitude in how they would give commands. Next was the Supreme Generals, given to the Jedi Knights, Masters, or Padawans shown to have a strong affinity for both leadership and military strategy and tactics. I suspect they created this rank specifically for me because they could not justify putting a Padawan on the High Council to help advise with the war effort. Thankfully for the first month I was so busy organizing the war effort at the Temple and creating a study list of relevant materials for the newly conscripted military officers that I was able to distract myself from the loss of Master Labooda.

Master Labooda had been among the first group of Jedi to arrive on scene for the rescue mission in an arrogant attempt at intimidating the Separatist Leaders into surrendering. During my long hours meditating, I had been able to reflect back upon my death and the irrationality of my murderer. In the face of emotions, logic and reason could be thrown out of the window and the Separatists are an emotional movement. They may have logical reasons for being upset with the Republic, but going to War was always going to be a highly emotional event where intimidation tactics would only result in the digging in of their heels to fight back harder.

"General Degurechaff. Report from Commander Oda," the synthetic voice of one of the first JB-1 droids said. Modified from the B-1 battle droids with kill-switches and independent thought circuits that limited their combat effectiveness to a degree, along with an identifying paint job, the JB-1's were being produced to increase the GAR's battlefield presence and help with low level administrative work, including delivering low priority messages.

Taking the datapad from the droid, I looked over the report and was satisfied to see that the droid foundry I had helped capture on Geonosis was at 90% capacity and fully converted to making the JB-1's and the other foundries were either rapidly being repaired as resources opened up or were nearly fully converted as well. Pockets of resistance were still popping up around Geonosis, but the locals were mostly being successfully occupied and there were even a few negotiations being attempted, though negotiators were not optimistic at the current time of a deal being reached and occupation in force would need to continue to keep the planet subdued.

"Was there anything else?" I asked the droid as I finished looking over the report.

"Meeting scheduled with the Jedi High Council in thirty four point six minutes."

"Right," I sighed. One of the things that has been weighing on my mind for the past month in addition to Master Labooda's death was that I was still a Padawan. Most of the time when a Padawan loses their Master, they would either find another Master to apprentice under or be shuffled off to one of the corps, often the Agricorp. I had been left in limbo for a month as the war effort took everyone's focus away from Jedi matters and now there was enough time to address my current state.

With a shake of my head, I clear my thoughts as I slip a robe over my armor. A custom made set, tailored to fit my body while matching many of the same functions and general look of the Clone Trooper armor. The logic had been simple, especially after the lack of protection a few layers of cloth was pointed out. The armor is designed to protect against environmental hazards more than incoming fire and any incidental protection from enemy blaster fire would be less focus on the Force we would need to use that could instead be used to keep as many of our men alive as possible.

Clones were a limited resource as they took years to produce more of and even a new clone, or the shinies as I had heard some of the veterans of the Battle of Geonosis call them, were at a higher level of military knowledge and combat effectiveness than even some non-clone officers from various planetary defense forces. As such, current doctrine was to preserve as much of our own manpower as possible. Even with the captured droid foundries, we were at a numerical disadvantage on the battlefield and behind in production of war materials. That we even had anything at all to hold off the Separatists could be considered a miracle if the situation didn't stink of conspiracy to high heaven.

Investigating that matter would, unfortunately, have to wait and likely be done by someone else. For now, I had a meeting to attend to. My footsteps were soft as I traveled through the Jedi Temple, my boots being designed to limit noise per my request. There was an argument to be made that I should not need to wear the armor in the Temple, to which my retort if anyone was to bring that up is I needed to get used to wearing the armor should I be sent to a battlefield.

We were Generals of various flavors, or Commanders in the case of Padawans or Knights not given a General rank for one reason or another, but were still expected to hop onto the front lines often. I had argued against such a measure as in most historical military operations the generals were in the back directing forces and overseeing the big picture of what objectives were most important to achieve. The High Council had agreed with the Chancellor's overrule of me by pointing out that the Jedi were not just some regular general, but capable fighters in their own right, able to achieve objectives regular soldiers would find impossible on their own.

I was soon joined in waiting for my meeting by Anakin and Obi-Wan. My mind whirred at a few possibilities of what this could mean. The two had spent a lot of time actively fighting along some of the more contentious areas of the frontlines for the past month, with Anakin sporting a new scar over one eye he didn't want to discuss.

