1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Vamprinny Quest [Disgaea/Hellsing]

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Guile, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

[x]This.

But this is Awesome we're a badass. The guys in this castle are supposed to be stupid high level.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  2. Bobs Beard

Bobs Beard Over-analyzes things - sometimes this works out

Stupid high?

Pish posh, they were only in the low hundreds with no equipment, in low-tiered manifestations, and with no indication they'd lived past lives that would be bulking their power. I don't think it's fair to compare them by pure level against the level range of the main quest, as the main quest is largely where you 'cut your teeth' on the massive power levels that the Disgaea settings entail. Vulcanus, or Aurum, or fake Zenon-none of them are ACTUALLY level 80-90. I mean, just for one, how could Mao's father's HAND be level 1200ish, but the slayer of that demon is not even in the triple digits?

I think it's more accurate to take them against the relatively consistent levels shown by post-game characters that recur across games-Baal, Laharl, etc. And by THAT metric, they MIGHT qualify as being shitty-ass demon lords-I'm talking, the prinnies of demon lords-not to be confused with Overlords. And since Disgaea's definitions of power allow for massive variety in Overlord power (see Baal, Tyrant Valvatorez, True Zenon, Zetta) it's not unreasonable to say that what we killed isn't all that, at all.

Then again, this is all based on the assumption one can actually assess actual strength metrics by trying to... realify? a game that's frankly delightfully campy about it's power leveling. As such it's a farce from the get-go. I for one fully expect any demon even in the RUNNING to be an Overlord could absolutely wreck us-but our regen lets us cheese a great deal of less powerful foes.

Anyway. Rant over.

3. Deathwings

Deathwings Questionable French Guy

[X] … Okay? Needs a hat, though. Can’t rule all I survey without fine headwear. Something that would be good for moonlight strolls-there is a moon here, right? Excellent.
    - - [X] It’s been a while since I last ran a country. How does this go again-impale everyone that disagrees with you and prop them up like scarecrows, sow fear and misery, something like that? ...What's that look?
    - - [X] What was that-there's a coffin behind the throneroom, and the room's got stained glass windows? Dibs. ...There's a body there already? We can clear that up!

4. Ardion Prosili

Ardion Prosili Lover of Horned Women

[x] HAT MANITORY

Don't care about the rest :V

5. Darik29

Darik29 Verified Delicious

[X] … Okay? Needs a hat, though. Can’t rule all I survey without fine headwear.
    - - [X] It’s been a while since I last ran a country. Let’s get to it.
    - - [X] What was that-there's a coffin behind the throneroom, and the room's got stained glass windows? Dibs. ...There's a body there already? We can clear that up!

6. R.A.G.

R.A.G. Well worn.

7. Guile

Guile Clothes That Kill Virgins

You run a flipper through your new hair antennae. You send out some penguin minions to secure a hat for you. Something ornate, preferably, but anything stylish will serve. Unfortunately, there is an almost criminal lack of fine headgear on the premises. You have your pick of a stylish yet nearly full-bodied skull mask, and a floppy hat with ears like a cat. Neither quite portrays the desired effect.

Etna offers a hat that, with its blue color scheme and distinctive bill, may simply be prinny-themed, or may actually be the cured leather upper half of a prinny’s head.

“You got me a scalp! How thoughtful.”

She buffs her nails on her skimpy leather top. “I try.”

Your minions also locate an old Stetson in a storage room that, with a pair of holes in the cloth and a ring of bullets around the brim, looks fully capable of leaping off your head and devouring the unwary.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [X] You’re hungry, it looks hungry… Wear the Voracious Hat!
    [X] Prinny wearing a prinny? Avante-garde!
    [X] Wearing a funky skull mask like it’s Halloween every day, and you’re giving out candy, and the candy is bullets
    [X] There’s a reason you made up a little girl form. Kitty-hat :3

You settle your new hat into a rakish angle, and adjust the hair extensions – now sticking out of the hat - so that they’re folded back properly. After a good fight like that, you’re feeling strangely mellow. You’re not used to seeing that much of your own blood anymore. Dozens of competent fighters, and they all had some trick they pulled out, determined to chop you into pieces too small to come back together. They didn’t go down quickly, or easily. If they had been better used to fighting together rather than simply alongside one another, you might have died in truth. And after all that, you’re going to go out and do it again. And again, and again.

It’s a nice feeling.

