• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Video Games General

Dunno if it's VR angles being off, the controller not quite being what I expect, or what, but aiming is a bit of a pain. Like, I'm better with an actual gun than this, but trying to sight down a pistol in VR the reticle goes all over the place. This is pretty harrowing in Alyx, what with the headcrabs jumping out of nowhere- and now this electrical bastard that scared the shit out of me.

All I'm saying is: Gaben Bless the laser sight.

Try calibrating it.

Playing Angelic Acceptor Alouette and I realize once again how much SaintBomber games spoil me on descriptive text. I can't think of any other games, not even Trails in the Sky, that has so much text for every thing. And most of it's funny, too, which is even more impressive.

And Princess Connect english servers are going down. Unless they are insane enough to make an EoS announcement as a April Fool, big loss for those that liked the game.

And Princess Connect english servers are going down. Unless they are insane enough to make an EoS announcement as a April Fool, big loss for those that liked the game.
Its Crunchyroll they pull this shit all the time. Buy IP, drain cash, dump it

Pity cuz for a mobile it was a pretty comfy game

Example from CR being assholes. Street Fighter Gacha

EnFWeTi.png

I don't think they were doing bad but they weren't doing EXCELLENT GIGA BUCKS, which means its a failure to those assholes.Cygames probably didn't allow them to fuck around their IP and make the experience worse than JP

Yeah, as stated, Princess Connect Re Dive (and the Re Dive bit is important, as it's actually a sequel/successor to the original Princess Connect) had the global version handled by Crunchyroll Games, which... is a mixed bag. On the one hand, they will take risks on some fairly big name but niche mobile games that no one else is touching, but on the other, they have high (potentially unreasonably high) expectations of success, the assumption that people don't need downtime between events (even if they sometimes justify it as "catching up with JP"), and overall the managers/admins of their games seem to have graduated from the Working Designs School of Game Localization.

Cygames is fuckin hilarious

They love Rage of Bahamut so much, as their first game, they still keep the game going on because its super cheap small potatoes to keep it

Also did the Granblue Translation inhouse and kept it up to this day. You are playing on the japanese server. Wish they did it to Priconne but I find it unlikely at this point, also the sheer quantity of stuff to translate

They love Rage of Bahamut so much, as their first game, they still keep the game going on because its super cheap small potatoes to keep it
More accurately it's because anything they make for it can rather trivially be parleyed into their other games. Art? Just copy paste it over to shadowverse after censoring it and if the character is liked enough to other games. (Looking at you Forte and Monika.) Story? Recycle parts of it in either SV or Granblue. I don't know if they also reused voice acting used during the story but it wouldn't surprise me if they'd try to if they could.

Ironically they made no effort to translate or make ROB playable to foreigners after the first attempt at exporting it failed because of bad management from the company they farmed it out to (noticing a running theme here?) nor do they really advertise the original much that I'm aware. Hell they even had a long running semi related manga for it that you probably have never heard about.

That said they're more then willing to disappear stuff without letting people keep copies if they don't feel like they want or like it anymore. The old SV manga got removed from their site and disappeared off the internet likely because they didn't want fanservice really attached to that game anymore.

Its Crunchyroll they pull this shit all the time. Buy IP, drain cash, dump it

I'm not sure why anybody would ever give crunchyroll money unless they were stuck with no real other options.

They took a half-decade to finish rolling out an upgraded app for their anime streaming, they nearly SB'd they're website years back because of a complete unwillingness to actually spend money to upgrade.

Expecting Crunchyroll to be competent, smart and actually do their job is like expecting an EA game to be high quality, finished and not filled with microtransactions.

Same reason why doujin artists sign up with Irodori when any research makes it pretty damn easy to find how scumbag they are

Expecting Crunchyroll to be competent, smart and actually do their job is like expecting an EA game to be high quality, finished and not filled with microtransactions.

I was with you up to this point.

Star Wars Squadrons, Dead Space remake, Mass Effect Legendary Edition, and Fallen Order were great games.

I was considering buying a Steam Deck to serve as a new handheld until I saw a used one in a glass case at a local game store. That thing is FUCKING MASSIVE. It's more than twice the size of my Vita and is even larger than the Switch. I can only imagine it would get tiring to hold after only an hour or less.

