• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Video Games General

Found a fun game that brings to mind a lotta old school rpgs. The ones where you have an open world and you can wander into a lv 99 zone to get shanked by accident.

It's a wuxia and it's surprisingly entertaining while keeping the themes very well. Wandering Sword.

Oh MK1

A literal dragonbreak happened so Liu Kang and Shang Tsung both won and lost thus becoming Titans and getting their own timelines

So, a bit of a background detail that's something of a spoiler for one of the AC6 endings:
You know how the Xylem gets shot at by the closure system defense sats in the fires of raven ending? Well the system and the Xylem don't stop shooting at each other when you and Ayre are fighting one another. It's just that you probably won't have noticed it because you're focusing really hard on not getting killed by Ayre

I was looking through Steam, as one does, and I came across an interesting platformer called Pseudoregalia. It's only six bucks so I picked it up and I ended up enjoying it a ton. I'm not very deep into it, but I've had a blast with the few hours I've played.

The game is a 3D Metroidvania though it's not very heavy in combat. I'd say it's pretty reminiscent of Mario 64 for the most part, and it does look like an N64 game. The areas do have enemies, but outside of bosses only a handful actively attack you. The vast majority of what I've played is exploration and platforming puzzles. Not that that's a bad thing because the movement is solid and there's a lot of depth there once you figure out all the mechanics. Music is pretty good and I like all the map designs. It's very easy to lose track of time playing since all the areas connect in various ways so you'll be walking around and either find a new area or loop into a different part of a map you already explored most of. I do have a slight issue with some abilities like wall jump feeling difficult to control, but my main issue is that there's no map at the moment, so you have to memorize how all these paths connect and where. The game isn't huge, but it can still be a bit of a chore trying to remember which area leads where when some of them loop back into themselves. Though the dev is currently working on that so it won't be an issue too much longer.

All in all, very much worth the cost of entry if you're into these style of games.

So, bit of a question.

My birthday was earlier this month and I've got some loose change from it. Lucky for me, the Switch has a sale for the Atelier games right now, which I've been meaning to get into for years now. I played Atelier Iris 2 way, wayyyyyy back in the days and I've wanted to get back into it for ages but never managed for a variety of reasons.

Now, the question is, which game ? I could go for the sure thing and get the first Ryza since it's 50% off BUT one of the offers on sale is the Atelier Mysterious Trilogy Deluxe Pack, which is basically three games for the price of one with the sale. I just don't know if those three are any good compared to the one sure thing.

So, bit of a question.

My birthday was earlier this month and I've got some loose change from it. Lucky for me, the Switch has a sale for the Atelier games right now, which I've been meaning to get into for years now. I played Atelier Iris 2 way, wayyyyyy back in the days and I've wanted to get back into it for ages but never managed for a variety of reasons.

Now, the question is, which game ? I could go for the sure thing and get the first Ryza since it's 50% off BUT one of the offers on sale is the Atelier Mysterious Trilogy Deluxe Pack, which is basically three games for the price of one with the sale. I just don't know if those three are any good compared to the one sure thing.

If you'd like Ryza you'd like the trilogy as well, so I'd go with that.

Okay, Mechwarrior 5 won me over. Ryana is still a flat bitch, but the DLCs characters like Jackson Davion and Christian Mansdottir is great.

I set my calendar for The Dragon's Gambit already. Let's see if the Gunji-no-Kanrei live up to the hype.

MW5: Clans

I'm not sure if I'll play this one. On one hand, I hate the clanner. On the other, Tukkayid.

If nothing else, I appreciate the fact that the trailer's thumbnail is a clear reference to the boxart for Mechwarrior 2.

6ffe3245-17e2-4ad5-81dc-df3607b75400.png

Okay, Mechwarrior 5 won me over. Ryana is still a flat bitch, but the DLCs characters like Jackson Davion and Christian Mansdottir is great.

I set my calendar for The Dragon's Gambit already. Let's see if the Gunji-no-Kanrei live up to the hype.

MW5: Clans

I'm not sure if I'll play this one. On one hand, I hate the clanner. On the other, Tukkayid.

