• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

The Red Rose of Konoha (Yu Yu Hakusho/Naruto)

[X] Absorb the energy before it dissipates. Waste not.

This energy field is, in fact, bigger than our head.

But it just looks so tasty.

*Gendopose*

[blockquote]Rolled 1d100 : 30, total 30[/blockquote]

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 2, total 2[/blockquote] +4

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 11, total 11[/blockquote]

Whacha think? Should I Bad-End, or make you live with the consequences of your stupidity? I'm gonna be honest, you would have needed a CHA roll of at least 14 to pull this off.

Depends if you want to end the quest or not. I interestingly written bad end can always be nice to remind people to act with some caution.

Morons, never absorb an energy field bigger then your head applys to everyone.

FurikoMaru said:
Whacha think? Should I Bad-End, or make you live with the consequences of your stupidity? I'm gonna be honest, you would have needed a CHA roll of at least 14 to pull this off.

Honestly I figured that if Kurama here one-shotted Kyuubi pretty trivially he'd know whether or not he could absorb the power.

Or are you saying that yeah, that was fine, but explaining it afterwards is the problem? Because I figured that worst comes to worst we could shapeshift ourselves and run away to do whatever we felt like.

Your call, I suppose.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know absolutely nothing about one side of the crossover, and even I could tell this was a terrible idea.
Being able to disable a nuke doesn't make it safe to swallow it.
Especially as a baby who knows nothing about the world he was born into.

uju32 said:
I know absolutely nothing about one side of the crossover, and even I could tell this was a terrible idea.
Being able to disable a nuke doesn't make it safe to swallow it.
On the other hand, anyone who knows enough to disable a nuke should have a pretty good handle on how safe they are to swallow.
Furiko's reference to our Charisma score, coupled with the wording of the "do nothing" option, makes it seem much more likely that the issue is explaining to everyone why the baby that just ate the Kyuubi isn't a security risk.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Honestly I figured that if Kurama here one-shotted Kyuubi pretty trivially he'd know whether or not he could absorb the power.
Yoki and bijuu chakra are like M&Ms and Canadian Smarties - theoretically the same thing, but different flavour and texture from one to another. Since Kurama is not an idiot, this means as soon as he realized the difference he'd know he couldn't take in the energy in the same way, especially since energy absorption isn't usually his thing. The first roll was to determine how fast he could figure out the proper way to consume the chakra, and by extension how much of it he would actually get before it evaporated.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Or are you saying that yeah, that was fine, but explaining it afterwards is the problem? Because I figured that worst comes to worst we could shapeshift ourselves and run away to do whatever we felt like.
Naruto quests that don't involve any of the usual canon settings are as mayflies. I gotta keep the people entertained.

It wasn't so much explaining, since baby, but rather the fact that from Kushina's perspective someone or something with the Mokuton just tried to kill the Kyuubi and the damn fox's spirit entered her darling baby boy, and now he's on fire with a tail and fox ears.

Torgamous said:
On the other hand, anyone who knows enough to disable a nuke should have a pretty good handle on how safe they are to swallow.
Furiko's reference to our Charisma score, coupled with the wording of the "do nothing" option, makes it seem much more likely that the issue is explaining to everyone why the baby that just ate the Kyuubi isn't a security risk.
This is a baby's body.
Given OOC knowledge of what bijuu energy does to humans, there were clear indications that at best there would be gross physical changes.
At BEST.
At worst?
Actual death or physical injury; most adult humans die after all, and this is a minutes old infant.

Given that the village had just been attacked by a bijuu, any such changes would be a terrible idea.
Prudence dictates a low profile until you know what society you were born into.....
Thinking this would have come off alright was the kind of judgement that had Ino/Lupin trying to contain Gaante's chakra with her own.

FurikoMaru said:
Yoki and bijuu chakra are like M&Ms and Canadian Smarties - theoretically the same thing, but different flavour and texture from one to another. Since Kurama is not an idiot, this means as soon as he realized the difference he'd know he couldn't take in the energy in the same way, especially since energy absorption isn't usually his thing. The first roll was to determine how fast he could figure out the proper way to consume the chakra, and by extension how much of it he would actually get before it evaporated.

Interesting.

Although the way you phrased it made it sound like yes, we are indeed capable of devouring Kyuubi if we know how to do it.

Naruto quests that don't involve any of the usual canon settings are as mayflies. I gotta keep the people entertained.

Running off to live in another village isn't an option? I mean you tantalized us with Hidden Mist over in Cosmos Quest....

It wasn't so much explaining, since baby, but rather the fact that from Kushina's perspective someone or something with the Mokuton just tried to kill the Kyuubi and the damn fox's spirit entered her darling baby boy, and now he's on fire with a tail and fox ears.

Darling baby girl you mean, yes? But point taken.

[X]Make you live with the consequences.