Nearly every possibility I could imagine involved Anakin getting promoted to Knighthood, which would result in Obi-Wan becoming a Master of the Order. From there, I might be put under the newly established Master Kenobi for the remainder of my Padawanship, or I might be looking at a promotion myself at the Council's discretion. There was also a possibility Master Windu would take me on as a Padawan seeing as he had already taught me his personal lightsaber form and was in a position of both needing to lead the Jedi Order during a war while learning how to handle a war in a leadership capacity and I was currently the most knowledgeable member of the Order on the theatricals of warfare, even if there were a good number of members of the order who have fought in planetary conflicts in the past.

After a few moments of waiting in silence, the doors were opened and we were beckoned in. Not every Council Member was physically present, some only there as holograms. And one seat was conspicuously empty, its former owner having recently been confirmed dead after fighting against one of the Separatist Generals, a cybernetic being known as Grievous. Currently, not much was known about General Grievous other than that he was a dangerous individual and a very capable, if ruthless, leader.

"What we are to do with you two, we need to discuss," Master Yoda started the meeting off by getting to the point. I bowed to him and the High Council in general, having expected this.

"Indeed," Master Windu said as he leaned forwards in his seat. "You both have shown skill and courage far beyond even many Knights. Padawan Tanya, your insights have proven invaluable to the order so far and you have mastered the ability to see through illusions to such a degree that you can weave them yourself. It is unfortunate that you have lost your Master at such a young age, but the pain of loss of a mentor can be as painful as any wound. Padawan Anakin, we can see the scars of the flesh on your face. You could do with taking more time before leaping, but you have never leapt due to false appearances. Your ability to sense a person's intentions has done you well and given you great insight into those around you. As far as the Council is concerned, you are both ready for the final Trial to become Jedi Knights. The Trial of Spirit."

As Master Windu said that, he stood up and the circle design in the middle of the room began to open up, revealing a staircase. I felt a hand on my shoulder and looked to see Obi-Wan had his hand on both Anakin and my shoulders. "I believe in you both," He said softly before nudging us to follow Master Windu down the stairs.

The trip was long, silent, and steadily got colder. I kept my breath steady to stay focused on the task at hand and stave off any nerves. I had heard rumors that this was the most challenging Trial, but nothing concrete about what was involved. The requirements about the other trials were well known, even if the tests could be a bit difficult to get. The Trial of Flesh, as Master Windu alluded to, could be completed either through loss of a Master or through physical scarring or loss of limb. Master Labooda was dead and thinking of her presence being gone hurt. We spent years together and while in theory she was my teacher, my senpai, our relationship always felt a little more familiar than that.

We would spend many hours just talking. Even when I didn't want to, she would gently say 'Talk to me' with an inviting smile that would practically force me into unloading whatever was weighing on my mind at the time. I was an only child in my last life, but living with Master Labooda and training under her is what I would have imagined having an older sister might have been. She was gone and I don't know how to handle that other than just working hard so that everything she tried teaching me didn't go to waste.

The Trial of Courage had various tests that were kept unknown, but the basis was that any dangerous situation could be used as a substitute for the Trial based upon the Padawan's actions and the danger of the situation. Anakin had been in far more dangerous situations compared to myself, but the High Council clearly believed the dangers I had faced were satisfactory for not needing to go through a specific Trial of Courage.

The Trial of Skill was the one test that was probably the most well known as the standard test was a gauntlet of an obstacle course designed to test endurance, physical skill, mental skill, skill in using the Force, lightsaber skill, and self-discipline. Watching Padawans go through the Trial of Skill was something Initiates would get to do during some of the free-time they received if a Padawan happened to be going through the course. The courses regularly were changed up so that it was not predictable, but they were always long, grueling affairs kept safe by the watchful eyes of the proctors of the Trial.

The Trial of Insight was what I liked to think of as the Trial of Common Sense. How to avoid being the target of a pickpocket or other common thug on the street. Master Windu made a wonderful display of my knowledge when it came to my activities as a Padawan, but in the end, this test was made because too many Knights got their wallets or lightsabers nicked while on missions and the Order decided some common sense needed to be slapped into the Knights and Padawans to stop such an obvious issue.

