• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Vote Thread for Ack's Omake Corner

[X] War Games - 6
[X] Slippery Slope - 5

Last edited:
My understanding of vote trading is that it's supposed to be an "I scratch your back, you scratch mine," kind of deal, essentially allowing the people trading to give each other a second vote on their chosen stories. For example, if Person 1's most favorite story is Junior Hero and Person 2's is Nemesis they both can give a max of 6 votes per round to each story. But if they agree to trade their 3 votes they can functionally give their favorite story 9 votes while helping the other person do the same.

In related news, I'm willing to trade my 2 or 4 votes for an equivalent vote for Slippery Slope or Security!
Pretty much this.

Generalizing, say only 100 points in votes are cast in a round. I like Slippery Slope, so let's say I put it as my 6 point vote, and didn't use any others. Let's say SS gets 15/100 votes. If I then use my number 5 to vote for something else just for the sake of voting, SS now gets 15/105, and because stories get updated based on what has the highest score instead of every time they reach a certain vote count, SS has been made weaker in the competition. It will take it longer to get updated. This is fine if you like your number 5 vote, but actively hurts your interests if SS is the only thing you care about.

However, a vote trade with someone else would make SS end up at 20/110, which is proportionally more than it got previously. As long as the story you want to vote for runs at less than 50% of the total votes in any given round (so literally anything, because nothing gets a majority of votes) and you do a 1-to-1 vote trade, that one is in your benefit.

tl;dr, trade votes, but if no one is trading, let your blank votes stay blank.

also, since you offered: I already have Security! at 2, but I'll give it 2 more if you give 2 to Trump Card.
https://forum.questionablequesting....r-acks-omake-corner.1144/page-210#post-707390

[X] Alea Iacta Est 6
[X] I, Panacea 5
[X] Recoil 4
[X] Nemesis 3
[X] Hostage Situation 2
[X] Wyvern 1

[X] Recoil - 6
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 3
[X] Trump Card - 5
[X] All Alone - 4
[X] One More Trigger - 2
[X] NSW - 1

thyrfa:
Slippery Slope added in position 3, in exchange for Trump Card. Agreed?
(I've already made the change, if it isn't possible I can change it back).

[X] Trump Card - 6
[X] Hostage Situation - 5
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Confrontation II - 2
[X] I, Panacea - 1

thyrfa :

Continuing every round sounds good.

Is slippery Slope a underdog story?
Eh, not really. It was first put up for voting in August, in vote 57. Since then, it has only won twice. Considering at that time Ack updated the voting list to include 20 stories, that's where you would expect the average story to be, wins wise, 40 votes later.

Eh, not really. It was first put up for voting in August, in vote 57. Since then, it has only won twice. Considering at that time Ack updated the voting list to include 20 stories, that's where you would expect the average story to be, wins wise, 40 votes later.
OK, it sounds fair to me.

[X] Recoil - 6
[X] Trump Card - 5
[X] Security! - 4
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 3
[X] Wyvern - 2
[X] One More Trigger - 1

I have 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 votes available to anyone and everyone who can offer me the equivalent for Slippery Slope.
I'll swap you Slippery Slope 4 for Recoil 4, Ongoing?

Edit: Just went back and changed my vote. Just reply to confirm if you want it ongoing or not.

Last edited:
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 4
[X] One More Trigger - 3
[X] Recoil - 5
[X] Trump Card - 1
[X] Wyvern - 2
[X] Hostage Situation -6

Last edited:
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 4
[X] One More Trigger - 3
[X] Recoil - 5
[X] Trump Card - 1
[X] Wyvern -2
You're allowed 6 votes. You can add another one to your list, or add one to the value of each of the five things that you're voting for.

If anyone is interested I am still willing to trade a vote for a vote for Security!. My - 1 vote is the only one I have left open.

You're allowed 6 votes. You can add another one to your list, or add one to the value of each of the five things that you're voting for.

If anyone is interested I am still willing to trade a vote for a vote for Security!. My - 1 vote is the only one I have left open.

thanks. for some reason when i was writing it up i could of sworn the rules said five votes.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back