• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Video Games General

Update on the Touhou Puppet game.

I have acquired a bike now. makes travel smoother.

Also, while your lead puppet walk behind you...

On the bike, it clings to you.

It is cute. Especially as I try to picture it in my mind in a non-sprite style.

Also, the costume shop is now open. And whoever was inc hage of Shinki, they sure had ideas beyond swapping colors.

Nor, the normal outfit has its own charm, but perhaps I should style my Satan a bit...

2humon, gotta catch em all.
The game is also more brutal than Pokémon. Even early on, some you face will wreck your shit if you have no idea what you are doing. And post-game, I've heard that you can face opponents that will destroy your entire team with only one Puppet of their own. Like Yuuka.

Last edited:
Yeah, late game gets pretty brutal. I remember I basically had to cheese the final boss and their final puppet. It had the equivalent of a Life Orb equipped and kept one shotting all my puppets so I just revived them over and over until it died.

Oh man, I just got reminded of Transformice. Anybody remember that game? I seem to remember spending hours upon hours playing it. It's still fucking going, and it's on Steam now too.

Released in 2010... could've sworn I played it back in '05, but I guess I was misremembering.

Anyway, it's some hilarious chaos, give it a shot when bored.

In other news, I finally put in Pistol Whip- after Beat Saber developed the same fucking error and I had to change the setting to play it, despite the increased wear on my set- and I will say it's fun. Heck of a lower body workout though, my legs still ache after just the training and three songs.

I'm playing BG3 now as a Battlemaster Fighter and it's really fun. Gotta admit I'm pretty tempted to switch to a Warlock or Barbarian but I'm managing to resist the urge so far. An Oarhbreaker Paladin is pretty tempting too. I do wish they let us have five part members rather than though.

Weird... I know what the words mean individually, but putting them together like this makes them completely incomprehensible...
I've heard some people complain it's too horny. In that it's incredibly difficult to not end up fucking the party members. I saw someone save scum specifically to avoid ending up banging one of the characters. I doubt that'll be a complaint for a lot of people here, but if it's horny you want you will balls deep in most of the cast within an hour or two.

It does need a mod for rolling sexual endurance just for some interesting reactions that can affect future interactions because someone's being the love machine it would make even a sex demon blush.
If anything the game needs less rolls rather than more.

Edit: Rivan9000 there's spoilers for the design philosophy of BG3 from my average joe perspective, not sure if you mind or don't mind but warning you nonetheless.

So some bg3 observation even though I'm still in act 1.5. This game spent most of it's effort to give the illusion of being a great tabletop game.

The first couple of hours initially kinds tricks you into thinking you're in a cohesive story. It has a strong start, a snappy tutorial (trust me you don't want the long tutorial), and the level design is well grounded and "realistic".

This falls apart very quickly as you start exploring. Realistic enclaves and fishing outposts give way to increasing hyper condensed areas. With relatively obvious indication that each area is it's own self contained story.

IN this sense the game stops being a single cohesive story about the PC, and more of a great DM session with you, the player. Areas become incerasingly gamified by putting all Point of interestests next to one another with few empty spaces between them. Encounters become increasingly more random and weird.

A big example of the game prioritizing it's design with the player is that traps are not hidden unless the specific trap is supposed to be buried/invisible. You can fail the perception check but most traps is still visible on screen for a keen eyed player to spot. Only rewards are hidden behind perception checks but even then most rewards are still interactable with failed perception check.

There are other examples but these are the main hours that I noticed.

Edit Edit: As an aside, the main story sucks . It's not important for how I play the game as the "SQUIRREL" approach to distracting players with sidequests is my cup of tea, but it does mean that if you care about the main story, it's going to be dissapointing.

Last edited:
Edit: Rivan9000 there's spoilers for the design philosophy of BG3 from my average joe perspective, not sure if you mind or don't mind but warning you nonetheless.

So some bg3 observation even though I'm still in act 1.5. This game spent most of it's effort to give the illusion of being a great tabletop game.

The first couple of hours initially kinds tricks you into thinking you're in a cohesive story. It has a strong start, a snappy tutorial (trust me you don't want the long tutorial), and the level design is well grounded and "realistic".

This falls apart very quickly as you start exploring. Realistic enclaves and fishing outposts give way to increasing hyper condensed areas. With relatively obvious indication that each area is it's own self contained story.

IN this sense the game stops being a single cohesive story about the PC, and more of a great DM session with you, the player. Areas become incerasingly gamified by putting all Point of interestests next to one another with few empty spaces between them. Encounters become increasingly more random and weird.