The Trial of Spirit I knew nothing about. It was not spoken of at all.

By the time we reached the bottom of the stairs, I was thankful for the armor as the temperature had seemingly dropped quite a few degrees just from going down stairs. Anakin's hands were fisted from his nerves and I could see the cold causing goosebumps to forth on his arms.

The chamber we stopped at was made of stone with several doorways carved into the rock. We were underground. Something that was hard to imagine as Corescant was a planet city. A city so massive it covered the entire planet and had layers of city built upon other city layers. The planet had been so thoroughly converted into a single, massive city that I had been half convinced that there was no actual ground left, that it had been dug out to make room for even more infrastructure and lower level city layers all the way to the core. Clearly there was still something from the original planet left, even if it was not much and had a temple complex built over and into it.

Master Windu opened a pair of doors that lead to stairs going further down into the rock, the steps made from carved stone. "Head down and face your mirror. I will wait here."

I looked at Anakin for a moment. He was looking a little pale and I could see the chill was starting to affect him, but I nodded to him and stepped through one of the doorways as he went through the other. The air felt even colder, almost cloying and heavy. I grabbed my lightsaber and ignited it to shed some light in the dark, tight staircase that spiraled down a few flights before opening up into a cavern. Holding up my lightsaber, I saw I was in a large cavern with only one entrance into it.

SKSHHhhh…

Turning I saw my only exit close shut, leaving me alone in the cavern with no way out.

Alone in the silence, I carefully look around to see bare walls.

No, not silent. A noise was rising.

Voices singing in concert. It was coming in from every direction.

"Be҉ no̶t̷ a͢fr̡a̕id!̶" The voice came to my mind unbidden as I saw eyes, wings, and a flaming wheel appear before me. "Chil͜d ̸of ̀t͜h̷è Lo͞rd́, ́g̵reȩt҉in͏gs͘!͞ Thou͡'̸s pa̶t̵h́ t́o ͞hiş gļo͏ŕy c͘an y̴e̴t ̀be ͏complet̷ed͞!̧ B̕e ̴warned f̀or͘ ̀Darkneśs҉ is͢ ͡He͢ralde̴d sh̵o͞ul҉d ̵t̡hou's̶t ̷con̶t͝ìn̸u͠e͠ t̵o ͜tur̵n̕ ͏áẃa͝y̷ f̧ro̕m His̀ blès̡s҉i͢n̶gs͜!̴"

"No!" I shouted in anger, striking the visage with my saber, it's glow having turned gold at some point, turning back to purple as the figure disappeared into black smoke.

"T͝hę L̸o͘rd'̶s gifts ̡w̷il͜l w̡ait för t̷h҉ee!"

The singing voices stopped as well, but a new sound began. Turning, the cavern was gone and I was outside on a tarmac. Boots marching and harsh voices speaking. My voice, repeated, hundreds of times in harsh tones. My boots by the hundreds, if not thousands. My face in white armor arranged in rows and columns, marching in formation. In the distance I see myself in a white officer uniform looking over the me's marching while a pink Twi'lek was looking over a data slate at my side.

A lightsaber ignites behind me and I turn around. I'm back in the cavern and there is a me in black armor stabbing the actual me in the gut with a red lightsaber. Her face is so close to mine, an angry snarl on her lips as I stare into her golden eyes. She retracts the blade of her lightsaber and I fall to the ground.

I do not know how long I lay there, but as I shakily got up, I see the cavern has returned to normal and the stairway is no longer blocked off. Slowly, I make my way up, my head abuzz with thoughts over what just happened.

Getting to the chamber Master Windu was waiting in, I saw Anakin was there waiting as well.

"Knight Degurechaff, stand before me," Master Windu said, his face schooled into neutrality.

"Yes Master." I took my place in front of him, my heart beating fast as him calling me Knight could only mean one thing.

"Your time as a Padawan is now over, but never forget that learning is a lifelong endeavor. Though you will no longer have a Master always there to teach you, we trust you will continue your delving into the mysteries of the Force on your own. Congratulations Knight Degurechaff."

With that, Master Windu ignited his saber and struck, stopping right next to my ear as my Padawan Braid, the signifier in the order of my status of still being under the direct tutelage of another, was severed, falling to the ground.

Without another word, we made our way back up to the Council Chamber. Looking over at Anakin, I saw him smiling, his own braid gone.

