• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
Honestly, I see the battle of Itachi starting with us suddenly bleeding out and on the floor as he moves on to more pressing targets, the blood's going to be there, at which point we'll just be praying that whomever we end up at has medical abilities, the speed of our handsigns will not matter at that point. I mean, wouldn't you silence the loud mouth with some potential but not a lot of experience, whom also isn't really being watched all that closely (inside the compound) first?

IF he does come for us directly (cause like I mentioned, it happened during a time when Sasuke, and thus we, would be at the Academy), he's going to MS us for sure, since it's the one thing we can't copy or see 'coming' so it would kill us for sure without giving us a chance to react.

Mio may be quick-fingered by certain standards, but I doubt she's anything but ham-handed by standards like those of Itachi. Itachi, one of the two peeps that'd be murdering her, most probably. I rather think their standard is the one that matters here.

Besides trying to shrink down the time it takes to do the hand seals, there's the 'the more familiar with a jutsu you are the less hand signs you need to do' angle. We've flat out seen handseal-less summoning done. The question is... how do you work on that, with a technique that if you perform it you'll remove the utility function that you wanted in the first place? I'm thinking that Storage Seals and other nonliving summoning might be the ticket. There's Tenten and other weapon hoarders, there's Kotetsu and Izumo with that hammer-shell thing - something might work there, for a bullshit Uchiha genius to use to crib experience with a trick she dare not yet use.

Past making the hand seals faster and reducing the number needed, there's a third angle to approach the impending problem; ensuring Mio survives long enough to apply said skill. After all, no matter how fast she may get, I doubt we'll be surprising Itachi or Obito with it, not without some luck. Rather than rely on that, I'd rather like to look at the well established field of 'staying alive when you shouldn't be/healing things that should be killing you' field that is Medical Jutsu. The trick here, is that Danzo's going to be the one giving Itachi the orders - and with his obsessive use of Root, there's no chance Mio could go learn from hospital peeps without that then being listed on her dossier when it's handed to Itachi alongside everyone else's. Somewhere between 'Hiding actual ability in official lessons to the point you don't seem like you're making the cut' and 'finding a sufficiently sneaky and innocuous roundabout route to getting medical training', I think there's an answer. It might involve making friends with at least a Hyuuga - I imagine Root's got standing orders regarding how to avoid detection around them, and that just might be enough to let some genin hide their actions.

So in short; if we want to do all we can to ensure Mio survives THE MASSACRE, she needs to:
  • Work for finger dexterity and general handspeed of the sort that Itachi would be impressed by (while well aware we almost certainly aren't gonna hit that mark).
  • Dabble in all matters summoning besides the official contracty sort to get as familiar with the method as possible.
  • Pick up Medical Jutsu in a fashion that doesn't alert whatever ROOT assholes are on rotation to watch a semi-notable Uchiha.
  • (Potentially) Make use of Hyuuga Byakugan-ness as a ROOT-away system of sorts.
  • (Potentially) Hang around notable and cool-guy Jounin that both could detect such watchers, and dislike their presence.

That... actually doesn't seem all that challenging as a to-do list, nor does it look like the kind of stuff that'd chew up quest update space if one tried to implement it; nice!

Danzō Shimura's family, we keep Mio's friends close and her Enemies closer! then after the massacre we get adapted by the Shimura clan.
I think he meant 'what family' in the 'where's your proof he has any left alive, given that them all being dead would be thematic to his character' sense.

Unless I missed something/there was a later series filler thing, Danzo hasn't ever been hinted to have any living family.

So in short; if we want to do all we can to ensure Mio survives THE MASSACRE, she needs to:
  • Work for finger dexterity and general handspeed of the sort that Itachi would be impressed by (while well aware we almost certainly aren't gonna hit that mark).
  • Dabble in all matters summoning besides the official contracty sort to get as familiar with the method as possible.
  • Pick up Medical Jutsu in a fashion that doesn't alert whatever ROOT assholes are on rotation to watch a semi-notable Uchiha.
  • (Potentially) Make use of Hyuuga Byakugan-ness as a ROOT-away system of sorts.
  • (Potentially) Hang around notable and cool-guy Jounin that both could detect such watchers, and dislike their presence.

