• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Video Games General

Huh, just goes to show there are plenty of ways to deal with bosses, you just need to figure out a way that works and is fun for you.

I've settled on a Railgun Jouster build in the end. Two machine guns in the arms (the ones with 45 ammo to mag so no need to reload even if it eats through bullets like mad) and two railguns on the shoulders (the one for the ice worm boss). Small threads, loads of armor and let's a go.

What do you use massive long range sniper-like railguns for? That's right, for charging in close and unloading both barrels from point blank range. The shots are too fast for the enemy to dodge, they give a lot of stagger, and once that's done you have a lot of dakka in your hands to take advantage of that. NG++ was a breeze for me with this build, and the railguns have enough ammo you can safely use it on normal missions to take out annoying enemies even at longer ranges.

Enemy charges at you? Charge right back and shoot them in the face. Enemy is a quick and agile git? Get close and shoot him in the face. Ibis closes into melee range to wreck you? Shoot it in the face. Ibis is hovering a distance away unleashing all those fancy attacks? Drive around and shoot it in the face. Final boss is with several difficult adds? Just get close enough to the nearest one and start shooting everyone in the face.

The most challenging enemies I've had were those wheel enemies in protect the strider mission, until I realized that when they charged at me, I could drive backwards so they lined up perfectly in front of me and then shoot them in the face.

I think my record for a fastest arena kill was 11 seconds, usually they take 20-30 seconds.

This is the orkiest way to play. Get stuck in close and unload all the dakka.
My reliable go-to build for a mission is a lightweight biped "plasma for everyone". The Nebula plasma rifle can one-shot even the tankiest MTs, plasma missiles are light, cheap on energy and extremely reliable, and melee is melee. The Moonlight might as well be a free gun, the Laser Lance is strong AF, and the ol' reliable pulse sword is just excellent in every way.

Of course, I do tailor my builds for the harder fights. The stun needles are excellent shoulder guns all around, but recently I've taken to equipping the Karasawa and using it as the Big Damage weapon for Stagger windows. I have to build around that gun, but it feels so good to land that fully charged shot.

Fuga Melodies of Steel: Is there any particular characters I should have Jin increase his Affinity with for the chapter he's introduced in?

End of the year, I think I saw?

And for the record, usually when a game gets delisted (or merely removed from sale) from a platform, you can still (re-)download it if you already owned it.

What the devs of Cult of the Lamb are threatening to do isn't delisting the game, it's deleting the game... which I think means that not only would it get delisted, but the game data and download would also be removed from the various platforms that sell it. This means that existing owners would need to redownload it before that happens, because they wouldn't be able to do it after that point. (This has happened many times before, but usually it's a sign of a key license expiring with no renewal, or serious legal trouble.)

Given the whole mess with Unity right now, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of other devs are considering making the same threat...

Oh fuck, I wanted to buy these! Great. Hey, did they state when CotL will be taken off steam?
The devs specifically said it would be when Unity's new policy takes effect on January 1st, so you've still got a few months, even assuming that they aren't bluffing or that they don't change their mind if Unity changes course on things.

I'm pretty sure CotL said it as a joke, note.

They may be joking now, but as I said, I would not be surprised if it gave some devs ideas... or if the Cult of the Lamb devs might make that joke, well, not a joke...

I wonder how many unity devs would switch to the less complete, but less abusive Renpy...

I've seen too many artists deleting their works in a fit to take that risk. Sidenote, whenever you find a picture/fanfic you like, make sure to save it just in case.
While this is true, it's worth noting that CotL is made by Devolver Digital, who has a long history of trolling people. At a minimum, these are the same people who for several years ran their own parody game presentation sketch thing to coincide with E3, and the results were always a mixture of funny and very surreal. I wouldn't put it past them to have said it as a joke. I wouldn't blame you or anyone else for treating them like they were 100% serious in this instance though.

I wonder how many unity devs would switch to the less complete, but less abusive Renpy...
Repy seems like it would be good for visual novel devs, but for almost everyone else, a lot of them are planning on switching to Godot from what I've heard. Regardless, both Godot and Renpy are free and open source, making the odds of a repeat of this situation significantly less likely.

Given said upgrades, likely a new release.

But speakin gof online, we got FZero-99. Available today for Nintendo Online, if you are a racing sociopath that want 99 racers all together at once.
Nintendo made Super Mario Kart because F-Zero with multiplayer wasn't technically feasible at the time. Now F-Zero's back to show Mario Kart what real multiplayer looks like.

Good to hear, will have to check it out. Especially as I've been getting into Disgaea 1 recently - very fun. Though I'm not certain which game to go to after that, whether numerically or otherwise.

The second is a very good one, in my opinion. So is the 3rd.

If anyone wanted Paper Mario Thousand Year Door on Switch, rejoice. It's getting ported to switch with graphics upgrade.
Also

684.png

e9e.png

485.png

It's beautiful. Is this abandoned damned series finally healing and going back to its good days?

Last edited:
Started playing Frostpunk, it's fun, but difficult.

Anyone have tips on playing the game?

If anyone wanted Paper Mario Thousand Year Door on Switch, rejoice. It's getting ported to switch with graphics upgrade.
No fucking way. First the Super Mario RPG remake, and now this?

If it sells well (which we all know it will), I hope Nintendo decides to give the first Paper Mario the same treatment. If we're really lucky, we might even get a real new Paper Mario game, though I'm not holding my breath.

>Paper Mario Thousand Year Door Remake (Didn't add anything new but they gave it some shine which is unexpected you know?)

>Super Mario RPG Remake

>New Super Princess Peach game (Princess Peach Showtime) a 3D Scroller where Peach gets power ups in the form of different outfits

Huh Mario looking strong this year

0fa.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back