To answer a few expected questions. Normally I would not do this as I believe in death of the author and the work should stand on its own, but I figured I should actually say a few things here because these things may not come up in the story itself.
So, the Trial of Spirit is not about overcoming anything, it is about facing yourself. The way the Jedi do this is by delving into a Dark Side Nexus. Think of Luke on Dagobah where he goes into the cavern, faces Vader, cuts off Vaders head only for the head to explode the mask off and reveal Luke's own face. Here, the Jedi Temple was built above a Dark Side Nexus.
Next, I do have this story fully plotted out to its end. This is relevant for what Tanya experienced here. I will leave the exercise on speculating on what it all means to the reader, but know it was all deliberately done.

Woo, thanks for the new chapter! I do like how the clones are not seen as cannon fodder or easily replaceaple here and that the Jedi are actually forced to learn about military matters to go with their deployment and actual rank. And I wonder if Tanya can slap Being X out of her life if she becomes powerful enough in the Force...

Woo! Had to reread but it was a good time again to get caught back up. Loving what you're doing with this one and definitely interested to see how the clone wars goes with Tanya interference. Wonder how she and Ahsoka will get on too...

Cover Images
Finally got around to actually doing the book covers I had planned. They aren't amazing, but I'm not really a visual media artist. I am a written word artist.
TanyaPadawan.jpg

TanyaJedi.jpg

TanyaImperial.jpg

TanyaRebel.jpg

Viisha.jpg
Anyways, the next chapter is coming along nicely. I hope to get it out by the end of the month. We have FINALLY reached where some of the events of version 1.0 of this story covered. FINALLY!

In other news, I have a Patreon and I have decided that this year I am going to try to do at least 1 chapter/month among my stories. I know that doesn't sound like much, but it is a step towards having a regular update schedule. As part of this resolution, I am hosting polls each month on my Patreon this year on which story I should focus my efforts on. Currently Tanya's Hogwarts Adventure is leading for next month's chapter. I wanted to do this story for this month simply to make sure I had achieved a major, in my mind, story beat that I think you all will like.

Those look amazing! And we get a new character to make caf for Tanya, absolute win! I'm looking forward to the new chapter already. x3

Now draw them all kissing!

They look great, I like Rebellious Record the best.

Ertegas
Supreme General Degurechaff, recently knighted, has been informed that an important resource planet is under siege by the separatists. Ertegas, breadbasket planet of the GAR's Southern effort, under control of the Jedi's Agricorps. An Agricorp sent to ground, hiding from the invasion.

General Degurechaff must resolve the issue swiftly, less supply issues begin plaguing the war effort. A plague that would only harm the already disadvantageous position the Republic is in with the war of attrition against a foe that can just continuously build new soldiers that do not require food as upkeep.

Using her rank, she moves swiftly to the planet without orders…

"Apologies Captain," I say to Captain Scoflaw, the Commanding Officer of the Venator Class Tranquility. "I know this was on short notice, but losing Ertegas would cause massive issues to the war effort."

"I understand General," the deeply tanned man said. "I just have to question if we didn't ship off too quickly and too lightly."

I nodded as I activated the holo display showing the local system centered around Ertegas. "Maybe." It was a valid concern. One that was scratching at the back of my mind as I felt a stone in my guts. "However, if we wait till we can gather a better force, that can give the Separatists time to burn the crops as we approach, leaving nothing worth fighting over."

"You think they would burn the crops?" the Captain asked, sounding alarmed.

I shake my head. "I don't know what they would do, but there are incredibly few rules of war and even if there were more, cutting off supplies is too valuable a tactic in war to ever allow for it to be banned." I crossed my arms across my chest as the Captain put his hands behind his back and took on a thoughtful look. "We have to assume the worst case scenario is on the table and work around it."

"And what would be the worst case?" The captain asked.

I sighed and looked over the map of the sector we were fast approaching. "This reminds me of a scenario I read from… I believe it was the Second Sith War. Critical supply planet with few local defenders and a lack of civilians. A shield generator was put on the planet to prevent retaliatory bombardments along with a large number of PDS to shoot any incoming dropships out of the sky. It took a concentrated force going into a weak point within the PDS coverage for troops to land planetside to even begin taking out the PDS and establishing a proper beach head. Which then resulted in trench warfare going from PDS as both sides began reinforcing the planet. The difference here is that both sides wanted the supplies of the planet then. Now? Only one of us needs the supplies for the war effort, so less care will be taken by the enemy forces towards collateral damage."

