• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Video Games General

You know, I started playing ToME before I started High School. Right now I already graduated from university and working.
So far he didn't disappoint me, so I can believe they will be coming out someday.

I'm looking to play some roguelikes on my android tablet

Any recommendations?

I'm looking to play some roguelikes on my android tablet

Any recommendations?
"Lophis roguelike" and "Tavern Rumble" are games I've had some fun with. Both deck builders, though Rumble cribs less off of Slay the Spire- has a 9x9 grid you place units on to defend and attack the enemy grid.

I'd like some new suggestions too.

But the people in the system are the ones who control the system. Ryan's banning of contact with the outside world is directly responsible for the state Rapture is in, because without that rule Frank Fontaine wouldn't have been able to build a power base around the black market and the civil war would never have gotten off the ground.

I need more iphone games to play while at work, i am about to beat total war again and need something that is turn based and enoyable while on silent

Finished Half Life: Alyx.

I think I should've probably played Episode 2 first, because I assume the thing that happened at the end was related.

Oh well, I'll get back to the HL2 VR Mod, then go through eps 1 and 2 that way.

TL;DR: G-Man is up to some shit. I thought it might be him in there, because I knew it wasn't Gordon, but I was equally in disbelief that they could contain him. Figured it was some weird Xen shit like the baby in there.

On the one hand, we released him. On the other, he doesn't seem to function on a linear timeline, so once released it probably didn't matter when or who and they couldn't likely keep him in forever.

The gravity glove lightning was pretty cool though.

Also: We need an A-Team fic of Alyx, Gordon, Chell, Jesse Faden, and Alan Wake dealing with The Board and their minion, G-Man.

EDIT:

So, got through Ravenholm. Spent more ammo than I really needed to... because I'm pretty sure I made the same fucking mistake as the first time I played it- during the section where you have to move the platform and climb up to the rooftops where there are gobs of zombies all over. Didn't realize I was supposed to jump up on those boxes to get roof-hopping.

It was about as terrifying as I expected once the monkey-zombies started up- though, at least with the laser sights on, I'm actually a better shot in VR than I am on a pancake screen, which is weird.

One thing I do like is how the guns work- actually having to reload adds a lot of tension. The shotgun has to be pumped between each shot, which is neat. Also you can reload it without losing any bullets, unlike the regular guns- and with the regular guns, if you reload it while the last bullet is chambered, you don't have to re-cock it after, which is a super-neat touch. Alyx was the same way, I think- though I usually used all my bullets for quite a while until I realized that.

Up next: The Floor Is Lava!

Teleport movement should make this easier. Should.

EDIT2: Right, car section comes first. Thought it was second for some reason.

Car controls are... iffy. Can't find the headlights (I think there's a dark section later on?) and the Turbo goes off waaaaaay too easily. Have to keep my thumb on the handbrake so I don't fly off the cliff.

Got the Combine Rifle- which SUCKS. 2H weapons in general have a serious control problem, and if you try to one-hand it the accuracy is even worse. Plus the ammo is so limited you can dump three clips and still not kill someone due to the accuracy problems. Shotgun doesn't count- you can one-hand it for firing, just have to use the other hand to cock it.

Amusingly, the ROCKET LAUNCHER should also be one-handed- trying to keep a bead on gunship with two hands is almost impossible. With one hand it's decently easy.

The Crossbow is pretty fun to use, though I think I'll try to one-hand it next time- you definitely have to use sniper breathing techniques to get a clean shot, but I managed to pin the guy to the billboard for that achievement, so. I think using one hand will result in better accuracy. Haven't tried to use it close-up yet. You use the scope like you use a normal scope, with two different zoom levels, which is neat.

Going up under the bridge next, which should be 'fun'.

Last edited:
I miss Text To Speech and similar stuff man
pikashow apk
ppsspp gold apk
links killed

Last edited by a moderator:
So, if google is translating this tweet mostly accurately, Armored Core VI is due to come out on August 25th:
The new action game "ARMORED CORE VI FIRES OF RUBICON" will be released worldwide on Friday, August 25, 2023. I would appreciate it if you could look forward to it.
FuuZQ_oaMAMvGty

I've been playing a bullet-hell metroidvania platformer called Rabi Ribi, and one of the chief antagonists is called the "Bunny Lovers" club, or UPRPRC. They're a group of girls wearing fake bunny ears who are obsessed with bunnies and they attack you because you're a bunny transformed into a human, albiet with real bunny ears and a tail and wearing a playboy bunny outfit. Yeah, it's that kind of game. Anyway, I was curious at what "UPRPRC stands for, and it is short for " Usagi PeRo PeRo Club." So "Usagi" is japanese for rabbit, and "peropero" is the sound effect for licking.

Well then. I guess they're a lot more obsessed than I first thought. "Bunny-lickers club." My god. But I suppose I should have expected this, when after you first beat a swarm of them and the bunny in question feels bad for hurting them, to which her fairy partner (it's a thing) says that they probably enjoyed being beat up by her. And the official 4koma has the UPRPRC gleefully comparing their injuries from the fight(s).

