1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice

The War Chronicles of a Little Demon (Youjo Senki alt)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Sunshine Temple, Dec 25, 2021.

1. macdjord

macdjord Well worn.

Comma after 'up'. And I think you mean 'commanded'.

'were' -> 'had been'

'slowing' -> 'slowed'

I think 'rough' is supposed to be modifying 'equivalent'? In which case it should come after 'Elenese'.

Interesting that she doesn't list 'more capable'; with radar, the physical size of the receiver is a major limiting factor, which is why AWACS birds have those huge, awkward dish-shaped antennas on their backs. I guess scrying doesn't suffer from any similar limitation?

averagejoe32 and Sunshine Temple like this.
  2. Sunshine Temple

Sunshine Temple Not too sore, are you?

Made all the corrections, but the last, as I see rough is modifying the phrase "Elenese equivalent"

Not as much no. (with a key exception as discussed later) Which is how there can be a Ritual Plate suit that works as an equivalent Recon bird.

That said one of the reasons Diyu Houses will sortie multiple Recon suits (or planes) (if they have them) is they can get them flying in a spread formation where their scrying systems are doing the analog to aperture synthesis (as seen with synthetic aperture radar , sonar, and telescopes) to where they can collect signals from multiple areas to simulate a far larger platform.

That's another reason why BlackSkyvian doctrine uses such heavy data sharing over the battle space as that allows Flight Ops to do processing to get an overall picture from the many scrying systems. (And the other Houses copy this as well)
    That said simply by being bigger and having more mass to play around with the Yaryla can have a lot more capability or be a lot less expensive for the same capability (or some mixture of the two)

macdjord and averagejoe32 like this.
  3. macdjord

macdjord Well worn.

The suit cannot be roughly Elenese; it either is or isn't. It can, however, be roughly equivalent.

If I understand you correctly, you are trying to say 'the design that serves the same job in the Elenese army as our Occultia, more or less'. The clearest way to phrase that is 'Elenese rough-equivalent'.

averagejoe32 and Sunshine Temple like this.
  4. Sunshine Temple

That us true, but that last phrase sounds a bit awkward. Maybe "the Elenese suits the rough equivalent" would work best.

macdjord likes this.
  5. Extras: Omake on the other side: Double Demons
    Sunshine Temple

Here's another one I wrote and can be read on WrandmWaffles 's A Young Vampire's Cohabitation Arrangements thread as it crosses with that story.

Where Tauria, her... well he's still cohabiting with her, strickly speaking and her twin sister end up in a... different Chicago.

Double Demons takes place a bit after the Battle of Chicago, in terms of both Tanya's experiences.

averagejoe32 likes this.