That... actually doesn't seem all that challenging as a to-do list, nor does it look like the kind of stuff that'd chew up quest update space if one tried to implement it; nice!

That's a list based on knowing that massacre is coming, and attempting to either defeat it or fight it directly.

I'm pretty sure it's not a thing that we can find out (or should be attempting to deal with ourselves).

That's a list based on knowing that massacre is coming, and attempting to either defeat it or fight it directly.

I'm pretty sure it's not a thing that we can find out (or should be attempting to deal with ourselves).
Right, but I don't know that you even can do a quest set in a known setting like this without such concerns coming into play - and everything on that short bullet list is easily IC-viable.

Getting better at getting jutsu out fast is a known valuable commodity to ninja, something the Uchiha are kinda sorta good at, and also can be practiced in a variety of ways someone like Mio might enjoy.

The summoning jutsu was set up in-character to be attention and interest grabbing, while the 'can't do this yet' part was made real clear. It seems entirely feasible for Mio to want to figure that stuff out with such a setup as that.

I honestly don't know that I even need to explain why 'the ability to heal oneself' would be of interest to someone going into a career involving many fights to the death with superhumans.

Well, yes, but consider the direction MIO's been going with her choice of jutsu and skills.

Do you see her doing an about face for no reason (short of there being a vote about it)? And even then, as Academy students we're very likely not going to get access to healing type jutsus and actual use of the Summon Jutsu uses tons of chakra. It's MUCH better used for that emergency first-time-use-only escape.

[X] - "So; don't do the thing I just memorized unless I'm okay with a lottery pick of some crazy animal group which may or may not try to kill me for the sudden appearance - got it. Not what I came here for, though."
-[X] - Explain that you think its horsecrap you only have words, posing, and your own body to grab attention when you want to be fabulous and eye-catching, in action or word. This is clearly horseshit, and word on the street is that mister muscles is the premier guy for twisting reality to properly emphasize his actions when he wants attention. Mio want, and Mio want bad.
--[X] Compare the two again, just to be sure, but... huh. You were totally not expecting mister totally-not-bodypaint to be the supreme flaunter here, but there it is. Pester the both of them about this, as whatever else it is what they're doing is a core attention-grabbing system, and that's clearly up your alley

Mio has to have either bitchin' reserves of chakra, or the most efficient Sharingan ever to have it on all the time.

Honestly, it's where my "Mio's reserves are so large that they're never full cause the Sharingan is always on" idea came from.

IF he does come for us directly (cause like I mentioned, it happened during a time when Sasuke, and thus we, would be at the Academy), he's going to MS us for sure, since it's the one thing we can't copy or see 'coming' so it would kill us for sure without giving us a chance to react.
No, he is not going to use one of his most intensive genjutsu on an academy student, no matter how promising. Not when he has bigger fish to fry. He's not backed by the kyuubey or such nonsense and has to budget his chakra. Well, as long as we never admit to HAVING a way out, he's just going to gank us like a fish and move on.

No, he is not going to use one of his most intensive genjutsu on an academy student, no matter how promising. Not when he has bigger fish to fry. He's not backed by the kyuubey or such nonsense and has to budget his chakra. Well, as long as we never admit to HAVING a way out, he's just going to gank us like a fish and move on.

So, you're saying Itachi is going to make a mistake by giving us a chance (because we have the Sharingan active at all times so genjitus don't work on us and the only way to hide from us is to be in a direction we're not looking) instead of making 100% sure we're dead.

I mean, sure it's possible. Heck, maybe one of the people involved wants to have our eyes since it seems to consume very little chakra to keep active.