I was considering buying a Steam Deck to serve as a new handheld until I saw a used one in a glass case at a local game store. That thing is FUCKING MASSIVE. It's more than twice the size of my Vita and is even larger than the Switch. I can only imagine it would get tiring to hold after only an hour or less.

It's around the same weight as a switch, has better battery life, and can emulate switch games with ease.

Well, since I managed to break my goddamn glasses in two and can't finish Alyx until my new ones come in- or at least the VR lenses I ordered while I had my prescription handy- I started playing Sun Haven mostly.

Definitely taking cues from Stardew, with more complex combat and some adventure elements.

I feel like it's not quite as charming, but maybe it'll boost up a bit once I start getting to know the NPCs.

Managed to beat the slime boss- wasn't easy- but he didn't actually die, I can just walk past him now. And I still wanna know who the guy is that's apparently just floating in him- I assume he's plot-important and I'll eventually get the Morton's Salt to get him out or whatever.

Got a pretty cool-looking mage robe now, planning on carrying on the next part of the adventure arc since Summer has started and I have full iron equipment...

...Aaaaand my crops are randomly on fire.

For a game that markets itself on pure cheesecake (and boy howdy is there a lot of cheesecake) Rabi-Ribi is a very solid platformer with incredibly deep mechanics, is balls hard hue hue hue while remaining totally fair (I just suck) and the blend of shmup and 2d metroidvania platforming works really well.

Got my VR lenses in. Games never looked this clear with my old glasses. Not used to wearing the headset anymore, though, so my forehead hurts.

As it turns out, some crazy modders converted the entirety of Half Life 2, plus Episode 1 and 2, to VR. Also somebody re-converted Half Life: Alyx back so you could play it pancake, so that's nice too- though I'm not sure how well some of the things are going to work like that. It's clear HL2 wasn't intended for VR, but they let you set it up so you can either deal with it like a normal VR game or go back to original. Plus, turning on laser-sights is free, so that's nice. I also recommend turning on auto-pickup, as I spent a full minute trying to find the first pistol. Grip is a problem- easy to get stuck to a ladder because you didn't realize you were gripping the controller, and that includes your gun hand, even with a gun in it.

As a bonus, though, the flashlight no longer takes power, and unlike Alyx's it follows your face instead of your hand so you can still see while reloading. I'm still dreading Ravenholm.

Also, it's free, so if you have a headset, go get it.

Beat Saber's broken the mods again, though I just used the workaround- I'll have to see if it worked once I'm rested.

EDIT: Update.

FUCK JEFF

That is all.

Last edited:
>Tower Defense Game Waifu Game I am playing has a Rance Collab

>How do we deal with Rance in a self-insert game since you know rampaging hyper weapon

>Immediately becomes ghost unable to touch anyone

My sides, they are gone.

Jeff is dead!

After Jeff we have Antlions! In the dark!

Fuck!

EDIT: I take it back. First, the Antlions aren't underground, they're in a busted-out zoo- which is pretty freaky in a few places but not that bad.

Second: They're actually fun to fight. After unloading three whole clips into one and dying horribly the first time, I concluded that MOST of their body is armored, unlike the soft ones Gordon deals with. Dunno if the Combine Rifle or Shotgun would have better luck, but I didn't try.

Fun enough, it only takes three shots to kill one of these Antlions- their legs are vulnerable, one shot to blow off each of them, then their thorax lights up- one shot, boom. Fortunately it doesn't hurt you when it booms, unfortunately it doesn't seem to do anything to the other Antlions either.

They do swarm, but if you're accurate and fast, you can easily take them out before they get to you- I did pretty good. Most of my damage in this zone has come from zombies- and those damn pus-sacks that explode when you get near them.