I think the idea is that Dragons Gambit gets you to really hate the Dracs, so then ripping and tearing through them as Clan Smoke Jaguar in Clans is cathartic.

I think the idea is that Dragons Gambit gets you to really hate the Dracs, so then ripping and tearing through them as Clan Smoke Jaguar in Clans is cathartic.

I'm a proud Feddie (Hanse Number 1!), so of course I already hate those crazed space weebs. Well, except for Theodore Kurita. He's cool.

I mean, they already did that with the previous DLC, considering that it was all about the Free Rasalhague Republic's war to gain independence from the DC.

Got Subnautica. Don't quite see what the rave is about- but I've only JUST gotten the Seamoth, so I haven't even been down to the apparent multitude of underground layers.

Will say the game has a moderate case of Guide Dang It. Not good at explaining things, it is. To get new recipes you have to use the Scanner on ship parts you find. Four hours on my first game not knowing that, having all of jack and shit. And, not wanting to have to re-find all the wrecks because I had no maps and no beacons, I restarted. Much further along this time.

Also, reinforce your habitats. I thought those numbers on the upper left were because the nearby sandshark was hitting my walls, NOT that hull integrity gets lower with every new piece you add except foundations and extra armor and such. My base started springing holes... and didn't stop until I figured out what was wrong, added some armor, and sealed up the fucking 40+ holes that kept reappearing until I brought up the integrity. The game really could display those someplace consistently, instead of giving you a popup that lasts maybe two seconds with no explanation.

Also fuck Stalkers. I'm sure I'll say fuck a lot of things by the end of the game, but right now Stalkers are the real nuisance. Fighting underwater sucks, especially when all you have is a fucking knife.

EDIT: Oh, and am I on a time limit after being infected? I'm intimidated.

In other news:

30XX: Tried to get the Chronovane. Three pieces by stage 4. Still three pieces at the end of stage 7. Fuck you RNGsus.

Beat Saber: If you're modding and you like Gloryhammer, pick up Wasteland Warrior Hoots Patrol, it's a banger. The visuals are good, the rhythm is excellent, feels cool as hell. Tiring and pretty complex though- I thought I was playing on Normal, but the description says ~800 notes and the final notecount said ~1k, which matches Expert. I dunno what happened there. I know I'm exhausted though.

Wanted the Keeper of the Celestial Flame of Abernathy too, but it only has Expert and the notes/ count is high enough I'm pretty sure it's not joking.

Don't worry, the infection is there for plot reaons but you can still take your time

Thank goodness. There's nothing I hate worse in a game than a global time limit. Escape sequence? Short timer for this one event? Sure. Global timer that destroys your game once it ends? Fuck that shit. I'm anxious enough making dialogue choices and entering my fucking character name, thank you very much, I do NOT need that.

I mean, they already did that with the previous DLC, considering that it was all about the Free Rasalhague Republic's war to gain independence from the DC.
The Dracs gave Rasalhague it's independence, courtesy of Theo K. No fuss, no muss.

The problems were the ronins, who felt that Theo was giving away their property, and the Lyrans, who lost their 4th Succession War territorial gains.

Looks like Sony got breached. Probably time to change your password, and refresh your backup login codes if you have a Playstation.

Well, I've been playing Super Robot Wars V.

And man, the Evangalion was actually pretty tough. The only mech I had that could go toe-to-toe with it was the Mazinger Z.

Speaking of Evangalion, I love the fact that Shinji is surrounded by a bunch of utter badasses that are treating him kindly. Hell, Hathaway Bright helps sooth some of Shinji's daddy issues.

Looks like Sony got breached. Probably time to change your password, and refresh your backup login codes if you have a Playstation.
Again?!
Has Sony released a statement yet?

Again?!
Has Sony released a statement yet?

Not really, as far as I know, aside from refusing to pay ransom for the stolen data.

It seems, from what I've heard so far, the amount of data stolen is fairly small (A few thousand files), and what the hackers have shown off so far is basically a screenshot of a login page, and some powerpoints. No proof of credit card numbers, or user login credentials.

Sony has also kept PSN up and functioning, which makes me think the hack is probably just corporate data, not great, but not 2011 bad.

We're just going to have to wait, and see how bad it really is.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back