So, you're saying Itachi is going to make a mistake by giving us a chance (because we have the Sharingan active at all times so genjitus don't work on us and the only way to hide from us is to be in a direction we're not looking) instead of making 100% sure we're dead.

I mean, sure it's possible. Heck, maybe one of the people involved wants to have our eyes since it seems to consume very little chakra to keep active.
You are a trained assassin, and have less then one night to kill an entire compound, and also have to accomplish this without the rest of the city catching wind until it's too late. You are going to give a surefire fatal wound and move on without waiting around for the target to die. And since the chosen weapon in this setting is a knife, it's not going to be done via decapitation. Death comes because nobody realizes that people are dead until it's too late to save the ones from the beginning.

I feel like Mio would take far longer than Sasuke to get home from the Academy, just because she doesn't particularly have anything to look forward to about the district.
Like, "arriving well after Sasuke gets Tsukuyomi'd", as a matter of course.

Last edited:
Honestly speaking, Itachi's mission is "kill all of the Uchiha." Do you really think he'd miss those that just so happen to NOT be in the compound?

That is sounding actually more likely that that'd happen, now that I typed that. That is a lot of people to keep track of, and it's quite likely that Sasuke wouldn't have been the only one out of the compound, canonically. How IS Sasuke the only survivor? Now, I applaud Itachi's bureaucratic skills even more than his assassin skills.

Well, if all else fails...let's hope we get enough forewarning when he attacks us to use Last Resort Summoning Jutsu.
If nothing else, he can say we may well be dead after that, and that pursuit was impossible. :p

Last edited:
You are a trained assassin, and have less then one night to kill an entire compound, and also have to accomplish this without the rest of the city catching wind until it's too late. You are going to give a surefire fatal wound and move on without waiting around for the target to die. And since the chosen weapon in this setting is a knife, it's not going to be done via decapitation. Death comes because nobody realizes that people are dead until it's too late to save the ones from the beginning.

But that's the point - You're saying that Itachi will give us a chance to avoid a fatal wound in this case because of the special properties that MIO has (has Sharingan on at all times), because he's in a rush.

I'm clearly refuting it because I don't believe he will risk any of the parties he's with going back on their word and killing Sasuke for him not holding on his end of the bargain.

You know, this is an event from way back in the series (relatively speaking), when most everyone seemed to have far, far less chakra to throw around.

It's entirely possible Chibi-Reaper goes with the interpretation of 'no seriously, Mangekyou techniques are not easily afforded, chakra-wise or otherwise', and Itachi flat out wouldn't have enough chakra in him to do his share of the clan killing, to Tsukiyomi his bro and also Tsukiyomi someone else. Per that - and the fact that generally speaking the earlier series' lower chakra values helped keep the setting from breaking apart at the seams so easily - it'd stand to reason that he'd view that as an unacceptable expendature. And, let's be honest, he is more than good enough to have a bevy of ways to instagib us.

On the flip side, Mio's Sharingan situation basically means she's gotta have Madara (at equivalent age) levels of bullshit chakra volume, so... we may grow into one of those loan bastions of spam bullshit in a more spartan setting as a result of what we are. Could be neat - so something to keep an eye out for.

You know on that note...

Actually if Mio's chakra is so large... what's to stop her from getting binoculars, getting atop the Hokage monument, and just perusing all the open fields in the assorted Training Grounds? That'd put her far enough away that only far seeing Hyuuga/particularly wary Aburame might pick her out and even that'd be a stretch; There should be townscape between her and any given training ground from such a vantage point, and inside a given ninja's home village, well... like I said, it'd be the rare already-scouting/sensing-specialized ninja that'd detect her, I figure. Sure, she'd be restricted to the binocular's narrower field of view, and also only really able to look at the clearings of Training Grounds... but that's what we want. Most of the time, training grounds see the bigger, weightier techniques in a given ninja's repertoire used in precisely the kinds of open areas Mio could get a gander at. Less collateral damage that needs maintenance to keep the fields viable and all that.

