• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Upcoming Pruning of Dead Accounts

Might as well do this, since I don't really post all that much.

Who knows, maybe nothing will go wrong or Murphy might be in for one hell of a party.

It's like a gacha, but without the waifus.

Hehehehehehehe! Only tehelgee knows what i'm going to be doing when this takes effect.

As penance for my dastardly plans, have a joke! Not my best work, but it's spirit burns brightly...

A firefly!

Warning shot fired!

A preliminary ban was issued to all accounts that will be affected by the pruning. If your account did not get banned, you will not be hit by the pruning(for the reason that I will be setting a required criteria that the account is banned).

As the notice says, if you did get banned, pls use the 'Contact Us' form at the bottom of the page to resolve the issue.

Warning shot fired!

A preliminary ban was issued to all accounts that will be affected by the pruning. If your account did not get banned, you will not be hit by the pruning(for the reason that I will be setting a required criteria that the account is banned).

As the notice says, if you did get banned, pls use the 'Contact Us' form at the bottom of the page to resolve the issue.
Came here to make a post so I wouldn't have zero posts, found this post and realized it was unnecessary.

Other than than I'm sure there's a dozen more splinter sites from SB over the last two decades but either never got off the ground or are so long ago I've never heard of them. In general SB is the main hub, SV the left leaning clone, QQ the lewds, Sietch the rightys, and FiC the deadbeat Chihuahua.
Nyanarchy is another that comes to mind, but it's hard to distinguish "SB family splinters" from "sites with similar audience to SB and consequently a lot - relatively speaking - of audience crossover". (Never mind "sites with significant SB-family influxes that overshadowed their non-SB origins".)

Then there's the AH.com family (much of which is admittedly gone), which is otherwise entirely unrelated but also has a lot of audience crossover...

Seems perfectly alright to me, though I feel bad for any lurkers that might get caught up in this (at least they have some forewarning)

ehh came her to genraly read storys but if proof is needed that I am no bot hope this suffice for now

also I might annoy people but where can if I have completad all steps for account activation?

You know, am surprised that you actually prune, because on the surface, doing so actually contradicts one of the website's rules, to be specific rule number six prohibiting the deletion of an individual's account.

You know, am surprised that you actually prune, because on the surface, doing so actually contradicts one of the website's rules, to be specific rule number six prohibiting the deletion of an individual's account.
They didn't prune any accounts that had posts, or even any that had actually finished email registration, just completely unused accounts.

If someone commented a lot and that account gets deleted it will make things go wonky with the software (just with the mass comment deletion the result is either the server slows down a lot until it can rearrange the post numbers or just gives up and dies). So if someone were to ask for deletion they will get a big fat "No" aka rule 6.

That issue doesn't come up with no-post-ever accounts who never has completed the full registration process... and if they aren't fully registered why not delete them?

Just wondering what exactly is the point of deleting them?
What's there to gain?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back