The Captain scowled as he looked over the map himself. "We will be coming in from the Hyperlane here," he said, pointing to a region of space. "Hyperlanes also here, and here. If I was to try defending with one ship, I would setup… here." He indicated an area not far from the planet roughly in the middle of where the hyperlane exits were. "Here and here if I had two capital ships." One was in between the planet and the nearest hyperlane exit to the planet and the other was between the other two hyperlanes.

I nodded my head. "Sensible. If it is more than two, assume defeat from being outnumbered and plan for immediate retreat," I said before pointing at our exit point. "We will be entering the system about here. If it is the two ship configuration, we should have enough time to launch fighters to screen for us as we approach the planet. Though being able to land planetside, even if we can capture the planet back, won't matter if the space is still under Separatist control. How confident are you that we can beat two to one odds?"

"Considering what I've heard you Jedi can do in a fighter, very."

"Belay that thought. I will not be going out in a fighter."

The Captain raised an eyebrow at me. "I'm sorry General, but I believe tactically it would be most advantageous for you to be helping with the space battle."

I shook my head. "I would be of absolutely no help. I can't fly."

"Can't fly?" The Captain asked.

"Never learned. Never been behind the controls of a vehicle. The most complicated vehicle I've ever been in control of was a fully mechanical bicycle." It was true, in both of my lives I never had a need to be in control of a transportation vehicle. I either used a bicycle to get to and from school, or made use of the public transportation systems available to me. I have to this point never found a need to personally control a vehicle and trying to learn while in a space battle seemed incredibly stupid.

The Captain coughed into his hand before reevaluating the situation. "Provided they only have droid operated systems in place and not a more competent captain in charge, then I am still confident we can keep the space battle as a pair of one on one battles that should favor us."

I nodded. "That is good to hear. Then we should be prepared to launch a concentrated group of dropships with a fighter escort planetside as soon as you manage to push their space presence back." I internally shuddered at the dangerous position I was about to put myself in, but it was necessary. We needed that food for the war effort and no matter how much I did not want to be here, I could not slack off or abandon my duty. It would ruin any future prospects I had if I wanted a comfortable life. "I will be waiting in one of the dropships while the battle is ongoing. As soon as you give the order, we will take off."

The Captain nodded before giving me a salute that I returned. "Very good sir."

Being on standby while the space battle occurred was nerve wracking. To distract myself, I was running my men and droids through equipment checks near the drop ships. The fighters were already out of the hangar, giving us plenty of space to lay out our gear and make sure it was all in top condition. Commander Oda was the one leading the equipment check, having been trained in how to check his equipment and knowing more than I on what to look for. The only advantage I had was the force nudging me to tighten the bolt connecting the attachment point for my lightsaber to the custom rifle I had.

The standard issued ones the Clones and Droids were assigned were a bit large for my comfort in use. I could make use of a pistol style blaster to nearly the same degree of effectiveness as a rifle, but rifles did offer a few advantages over pistols. Typically, barrel length helps with accuracy over a long distance, and while true with blasters, the force made such accuracy differences somewhat moot anyways as the force helped me compensate for my aim. The real advantages for myself was that the longer barrel took longer to heat up, increasing the number of shots I could fire before it overheated, while also having a larger surface area for that heat to dissipate from. Essentially, a rifle allowed me to fire faster, longer, and with less downtime while waiting for it to cool down should it overheat.

This advantage was further compounded with the custom barrel design of my rifle, which had a lot of similarities with a shotgun style blaster with a shorter, but chunkier barrel with furrows along it to help dissipate the heat. It was a compromise rifle that should serve me well.

Captain Scoflaw's voice came on over the comm system, "Entering orbit now. Prepare dropship launch in t-minus five minutes."

With that announcement, everyone hurriedly assembled their equipment and headed to their dropship, crowding onto the vessels before the doors closed and we were dropped into a dim glow of the internal lights. With a deep breath I looked myself over one last time, checking that the custom fitted clone armor was all in place underneath a simple sleeveless tunic. While being identifiable was of no major concern as I was the shortest person, the tunic helped cut down how much very visible white I was showing. With a robe, I could probably hide even more of the white and be incredibly hard for enemy forces to spot, but the robe was likely to catch on something and would be more of a hassle in a fight than it was worth.

