• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Vote Thread for Ack's Omake Corner

[X] Recoil - 6
[X] Trump Card - 5
[X] I, Panacea - 4
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 3
[X] War Games - 2
[X] Wyvern - 1
[] One More Trigger -
[] All Alone -
[] Junior Hero - 0
[] Hostage Situation -

... I couldn't find "Are You Afraid of the Dark? anywhere in either list, what's the status on that story Ack?

One of the many brief never-on-any-list writings, I think. Same category as It Gets Worse and Price of Blood.
Will be updated whenever the author thinks convenient, might end up on the list if a few other stories get finished (which admittedly doesn't seem particularly likely anytime soon).

Thanks for reminding me of it, by the way - I'll add it to my next vote (probably not at 14 points, but definitely at least 7).
Basically, yes.

I might actually add my never-voted stories to the official inactive list. Just so when the time comes, we can decide what's going back on the list.

Okay, what I've added to the vote-count page:

In addition, stories that have never made it on to the voting list before. These are not on the voting list:
Afraid of the Dark [0] (Danny is an expy of John Wick. Taylor just went through the Locker. Be very afraid.)
Another Way [0] (Marquis beat shit out of BBB, then spent the next eight years in Boston. Now that his daughter has triggered, he's come back. She's having a ball.)
Conflict [0] (It's 1980. Contessa managed to shank Eden without getting nerfed. Doctor Mother now has Eidolon's powerset, without the insecurity complex. They've got two years to prepare before Scion shows up.)
Entanglement [0] (Taylor has her bug powers. However, she is now randomly body-swapping with a Taylor from an Earth without super-powers. Both are rather confused.)
Fuck Worm! [0] {NSFW} (A double SI, where a couple gets dropped into the Wormverse on opposite sides. Only just started.)
Greg Veder, Conquering Hero [0] {NSFW} (Greg actually gets to be the hero and get the girl. Will be short.)
I'm HALPING! [0] (Taylor has a new friend. He's a cute teenage boy, who also happens to be an Endbringer. Cue hijinks.)
It Gets Worse [0] (Taylor has a pre-emptive power designed to rain down havoc on anyone trying to harm her or anyone she cares for. Coincidences get somewhat ridiculous at times.)
One Bad Day [0] (Sophia murders Grue. Taylor murders Sophia and Madison. Lisa murders her new team leader. Amy mindwipes Vicky. It's one hell of a bad day.)
Price of Blood [0] (Taylor's power is responsible for hundreds of deaths. Shadow Stalker is now working for Coil. Things are actually looking up.)
Yet Another Way [0] (A spin-off of Another Way, where Carol killed Amy. The BBB is now out of the picture, and Marquis has managed to adopt the Dallon and Pelham kids.)

Other stories, still in development. Also not on the voting list:
A Friend At Winslow - Non-Taylor-centric, but involving Taylor.
The Centre Cannot Hold - Taylor gets a really weird power, and makes full use of it. Crack.
Dinah Alcott, Ruler of the World - Exactly what it says on the tin.
EverYthiNg YoU kNow iS WroNg - The Birdcage is a luxury resort. Marquis was sandbagging. It's all a LIE, I tell you! Pure crack.
Force Projection - A sequel to my original fiction Number Two.
Hostile Takeover - Marquis had a son. He's just come back to Brockton Bay.
Identity Theft - An international freelancer needs to hide out in Brockton Bay. Guess who she looks like?
Isel - Prequel to my original fiction King's Man
Parallel - A time travel story, involving Taylor's son from after Gold Morning.
Living in Brockton Bay is Suffering - A perfect storm of bad events happens, leaving Tagg in charge of the PRT, based in Brockton Bay.
Library Blues (working title) - A massive AU where Taylor is an adult, working in the library of Winslow High. Brian is the principal, and Sophia is the head coach.
Terminal: A cancer sufferer triggers with powers. His life does not improve. News at eleven.

Last edited:
[X] All Alone - 6
[X] Confrontation II - 5
[X] Trump Card - 4
[X] Wyvern - 3

[X] Hostage Situation - 6
[X] War Games - 5
[X] Wyvern - 4
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] I, Panacea - 1

I cannot get enough of 'It Gets Worse'. Of course that's going to win my top vote [EDIT: as soon as it actually comes up for a vote...]. :D

Last edited:
[X] It Gets Worse - 6
[X] Hostage Situation - 5
[X] War Games - 4
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 3
[X] I'm HALPING! - 2
[X] Wyvern - 1

I cannot get enough of 'It Gets Worse'. Of course that's going to win my top vote. :D
You do realise that It Gets Worse and I'm HALPING! are not actually on the voting list, yeah?

Sorry if it seemed that I was adding them to the list, but I'm still trying to whittle down the list I have now.

You do realise that It Gets Worse and I'm HALPING! are not actually on the voting list, yeah?

Sorry if it seemed that I was adding them to the list, but I'm still trying to whittle down the list I have now.
Ah. Thanks for clarifying, I guess. I'll just... go back and edit my vote then... <whistles innocently>

Reactions: Ack
[X] Recoil - 6
[X] War Games - 5
[X] One More Trigger - 4
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 3

Will trade remaining votes for War Games and Recoil.

