1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Video Games General

Discussion in 'General' started by Smuthunter, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Raven1138

Raven1138 Experienced.

Worst you have to worry about is a cringy script. On the technical side, this is the sort of game so well optimized that you have to be trying to drop below 60fps with all the Ray Tracing bells and whistles.

2. vyor

vyor Oh that's cute

Assuming you don't have something akin to a 2060 or 6500XT at any rate.

3. Velk

Velk Brok3n1s

Well… it’s on Switch and I got distracted by Borderlands 2 and my Badass token grinding.

I’ll probably play it tonight and post my thoughts.

4. Velk

Velk Brok3n1s

Played through the first level, fucked around a bit and enjoyed the level. Part way though the second level before stopping, the panzerhound is pissing me off so I am taking a bit away from the game before working my way through the Riverside level.

The sisters are so cringe and the black girl, forgot her name atm, is best girl because she is keeping the story together and is cute. I think the sisters are so so bad, in such way that it don't turn me off but I will reserve final judgement for later.

It's very obvious it's made for multiplayer, but the single player is serviceable beyond the panzerhound being a walking knob that is fucking me over. ...And the KomanderKnob could be closer to the front for me to kill.

5. Knightfall

Knightfall Nui Harime lover, Cynic, and Archivist

Hey hey people.

visus likes this.
  6. Bear_Mint

Bear_Mint The LewdBringer. The Breast Observer.

Kek. Not even Sseth can keep a straight face when saying his lines.

Malcolmo likes this.
  7. SerpentEmperor

SerpentEmperor Not too sore, are you?

What game should I buy for my annual Christmas Purchase?

I always only buy one game which is for sale for my Christmas Purchase with a typical set of rules:
    1. Discounted price of at least 50%
    2. One Hour of Game play for every dollar I spend if it was full price
    3. There has to be a good story or setting to it. LIKE no ass pulls or like stories that don't make sense from the logic of the game.
    4. Tends to be an RPG or something interactive so that I can customise the characters. I'm Asian and want games where I can represent myself. It always gets tiring seeing games filled with or where the main character is a white person.
    5. Is usually about a year old or so that any bugs can be fixed by now.
    6. Typically can buy most if not all the DLC at once though I prefer a game without DLC. I've learned my lessons from developers that just asking for money for DLCs
    At the moment I currently play Crusader Kings 2, Europa Universalis 4, Fallout New Vegas, Mass Effect 1 to 3, Dragon Age Origins and 2 and Deus Ex Human Revolution.
    Does anyone have any games they'd recommend for me?

Last edited: Dec 24, 2022
    searcher8 likes this.
  8. Rakdos92

Rakdos92 Goosh Goosh

Age of Wonders is a turnbased strategy game, and I have wasted plenty of hours into both story and skirmishes. I think AoW3 (even if I haven't played it yet) is a worthwhile purchase. You might also want to check AoW: Planetfall out if you are more into Scifi settings.

1. The AoW franchise bundle has a 70% discount on steam, same for the AoW Planetfall bundle.
    2. I spend like at least 100 hours in this game.
    3. ... there's a lot of lore for the units? And the various species of AoW are dealing with each other's shit, I guess?
    4. Oh, is it ever RPG. You can customize your character by picking the species they lead, what kind of magic they use, you can gain hero units that you can specialize and equip with your own created tools, there's a lot.
    5. AoW3 was published in 2014, AoW Planetfall in 2019. Also, Triump Studios are good developers, I think they fixed whatever issues were present.
    6. All dlc is done, I believe. No news

Last edited: Dec 24, 2022
    Rivan9000 likes this.
  9. Jomasten

Jomasten GIVE US TIAMAT OR RIOT!

[​IMG]

10. Bear_Mint

Bear_Mint The LewdBringer. The Breast Observer.

The most based devs in the industry. When they saw that there weren't enough lewds of their character, they decide to lewd her themselves.

11. Jomasten

Jomasten GIVE US TIAMAT OR RIOT!

How do you mean? They're only just promoting their Steam winter sale with an impressive 30% discount while showing off their main character and some of the enemies you could encounter in-game! :V

searcher8 likes this.
  12. Scygnus

Scygnus Well worn.

So, I put a physical version of Shredder's Revenge on my christmas list, and got it.

And underneath the artbook and stickers that were in the case, I found... a free coupon for a personal pan pepperoni pizza from pizza hut.

I'm still giggling. They sure know their audience.

13. Rivan9000

Rivan9000 Versed in the lewd.

I second this. At least try the first one which after getting through 2 and shadow I still think is the best one.

Haven't decided how I feel about AoW 3 yet. Only finished the first map and got my shit kicked in on the second.

Though to be fair I did a stupid.

But yeah, all of them are good but they will kick your ass if you fuck up.

Rakdos92 likes this.
  14. Hunter 1

Hunter 1 Know what you're doing yet?

Oh, if you know why they did it, it's even better.

See, Shredder's Revenge is very much a love letter to the classic 80's/90's TMNT games, and doubly so to the beat 'em ups like the two arcade games... and their ports.

Specifically, the NES port of the original arcade game (which was named Teenage Mutant Nina Turtles 2: The Arcade Game) had a special surprise in the box for the first run or two: a coupon for... a free personal pan pizza from Pizza Hut (since there was some cross-promotion between the two back then).

Yes, the whole reason Shredder's Revenge has that coupon in the physical versions is because it's one gigantic throwback to the NES days.

15. TheFabulousCustodes

TheFabulousCustodes Versed in the lewd.

