• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
I am not sure that medical knowledge, apart from people like Orichimaru, is adavanced enough for people to interstate someone else's stem cells into themselves. Or even know what stem cells are.
In cannon, cell transfer is apparently very simple. Need a power boost? Slap some Hashirama on a wound or something. New Eyes? Just shove them into the sockets.

I really wish that it'd been written with a more myth/magic explanation.

Kishi was a small time mangaka at heart, forced into a world far larger than he was prepared for by the success of his work.
Much like Kubo.

Of those that were called "the big three" in the west, only One Piece is lucky enough to have a mangaka who's capable of coping on that scale.

Kishi was a small time mangaka at heart, forced into a world far larger than he was prepared for by the success of his work.
Much like Kubo.

Of those that were called "the big three" in the west, only One Piece is lucky enough to have a mangaka who's capable of coping on that scale.
Kishimoto made a wonderful Manga that should have ended shortly after the Pain arc.

If it'd ended there and given him some time to think things through, maybe talk shop with a few other Manga-ka, that would have probably made a much stronger followup.

If only Naruto had been a trilogy, basically.

Without any doubt, Kishimoto deserves respect. It's the things he did well that draw attention to the things that he did not.

Kishimoto made a wonderful Manga that should have ended shortly after the Pain arc.

If it'd ended there and given him some time to think things through, maybe talk shop with a few other Manga-ka, that would have probably made a much stronger followup.

Without any doubt, Kishimoto deserves respect. It's the things he did well that draw attention to the things that he did not.
Mm.
The cutthroat schedule of the manga world forced him to run when he should've been allowed to walk, and all the rushing negatively impacted loads of stuff.

Mio would hate Danzo, to begin with. There'd probably be some brain-washing involved, and then Mio would be fine with everything.
Why would Mio hate him? Danzo is a publicly respected elder ninja who is kind enough to share his home and food with after her clan's tragic fall.

What would happen if Danzo adopted Mio?
Oh dear light.
Do you actually know who Danzo was in canon?

Let's spell it out. He is a bitter old warhawk, a traitor to the leaf, a torturer, a kidnapper, a man who will have his own people killed for his own pride, and a man who will force hard choices because he's the kind of hard man who won't flinch at making them. He does not trust. There is no love in his heart.

He is worse than all of the Uchiha elders. If Mio is lucky, he won't tear her eyes out and fake her death, before handing her over to Orochimaru as an experimental subject.

He is dangerous, cruel, and selfish. If killing him is not an option, stay as far away from him as possible.

I actually have quite a bit of respect for Danzo... and I would respect him more if he didn't do all that stuff behind the Hokage's back.

I've actually read quite a few fanfics that has him does a lot of the same things, but likable.

Oh dear light.

Let's spell it out. He is a bitter old warhawk, a traitor to the leaf, a torturer, a kidnapper, a man who will have his own people killed for his own pride, and a man who will force hard choices because he's the kind of hard man who won't flinch at making them. He does not trust. There is no love in his heart.

He is worse than all of the Uchiha elders. If Mio is lucky, he won't tear her eyes out and fake her death, before handing her over to Orochimaru as an experimental subject.

He is dangerous, cruel, and selfish. If killing him is not an option, stay as far away from him as possible.
But No one but his own people know that and Mio isn't physic.

Oh dear light.

Well, if you turn your head sideways and squint, his actions look like they are for the betterment of the Leaf.

I mean, mind-whammying the lord of Iron at the convention of Kages? Fucking ballsy. Likely to blow up in his face, but ballsy. And it's not really his fault that trying to get Legendary Ninja Hanzo on his side ended up with one of the youngsters they were killing growing Rinnegans. And okay, the Kabuto thing ended up biting him in the ass, but none of his OTHER child soldiers flew the coop (excep Sai I guess) and really that can mostly be laid at the feet of Orochimaru's scary weird charisma. And the Uchiha massacre did, in fact, stop a coup; he just did it in the most assholish manner possible, like none of his other elite operatives could do it and it had to be Itachi murdering his family.

He tried to kill Sasuke, but Sasuke was foiling all his plans and being a traitorous dick at the time so that's pretty Leaf-neutral.

Naruto's quality dipped just about the moment that Kishimoto's partner in creation (who went on to do 666 Satan) left. I think together the two of them could have coped and kept each other on track... maybe?

I actually have quite a bit of respect for Danzo... and I would respect him more if he didn't do all that stuff behind the Hokage's back.

I've actually read quite a few fanfics that has him does a lot of the same things, but likable.
Oh, by no means take my words to say that he's a bad character. An Evil, Evil man, yes. A traitor and a monster.

But damn if he's not a brilliant character. And driven, too. I mean look at him: No bloodline, nothing like that, but he still made himself into a real powerhouse of a Ninja.
But No one but his own people know that and Mio isn't physic.
You mean psychic, and that's not relevant.

If Mio came under his control, nothing good would come of it.
Well, if you turn your head sideways and squint, his actions look like they are for the betterment of the Leaf.

I mean, mind-whammying the lord of Iron at the convention of Kages? Fucking ballsy. Likely to blow up in his face, but ballsy. And it's not really his fault that trying to get Legendary Ninja Hanzo on his side ended up with one of the youngsters they were killing growing Rinnegans. And okay, the Kabuto thing ended up biting him in the ass, but none of his OTHER child soldiers flew the coop (excep Sai I guess) and really that can mostly be laid at the feet of Orochimaru's scary weird charisma. And the Uchiha massacre did, in fact, stop a coup; he just did it in the most assholish manner possible, like none of his other elite operatives could do it and it had to be Itachi murdering his family.