Last edited:
Tales of Maj'Eyal, or ToME, is getting new DLC at some point~
Lost Land beta Soon™
And there's a list of planned stuff for the release.
>6 new races, two of which have further minor variants:
>>Risen (Human / Halfling), a form of perfect undeath, unique to the Empire
>>Vampire, need I say more?
>>Atroren, elven undeads with .. peculiarities
>>Reptilian Saupur, lizard-like humanoids
>>Draconic Saurpur, lizard-dragon-like humanoids
>>Vessel (Gold / Bone / Steel / Crystal,) a kind of undead construct to house the soul of those whose bodies are beyond repair
>3 new evolutions:
>>Exarch, a powerful undead servant of the Empire, on the same power-level lore-wise as a Lich
>>Ancestral Host, a Saurpur that merged with a core-seed to become treant-like and protect the Imperium
>>Psi-ghosts, Solipsists that fully shed their physical bodies, solely existing as beings of pure psionic power
>3 new classes:
>>Dust-mage, a kind of mage specialized in using sand and stone
>>Graverobber, a rogue that learns some necromancy and ice magic to facilitate their .. activities
>>Praetor, an elite soldier of the Empire, with command over the imperial legions
>22 new zones, and the overworld map of Tar'Eyal itself, to explore and, most likely, die in! Some with rather unique gameplay or setting... Did you know you wanted a zone where you ride a giant dragonfly in its mad flight over the continent to tame it? Now you do!
>A new campaign that replaces all the first half of the base game campaign and ties into the second half.
>A way to become permanently mind controlled by a sentient fungus!
>Many new creatures: ghosts, scorpions, antlions, some demons and many more and obviously for a game called Lost Land:
>*DINOSAURS*
>The usual new artifacts, lore, music and so on. But also new visuals for many existing items! An iron sword is an iron sword, but it will look different!

Also the next, sea themed, DLC Beneath the Tides (title may change) scheduled after Lost Land has started work as well.
Now Lost Land is all well and dandy, but I do know I took far too long to make it; sure the world was hit some covid and all, but still I recognize my shortcomings, and it could and should have come sooner. Now, to avoid making the same mistake twice, I contacted the good Recaiden, a well-known and respected ToME modder, and asked to partner with him to start building the next expansion already! And he agreed! This way, the next expansion will already be well underway when LL is fully out, and since I'm not the only one on the project, on the coding side, I won't be able to slack off as much! :)

So it's with great pleasure that I announce that development has started on Beneath the Tides (title may or may not change), an expansion that will bring you over and under the vast oceans of Eyal and ... beyond!

Without spoiling too much, I can tell that you'll be able to play either nagas (of the Vargh Republic) or trolls (of the Kar'Haïb Dominion) and pirate your way to treasures and glory! Well, at least until some unexpected event propels you into an epic adventure! Prepare to encounter weird new threats but also some that ring closer to home...

And an in-game lore book, the Science of Eyal, is coming... some day.
Ok ok minions, do not panic. This is not another expansion announcement! The SoE is something else entirely, it is a lorebook that the great Liberty is currently working on, the person you have to thank for the amazing and disturbing lore of cults :)

It will take the form of an in-universe book, written by somebody that most players already know (but I can't reveal who they are, it'd be a big spoiler, sorry!). It will discuss various aspects of the world of Eyal, its history, its inhabitants, the way the universe works, the nature of magic, souls, Nature, ... And lots of stuff from outside of Eyal too, from the local star system to things much further away...

Here is a little quote from it, where the writer discusses horrors:

When designing the Sher'Tul, Amakthel had numerous failed experiments. Rather than dispose of his misshapen creations, he ignored them and left them to their own devices. They multiplied and spread through Eyal's underground. However, Amakthel wasn't wholly responsible for this plague. The Sher'Tul also created many bio-weapons during their civil war. They engaged in the same sin as their father and reshaped life for their own ends. They degenerated their own brethren, mutating them beyond recognition. To their credit, they tried to clean up the remnants of their war, but some horrors escaped their notice. There are also horrors which came to Eyal from space. All three of these groups are collectively referred to as eldritch horrors. I have catalogued various types of eldritch horrors below.

Obviously, I will not give any release date for that one, but I'm sure lots of you will be eager for it! I'm not yet sure the format of it either; probably some kind of ebook maybe also distributed on external ebook platforms, or who knows if there is demand, maybe as a physical book too. Please give us your opinions on that!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back