1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Video Games General

Discussion in 'General' started by Smuthunter, Mar 25, 2017.

1. vyor

vyor Oh that's cute

No they didn't? Every boss mechanic was shown with other mobs. Like Prime 1 had mobs only able to be hurt by certain damage types long before bosses started making use of that mechanic. Same with them going invisible. The only thing that really wasn't was needing to use the Phazon weapon to kill the final boss of Prime 1, but that's shown off by the blue phazon pools it creates.

2. Melmar

Melmar Should probly stop sayin' words

The Phazon pool thing is something you never have to do at any point before that. That's what I was referring to. Same with having to absorb Dark Samus' shots with the Charge Beam in 2.

3. vyor

vyor Oh that's cute

She gets the ability to use it in the previous boss fight and can use the phason beam a few times before the boss. Prime 2 does that, yes, but Prime 1 properly broadcasted it.

4. Melmar

Are you thinking of a hack where they use it? The only time you can use the Phazon Beam in Prime is during the fight with Metroid Prime Essence. That's the only time it works.

5. vyor

vyor Oh that's cute

No? There are a few rooms with blue phazon you can use it in I thought?

6. Melmar

It only works during that one fight.

7. vyor

vyor Oh that's cute

Fair enough. But then there was the scan visor so...

8. Melmar

So it was a new mechanic introduced at the last minute. Unlike that, the melee counter was a thing the game told you about right at the start and expected you to be doing the whole time so complaining that the final boss had you do that is still silly.

Anonnermus likes this.
  9. Scygnus

Scygnus Well worn.

So, started my Hard Mode run of Dread, using This casual no-sequence-break routing guide in the hopes of completing the under four hours challenge. According to the maker he completed the run in three, so there should be plenty of wiggle room. I just got the Wide Beam at about 42 minutes- but I think a lot of that is the Cutscenes, which the game clock counts every second of even if you skip them.

I thought of using the Grapple/Bomb break to do the Kraid quick-kill, but the route between the Varia Suit and Kraid is soooo short that the time reduction wouldn't be much, if any- especially considering the number of times I'd probably bungle the jumps needed to get to the Grapple.

EDIT: Done in 3:15. Not too bad. Got my ass kicked by the final boss a few times while re-learning his patterns. Those superlasers really hurt when you've got just less than half the E-Tanks.

No lie, I got hit by a few good shots early in phase 2 on my first run, did the ENTIRE rest of the phase with 9 energy. Then misjudged something in phase 3 and died.

This happened again the first time I 'beat' him... I had less than half a tank and forgot you have to do a QTE to win. Same thing happened on the final round, but I had enough health left to tank the first failure.

Also, really disappointed beating the 4-hour mark on Hard doesn't unlock all the ones for doing it on Normal. Really quite annoying. I'll have to do another speedrun, and since I did my Hard run on a different save file... well, getting everyone on one file is gonna be a nuisance.

Also Also: EMMI are really easy to evade if you know exactly where you're going and just haul.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2021
  10. rx915

rx915 Experienced.

This look's fun in the 2 bit text adventure way while you play at being a legionary with all the bad bits that could be like you're one of the unlucky ones at Teutoberg or Carrhae.

11. Knightfall

Knightfall Nui Harime lover, Cynic, and Archivist

Or being part of a decimation.

rx915 likes this.
  12. ShogunTrooper

ShogunTrooper Launching Bees out of a Trebuchet

Or serving under a general that thinks one battle won means he's worthy if being Roman Emperor.

Like, seriously, you'd be surprised how often that happened.

rx915, vyor and searcher8 like this.
  13. Knightfall

Knightfall Nui Harime lover, Cynic, and Archivist

Only from the 3rd century onwards.

14. Malcolmo

Malcolmo Insert custom title here

Tbf, typically during those times the emperor wasn't exactly great and all it would take would be one further won battle to actually take take capital.

vyor and searcher8 like this.
  15. AllyDoodle

AllyDoodle Lewd Cthulhu

So I found a mod for Fallout 4 on the Nexus that let's you craft a nude suit you can add weave to and thought 'fuck it, let's roll with it' and I am now currently doing a nude run of Fallout 4 where my female SS Chloe is running around The Commonwealth (technically) wearing nothing but a pair of eyeglasses she picked up in Vault 111.