He tried to kill Sasuke, but Sasuke was foiling all his plans and being a traitorous dick at the time so that's pretty Leaf-neutral.
If only he wasn't such a constant traitor.

Well, actually, if only the Sandaime Hokage was actually willing to slap a bitch. I mean, really. That Kakashi arc in the Anime, and Hiruzen still does nothing? It strains belief.

Well, given how utterly spineless the Hokage was then, it almost lends Danzo some legitimate reasoning.

Whyyyy does my brain instantly jump here?

I would have enjoyed Danzo kneeing Sasuke in the gut mid-sentence like he did in that epsiode. I would have liked that a lot.
If only he wasn't such a constant traitor.

Well, actually, if only the Sandaime Hokage was actually willing to slap a bitch. I mean, really. That Kakashi arc in the Anime, and Hiruzen still does nothing? It strains belief.

Well, given how utterly spineless the Hokage was then, it almost lends Danzo some legitimate reasoning.
I'm frankly baffled why Hiruzen put the kibosh on ROOT in the first place. You don't just forcibly dismantle your black ops division just because it's peace-time. I suspect Hiruzen just really, really wanted to be a man of peace after kicking everybody's asses in the Second and Third Ninja Wars.

But even if you do that thing, you don't just dismantle his support structure but leave him with his dozens of highly trained, fanatically loyal muppets. That's just begging for him to do exactly what he did; go underground, and assume his own mandate to help the Leaf in whatever zany way he decides to do.

That's like on the level of the Shodaime's brilliant 'Let's give everyone nuclear weapon monsters, surely this is how peace is achieved!' plan.

Last edited:
I would have enjoyed Danzo kneeing Sasuke in the gut mid-sentence like he did in that epsiode. I would have liked that a lot.

I'm frankly baffled why Hiruzen put the kibosh on ROOT in the first place. You don't just forcibly dismantle your black ops division just because it's peace-time. I suspect Hiruzen just really, really wanted to be a man of peace after kicking everybody's ass in the Second and Third Ninja Wars.

But even if you do that thing, you don't just dismantle his support structure but leave him with his dozens of highly trained, fanatically loyal muppets. That's just begging for him to do exactly what he did; go underground, and assume his own mandate to help the Leaf in whatever zany way he decides to do.

That's like on the level of the Shodaime's brilliant 'Let's give everyone nuclear weapon monsters, surely this is how peace is achieved!' plan.
ANBU is Hiruzen's black ops division.
ROOT was always Danzo's private black ops division.

ANBU is Hiruzen's black ops division.
ROOT was always Danzo's private black ops division.
It was still a subdivision of ANBU, though. Blackest of the black, sent on only the most deniable of missions, reporting only to Shimura and through him Hiruzen.

Or that's the impression I always got.

I'm frankly baffled why Hiruzen put the kibosh on ROOT in the first place. You don't just forcibly dismantle your black ops division just because it's peace-time.
The problem was that it wasn't his black ops division. That was ANBU. ROOT was Danzo's black ops division, who were quite happy to kill loyal leaf nin for very little reason.

The Hokage is supposed to command the loyalty of all ninja of the leaf. That's how a command structure works: The one in charge is in charge. ROOT, however, followed Danzo. They were set apart from the Village, and that's not healthy for anything.
I'm baffled that Hiruzen allowed ROOT to begin in the first place.
I would be highly hyped if Danzo decides to make MIO his successor and started teaching her. :cool:
Danzo was never portrayed as the kind of man who makes allowances for anything that might happen after his death. Having a successor goes against his nature: Selfish, and untrusting.

Danzo was never portrayed as the kind of man who makes allowances for anything that might happen after his death. Having a successor goes against his nature: Selfish, and untrusting.

There's actually a fic about that. It was pretty awesome.

And Danzo can trust people! Especially those that he trained, of course...

He's a ninja. Of course he doesn't trust anyone he doesn't hold in the palm of his hand. This isn't a negative!
I'll point out that the list of people he hasn't mindbroken and enslaved includes many of Konoha's best Jōnin, and the Hokage.
He is not the person who gets to make decisions for the greater good.

and really that can mostly be laid at the feet of Orochimaru's scary weird charisma.
I think it may have actually been Sasori that mucked up Kabuto. Being brainwashed to follow two different people against one another is not a very stable state. Orochimaru was the one who picked up the pieces.

I would be highly hyped if Danzo decides to make MIO his successor and started teaching her. :cool:
Behind the curmudgeonly, old, emotionless war hawk front Danzo showcases is the soul of of FABULOUS individual. Only MIO has proven worthy to be his successor.

Danzo was never portrayed as the kind of man who makes allowances for anything that might happen after his death
Patently false. He did set up a dead man switch on himself to NOPE the entire surrounding area.

Immediately avenging oneself is clearly the only proper post mortem eventuality to plan for.

In cannon, cell transfer is apparently very simple. Need a power boost? Slap some Hashirama on a wound or something. New Eyes? Just shove them into the sockets.

I really wish that it'd been written with a more myth/magic explanation.
If it is just bullshit medical magic, why go for the stem cells instead of the eyes directly?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back