• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Video Games General

Oh, so california just fully legalized stealing what you paid for?
This is more of a wording thing. It's just forcing storefronts to be honest that they're selling licenses to a product, not the product, because they can take away your access to it at any time. It doesn't apply to stuff that has permanent offline downloads. It's mostly about live service games and other always online stuff. The article uses the game "The Crew" and Sony's attempt to remove purchased shows from people's libraries because they were getting rid of that content as examples of what it applies to.

This is more of a wording thing. It's just forcing storefronts to be honest that they're selling licenses to a product, not the product, because they can take away your access to it at any time. It doesn't apply to stuff that has permanent offline downloads. It's mostly about live service games and other always online stuff. The article uses the game "The Crew" and Sony's attempt to remove purchased shows from people's libraries because they were getting rid of that content as examples of what it applies to.
Yes, so instead of making that something companies can't do anymore they fully legalized it as long as the company changes it from "purchase" to "license"

Yes, so instead of making that something companies can't do anymore they fully legalized it as long as the company changes it from "purchase" to "license"
Baby steps. Now they have to tell people what they're doing instead of hiding it in the ToS, which means it'll get more attention from the general public.

It's always been completely legal. This practice was never some loophole or fell into a gray area, companies have always been allowed to do this. The goal of the law is to make sure consumers are properly informed about what's actually happening, which is certainly a step in the right direction. To make it illegal would require a complete overhaul of both copyright law (which needs to happen anyway) and the entire digital industry, neither of which a single state can do. It would probably be easier to mandate that companies give refunds for content they make unavailable, which they should.

Beds are great, but those won't get you over the huge cliffs. For that, you'll need the Crawltula and Bind+Follow (which I think you get almost right away?). You latch onto the spider and it crawls up the wall with you attached.

Also, you can climb over the trees if you haven't realized that yet.
Yeah, realizing I can use trees to... travel was how I got to the Deku early.

I probably shouldn't have a chunk of the Echos I have, but it's fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back