I've found it has created a hilarious dissonance when a character is going on about something bad that has happened to them or somebody else and then it pans over to my character just standing there with her lady bits hanging out.

16. Renko

Renko Look closer ~☆

Seems to be that Warner bros is also getting it on to the fighting game craze via a leak that's been released!

[​IMG]

And anything about it is getting deleted left and right!

:V

17. searcher8

searcher8 Are you trying to harden my Nanomachines Son?

Eh. WB at least has access to the same dev teams behind the Injustice and Mortal Kombat games. Considering how much money those two games have made for them, I can't blame WB for wanting to try for a third fighting game franchise they can milk.

18. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

Want. I want. I want it. Holy fuck, if it play like PSO2 NGS but is an actual game, I want it now!

(And it release on Steam too, no worry about getting a PS5)

And glad to see the Star Ocean group is getting a budget again for a game.

I wonder if they intend to keep the mechanic of game 4 of 'Every party member is participating in the battle'.

UnthinkingWisdom and Derek58 like this.
  19. Bear_Mint

Bear_Mint The LewdBringer. The Breast Observer.

It's been five years since the last full Star Ocean game. Damn has it been a while.

20. Raven1138

Raven1138 Experienced.

I'll be happier if it is a soft reboot that ignores 3. The whole meta commentary of how everything was just a game and how it got baked into the remakes of 1 & 2 killed the series for me.

21. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

Well, I always enjoyed the setting of scifi crashing into fantasy. But yes, not having that baked into the story would be nice. Or it could be post-3 where fuck it, it's real now anyway.

22. Raven1138

Raven1138 Experienced.

Exactly. Two I enjoyed between that scenario and the item creation I could do anywhere. Come three with the wallbanger plot twist, limiting item creation a good way into the game on top of making it needlessly convoluted and voice acting that made me want to hit the mute button in every FMV cutscene made me reach the point of not wanting to keep playing.

23. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

At any rate, it would be surrpising given the focus we have in the presentation.

I forgot to add the following to the video above.

This part here?
    Unlike others game, seems there will be no hiding attempt of being from another world, it would seems.

At any rate, the four introduced here are most likely the core 4 party members, with the rest being optional depending on what happen.

Dakkaface and UnthinkingWisdom like this.
  24. John_Oakman

John_Oakman Come touch my hentai machine

Age of Empires 4 is basically a medieval documentary series with a game tacked on to it, for better or worse.

25. The-Lewd-Dude

The-Lewd-Dude Experienced.

Is muv luv any decent? I've never been to into VN but I heard it's pretty good so I figued I'll ask while it's on sale

Imabot and Derek58 like this.
  26. Malcolmo

Yeah what I've seen of the campaign cutscenes is just a massive turn off. They've clearly put effort and money into making them but they're so unimmersive it's actually unbearable to watch them. Aoe 2 had good mission intros and cutscenes (I'd argue they were actually better before the HD version but that's taste) but there's just nothing there for 4.

27. Raven1138

Raven1138 Experienced.

As someone who is a history buff, that is less of a downside and more of an excuse to start downloading it off of my Gamepass sub.

searcher8 likes this.
  28. John_Oakman

John_Oakman Come touch my hentai machine

As I said, for better or worse, because it very well fills the gap that the History channel has never really filled (even back before the alien takeover it tend to focus more on WWII at the expense of the rest of history).

29. Raven1138

Raven1138 Experienced.

Dude, the fact I have work in the morning is the only reason I am not breaking my mouse hitting the download button thanks to your reply.

30. Malcolmo

The problem with that is that even if you are a history guy it's not really all that deep either, the amount of detail you get is basically a summary you could read on Wikipedia and get the same value. You can see some of them played by someone here:

Even in the middle of the game you have someone dispassionately reading off a script and completely killing the immersion. Sure this is practically a tutorial but even so, at least William Wallace's tutorial was entertaining to listen to.