1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

The SFW image thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Biigoh, Mar 17, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Lord Raa

Lord Raa Exporter of Juice Tins

It's not the cost, it's the fact that it makes you look like one of the Visitors from the OG V miniseries.

2. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

That's the visor worn by the snake aliens in V.

XD

bastur2, Argosh, Winged One and 3 others like this.
  3. evildice

evildice (emotionally stable clown posse)

Wow, that's an old-people joke.

Tax:

[​IMG]

4. seeing_octarine

seeing_octarine Unverified Colour

Sir, this is the SFW image thread.

5. evildice

Bacon is a protected fetish here.

Tax:

[​IMG]

6. Czlyydwr Llrngwl

Czlyydwr Llrngwl "Sell ya a door Learn gull" Czly/Celly for short.

I understand that this is the "true ending" victory screen for The Goose Game

So, here's a petro-rabbit that's been jumping up and down on my head for the past few days.
    It was particularly annoying because there are only a few sets of 1972 Ranchero pictures to be found online, even less from useful (dead-on front/back, side, and especially top, angles) zero technical drawings I could find aside from a single small diagram of screw locations holding on the chrome, and only a single 3D model I could find, well into the "hahaha NO!!!" range at $199 USD.

Normally I'd just jump in and start working on it in Blender, but with how rare the things are in the US actually getting my head around the shape took some doing, and eventually tracking down a Hot Wheels version - one that has almost the same paint colors, coincidentally, if not the same stripe pattern and the wheels of a size and in positions that could only come about through extensive structural modification. It did the trick and let me grok it enough to do this collage version, at least -- now the question is just whether I'll maintain enthusiasm long enough to get a semi-decent car shell made, and then cut it up and work out the inevitable bugaboos of translating what seems quite workable in 2d into a functional 3d assembly.

[​IMG]
    ~4x link for more readable text

I think I'll call her Jillaroo, as while the ute may not be a completely uniquely Australian vehicle they are noticeably more popular there than most other parts of the world, and like her alt-mode she's a do-anything generalist
    who can shoot straight with her pistols or near any other weapon you care to name, haul cargo, track quarry on foot or through slicing datatracks, set demolition charges, repair an ally, tinker up an improved (or just improvised) piece of equipment, mix fuel, fly a shuttle, prospect for energon and minerals, compose or crack a coded message, cook for a mess hall full of hungry organics, explore unfamiliar planets, tell a tall tale, and yes, even tie fancy knots, in cable or neckties. She might not be the best at any of it, but she can at least do it well enough that some other bot doesn't have to come and fix things immediately.

Stats would be six to eight out of ten across the board, firepower and rank low (her usual weapons are just a pair of pistols, and you don't move up so much when you spend most of your time moving around) while speed and tech are high (in front of that cargo bed she's a bona fide muscle car, and you don't get to be a skill monkey without being good at skilled tasks.) Her bodywork is in the height of 70s fashion as well, with "ivy glow" bright green metallic paint (brighter than the picture at top left, that's closer to her seats' color) decked out in cream stripes and dark (avacado-rind) green upholstery, and groovy bell-bottom leg styling.

As for the Ranchero itself, the '72 model was based on the Gran Torino, and available with up to a 429 cu. in. engine (conservatively rated for 350hp in its initial 1969 stock configuration, with enthusiast tuned versions cranking out over 500hp) to really put some pep in the pedal and some heft in the haul with a 5000lb rated Class-III trailer hitch also available.

Yes, it's just a WIP collage for something I may not get around to properly doing in 3d, but open-bodied trucks and similar vehicles are always a hard subject for turning into a robot (and this is a pretty clean result if I do say so myself, with only the most minimal of kibble hanging off her) and figuring out what goes where and how is pretty fun in its own right.

This Torino has the same paint and upholstry color, probably the same engine and exhaust system, so if you substitute a cargo bed for the back seat and fastback it's pretty close to exactly her earth mode, save for the Torino style light green reflector "laser stripes" instead of the Ranchero's plain colored vinyl.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2023
    wasprider and evildice like this.
  7. Amazon Climber

Amazon Climber Wholesomely Depraved

8. Daytripper

Daytripper Connoisseur.

9. Lord Raa

[​IMG]

10. Autocorruptor

Autocorruptor Corrupting Innocent Grammar

11. Czlyydwr Llrngwl

and SB's Metallix666 came back with an awesome comics/TF:Animted style drawing, with the various non-car bits detailed up too. I'm just waiting on permission to post it, since it was sent to me in e PM, but if you heard a happy, near-ultrasonic squeal at around 5:15 PM EDT (adjusted for the speed of sound to reach your location) that was probably me.

e: Permission granted!

[​IMG]
    Many thanks to Metallix666 for this!

Last edited: Jun 8, 2023
  12. Lord Raa

13. evildice

14. Autocorruptor

15. Amazon Climber

Amazon Climber Wholesomely Depraved

16. JudgeKing

JudgeKing I trust you know where the happy button is?

Gundams (Left to right: RX-78-1 Prototype Gundam, RX-78-2 Gundam, RX-78-3 Gundam "G-3", RX-78-4 Gundam "G04", RX-78-5 Gundam "G05", RX-78-6 Mudrock Gundam, RX-78-7 7th Gundam)
    [​IMG]

17. Lord Raa

18. evildice

Oh my god, his face is literally Chad.

EDIT: tax image

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 12, 2023
  19. Lord Raa

20. evildice

21. Lord Raa

22. evildice

[​IMG]

wasprider, D'waawwu, GunSmoke and 7 others like this.
  23. Lord Raa

24. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

My immediate thought is Hela, not 'female Odin,' but I don't think Hela had Hugin and Munin.

evildice likes this.
  25. evildice

Yeah, between the crows and the way one eye looks fake I see an Odin reference.

26. Autocorruptor

27. Lord Raa

On Tuesday, I will have been in my job for five years, to celebrate with the co-workers, I've been baking.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

28. Czlyydwr Llrngwl

Hmm. Now I want cupcakes. I like making them using the inherited general purpose chocolate cake recipe, but subbing half the white sugar with brown and 1/3 of the cocoa powder with cinnamon. Yummy choco-spicey-brown-sugar goodness.

Like a muffin tray full of
    [​IMG]
    Especially if you add some white frosting and blue sprinkles, or take a blue deco icing squirter and draw the
    < /
    [> ^ )
    < \​
    manually

edit: typos
    edit 2: link to a similar recipe to the base one I modify as above, though I'll have to try the espresso powder and using boiling water for myself. I also typically make half the amount specified here, since I'm only filling a single toaster-oven sized pan of cupcakes.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2023
    BF110C4, wasprider, GunSmoke and 4 others like this.
  29. Autocorruptor

30. evildice