A big example of the game prioritizing it's design with the player is that traps are not hidden unless the specific trap is supposed to be buried/invisible. You can fail the perception check but most traps is still visible on screen for a keen eyed player to spot. Only rewards are hidden behind perception checks but even then most rewards are still interactable with failed perception check.

There are other examples but these are the main hours that I noticed.
Hmm, the lack of a cohesive story is troubling. The self-contained thing could work but the problem is the tadpole in the head.

That's one thing that bugged me is that for all the characters know they could turn any moment. It seems kind of hard to justify side quest that won't lead to a cure.

Are you playing Dark Urge or a custom PC? I wanted to create a custom PC but I'm worried about being locked out of a lot of content like I heard was a problem for Original Sin 2.

Overall, I'm not exactly sure how I feel about the design philosophy behind Bg3 but I will ultimately reserve judgement until I beat Bg2 and actually get to Bg3.

I will say that despite their age Bg1 and Bg2 are really good. The final fight while hard as all hell was really satisfying.

Anywho, thanks for the insights.

Hmm, the lack of a cohesive story is troubling. The self-contained thing could work but the problem is the tadpole in the head.

That's one thing that bugged me is that for all the characters know they could turn any moment. It seems kind of hard to justify side quest that won't lead to a cure.

Are you playing Dark Urge or a custom PC? I wanted to create a custom PC but I'm worried about being locked out of a lot of content like I heard was a problem for Original Sin 2.

Overall, I'm not exactly sure how I feel about the design philosophy behind Bg3 but I will ultimately reserve judgement until I beat Bg2 and actually get to Bg3.

I will say that despite their age Bg1 and Bg2 are really good. The final fight while hard as all hell was really satisfying.

Anywho, thanks for the insights.
The point isn't locked content per say with playing custom pc vs dark urge as far as act 1 and 2 is concerned. Rather Dark urge has questlines that some people might find deeply uncomfortable so it's not on on default. You can easily kill people as dark urge in special super gory ways and if that's not your cup of tea you won't run Dark Urge as your first character.

also this
This is where designing for the player, as opposed to the PC, becomes most apparent. A lot of the in game events are on paused until you enter the area to activate the event. While some time has passed the game acts as though you are making good time to finding a cure and ignores any detours you take.

Also spoilers for out of game player conclusion regarrding tadpole.
You very early on gain 4 sets of information that rapidly lets' you conclude that your tadpole is hibernating. None of the characters besides the racist-ultra-macho-nazi Lazael have the full set of info.
  1. The tadpole is modified to near instantly kill/replace/head burst on receiving a specific signal.
  2. You aren't sick.
  3. Gale nicely explaines that upon immediatley being tadpoled, you should have fallen sick.
  4. You'll very quickly find a dead tadpoled person who made a multiday trek to your general location also without being sick/having any sign of tadpole maturing
The conclusion you can make as a Player is that the tadpole in your head is currently in stasis as part of it's modification.

Blazblue can't resist being fuckin loopy

>In-game setting it's all a Virtual Reality Video Game where you larp as the characters and be a BeiBloo

>AI Helper ain't actually helping

>The more people play the game and uncover its depths the more it leaks into reality

>This is bad because the game has a record of everything that has gone fuck horrible in Blazblue

Blazblue can't resist being fuckin loopy

>In-game setting it's all a Virtual Reality Video Game where you larp as the characters and be a BeiBloo

>AI Helper ain't actually helping

>The more people play the game and uncover its depths the more it leaks into reality

>This is bad because the game has a record of everything that has gone fuck horrible in Blazblue
You can never escape the fighting game plot even if you swap genres.

Each of the songs in 'Pistol Whip' has a little blurb about what's going on during the song, with an accompanying movie poster.

...And I'd absolutely watch some of them. Looked up "Download the Future" by Black Tiger Sex Machine to make sure it wasn't from a movie. I am disappoint.

Also my legs don't hurt. Did two songs earlier and three just now and I'm fine. Must've been the dodging tutorial- had me doing weird circular sideways squats for something like a full minute. Not so say some of the dodging doesn't make my thighs hurt, but nothing that lasts for three-four days like that shit did.

My main complaint with BG3 besides a few different QoL issues would be how you can only have four members in your party at a time. It really should have been five instead imo. There's already a mod which does this so I just need to wait till it comes to Steam at least.

So, Armored Core...

Never played any previous game. Would I be lost in the plot if I played AC6?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back