Even doing it just a couple hours every few days, she could rapidly collect a healthy sampling of assorted techniques from practicing genin, chuunin and jounin.

And even in the worst case hypothetical that somehow binoculars fuck with Sharingan's ability to read chakra flow, she'd still be memorizing the handseals on top of seeing the technique's result. I'd venture that for the majority of techniques she might peep, that's all she'd need to wheedle in-person demonstrations out of fellow Uchiha. I mean, everything we've seen about the clan regarding their handling of those they label 'genius', they're more than happy to try and uplift someone that might soon make their clan look even more impressive. Failing that, Mio is kind of good at manipulation, and there have to be at least some Uchiha ninja sufficiently washed up/don't give a fuck that they'd do it anyway with sufficient pressure from a family member.

And again - totally in character as a thing for her to do, as among other Mio-minded benefits this is the fastest way to learn things that let her directly demonstrate her own percieved awesomeness to any plebs that don't grok her fabulousness.

tl;dr: Mio should become a diligent peeper of the likes that'd put Hinata to shame - it's for her own good, and something she clearly wants to do.

[X] - "So; don't do the thing I just memorized unless I'm okay with a lottery pick of some crazy animal group which may or may not try to kill me for the sudden appearance - got it. Not what I came here for, though."
-[X] - Explain that you think its horsecrap you only have words, posing, and your own body to grab attention when you want to be fabulous and eye-catching, in action or word. This is clearly horseshit, and word on the street is that mister muscles is the premier guy for twisting reality to properly emphasize his actions when he wants attention. Mio want, and Mio want bad.
--[X] Compare the two again, just to be sure, but... huh. You were totally not expecting mister totally-not-bodypaint to be the supreme flaunter here, but there it is. Pester the both of them about this, as whatever else it is what they're doing is a core attention-grabbing system, and that's clearly up your alley.

You are assuming that there is something inherently special about our eyes. I think it is far more likely that it is our body that adapted to our eyes. It is like a muscle, do to our Sharing in being on all the time, we have an absurdly strong "Sharingun muscle." And even if our eyes are special, it is canon that any non-Uchiha with a Sharing in use far more chackra then an Uchiha. Our eyes probably won't work with anyone else. The most likely person to target is for our eyes is Orichimaru.

Actually the eyes are part of the central nervous system so it would take any mad scientist/medical nin would aim for is to collect Mio's stem cells and transplant into themselves or anyone else.

Last edited:
Unless I missed something/there was a later series filler thing, Danzo hasn't ever been hinted to have any living family.
Man, imagine Danzo in some kind of It's A Wonderful Life filler episode. He learns the value of Christmas, or something.

What a mindfuck that would be.
I feel like Mio would take far longer than Sasuke to get home from the Academy, just because she doesn't particularly have anything to look forward to about the district.
Like, "arriving well after Sasuke gets Tsukuyomi'd", as a matter of course.
And now I'm imagining the Massacre like a sports commentator.

"And Itachi picks up the spare, so close to a perfect game! I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't see it myself, sports fans!"

Man, imagine Danzo in some kind of It's A Wonderful Life filler episode. He learns the value of Christmas, or something.

What a mindfuck that would be.
You know, to date I haven't run into an instance of that sort of thing in ficcage that I didn't like... even the parody style 'shove Danzo and Naruto in a closet for like an hour, come back and boom, he's crying and befriended and remorseful and all that jazz' stuff.
And now I'm imagining the Massacre like a sports commentator.

"And Itachi picks up the spare, so close to a perfect game! I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't see it myself, sports fans!"
The craziest part is that Good Boy Tobi is nutty enough he might actually do that for shits and giggles.

Actually the eyes are part of the central nervous system so it would any mad scientist/medical nin would aim for is to collect Mio's stem cells and transplant into themselves or anyone else.
I am not sure that medical knowledge, apart from people like Orichimaru, is adavanced enough for people to interstate someone else's stem cells into themselves. Or even know what stem cells are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back