• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Video Games General

Who else is super stoked for Hogwarts Legacy?

I have actually, for the first time, put in for some vacation days just so I can dedicate them to this game. :D

Hopefully the game delivers everything it promises. But the gameplay footage shown by the lucky influencers that got to try it out 1-2 weeks ago is looking pretty damn good in that regard ...
Where Winds Meet

Looks like Ghosts of Tsushima meets wuxia.
Looks awesome. Might be as close as an Exalted game we're going to get. Or Legends of the Wulin, ...

Last edited:
Hopefully the game delivers everything is promises. But the gameplay footage shown by the lucky influencers that got to try it out 1-2 weeks ago is looking pretty damn good in that regard
The game is supposed to deliver that magic school experience all those Harry Potter games were supposed to do right? I can't imagine it would be a hard formula to fulfill.

Not as attached to HP as I used to be, but if the reviews come back as fun here I'll put it on my wishlist and wait for a good sale price.

I'm going to wait until it goes on sale in the future or at least try to get a deal of some sort, but I am interested."
in it.

So I finished Harvestella. I gotta say, that was a taaaaaad more story than I expected from a farming game. Then again, it's more JRPG than farming, really.

As someone put on reddit best to sum it up...
My husband: enters the living room saying, whaaaaat the hell is going on? I thought this was a farm sim, and you are slaying monsters to checks notes climb a space elevator to find your split personality bestie, and save her from a BDSM nightmare prison, so you can grapple with the choice of genocide?
Me: Yup!
Husband: ...
Me: And I just grew an apple tree!

Someone took cues from Yoko Taro, clearly.

But is it any good? Actually good, not 'good for a JRPG.'
Well... It's alright, is how I would rate it.

The farming part is, now that I look back on it, not really related to your dungeon exploring. It will fill your wallet, but most of your expenses are farm-related anyway, so there's that. It's alright for farming.

The dungeon part is not perfect either. Fighting works, but you don't really have a dodge or block button. On that note, you'll never finish a duneon in one in-game day. It's up to you to open the shortcuts as you find them.

The story is where it's best. It start out simple but given my post above, it escalate. Boy does it escalate. And the sidequests, even when involving NPC faces, had a way better story than expected. Heck, there's multiple linked sidequests forming one overall story involving NPCs. As for companion NPCs with unique faces, you'll see them a lot and each got a sidestory sequence for you to watch. And of course, marriage at the end.

You can marry a unicorn, by the way. And no, not a humanoid unicorn. A four-legged animal. And yes, I am serious.

Music is also pretty damn good in my opinion.

Sadly, there's a severe lack of postgame content. Outside of wedding and a optional dungeon that you can reach the deepr levels in postgame only with one nuts hard optional boss.

So, like I said, it's alright. It's fun when you want to see more and there's things to do. But the postgame kinda lack existence so once you finish, that's it. Not like there are festivals either. I would rate it a fair attempt at SE at farming games, but there are areas where they can do better.

Edi: Forgot to say, but our MC also suffer of the protagonist blank-face syndrome. Alas...

Last edited:
I'm honestly disappointed with how people are reacting the actual reviews, not the fake ones, and the people harassing streamers just because Hogwarts: Legacy. Like... People, Rowling had essentially no involvement with the game. Most people are just being butthurt to be butthurt and to get clicks and internet points.

Me? I'll get it if it goes on sale, as I've stated previously.

I'm honestly disappointed with how people are reacting the actual reviews, not the fake ones, and the people harassing streamers just because Hogwarts: Legacy. Like... People, Rowling had essentially no involvement with the game. Most people are just being butthurt to be butthurt and to get clicks and internet points.

Me? I'll get it if it goes on sale, as I've stated previously.

Well, it is considered bad form to hit mentally disabled person and more so if they happen to be brittle on contact (yes its the polite way to say overly inbreed degenerate woke of the twitter sexual preference)

OTOH from what i could get the game is actually finished and won't need 5 update to be up to speed it should have been at launch unlike most AAA of the last decade

After being burned by a early Sports Story review that never mentinned the bug festival it was, I'm pretty much done with them. I'll try to find comments from people that actually play the game now.

Who else is super stoked for Hogwarts Legacy?

I have actually, for the first time, put in for some vacation days just so I can dedicate them to this game. :D

Hopefully the game delivers everything it promises. But the gameplay footage shown by the lucky influencers that got to try it out 1-2 weeks ago is looking pretty damn good in that regard ...

Looks awesome. Might be as close as an Exalted game we're going to get. Or Legends of the Wulin, ...
How was it?

I watched playthroughs and it seems to have delivered what it was supposed to do. Give the magic high school experience.

Nintendo announced the first 3 Etrian Odyssey games are coming to Steam in June and I'm absolutely hype about it. For one I can now play EO3 without having to drop $150+ on it. Two, an opportunity to play the original games is really nice. I like the Untold games, but 2 is definitely lacking in atmosphere from what I've seen of the original. I'm glad to see Atlus putting more stuff on PC, especially if it means more EO and SMT games that are difficult to get now.

Nintendo announced the first 3 Etrian Odyssey games are coming to Steam in June and I'm absolutely hype about it. For one I can now play EO3 without having to drop $150+ on it. Two, an opportunity to play the original games is really nice. I like the Untold games, but 2 is definitely lacking in atmosphere from what I've seen of the original. I'm glad to see Atlus putting more stuff on PC, especially if it means more EO and SMT games that are difficult to get now.

The JP version is doing a promotion with SMT
news0209_guide_img_02.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back