You’re going to want a place to sleep, and the castle has a prime location just off to the side of the lengthy throne room. You miss your magical coffin. Steadfast and loyal, your genial, ambulatory oak monster had been with you through thick and thin. Still, your new resting place is all but perfect; handsome mahogany – or is it that odd indestructible zaqqum wood? – furniture, stained glass windows, and the room comes with its own coffin. You’re not entirely sure why coffins make such comfortable beds, but you know this to be true.

Perhaps unsurprisingly - for that is the purpose of coffins – there was already a corpse inside. Well, no matter.

“Prinnies,” you command, “take this and throw it out with the garbage.”

They were halfway through their task when the demoness that had… created you? Summoned you? Whatever the case, the demoness found you again.

“Oh, so that’s where the old Prince got to!” Etna declares as the prinnies huff and puff, dragging the blue-haired boy down the hall by one leg each, thumping one fist into her open palm in remembrance. “Hold on a second.”

She leans over and does… something. You can’t tell quite what, the angle is wrong. “Here you go, Prince. That old title is just no good, you know? No-Life King… sounds like somebody that stays home alone when everybody else is out partying. This’ll do the trick.”

[Title Get: Demon Prince]

“Sure, why not,” you say. “Etna, let’s walk. I have a few questions.”

“Sure thing Prince,” she says immediately. It’s interesting how she can seem to be simultaneously obedient and mocking. Part of her charm, you suppose.

“So. This place: not Hell?”

“Well sort of, I guess,” Etna thinks hard. “It’s called the Netherworld. Lots of demons and lava, we fight it out with Celestia sometimes…” “

Note to self: invade Heaven sometime.

“We get influxes of evil souls like you guys, and we stick ‘em in exploding penguin suits, because…” she scratches her head. “I dunno, it’s funny, I guess.”

“Wait, we explode?”

“Sure! Hey prinny number 7, get in here, I need an example!”

“Master Etna? What do you want d-ohgodno!” The girl would be a demon on the soccer field with a kick like that, no doubt. Heh. Because she’s a demon.

Get it?

The penguin demon cleared the entire throne room, well over 30 feet before slamming into a wall and detonating with a thunderous explosion. A pair of prinnies that had been passing by tumbled like nine pins from the concussive blast, only to also hit a solid surface and explode.

Yet another prinny – alerted by the explosive deaths of his comrades – shows up with mop and bucket to start scrubbing the blackened walls with a manly sigh.

“That was fantastic!”
    “I know!”

You could actually see his soul exploding. Blood is the life is the soul. They’ve always been connected, such that you’ve only ever been able to see the others through their interaction with the bit of primary interest to you. But prinnies are basically just solidified, evil soul.

“Uh, anyway, what else…” Etna taps her chin with a fingertip. “Sometimes we get human heroes that swing by wanting to kill the Overlord until somebody kills ‘em.”

“The Overlord being…?”

“You know, the Overlord. The big cheese, high muckety muck, strongest demon in the land. You, once we beat up enough demon lords to make it stick.”

Really…” you’re looking forward to it. “Ah, yes. And what sort of things would we be facing?”

“Well, all sorts, really. We've got giant enraged boar-men called Nether Nobles. Really, just jumped-up orcs but they've bashed in enough heads that most pretend they're actually something different. Um, so great big meat shields that hit hard. Most of them stick to the flatlands, where they can bully lesser demons into collecting food and treasure for them. They love their treasure."

“Boring.”

“Yeah, that’s about right- but if you want to start a war chest, they’re one of the richer groups out there. Money-grubbing idiot called Hoggmeiser is their leader. There’s also dragons, you’ve already met one. Kind of an idiot to fight indoors when he could just rain down fire from the sky. They hang around the lava lakes mostly, really like fire. There’s a big name among them, real Demon Lord type, but I never bothered to remember it – not like it matters, right Prince?”

“It would be nice to put the name beneath the skull when I mount it on a wall.”

Etna jerks a thumb at the dragon head sitting pride of place at the apex of the throne, which is being redecorated. “Like that one?”

You smile. “I’m thinking of starting a collection.”

“Right, right, what else… ghosts, wraiths, spirits, shadows – intangible guys.”

You inspect a gun – more of a hand cannon - grasped in a single flipper. The poor lighting glints off the silver beauty. “Are you trying to say bullets would not, in fact, be effective?” Bullets always help. You just need enough of them.

“No no, of course not.”

“Carry on,” you wave her on.

“The big ghost-type around here is this fence-sitting old fart Snaurgh. They like to stick to the badlands, and probably picked it just because they hate getting visitors and no one wants to go to a place that shitty. We've got golems - actually, we have tons. Metal knights with fire-faces, big clumps of animated earth, living tree-stumps, all kinds of things. They have a couple Demon Lords among them.”

