• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Vote Thread for Ack's Omake Corner

Security! is indeed going to be ending soon, probably somewhere around* the Chapter 50 mark. Really Bad End won't be lasting too much longer, but that's okay, it's barely getting any votes as it is :p
The rest of them ... are pretty well here for the long run.

* that is, within one or two of the 50 mark.
But... but... but I don't want Security! to end... That almost unshaken spot as my 5-point vote (save for one or two time I, Panacea made it to that spot) isn't because I want it to end, it's because I wanna read MORE! Thankfully, you supply more with I, Panacea, and I, Scion,* so there's hope for more still.
*My inner grammar nazi is screaming at me SO bad for all those commas...

Actually, some ideas:
-I, Fortuna. Mike ends up in Contessa's head. Insertion points: a few weeks before Worm Canon; or right after Fortuna kills Eden.

-I, Cauldron. Mike ends up in Doctor Mother's (is her real name given in canon?) head. Insertion point: right after Dr. Mother convinces Contessa to let her be in charge.

-I, Eden. After his experience as an Entity in I, Scion, Mike is 'reborn' as an Entity once more; this time, he's Eden. Insertion point: Right after Eden's collision with Abadon (I think that's how it's spelled...). Depending on how you handle this one, it could actually work as a conclusion to the series. Have Mike take over Eden, he makes sure Eden doesn't crash, completely reworks the 'cycle', and discovers the solution to heat-death, or whatever the Entities want, letting him and Zion leave Earth, without destroying it and go on to spread the solution to the rest of the Entities, while shifting the focus of shards still on Earth from fostering conflict to bettering the planet and species as a whole. Mike finds out that his taking over Eden was the final solution the PtV shard gave when asked for a solution to heat-death, and all 1x10^999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999 steps of the Path are now complete. Everything, down to Eden crashing and getting killed the first time was all part of he Path to getting Mike there. GU is the one to explain this to Mike, just for shiggles.

All the same, That's still going to be quite a while until the next secondary vote, and if all the other fics are truly in it for the long haul... Perhaps after a week or two with the new fics in the lineup, you'll consider adding another spot onto the voting list...

*edit, added a good chunk to the I, Eden suggestion.

Last edited:
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 5
[X] Recoil - 4
[X] Trump Card - 3
[X] NSW - 2
[X] One More Trigger - 1

I missed the secondary votes :(
I want more Slippery Slope - But Alea Iacta Est is amazing too.

I want more Ack.

Also - kudos on the Confrontation end - I didn't feel the original was bad, but the new rewrite flows brilliantly. Very, very well done.

Reactions: Ack
[X] Recoil - 5
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 4
[X] Trump Card - 3
[X] All Alone - 2
[X] One More Trigger - 1

[X] Bait & Switch - 1
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 2
[X] One More Trigger - 3
[X] Danny & Taylor - 4
[X] Really Bad End - 5

[X] Recoil - 5
[X] I, Panacea - 4
[X] All Alone- 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] Security! - 1

[X] MirrorVerse - 5
[X] Recoil - 4
[X] Trump Card - 3
[X] Security! – 2
[X] One More Trigger - 1

[X] Alea Iacta Est - 5
[X] Recoil - 4
[X] I, Panacea - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] Danny & Taylor - 1

Last edited:
[X] Security! - 5
[X] I, Panacea - 4
[X] One More Trigger - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] War Games - 1

Dr. Mercurious - quoting edale's post with the problem fixed won't actually do anything, because it's inside quotes, which are BBcode. You need to go back and fix your original post.

But... but... but I don't want Security! to end... That almost unshaken spot as my 5-point vote (save for one or two time I, Panacea made it to that spot) isn't because I want it to end, it's because I wanna read MORE! Thankfully, you supply more with I, Panacea, and I, Scion,* so there's hope for more still.
*My inner grammar nazi is screaming at me SO bad for all those commas...

Actually, some ideas:
-I, Fortuna. Mike ends up in Contessa's head. Insertion points: a few weeks before Worm Canon; or right after Fortuna kills Eden.

-I, Cauldron. Mike ends up in Doctor Mother's (is her real name given in canon?) head. Insertion point: right after Dr. Mother convinces Contessa to let her be in charge.

-I, Eden. After his experience as an Entity in I, Scion, Mike is 'reborn' as an Entity once more; this time, he's Eden. Insertion point: Right after Eden's collision with Abadon (I think that's how it's spelled...). Depending on how you handle this one, it could actually work as a conclusion to the series. Have Mike take over Eden, he makes sure Eden doesn't crash, completely reworks the 'cycle', and discovers the solution to heat-death, or whatever the Entities want, letting him and Zion leave Earth, without destroying it and go on to spread the solution to the rest of the Entities, while shifting the focus of shards still on Earth from fostering conflict to bettering the planet and species as a whole. Mike finds out that his taking over Eden was the final solution the PtV shard gave when asked for a solution to heat-death, and all 1x10^999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999 steps of the Path are now complete. Everything, down to Eden crashing and getting killed the first time was all part of he Path to getting Mike there. GU is the one to explain this to Mike, just for shiggles.
I doubt I'll be doing anything else with Mike Allen. After Security!, I, Panacea and I, Scion, he'll be retiring.

