• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

The Council's Road, Not Taken (Kaguya-sama/Oregairu Spinoff)

[ x ] share e-mail

To share a LINE imply that Hikki intends to contact them in a casual way. In addition, LINE would allow him to join a group.
Summary, that would make Hikki want to be a riajuu, or even trying to get close to the girls.
In this awful world of backstab and convoluted plan, it's one of the worst case.
...seems I'm late. Meh, as usual then

Although, forgot to ask. Or probably forgot to read if you already write about this before.
The original fic has the Ice Queen, Yukino as part of Shuchiin Students, specifically the Volunteer ( I guess?) Club.
Will she appear here as well?

Aint running up the phone bill on my poor ass.
Unlimited internet bro, who do you think Hachiman is? Peasant relying on wifi?

PrlTHHK.png

Although, forgot to ask. Or probably forgot to read if you already write about this before.
The original fic has the Ice Queen, Yukino as part of Shuchiin Students, specifically the Volunteer ( I guess?) Club.
Will she appear here as well?
Yes.

I kinda hope Kino and Kose take a liking to Saize. They could start using it a place to have incognito meetings and as a "secret" place to go to talk about Kaguya or Prez x Kaguya.

[X] Share a LINE.

I'm just voting to be just like the Normies.

Is there a chance the we will meet characters from Oregairu like Yukino, Saika, Yui, and others?

I just want to know in advance so I (and other readers) won't get disappointed in the future.

[X] Share a LINE.

More buddies for Hachimam I guess.

Chapter 1 End
Vote Tally : Council Road, Not Taken (Kaguya-sama/Oregairu Spinoff) | Page 4 | Questionable Questing
##### NetTally 1.6.0

[x] Share e-mail
No. of Votes: 12
kenmadragon
bastur2
BlueMangoAdea
Cane Toad
Cuchulin
Eucuron
Him01
Kieron
Learned Knave
Observed
shanagan
TastyPocki

[X] Share a LINE
No. of Votes: 11
eraserman
BB54
Blonddude42
Fieryfoxpaws
Malason123
NewGame+Just
PandaVenom
Renko
rocket501
roronoa20
Yuki

Total No. of Voters: 23

To be honest, you're conflicted. On the other hand, you feel that giving LINE feels a little too soon, it's just against your sensibilities. Make no mistake, you think giving LINE on the first meeting is normie crap, and that's bad.

It feels like too much a leap, ignoring personal space.

On the other hand, giving an e-mail feels too formal and distant. And you don't want to get laughed at for being too much of a goody-two-shoes. Even office workers nowadays use LINE, e-mail is very old fashioned. It's like sending letters in the age of Fax.

Perhaps it's the reason why you get dumped and ignored all the time in middle school. You're just not ready into this messaging thing.

It's easy to block or get blocked via e-mail contact, but blocking or getting blocked in LINE carries so much more connotation of hostility compared to e-mail. Not to mention, you can tell if you're being ignored purposely in LINE.

That's going to hurt.

You're not ready for that kind of pain again.

"Is e-mail fine?"

"What? You didn't use LINE?"

You exchanged mail addresses with both girls quickly.

"I use E-mail with Miyuki, I mean President Shirogane too."

That wasn't technically a lie, as Miyuki doesn't have a smartphone, the two of you basically communicate with each other through E-mail and normal phone call instead. Aside from Momo, the other girls that you have on your LINE contacts are your sister Komachi, and Miyuki's sister, Kei. You don't need to tell these two Mass Media girls that you do, in fact, use LINE.

A lot of people told Miyuki to cave in and get with the times, but so far he still refused to budge. This is not really a secret, so you're fine disclosing it, as many other people in regular contact with Miyuki knew that fact.

"Ahh, I'm using the same method of communication as President. I'm so happy!" Kino yells out, borderline ecstatic even. Of course, even Kose feel disturbed with that brazen display of fangirlism, "Maybe Kaguya-sama too, only exclusively use E-mail with him!"

"Get a grip Karen, what are you doing?" Kose practically yanks her from the sheer anger. "There's no way the smart and dignified Kaguya-sama can be behind the times like that."

You're about to say that using e-mail is exactly the kind of traditional Ojou archetype would do. Honestly, could that Ice goddess even use emoticon if it would save her life? But you don't want to get involved any more than you already are. Besides, you might cause Kose's own fangirl side to erupt saying that. No way.

Let alone being ignored, you have this nagging feeling that you might get harassed instead. This is some monkey paw's shit. Having these two on your contact list might not be worth bragging.

"...I don't even know what to say back in response." You tell them, wryly smiling at the same time. "See you later then."

"Ah, see you later." The two girls momentarily stopped fighting to say goodbye.

At times like this, a strategic retreat is absolutely mandatory!

Anyway, since tomorrow is Saturday, and you have no club activity, you'd probably go to Chiba and spend weekends there, lazying around the house with your beloved cute little sister. That would be nice.

CHAPTER 1 END

Change of relationship:
Kino Karen: Stranger -> Acquaintance
Kose Erika: Stranger -> Acquaintance

Added contacts:
Kino Karen (E-Mail)
Kose Erika (E-Mail)

Bonus round
[ ] Write-in what you want to do in the weekend in Chiba (Optional, write Skip if nothing)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back