A little bit of "HEY, PERMANENT CONSEQUENSES" was never bad for a Quest. Well, not "little", but that's unimportant details. Nevermind what at this point it seems that kind of fuck up what would make things interesting. Or not. I never was good at judging these things.

...And this is just a accidental double-post. Goddamnit.

uju32 said:
This is a baby's body.
Given OOC knowledge of what bijuu energy does to humans, there were clear indications that at best there would be gross physical changes.
At BEST.
At worst?
Actual death or physical injury; most adult humans die after all, and this is a minutes old infant.

Given that the village had just been attacked by a bijuu, any such changes would be a terrible idea.
Prudence dictates a low profile until you know what society you were born into.....
Thinking this would have come off alright was the kind of judgement that had Ino/Lupin trying to contain Gaante's chakra with her own.

XD Wow, you really don't know Yu Yu Hakusho, do you?

Kurama is an S-Class demon by the finale. You acquire an S classification when you become powerful enough to wipe out an entire planet's worth of intelligent life with minimal assistance. Even confined to human form, there was no reason people should have expected the physical act of consuming the Kyuubi to do much more than give him indigestion.

Now, eating it right in front of the Blood-Red Habanero and the Yellow Flash? While possessing the body of their daughter? Goddamn, that takes balls.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Interesting.

Although the way you phrased it made it sound like yes, we are indeed capable of devouring Kyuubi if we know how to do it.
Yep.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Running off to live in another village isn't an option? I mean you tantalized us with Hidden Mist over in Cosmos Quest....
How do you propose to find one? You think Kumo just has agents wandering around the Fire Country's woods looking for powerful and adorable children to omochikaeri?

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Darling baby girl you mean, yes?
Rrar, bugger. I keep forgetting.

FurikoMaru said:
Now, eating it right in front of the Blood-Red Habanero and the Yellow Flash? While possessing the body of their daughter? Goddamn, that takes balls.

Yeah, I'm gonna admit, I completely forgot Minato was still hanging around us. Ignoring that with seals he might actually be able to seal us in the Shinigami, running away from him could be considerably harder.

Maybe they'd have cared enough to belay any actions long enough it'd have given us enough time.

Although if the 'consequences' of this Bad End is that hey, people know we're not a baby but instead a kitsune reborn and we skip the growing up stages for adult interaction/relationships (and the fallout of the daughter thing), I'd be interested.

FurikoMaru said:
How do you propose to find one? You think Kumo just has agents wandering around the Fire Country's woods looking for powerful and adorable children to omochikaeri?

No, I was thinking shapeshift into our original body from the first life, wander around, find a place that looks interesting, and investigate. Skip childhood entirely.

You did say you wanted to see how badly you could derail the setting with one reincarnation.

Rrar, bugger. I keep forgetting.

This does not bode well. :p

FurikoMaru said:
XD Wow, you really don't know Yu Yu Hakusho, do you?

Kurama is an S-Class demon by the finale. You acquire an S classification when you become powerful enough to wipe out an entire planet's worth of intelligent life with minimal assistance. Even confined to human form, there was no reason people should have expected the physical act of consuming the Kyuubi to do much more than give him indigestion.

If it's possible Furiko, I would prefer if we could extend the voting time to see if some people can change to letting the Kyuubi go, because getting a Bad End just when we are beginning the quest, or even gettin a crippling consequence seems just too much. I mean for a while I was somewhat convinced that even Kurama could have absorved the Kyuubi if he could kill him like that.

If we can't get an extension on the voting time then i would prefer a Bad End, because I don't think that Kurama would be that dumb to make this kind of mistake, so better to end it and try another way later on.

Well this was a short life... Bad end!

overmind said:
If it's possible Furiko, I would prefer if we could extend the voting time to see if some people can change to letting the Kyuubi go, because getting a Bad End just when we are beginning the quest, or even gettin a crippling consequence seems just too much. I mean for a while I was somewhat convinced that even Kurama could have absorved the Kyuubi if he could kill him like that.

If we can't get an extension on the voting time then i would prefer a Bad End, because I don't think that Kurama would be that dumb to make this kind of mistake, so better to end it and try another way later on.
>_< For the last time, he could have physically done it without coming to harm. Even a crit fail would have left you guys with a minor power boost as a tiny and adorable fox cub. The only reason it was difficult was a) working with unfamiliar energy, something he didn't anticipate until after he took action, and b) motherfucking Kushina in Mama Bear mode.

FurikoMaru said:
>_< For the last time, he could have physically done it without coming to harm. Even a crit fail would have left you guys with a minor power boost as a tiny and adorable fox cub. The only reason it was difficult was a) working with unfamiliar energy, something he didn't anticipate until after he took action, and b) motherfucking Kushina in Mama Bear mode.
Yes, but we didn't know that, Kushina i can understand, I mean she is right there, but the other thing, that came out of the blue field, or at least that' how it came to me.

Like I said, if there can not be an extension then I would prefer a Bad End.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back