1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Video Games General

Discussion in 'General' started by Smuthunter, Mar 25, 2017.

1. aquinas

aquinas I trust you know where the happy button is?

...and now we learn Bayonetta 3 contains edgelord Luca who gets it on with the Lady Witch. It's like that one Buffy episode where the nerd turns into a super spy.

Couldn't they have gone with Enzo, that'd at least have been funny?

2. JohnnyZ

JohnnyZ Giggity-Giggity-Goo

Can someone recommend a stpry/fanfic similar to Desert Stalker and Hot Sand of Antarctica.

3. Melmar

Melmar Should probly stop sayin' words

Disgaea 7 trailer

New gimmicks seem to be characters going into a super giant, can't actually fit on the map mode and item reincarnation which lets items get stronger while retaining properties from previous incarnations. Like a sword that used to be a shoe increases mobility or eating a gun that used to be gum.

4. Bear_Mint

Bear_Mint The LewdBringer. The Breast Observer.

Sounds wacky. As expected of Disgaea.

Looks like Melonn22 (Barghest artist) is doing two summons for D7
    [​IMG]

Jomasten, Mistodon, wasprider and 7 others like this.
  5. AllyDoodle

AllyDoodle Lewd Cthulhu

One reviewer got super salty because not only did Luca tap that Umbra ass he also:

Put a baby in her.

6. Malcolmo

Malcolmo Insert custom title here

Melon "I want "bigger then my head" to be the standard for big" 22 does a lot of really good art. It's normally to a certain taste if he's doing it for himself but man is it good. Great clothing damage stuff as well.

(His games aren't quite as good, they're better the less gameplay he has you do but they come with pretty solid art to make up for it)

7. Vanargandr

Vanargandr Connoisseur.

Luka and Cereza having the hots for each other has been a thing since Bayonetta 1 why is anyone surprised? She and Jeanne are more like sisters if anything

Actual sisters, not anime sisters

I am just mad Bayonetta 3 is BAYONETTA IN THE MULTIVERSE and there's not a single Bayonetta raised by Balder alternative

8. Jomasten

Jomasten GIVE US TIAMAT OR RIOT!

So memes aside, I've been caught up in the hype of the open-world (maybe) aspect of Forspoken (from the trailers I could see), Squenix's latest game that surprisingly ISN'T Final Fantasy.

So now I've a case of wanderlust. Anyone know any good games that is fairly open world, and lets you have a fairly good amount of terrain movement?

imb4 Genshin Impact recommendations

9. heralding_bubble

heralding_bubble Liar and Hypocrite

Breath of the Wild?

10. Jomasten

HAve it, played it, still waiting on BotW 2.

11. Anonnermus

Anonnermus UnDedicated Lurker

Ys IX mebbe. Gotta earn a lot of your mobility options though.

Ys VIII is good too but it has less free mobility then IX does.

Digital_Devil likes this.
  12. Velk

Velk Brok3n1s

Persona 5 Royal: What are my options for gaining kindness and charm?

I maxed out what I can do with Sojiro for now so passively gaining charm by advancing his confidant is not an option, I know the bathhouse can increase charm but I’ve been focusing on Mementos stuff and the Sun Confidante and I know mopping at La’Blanc can increase kindness as well as taking care of the plant.

13. zhilai

zhilai I trust you know where the happy button is?

Tower confidant (September unlock), Rafflesia part-time job. Also the usual books/movies/games.

Digital_Devil and Velk like this.
  14. Rexis12

Rexis12 Experienced.

So like...

What happens in Bayo 3. It's been out for a week and I've yet to like really see any memes or videos of it like e how people were gushing about DMC V when it came out 'Pull My Devil Trigger's was like a meme for it's whole entirety before Vergil's theme came about.

So like... Did it just release and people forgot about it?

luxus345 likes this.
  15. heralding_bubble

heralding_bubble Liar and Hypocrite

Oh, it's out? I've heard literally nothing about it after the VA drama.

16. Rexis12

Rexis12 Experienced.

