• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Vote Thread for Ack's Omake Corner

[X] Meet the Heberts - 6
[X] NSW - 5
[X] Really Bad End - 4
[X] Hostage Situation - 3
[X] Confrontation II - 2
[X] Trump Card - 1

[X] Recoil - 6
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 5
[X] I, Panacea - 4
[X] Wyvern - 3
[X] All Alone - 2
[X] Security! - 1

[X] Trump Card - 6
[X] Danny & Taylor - 5
[X] Bait & Switch - 4
[X] Hostage Situation - 3
[X] Confrontation II - 2
[X] Wyvern - 1

[X] NSW - 6
[X] Meet the Heberts - 5
[X] Danny & Taylor - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] One More Trigger - 2
[X] Bait & Switch - 1

[X] Recoil - 6
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 5
[X] Trump Card - 4
[X] War Games - 3
[X] Wyvern - 2
[X] I, Panacea - 1

Oh god, it's insanely useful.

I have a spreadsheet set up that lets me copy and paste the bulk of the listing from your counter. Drop it into the spreadsheet, and it presents me the new count, easy as pie. Takes me just a few minutes.

That's the way to do it! :D

I, Panacea has stepped up again, just 55 points ahead of its nearest rival, MirrorVerse. Next one after I, Pancea seems to be Really Bad End, but it's not unlikely that NSW and Wyvern really will overhaul it before it finally has a go on.

Oh, I'd say it's a lot more likely than that.

MirrorVerse is most likely going to take home Vote 86, by a margin of 20-some votes. Not that big in the scheme of things, but it's the very next vote, so unless someone mounts a determined campaign it's unlikely to shift much. But after that, Recoil looks set to charge ahead and win Vote 87 by a staggering 180+ votes. It brought in the most votes for the second round in a row running, and may be climbing up to Wyvern's old throne. Speaking of which, Wyvern is projected to take Vote 88 by 70+ votes -- on Christmas day, no less! (No guarantee there)

In Vote 89 we have NSW, projected to win by 20 votes. Still a few weeks away so that could change, but we'll see. Then finally, finally Really Bad End gets its turn in Vote 90, where it wins by a rock-solid 150+ votes. Alea Iacta Est follows suite in Vote 91, winning by 110+.

Predictions for the next few rounds have shifted from last time. Meet the Heberts has moved up in the schedule from Vote 94, and now looks to be winning Vote 92 by only 5 votes. We'll see if it holds there, or continues to gain ground. Trump Card is still expected to win Vote 93, but the margin is in the 20s -- enough for it to shift in the month it'll take us to get there. All Alone is in similar straights, winning Vote 94 with a margin in the 30s.

Finally, Danny & Taylor rounds out the selection in Vote 95, by a margin of 81.

From there, rounds-to-win estimates are:

Alea Iacta Est: 7
All Alone: 25
Bait & Switch: 23
Confrontation II: 3
Danny & Taylor: 35
Hostage Situation: 10
I, Panacea: 3
Junior Hero: 6
Meet the Heberts: 18
MirrorVerse: 14
NSW: 17
Nemesis: 14
One More Trigger: 8
Really Bad End: 45
Recoil: 3
Security!: 6
Slippery Slope: 5
Trump Card: 10
War Games: 5
Wyvern: 5

Accuracy this round was 97.46% overall, with an average deviation of 12. Most accurate was Really Bad End, which came in exactly on-target. Least accurate was Slippery Slope, which got a whopping 43 more votes than anticipated at only 89.83% accuracy.

And for my vote:
[X] Meet the Heberts - 6
[X] NSW - 5
[X] War Games - 4
[X] One More Trigger - 3
[X] Security! - 2
[X] Recoil - 1

[X] Recoil - 6
[X] Meet the Heberts - 5
[X] NSW - 4
[X] Trump Card - 3
[X] Danny & Taylor - 2
[X] Security! - 1
[_] One More Trigger - 0
[_] All Alone - 0

-shrugs-

Don't really like Mirrorverse personally. Sorry snake.

Just dropped in here to vote for my current favourite Ack fics... though I wonder if "It gets worse" is ok to vote on?

Taylor has one of the most amusing powers ever in that story.
It Gets Worse is not available to be voted on. It's currently in the 'extras', waiting in the wings for one of the main stories to finish (which is at this moment Security!, projected to end at around Chapter 50-52). Any votes to a story not on the voting list will be applied to the story that got the lowest vote count that round.

[X] Security! - 6
[X] Hostage Situation - 5
[X] Recoil - 4
[X] Slippery Slope - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] War Games - 1

[X] MirrorVerse - 6
[X] All Alone - 5
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 4
[X] Security! - 3
[X] One More Trigger - 2
[X] Wyvern - 1

MirrorVerse looks to finally be getting an update. YAY!:D

Last edited:
[X] Really Bad End - 6
[X] All Alone - 5
[X] Confrontation II - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Wyvern - 2
[X] One More Trigger - 1
[] Slippery Slope - 0
[] Alea Iacta Est - 0
[] Trump Card - 0
[] War Games - 0

It Gets Worse is not available to be voted on. It's currently in the 'extras', waiting in the wings for one of the main stories to finish (which is at this moment Security!, projected to end at around Chapter 50-52). Any votes to a story not on the voting list will be applied to the story that got the lowest vote count that round.

Ah, thanks for the information.

Reactions: Ack
Ack, I have two questions regarding ineligible votes being given to the story that got the lowest vote count.
  1. Do you give a person's unused votes to the lowest story? (A person uses their - 6 vote, and you giving their - 5 to - 1 votes to the lowest story.)
  2. Would it be possible to just give all of my votes to the lowest story one round?

[X] Security! - 6
[X] I, Panacea - 5
Would you be up for a deal? My - 6, - 5, and - 4 votes are spoken for. My - 3 vote is not. I would be willing to move Security! up to - 3 in my voting in exchange for you giving an equivalent, or higher if you want, vote for MirrorVerse. I'd even be willing to make it a permanent arrangement if you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back