This won't necessarily be the end of my forays into SI, but I won't be putting myself into the story again.

All the same, That's still going to be quite a while until the next secondary vote, and if all the other fics are truly in it for the long haul... Perhaps after a week or two with the new fics in the lineup, you'll consider adding another spot onto the voting list...

*edit, added a good chunk to the I, Eden suggestion.
... you do realise that I can only write so fast. More vote points will make for bigger numbers, but that's about it. People will vote for what they will vote for.

[X] NSW - 5
[X] I, Panacea - 4
[X] One More Trigger - 3
[X] Security! - 2
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 1

[X] Trump Card - 5
[X] I, Panacea - 4
[X] One More Trigger - 3
[X] Security! - 2
[X] Recoil - 1

For the first time since I've started voting on this thread, I have a problem: There are you many good stories I want to vote for! Guess I'll finally have to drop Junior Hero. :(

[X] War Games - 5
[X] Recoil - 4
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 3
[X] Security! - 2
[X] All Alone - 1

Last edited:
[X] War Games - 5
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 4
[X] All Alone - 3
[X] Danny & Taylor - 2
[X] One More Trigger- 1

This won't necessarily be the end of my forays into SI, but I won't be putting myself into the story again.
SI... Without putting yourself into the story... Isn't that just adding an OC, and not SI at all?
... you do realise that I can only write so fast. More vote points will make for bigger numbers, but that's about it. People will vote for what they will vote for.
I think you misunderstood what I was saying.

Right now you have 15 stories on the list we can vote for, I was talking about upping that to 16 stories we could vote for; I wasn't talking about increasing voting points... Basically having another secondary vote in a week or two, despite no stories ending.

And yes people will vote for what they vote for, but if for example Nemesis was on the voting list, even if pepperjack (I keep wanting to capitalize that, heh) was the only person voting for it, eventually a chapter would come up.

If a story is on the voting list, eventually a chapter will get written. If it's not on the voting list, it's completely up to the mood you're in if a chapter will get written, and you tend to focus more of the stories we vote for (I'm not complaining about this, it's actually kinda refreshing compared to most fic authors)... And some of your new stories not on the list are really good (*cough* Slippery Slope *cough* and yes... Nemesis is good as well).

SI... Without putting yourself into the story... Isn't that just adding an OC, and not SI at all?I think you misunderstood what I was saying.

Right now you have 15 stories on the list we can vote for, I was talking about upping that to 16 stories we could vote for; I wasn't talking about increasing voting points... Basically having another secondary vote in a week or two, despite no stories ending.

And yes people will vote for what they vote for, but if for example Nemesis was on the voting list, even if pepperjack (I keep wanting to capitalize that, heh) was the only person voting for it, eventually a chapter would come up.

If a story is on the voting list, eventually a chapter will get written. If it's not on the voting list, it's completely up to the mood you're in if a chapter will get written, and you tend to focus more of the stories we vote for (I'm not complaining about this, it's actually kinda refreshing compared to most fic authors)... And some of your new stories not on the list are really good (*cough* Slippery Slope *cough* and yes... Nemesis is good as well).
Your points are good.

I will think about this.

even if pepperjack (I keep wanting to capitalize that, heh)
Feel free. I am sure some folks feel differently about their own usernames, but mine is lowercase simply because it's just that tiniest bit quicker to log in that way. I don't mind at all if you capitalize it, especially at the beginning of a sentence or something.

(I was expecting to be a lurker when I made my account here. It doesn't matter what your name is if you never post, right?

Heh. Heh heh. Yeah.)

Feel free. I am sure some folks feel differently about their own usernames, but mine is lowercase simply because it's just that tiniest bit quicker to log in that way. I don't mind at all if you capitalize it, especially at the beginning of a sentence or something.

(I was expecting to be a lurker when I made my account here. It doesn't matter what your name is if you never post, right?

Heh. Heh heh. Yeah.)
*Reads post* *looks at his own lower-case username* Yea, I know what you mean.:D

And some of your new stories not on the list are really good (*cough* Slippery Slope *cough* and yes... Nemesis is good as well).
I've actually been looking for an excuse to mention this: I think Slippery Slope is really good, too. I just hate the way it makes me feel, so I don't read it. If I enjoyed that feeling, I'd be voting it up all day long.

I've actually been looking for an excuse to mention this: I think Slippery Slope is really good, too. I just hate the way it makes me feel, so I don't read it. If I enjoyed that feeling, I'd be voting it up all day long.
The fact that it makes you feel anything at all is how you know it's well done.:D It means your mind's been engaged with the possibilities of the story.

The fact that it makes you feel anything at all is how you know it's well done.:D It means your mind's been engaged with the possibilities of the story.
I'm pretty sure that's what I just said, only phrased a different way and minus the bit where I don't actually enjoy reading it.

[X] NSW - 5
[X] Danny & Taylor - 4
[X] Security! - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] I, Panacea - 1

[X] Recoil - 5
[X] Security! - 4
[X] I, Panacea - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 1

[X] MirrorVerse - 5