• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Vote Thread for Ack's Omake Corner

[X] Meet the Heberts - 6
[X] Confrontation II - 5
[X] Junior Hero - 4
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 3
[X] One More Trigger - 2
[X] NSW - 1

All right, prediction for Votes 71 and 72 corrected. Thanks again, ViperhawkZ.
You know that Thinkers trip one another up, right?
By posting those predictions you urge people to break them.
Then I shall instead take pride that voters now know when and where their votes can do the most damage.

It won't be next round -- AIE is way ahead of its competitors -- but there are a few potential upsets in Votes 64 and 65. NSW will only trail War Games by 26 votes in 64, and Wyvern by only 7 votes in 65. If it doesn't cut ahead of those two, however, it won't stand much of a chance against Recoil in Vote 66 -- that story's gaining votes more than twice as fast.

As I've cautioned before, though, all these predictions assume that voting behavior doesn't change too much from what it's been the last few rounds, and that's almost certain to happen. It'll get more accurate as I average more and more rounds in and long-term trends settle down, but predictions more than a few rounds out will be progressively less and less accurate. It's part of why I only bother with the next 10 rounds to begin with; even that is probably pushing it.

[X] Recoil - 6
[X] Security! - 5
[X] I, Panacea - 4
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] Junior Hero - 1

[X] Slippery Slope - 6
[X] Security! - 5
[X] I, Panacea - 4
[X] Hostage Situation - 3
[X] Wyvern - 2
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 1

Yes, that's right folks, you have seeing_octarine to thank for this photo-finish upset! Alea Iacta Est comes in 17 votes slow, while I, Panacea picks up an extra 10 votes, giving it just enough lead to eke out the win! AIE is still close behind, however, and a shoe-in to win the next vote in the upper-800s, breaking the 800-vote threshold for the first time!

Trailing AIE by a wide margin is fellow newcomer War Games, which looks likely to win Vote 64 in the low 700s. After that it's everyone's favorite dragon, Wyvern, rocketing back to the top to win Vote 65 in the mid-700s, still earning more votes a round than anything else in Ack's lineup!

Then in Vote 66 it's a blast into the past as Recoil becomes the next story to hit the 800-vote mark by a wide margin, followed closely by sexy shenanigans as NSW hits the 800s as well! Not to be out-done, Security! aims to brush with the 900-vote mark in Vote 68, coming in less than 20 votes shy of the threshold!

Coming around for another lap is Trump Card in Vote 69, coming even closer to the 900 mark but still not quite hitting it. The next winner will, though -- new player All Alone, scoring its first vote win since joining the ranks! Following that we have Alea Iacta Est joining the 900 club as it wins Vote 71, and then Wyvern looks to shatter records in Vote 72 as it passes not only 1,000 votes, but also 1,100 in one fell swoop! Don't despair, fans of family fun, as it'll be my own, personal favorite, Meet the Heberts likely to win its own first round in Vote 73!

All this, and more, brought to you from Ack's Voting Thread Tracking Spreadsheet!
Damnit! *tares up his OTB bet slip, quickly goes and buys a slip for race 64, betting on Alea Iacta Est to win.*

Seriously though, this read like a horse race announcer.:D

[X] War Games - 6
[X] Wyvern - 5
[X] MirrorVerse - 4
[X] One More Trigger - 3
[X] Confrontation II - 2
[X] Meet the Heberts - 1
[] Trump Card
[] I, Panacea
[] Recoil
[] Security!
[] Alea Iacta Est
[]

One slight modification... but now it means all I need to do to change votes is Ctrl+X, Ctrl+V... XD
And all those who said there was one problem, I didn't vote for ___, well, my format is the top 3 are 'locked' in... not changing those unless the story's no longer one of the ones I want most, with the bottom three going through a rotation of 'this story has just been voted in/Will be voted in this round... move on to the next one I feel like...

And damnit, just realised I missed one of the stories I'm interested in... ah well, it's on the list now :p

[X] Wyvern - 6
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 5
[X] I, Panacea - 4
[X] One More Trigger - 3
[X] Nemesis - 2
[X] Slippery Slope - 1

[X] Confrontation II - 6
[X] Security! - 5
[X] Recoil - 4
[X] One More Trigger - 3
[X] All Alone - 2
[X] NSW - 1

[] Hypnosis Idea - 10
[X] NSW - 6
[X] Meet the Heberts - 5
[X] All Alone - 4
[X] I, Panacea - 3
[X] Bait & Switch - 2
[X] Danny & Taylor - 1

I'll spend the time outlining the smutty bits if someone's actually gonna write it. Yes, this is a bribe to help me get more support in convincing Ack to do at least a one-shot of it.

[X] All Alone - 6
[X] Trump Card - 5
[X] Wyvern - 4
[X] One More Trigger - 3
[X] Security! - 2
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 1

[X] Wyvern - 6
[X] Recoil - 5
[X] Meet The Heberts - 4
[X] Trump Card - 3
[X] Security! - 2
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 1

Yes, I put the 4 vote there to screw with jim. On the one hand, he wants it updated, on the other it will screw with his predictions.

[X] NSW - 6
[X] Meet the Heberts - 5
[X] Danny & Taylor - 4
[X] Security! - 3
[X] One More Trigger - 2
[X] Bait & Switch - 1

[X] Nemesis - 6
[X] Junior Hero - 5
[X] Hostage Situation - 4
[X] Wyvern - 3
[X] Recoil - 2
[X] One More Trigger - 1

[X] Recoil - 6
[X] Trump Card - 5
[X] Wyvern - 4
[X] One More Trigger - 3
[X] All Alone - 2
[X] Hostage Situation - 1

[X] MirrorVerse - 6
[X] Recoil - 5
[X] Trump Card - 4
[X] Security! - 3
[X] One More Trigger - 2
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 1

[X] Alea Iacta Est - 6
[X] Trump Card - 5
[X] Wyvern - 4
[X] I, Panacea - 3
[X] Security! - 2
[X] Recoil - 1

[X] Meet the Heberts - 6
[X] NSW - 5
[X] Really Bad End - 4
[X] Danny & Taylor - 3
[X] Bait & Switch - 2
[X] Nemesis - 1

[X] Wyvern - 6
[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] Trump Card - 4
[X] One More Trigger - 3
[X] Recoil - 2
[X] Security! - 1

[X] Recoil - 6
[X] Wyvern - 5
[X] I, Panacea - 4
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 3
[X] All Alone - 2
[X] Security! - 1

[X] War Games - 6
[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] NSW - 4
[X] Meet the Heberts - 3
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 2
[X] Wyvern - 1

[X] Recoil - 6
[X] Confrontation II - 5
[X] All Alone - 4
[X] MirrorVerse - 3
[X] Wyvern - 2
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 1

Here's a story that I may expand on later. For now, still working on I, Panacea.

Voting will continue.

GOD DAMN IT! *faves all versions* You...you want to drive us all crazy, is that it? You want to force us to do nothing in our spare time except READ YOUR FANFIC, ADMIT IT!!

..because it's working, damn you. :(

Can I just ask why a bunch of people keep liking my 'Voting List'?

Didn't really think it was anything special, and I'm curious why people are liking it...

Reactions: Ack

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back