We were quiet as we entered the atmosphere, the ship shaking as we began hearing the explosions of anti-aircraft shots exploding just outside the ship. My heart was beating rapidly.

Take heart, safety is just a prayer away.

I was stuck between a pair of JB-1s as we descended. I gripped my rifle tightly. The wait for landfall or death was nerve wracking.

You will have no fear if you open your heart to His glory.

Taking a deep breath, I began counting. The time till landing under normal circumstances from hitting the upper atmosphere to landfall for most planets was 20 minutes or about 1200 seconds. With the Low Altitude Assault Transport was capable of reducing that time to 12 minutes or 720 seconds with some dangerous speeds towards the surface outside the safe operating forces for most ships.

By my count, three minutes have passed. Attempting to look around the Clones and JB-1s, I could just make out that we were hitting the cloud layers. I winced as I watched one of the other LAATs get hit directly, busting in fire as bits of the ship broke off. Without the downwards thrusts, the debris and the hull of the wreckage appeared to drift upwards from my vantage point, slowing to terminal velocity.

I turned away from the sight and looked at a wall, attempting to not think of the waste this war was producing. I had to keep my head on the mission. We needed to take out or over the PDS and clear the Separatist presence.

360. We should be about half-way to the ground. I could get out here and easily make it to the ground myself, but it would still be slower than staying on the LAAT, my boots magnetized to keep me standing on the floor. I was the only one able to leave the LAAT with any degree of safety currently. Clone troopers trained in the use of Jetpacks were limited in numbers. I had a larger number under my command compared to other Jedi Generals, but I still needed to be strategic in how I utilized them. Nevermind the lack of flight capable droids currently.

420. Five minutes till we should be getting out of the LAAT. My helmet was connected to the same Comm frequencies as both my troopers and the droids around me, so I gave them a heads-up that we should be hitting the dirt soon, getting a mix of 'Roger Rogers' and 'affirmatives' in response. 450. The separatists had Vulture Droids to handle both aerial and space combat, but the droid facilities we had captured were being used solely to boost our infantry numbers currently. If we could capture a few more facilities from the Separatists, we could begin pushing out Vulture droids as a more disposable aerial and space fighters than our Clone Troopers were.

480. The droids had limited processing power built into their systems as the cost went up quickly in production as more processors were added. This meant that any experience the droids may gain on the battlefield could not be easily used to improve their efficiency in the same way organic beings could grow and adapt. 500. It was unfortunate to send any sentient being into battle, but the Clones were a huge advantage over droids thanks to being able to adapt, think laterally, and solve problems in novel ways compared to droids, but even if a Clone was worth 100 droids, we were still behind the current estimates of the Separatist forces by nearly 1000 to one.

540. Three minutes. 180 seconds. The time to cook a cup noodle. There was no more time for idle thoughts. Looking out the cockpit window again, I could see the ground approaching along with other LAATs disgorging troops. A firefight was happening out there as enemy droids had come to greet us at our dropzone, streaming in from the distant structure of the main PDS, a prefab construction dropped only a few kilometers from where we were landing. I could see smoke in the distance from wrecked LAATs that did not make it safely to the ground ahead of us as more continued to come down, either whole or on fire.

I turned towards the side door I would be exiting from, rifle at the ready and the force ready to activate my saber at a moment's notice.

This was not going to be a pretty battle as we would have to push towards the enemy in a frankly wasteful wave tactic, but stealth was not an option for us here. The only hope we had was that there were not that many defenders currently planetside.

But a single word and tides of your enemies shall fall.

The doors opened. We made it to the ground. It was time to get out of the frying pan and into the oven.

Vii'sha had been a Jedi Initiate raised in the temple on Coruscant. She had done well in her lessons, even participating in an Apprentice Tournament several years prior. However, despite all the other younglings around the pink Twi'lek talking about the amazing missions they would go on when they became Padawans and Knights, Vii'sha was uncertain. She wanted to help people. Help as many people as she could, but was being a Knight constantly running around the best way to help people?

