• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

The SFW image thread

Sysadmin: "Can't get a maintenance window until next week".

UXN3Eta.jpg

Yeah, that's either the most metal proposal or the most metal wedding (looks more like a wedding, given the clothes and the vow) I can recall seeing. Wow.

Both adorable and awesome. Thank you.

I think the black and white photo is of general Mclallen of the US civil war. If so that makes the joke funnier because he was something of a failure as a grand strategist. May not be him and if it is I likely spelled his name completely wrong.

I think the black and white photo is of General McClellan of the US civil war. If so that makes the joke funnier because he was something of a failure as a grand strategist. May not be him and if it is I likely spelled his name completely wrong.
Yes, I presume that's the joke. Strategy-boos would probably know about the guy, and so he is saying his fellow gamers think he sucks.

So what's the origin of the meme of the guy on the heat sensor with a boner?

I think the black and white photo is of general Mclallen of the US civil war. If so that makes the joke funnier because he was something of a failure as a grand strategist. May not be him and if it is I likely spelled his name completely wrong.

Yes, I presume that's the joke. Strategy-boos would probably know about the guy, and so he is saying his fellow gamers think he sucks.

To be fair, the guy's a pretty good trainer of troops, just not really great at the whole actual fighting thing... and to be honest just like how I play strategy games. :oops:

image tax:
blue_screen.jpg

To be fair, the guy's a pretty good trainer of troops, just not really great at the whole actual fighting thing... and to be honest just like how I play strategy games. :oops:

image tax:
blue_screen.jpg
Yes very good at training armies. Not so much fighting a war with these armies. It was said that he created the army that others used to win the war.

Yes very good at training armies. Not so much fighting a war with these armies. It was said that he created the army that others used to win the war.
The thing with McClellan is that he was, well, paranoid about the Confederates taking Washington DC (which led to the fortifications around DC to be some of the strongest in the entire war, if not the entire planet) while the main army was away. It was always at the back of his mind, chewing at him. The discovery and decryption of Special Order 191 (which led to the Battle of Antietam) didn't help much either. When you take that into account, you can see why McClellan kept retreating or not pursuing a good portion of the time. Basically, due to how slow messages were taken to the battlefield, he always thought that Washington DC would be attacked soon by another Confederate army!

On a slightly unrelated note, it's kinda hilarious that every general on the North American Continent that had been billed as the "Napoleon of the West" (McClellan and Santa Anna), had less than glorious military careers.

Image tax:
bceefd28-032a-4bed-b525-758224bbca07.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back