Today on Granblue

Girl with speech impediment figures out how to connect with people via the power of music and being a super fuckin genius when it comes to crafting instruments

Results- She wants to sell them super cheap so even more people can discover the wonders of music

Cast- HOW DARE YOU GET IN THE WAY OF CAPITALISM

That was a weird event. Also there's this moment where she does a whole concerto and everyone synchronizes their hearts and feelings its a beautiful message and everything

Immediately shot down as without the cash money of theater and the orchestra she would never be able to achieve that

There is some shades of "Artists need to eat" and valuing yourself but it's weird because the girl was doing totally fine so it feels really heavyhanded. Almost as if someone demanded changes mid-script or somethin'

Today on Granblue

Girl with speech impediment figures out how to connect with people via the power of music and being a super fuckin genius when it comes to crafting instruments

Results- She wants to sell them super cheap so even more people can discover the wonders of music

Cast- HOW DARE YOU GET IN THE WAY OF CAPITALISM

That was a weird event. Also there's this moment where she does a whole concerto and everyone synchronizes their hearts and feelings its a beautiful message and everything

Immediately shot down as without the cash money of theater and the orchestra she would never be able to achieve that

There is some shades of "Artists need to eat" and valuing yourself but it's weird because the girl was doing totally fine so it feels really heavyhanded. Almost as if someone demanded changes mid-script or somethin'
Local cat girl with speech impediment causes local instrument makers to go out of business due to high quality and affordable products. :V

I've been playing a bullet-hell metroidvania platformer called Rabi Ribi, and one of the chief antagonists is called the "Bunny Lovers" club, or UPRPRC. They're a group of girls wearing fake bunny ears who are obsessed with bunnies and they attack you because you're a bunny transformed into a human, albiet with real bunny ears and a tail and wearing a playboy bunny outfit. Yeah, it's that kind of game. Anyway, I was curious at what "UPRPRC stands for, and it is short for " Usagi PeRo PeRo Club." So "Usagi" is japanese for rabbit, and "peropero" is the sound effect for licking.

Well then. I guess they're a lot more obsessed than I first thought. "Bunny-lickers club." My god. But I suppose I should have expected this, when after you first beat a swarm of them and the bunny in question feels bad for hurting them, to which her fairy partner (it's a thing) says that they probably enjoyed being beat up by her. And the official 4koma has the UPRPRC gleefully comparing their injuries from the fight(s).
I ragequit the post-game DLC for this a few months ago, it's hard as balls. I'm sure I'll get lured back in for another attempt soon. Gotta be careful though, I was playing on my Steam Deck and that's one controller I don't want to throw in a fit of rage!

Hm. Found a Chekhov's Gun that's been loaded for... going on twenty years? That I hadn't noticed before. While playing Half Life 2's VR Mod.

"Please change the relay to someplace else, I could never survive there! A secondary body? That's not- no- fine!"

Seems like Dr. Breen may return as something else. Half Life 3 boss material, I guess.

Anyway, completed Half Life 2 in VR. Final fight was waaay easier than before- I guess because I can point the Super Gravity Gun up along the ball field instead of having to guess at where they are horizontally to grab one. Hunter-killers had just popped up less than five seconds before I made the final shot.

Now if only I hadn't had to reset the map where you get the Super Gravity Gun because it glitched out the first time and gave me back the normal one- and the autosave just didn't let me pick it up at all.

On to Episode 1- and hope I can beat the first damn Sentinel this time.

Does anyone know any strategy games that give player a lot of freedom to tinker with their faction's society and culture besides Civilization and Crusader Kings? Stellaris is a bit too far removed from the ground, society is more heavily abstracted there, while other Paradox stuff like HoI/Victoria are narrower in scope, where you pay for the level of detail by only having preset paths available, and that's the closest ones I've seen.

SMAC/SMAX kinda has that, but it's fairly simple. You get a 4x4 grid on which you pick one entry in each row; each row is a certain area (government type, economic type, cultural value, and future society), and the first option for each row is the only one you don't need to unlock via research (but those first options don't give any bonuses or penalties). Notably, the "future society" options are buried in the last 25-33% of the tech tree, and have the biggest bonuses.

There's an additional wrinkle in that the various factions can't use the options opposed to their faction's philosophy, and if you're playing with AI players, the various faction leader AIs put a bunch of relationship emphasis on matching their faction's preferred civic (and dislike it if you take any of the other unlockable options in the same civics category).

I'm not sure I'd recommend trying to find and play the game, as Sid Meyer's Alpha Centauri (and the expansion, Alien Crossfire) are very much Civ 2.5, both in terms of mechanics and release date. Although the customizability of your government in SMAC seems like a general outgrowth of the "design it yourself" theme the game had going; this was the 4x where you designed your own units from unlockable pieces, after all.

A link for more info if you're interested: https://civilization.fandom.com/wiki/Social_Engineering_(SMAC)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back