Her normal capricious demeanor gains a decidedly venomous look. It’s almost endearing. "And then there's the Nosferatu, led by that scum Madaras. Before you get any ideas, I'm calling dibs on being the one to rip out his spine!"

“Dibs noted. First: Nosferatu?”
    “Yeah.”
    “As in… vampires?”
    “Well… yeah. What else would it mean?”

Hm… You inquire idly, “And what type of monster are you?”

She gives a long, drawn-out sigh before replying with the greatest reluctance, “Succubus.”

You muse thoughtfully, “I thought your type were called incubus.”

“What? No,” she pauses. “Prince, what sex do you think I am?”

“Well, isn’t it obvious? Women do so love boyish good looks like yours. Why, I remember Walter…” you think a few moments. You’re actually having trouble recalling the man’s face. But you’re pretty sure he was a pretty boy, whatever he looked like.

”I’m a girl,” Etna hisses in rage.

“Oh.” You consider that. “Created to catch child lovers, then? Tough luck.”

Etna grabs the sides of your head with suddenly-lengthened claw-nails that bite into your ‘skin’. You’re honestly paying more attention to the way her ruby eyes have become glowing yellow-orange pools of hate, pupil and sclera both.

And then your point of view is off. It seems the girl actually tore your head from your stumpy body in a shower of dark, almost black blood.

“Aaaaand now I have a boner. Super awkward,” you comment. “Wait, do I? Turn me around a bit, let me see m- I see I am now living as a Ken doll.”

“Holy crap!” She briefly juggles your head from hand to hand, like she doesn’t want to hold it anymore. Her vengeance achieved and rendered by and large pointless, Etna seems to be more curious again. “Prinnies aren’t supposed to have all this blood, I think.”

You’d like to shrug, but lack shoulders. Your body holds out its flippers expectantly. “Would you mind putting my head back on my- thank you.”

“You are really creepy, you know that Prince? Ooh, I always wanted a closer look at this guy!” Etna’s mood whiplashes are impressively severe. Mercurial doesn’t even begin to cover it.

The girl’s target is a white spear standing upright with a pair of axe heads flanging the central shaft – more appropriately called a polearm, you believe. Set in the recesses between axe and spear heads are a pair of golden eyes and a ridiculously bushy unibrow.

“I am quite impressive,” the spear admits. It turns, very slightly, to catch the firelight better on its white surface.

Talking weaponry. That’s pretty weird, even by the standards of this place.

“Oh yeah, you’re coming with me,” Etna coos at it.

“Miss, I am the spear of the late, great King Krichevskoy. I do not simply allow myself to be wielded by the first demon to come along-”

“Yoink!”
    ---
    Laharl twitches and shifts. He feels stiff, like maybe he slept just a little too long, but lethargic enough he doesn’t want to get up and do something about the heat. Luckily, when you’re the Prince of the Netherworld, you have minions to do that for you. “What idiot turned the heat up?” you grumble into your pillow. “Somebody open the window!”

And something is poking him. Did his coffin get a spring poking out? No matter how he tries to get comfortable, tossing this way and that, he can’t quite get away from it.

“Ugh, fine,” he whines. “I’m up, I’m up! Can’t a guy get any rest around here?”

Laharl finds himself bobbing gently on the swell of the lava lake beneath the Overlord’s Castle,atop a fairly large pile of newly-made corpses that serves admirably as a raft. Most of them burned up in the 1600 degree heat, but plenty of demons were tough enough not to go up in flames from a little heat. The dragon directly underneath him, for example, was poking him something awful.

His question is answered by nothing except for a quiet fwoosh as one of the less-robust corpses goes up in flame.

Laharl looks around at the active caldera he finds himself in, confused.

“What the hell happened?”

There's still the matter of where you (Alucard) are going next:
    [X] Money is a good thing to have, I suppose (Nether Noble)
    [X] Fire! Fire! (Dragons)
    [X] You've never killed something that's already dead and STAYING dead before. It'll be a new experience! (Ghosts)
    [X] Pick a golem, any golem (Dark Knight, Treant, Lantern, Golem)
    [X] More trash ruining the name of vampire? You can't escape them! (Nosferatu)
    [X] There's also this humanoid demon around, but Etna can't quite remember his name. Dark... something or other?

Selias, KnightofMor and Hellkite like this.
  8. Selias

Selias Well worn.

[X] You’re hungry, it looks hungry… Wear the Voracious Hat!

Holy crap, we're Abridged Alucard. Awesome!

9. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

[​IMG]

- - [X] Try and ASSUME little girl form!

10. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

[X] More trash ruini[X] There’s a reason you made up a little girl form. Kitty-hat :3
    - - [X] Try and ASSUME little girl form!ng the name of vampire? You can't escape them! (Nosferatu)

11. Happerry

Happerry The Song to the Flame

- - [X] Try and ASSUME little girl form!

12. Hymn of Ragnarok

Hymn of Ragnarok Well worn.

[X] Prinny wearing a prinny? Avante-garde!

Etna, as always, is a delight. Ahhh, Disgaea, I love you so.

I am tempted to back the little girl form, just because Flonne oughta be extremely amusing when we encounter her. Or Laharl approving of our unsexy body. Buuuuuut I like me some fine prinny hatwear.

Also, if we stopped being a prinny and instead became a little girl, this would cease to be Vamprinny Quest. Do not want.

13. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

Oh hoe... but Prinny-Tan? as in Girl form of Prinny?

14. Hymn of Ragnarok

As I recall, almost as androgynous as the normal prinnies, so it seems kinda pointless.

Hmm....considering like what we probably normally look like, maybe wearing another's prinny's head will make us cuter. I can just see Flonne saying, "Wow, that hat really softens your features! You're so much cuter this way!"

Etna: "She does realize you're wearing a real prinny's head, right...?"

15. Selias

Selias Well worn.

http://disgaea.wikia.com/wiki/Big_Sis_Prinny
    Yep.

16. Bobs Beard

Bobs Beard Over-analyzes things - sometimes this works out

[X] Prinny wearing a prinny? You haven't gotten to wear a skull-helm in ages, and a prinny scalp's the next best thing!

17. Guile

Sorry guys, after you subdue your first Demon Lord and return you can start buying back Prinnycard's more esoteric skills, including advanced shapechanging. But at the moment, you're stuck as a prinny.

You can still wear the kitty-hat, of course. Alucard likes to feel pretty sometimes.

18. Hymn of Ragnarok

Can we swap headgear out as we go?

...Who can we humiliate as our hat-rack? Too late to turn Longinus into it, but I'm sure we can draft someone or something fun into the job.

19. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

[​IMG]

"Are you implying I'm not pretty~?"​

20. Guile

Who can't you?
    Well, you do have a very nice smile.

21. Hymn of Ragnarok

Mid-Boss. That wily bastard keeps getting away!

22. Ardion Prosili

Ardion Prosili Lover of Horned Women

Imma go with the [ x ] Kitty Hat for now but I suppose a quirk of ours can be hat collecting, if only to pine for our old hat (which better be a legendary item yo)

Now on who to raid first....choices choices....Getting money means being able to get things (like hats), dragons, ghosts, treants, dark knights, lanterns, etc etc are prolly fun to fight, but if we want fun it'd be good to go kill a faker vampire too. For now though, it might be best to get money, as to later completely overpower the faker vampire like we used to do in series.
    [ x] Hoggmier or whatever. GET MONEY.

for sake of buying back abilities, does hoggy count as a demon lord?

23. R.A.G.

R.A.G. Well worn.

[X] Hungry hat

[X] Nosferatu

quick question, will we be able to upgrade our hat?

24. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

[x]Hungry Hat
    [x]Let's get some Pork and Money!

Also Aparaently Laharl's Alive. And Etna's stole his title....

Welp that's gonna haunt us.

25. Scia

Scia Not too sore, are you?

26. Hymn of Ragnarok

Hmm...actually, maybe we shouldn't go after Nosferatu first. Madaras and the like were stronger than Hoggsmier, and we don't have all of Alucard's abilities.

If the minions of the castle are considered stronger than Madaras, then we're peachy. If Madaras as a Demon Lord is considered stronger than them....rough times.

Also, did we kill the guys running the item store? If so, darn, that'll be a shame.

27. Guile

Yep.
    Sorry, you'll have to buy new, fancier hats.
    Only a little.
    Prinny Castle run by prinnies, for prinnies.

Maybe.

28. Fallenblades643

Fallenblades643 Canned food pls?

[X]Kitty hat~

[X]Money means I can buy things right? Yeah, lets go with money.

29. R.A.G.

R.A.G. Well worn.

Aw...I was hoping for hungry hat that would act as inventory / eat items :(

30. Hymn of Ragnarok

Yeah, switching from Nosferatu to cash. On one hand, we have more surprise on our first target. On the other hand, Mardaras is most likely to be stronger than us, and I'd like us to have regained some more power first.

Or improve our aim.

[X]Money means I can buy things right? Yeah, lets go with money.