Vii'sha had read that a lot of the beings in the galaxy that had financial difficulties would go hungry regularly. Something Vii'sha never needed to worry about at the Temple as she would be able to go to the cafeteria whenever she wanted to get something to eat.

With these doubts in her head, and seeing a Youngling half her age dominate that tournament, only losing in the last match after a well fought battle, Vii'sha had made up her mind. At eleven years old, her lightsaber hanging from her side, and no master to stop her, Vii'sha went to the Council of Reassignment to be sent to the Agricorps.

Oh, they had attempted to talk her out of it for now, that she would have plenty of chances to get a master, but Vii'sha was certain. She wanted to help people by feeding them. And the best way to feed as many people as possible was to help grow the food they ate. So the Council of Reassignment relented and Vii'sha was sent to Ertegas under the watchful eyes of a senior Agricorps member, Arakawa. Usually an Initiate being sent to one of the service corps might be required to surrender their lightsaber if they had constructed one. Vii'sha was allowed to keep hers as while she was not going down the path of a Knight, she was honorably and humbly serving both the order and the larger galaxy in a way that the Order would want any Jedi Knight to do so.

So for the past several years, Vii'sha lived a simple life on Ertegas, overseeing large farms of crops, continuing to meditate on the force, and practicing with her lightsaber. She was taught what she needed to do to manage the farms under her care by Arakawa before being left mostly to herself and the droids that did most of the actual work, and with so much time free Vii'sha fell back on the lessons she had at the Temple of meditation and lightsaber practice. Day in and day out, she would wake up, tend to the farms, checking what repairs needed to be done, what orders for fertilizer might need to be placed, and any other activity to keep the farms producing as much food as possible for the galaxy at large. Once her duty with the farms were done, she would have a meal of her own before spending an hour practicing her lightsaber form before settling down and meditating until it was time for her second daily meal, washing up, and then going to bed.

A simple life, but one Vii'sha found suited her nicely.

She had seen the announcement that a large war had broken out and the Jedi were fighting in it, but Vii'sha had not been tapped for combat. She was just here, on Ertegas, peacefully tending to the farms. At least, that was the case for about a month after the news of the war when a large shadow appeared. A shadow that was from a single, massive, starship. A starship that sent down many landing craft nearby, even a large pre-fabricated structure that put up a shield around the planet.

War had arrived to her little corner and Vii'sha felt fear. She ran into fields and watched as these enemy droids began seizing control of the facilities and searching for her. Arakawa had left the planet months ago, leaving the entire planet under Vii'sha's purview for the time being.

None of the droids were designed for fighting, so it was just Vii'sha, all by herself. By herself, outnumbered, with only a lightsaber.

She swallowed thickly.

Snap! Hish.

She activated her lightsaber, taking some comfort in the green glow.

She would likely die, but she had wanted to help the galaxy. She tried feeding the galaxy and if these Separatist droids were trying to stop this food from getting out to the hungry people, she would just have to do what she could to stop them.

Shit! This was bad. We had managed to make landfall, but the PDS was swarming with droids. They were everywhere protecting the defensive system. I knew that the Lucrehulk Battleships had more room for forces, but I had forgotten that their forces also took up so much less room during transport.

You can have the power to face any army.

My forces were decimated. More than decimated. We had maybe one in ten of the droids we brought with us still operating. The clones fared a lot better, at least among those that didn't die from being shot out of the sky.

A retreat was impossible at this point as what LAATs that managed to make it to the drop point were being shot out of the sky as they attempted to get back for another round of infantry.

Injuries are a small issue next to His gift.

My back was against a wall. I had to lead my men to victory as waiting for reinforcements was out of the question. Either we took over that PDS, secured the planet, and could leave a garrison force of our own to fend off Separatist attacks, or these droids would search and systematically eliminate us if we attempted to wait.

Victory or death.

His Glory will grant Victory!

I fucked up big time. I should have waited for another Venator to be ready to back us up. I should have tapped another Jedi for help.

"Keep to the fields! And don't stop moving towards that damn tower!"

I couldn't hide my fear. We just had to keep moving.

Just a word and you will fly free.

"Help me," I begged.

---

Edit suggestions: JR11

It'd be even funnier if Vii'sha is able to pull Tanya out of this somehow, no overt godly intervention required.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back