I know right?!

I haven't even seen any memes or, most damning of all, R34 of any of the new or older characters.

Joke saside, it's shocking quiet for a game meant to be like DMCs main rival.

luxus345 and searcher8 like this.
  17. Jamesson Locke

Jamesson Locke Best Chunnibote

Iirc they fucked the pooch bad.

To the point some are guessing that the VA was trying to warn people about how bad it was.

searcher8 likes this.
  18. vyor

vyor Oh that's cute

Bayo 3 was fine, it's not as good as the others but it's not terrible.

19. Nervaqus987

Nervaqus987 Well worn.

Alright, spoilers ahead;

So, the plot of Bayonetta 3 kicks off with some undefined gribbly killing Bayonetta in the Game 1 costume.

This is Singularity. A literal fucking AI that Skynet'd his original reality and discovered the existence of parallel worlds, he decided the only reasonable thing to do was to go multiverse Highlander and destroy other realities to try and seize control of the full power of the World of Chaos. To that end, he's been hunting down and killing Bayonettas, calling her "Arch-Eve."

The Bayonetta we're playing is enjoying a peaceful day and is then promptly jumped by Singularity's Homunculi army, who notably are not in Purgatorio. There's a big fight and when Bayonetta summons Gommorah out of the dog house to finish some off, he refuses because he's a picky fucking eater and only wants Angel flesh. Bayonetta, utterly tired of his shit, uses a spell called Demon Slave to force Gommorah to eat anyway.

After a big flashy battle, Bayonetta is in Rodin's shop to work out what to do about these yahoos, at which point Violet shows up. Violet serves as exposition dump and explains basically what they are, what they want, and what to do about them(track down some Umbran/Luman artifacts called Chaos Gears to be able to go directly to the "Alphaverse" rather than try and hoof it through Singularity's controlled realities.

Bayonetta and Violet go to the island of Thule that the Witches and Sages made to study parallel realities while Jeanne goes looking for a "Dr. Sigurd" who Violet says is important.

While on Thule, Bayonetta goes her own way and tells Violet to go keep an eye on Luka(who also showed up as he does) while she hunts down Chaos Gears.

Bayonetta proceeds to go through a variety of levels in parallel worlds and meets alternate versions of herself(Bayonetta in Tokyo, Ancient Chinese Bayonetta, Egyptian Princess Bayonetta(my personal favorite), and French Phantom Thief Bayonetta, all of whom fucking die in the course of the story.

While fighting Singularity and his goons across the multiverse, Bayonetta is forced to use the Deadly Sin ritual several times, which involves ripping her heart out to super charge her demons.

While this is happening, Violet tracks down Luka who is turning into a werewolf for unknown reasons. Eventually she meets an alternate Luka called "Lukaon" who is a faerie king. When Violet is about to be killed by Werewolf Luka, she basically Devil Triggers.

Meanwhile, Jeanne is fucking around in a spy minigame trying to find Dr. Sigurd and eventually gets him and drives off into the sunset.

The three meet up and try Dr. Sigurd uses the Chaos Gears and Thule to open a path directly to the Alphaverse so Bayonetta can throat kick this problem. Her, Violet, and Luka(who has gained control of his werewolf form) get going while Jeanne and Dr. Sigurd stay behind to make sure that Singularity doesn't blow up their portal.

There's a flashy boss battle and it turns out the Singularity they thought they were fighting wasn't actually Singularity. Dr. Sigurd turns out to be Singularity and then kills Jeanne.

Bayonetta and co are trapped in the Alphaverse, but Lukaon shows up and helps them out revealing that Luka is the Arch-Adam to Bayonetta's Arch-Eve.

Bayonetta gets back to her reality and fights Singularity in a big flashy final boss battle. During which time, she punches him so hard the quantum ghosts or souls of all of the dead Bayonetta's(and Jeanne) show up to help beat the shit out Singularity. This goes on for a while, then Singularity gets fed up of the violent gangbang and banishes/kills them all. Regular Bayonetta keeps fighting him and eventually the Bayonetta's from the First and Second game show up to help. They beat the shit out Singularity for a hot minute, do some kind of fusion dance, beat the shit out of him some more, and eventually the extras get got and regular Bayonetta is running on fumes.