Anyone interested in Dredge? Looks like a neat little game.

Jamesson Locke likes this.
  16. rx915

rx915 Experienced.

In case you want to play this.

17. Rivan9000

Rivan9000 Versed in the lewd.

Welp, I’m starting fire emblem 3 hopes.

Let’s hope it goes well. Gonna do Claude’s story first.

18. AllyDoodle

AllyDoodle Lewd Cthulhu

I have no interest in the game itself, but I still find it hilarious that they used THAT meme to advertise it.

eppsilom likes this.
  19. Renko

Renko Look closer ~☆

20. Velk

Velk Brok3n1s

Pokémon VS/SV, don’t know which is the goto grouping:

I get everything is essentially open-world, baring ‘Cycle restraints and whiting out constantly, but is there a preferred order of doing things?

Doing the First ‘Titan’ and then Team Star before talking the first gym or what?

Also, how difficult are the one star raids that appear on the map?

Also, I bet the two professors had some of the best hate sex when they conceived Two-Tone.

21. Hunter 1

First, general rule for Pokémon game name abbreviations is use whatever order official sources do, and this time around that means it's SV. (Yes, that can get confusing whenever you're dealing with people who spend time on a certain trio of forums, but you just need to deal with it.)

Generally, try to do things in rough level order... but there's no way to tell that before actually doing it, so that can be difficult to find out.

In general, going west and east both offer the same general level of challenge, but you should save the Team Star bases for after you do the gyms and Titans "before" them. Once you get hit the poison base, you're meant to go around the north side of the map starting from the west; notably, the Fighting base is the toughest base, the ghost gym and ice gym are a tossup as to which is actually more difficult (ice is higher level, but ghost is all double battles and is otherwise a traditional, straightforward gym complete with a few trainer battles and no other nonsense), and the titan on the lake in the northwest is the toughest titan in the game.

As for raids... lol, 1 stars being difficult? Give it a little time and you'll consider them barely worth the time it takes. Heck, the same holds true for 2, 3, and 4 star raids given enough time; it's once 5 star raids start appearing in the post game that you need to start really paying attention. 6 star raids (exclusive to the post-post game) are about the point you need to start building Pokémon specifically to handle raids, and 7 star raids (require completion of a couple 6 star raids and a active raid special event) outright require them.

tldr for raids: higher Star counts means higher levels, and more tricks the raid target can use (for example, having access to between 5 and 8 moves instead of the normal restriction of 4).

UnthinkingWisdom and Velk like this.
  22. Velk

Velk Brok3n1s

…Well, I let a Snom with a Dragon Tera-Type get away then.

I was more worried because I never did raid stuff in Pokémon.

23. Hunter 1

Yeah, if you do enough of the classes you'll eventually learn that there's a way to change a Pokémon's Tera Type, although once you try to do it you'll find it pricy, requiring 50 Tera Shards of the desired type (and for context, that's somewhere in the range of 10-20 raids worth of shards).

As for Snom... here's a little fact. Any raid that isn't part of a special event will only select Pokémon that are in your version of the game, although sometimes you might need to evolve something else to get them. Also note that this only hold true for raids you find in the wild, but if you go through the Poke Portal's raid interface it's rather obvious which raids come from the other version.

Another interesting fact: unlike the raids in Gen 8, if a Gen 9 raid reaches the point where it lets you throw a poke ball, that throw will result in a catch... so feel free to use a weak but nice looking ball, as it will succeed. (Also everyone in a raid gets a independent chance to catch the raid target, and one player's choice has no effect on any of the other players.)

UnthinkingWisdom, Velk and vyor like this.
  24. Scygnus

Scygnus Well worn.

A bit of a personal question I'm curious about.

Do social situations in games make you feel super-awkward sometimes? Like, you avoid 'romance' options and when the quests turn talky you sometimes avoid playing the game for a while because the conversation makes you as uncomfortable and stressed as it would IRL?

I mean, not even mentioning games and parts of games where the conversation is ACTUALLY awkward, whether because it's poorly written, the conversation lacks the option of what you'd actually say, your character's opinions and attitude don't match up with you at all, or the subject matter is just awkward by default.

25. Lykaia

Lykaia Well worn.

No, I've never had an issue with that.

26. Derek58

Derek58 Rocket Punch is Best Punch

Nah, at most I start cringing in sympathetic embarrassment when a character does/says something dumb.

27. Renko

Renko Look closer ~☆

Nah. I find some of them to be dumb actually.

:V

28. vyor

vyor Oh that's cute

That is not normal nor mentally healthy.

29. NameOrdane

NameOrdane Lurker: The Socially Awkward

I've recently picked up dark souls and it's been fun. However, something I recently found out is that bosses sometimes drop items that don't go straight to your inventory. And that if you die/homeward bone before picking it up, that item is deleted. So when I beat the stray demon after a 5 minute fight and used a homeward bone to level up, I was suspicious that I only got a humanity and a homeward bone as an award. Looking it up revealed the previous factoid, so I'm a bit annoyed missed out on a titanite slab.

Other than that though, I'm having fun. It feels much less stressful than bloodborne and elden ring with the slower paced combat. The interconnectivity and exploration is very fun, reminds me of my first bloodborne playthrough.

Argentum likes this.
  30. Rakdos92

Rakdos92 Goosh Goosh

Well, I did it. I managed to reach Floor 40 of the Tower of Barbs and defeat the 4th Don. Now all I gotta do is reach Floor 50, then 100, and then finally 151.