Because while Singularity may not have been quite the foe that Jubileus or Loptr were, he graduated with top marks at the Freeza school of "This isn't even my final form!"

Violet and Luka show up to help and Violet is revealed to have been (an alternate) Bayonetta and Luka's daughter. A fact that was transparently obvious to fucking everyone long before this, thankfully including Bayonetta and Luka. Bayonetta pulls out one last Deadly Sin, summons Gommorah and finally beats Singularity.

Unfortunately, while Singularity collapses into a black hole, Gommorah slips his leash AGAIN and prepares to kill Bayonetta, who's basically exhausted and defenseless. Meanwhile Violet is getting sucked into Singularity's death spasm and Luka agonizes before saving Violet while Gommorah claws Bayonetta's soul out of her body.

Luka gets back in time to have a moment with Bayonetta before she's dragged to hell and he joins her.

Violet then gets jumped by the collected dark emotions and such of all the murdered Bayonettas of the multiverse and has a last fight with Dark Eve Bayonetta. She wins and resolves all of the negative emotions of the Bayonettas, who has a moment with her, tells Violet she's a grown up Umbra Witch and gives her the name "Bayonetta."

At the epilogue, Violet is shown doing jobs for Rodin, who makes a comment about how if she isn't also doing well in school he'll catch an earful from her parents. Most fans have decided this means Luka and Bayonetta aren't "Wandering scared shitless for eternity" as the first game stated, but have gotten a position of power and become demon lords in Inferno.

Which, to be fair, there are lore entries of people who did exactly that, notably Madama Butterfly. So, not exactly wishful thinking.

Anyway, as a game I really liked it. It has the flash and flair you'd expect of an entry in Bayonetta, the additions to combat such as the Demon Slave are more fun than I was initially expecting.

I've got more than a few problems with the story* and the side content is honestly mediocre, but it's still a fun game. Still working on getting the scratch together to beat up Rodin.

*Surprisingly, Violet isn't one of them. She looks like someone's edgy SI, but she's honestly a dork and I kinda love her for it?

20. Malcolmo

This sounds like a pair of children one upping one another lol.

"Well I'm just going to summon more versions of me to help me beat you!"
    "HA well I'm going to reveal yet another form to defeath those versions you summoned"
    "Well I've got even more versions for backup."
    "Yeah well I have another form"

It's hard to take seriously.

21. vyor

vyor Oh that's cute

... It's Bayonetta.

22. SwiftRosenthal

SwiftRosenthal Connoisseur.

AIUI, the two sources of drama were the VA thing and tumblr getting fuming mad that their Bayo/Jeanne ship was sunk.

UnthinkingWisdom, Rakdos92 and vyor like this.
  23. Digital_Devil

Digital_Devil Attack and dethrone [YHVH]

Really? The only negative thing I heard is a bunch of people mad Bayo isn't full lesbian. I remember Hellena Taylor speaking out to boycott the game because of her pay, but she turned out to be lying about most of what was going on.

24. Malcolmo

And? It's impossible to take seriously even by the standards of Bayonetta or games like it. Which is pretty impressive all things considered.

25. Rexis12

Rexis12 Experienced.

I guess Bayonetta 's lack of any real story direction kinda bit it in the end.

Although I'm surprised that they actually went through with Luka and Bayonetta hooking up. That's pretty swell that Yuri Lowenthal has his goth gf.

26. Selias

Selias Well worn.

27. Lykaia

Lykaia Well worn.

I'd give Skull & Co. a look as that's where I got my Switch stuff from.

Selias likes this.
  28. Raven1138

Raven1138 Experienced.

29. Selias

Selias Well worn.

Not exactly what I was looking for, but this might actually be better.

30. Jomasten

Venyr4434 and searcher8 like this.