[X] Trump Card - 6
[X] Wyvern - 5
[X] Hostage Situation - 4
[X] I, Panacea - 3
[X] Recoil - 2
[X] One More Trigger - 1

[X] NSW - 6
[X] Hostage Situation - 5
[X] Danny & Taylor - 4
[X] Trump Card - 3

A Friend At Winslow - Non-Taylor-centric, but involving Taylor.

Aw, Taylor's got a friend...who's into music...and birds...and conspiracy theories...and technology...you know what, I feel the need to run away screaming, gottagoby!

EverYthiNg YoU kNow iS WroNg - The Birdcage is a luxury resort. Marquis was sandbagging. It's all a LIE, I tell you! Pure crack.

"We pride ourselves at having the most stringent admission requirements anywhere! Why, it's easier to get incarcerated into a Max-Sec!"

Hostile Takeover - Marquis had a son. He's just come back to Brockton Bay.

Amy scows at her father. "....geez, Dad, you were a total manwhore weren't you??"

Identity Theft - An international freelancer needs to hide out in Brockton Bay. Guess who she looks like?

I will be deeply disappointed if she doesn't look like Madison.

Living in Brockton Bay is Suffering - A perfect storm of bad events happens, leaving Tagg in charge of the PRT, based in Brockton Bay.

"Colin, the Simurgh has just somehow acquired a microwave and twelve boxes of Pop-Secret legendary and infamous 'Ghost Pepper Salt Popcorn.' We may have a problem."

Library Blues (working title) - A massive AU where Taylor is an adult, working in the library of Winslow High. Brian is the principal, and Sophia is the head coach.

...dude, you're on your own with blurbs for this one.

Doctor Mercurious' Plot Offerings to Ack:

Being Taylor is Suppering: Taylor is a Trump whose power involves summoning food stuffs which buff (and debuff!) people. All she wants to do is run a diner, why won't these crazy heroes and villains leave her the heck alone??

You May Be Eaten: Aisha does not survive the event that causes Brian to Trigger. This is really really bad. Darkness!Grue cross. And NSFW because his powers keep calling up Aisha clones who want to be very close to Grue.

Nefarious: Things are looking up for Taylor; Winslow settled out of court for silly amounts of money, the Trio are in jail awaiting trial, her relationship with her dad is improving, what could go wrong? Well, howabout being at a certain bank when it gets robbed? Howabout having your dad get killed by an overzealous Bitch. Howabout Triggering, and your Trigger basically turns EVERY HERO AND VILLAIN at the bank (including the Wards) into an extension of your will? Yeah, things go downhill REALLY QUICK; especially since every parahuman she defeats becomes another she subsumes...

Rat Queen: Danny's manifestation of QA was to involve rats. This still happens, and the Dockworkers are one of the most feared gangs in the bay specializing in subtrefuge, espionage, information brokering and the like. Poor Taylor has no clue, she just spends her days in Arcadia getting straight As and palling around with Vic and Amy who seem very friendly for some reason. Then events conspire and Taylor becomes The Rat Queen, a powerful Brute/Changer/Master/Striker combo.. And, of course, her life turns to shit.

...I regret nothing. Oh, Ack? Steven King called, he wants his shtick back.

EDIT: Why yes, 'Rat Queen' does have a genderbent Vicki. You're welcome.

[X] Alea Iacta Est - 2
[X] Recoil - 6
[X] Trump Card - 5
[X] Wyvern - 1
[X] I, Panacea - 3

[X] I, Panacea - 6
[X] Wyvern - 5
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] War Games- 2
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 1

Being Taylor is Suppering: Taylor is a Trump whose power involves summoning food stuffs which buff (and debuff!) people. All she wants to do is run a diner, why won't these crazy heroes and villains leave her the heck alone??
I'd actually like to read this one. Sounds fun.

Aw, Taylor's got a friend...who's into music...and birds...and conspiracy theories...and technology...you know what, I feel the need to run away screaming, gottagoby!
He's perfectly normal, I swear.

Well, mostly.

"We pride ourselves at having the most stringent admission requirements anywhere! Why, it's easier to get incarcerated into a Max-Sec!"
Well, see, the general public thinks it's a Max-Sec. It's where capes go to unwind.

Amy scows at her father. "....geez, Dad, you were a total manwhore weren't you??"
" ... you thought otherwise?"

I will be deeply disappointed if she doesn't look like Madison.
Prepare to be deeply disappointed. Remember, Madison's about five foot nothing. Very few adults are that short.

"Colin, the Simurgh has just somehow acquired a microwave and twelve boxes of Pop-Secret legendary and infamous 'Ghost Pepper Salt Popcorn.' We may have a problem."
They've got more problems than that :p

...dude, you're on your own with blurbs for this one.
Well, between the fact that Brian's marriage to Sophia being seriously on the rocks since she left him for actress and supermodel Emma Barnes, and that he's currently having an affair with Taylor ...

You May Be Eaten: Aisha does not survive the event that causes Brian to Trigger. This is really really bad. Darkness!Grue cross. And NSFW because his powers keep calling up Aisha clones who want to be very close to Grue.

Nefarious: Things are looking up for Taylor; Winslow settled out of court for silly amounts of money, the Trio are in jail awaiting trial, her relationship with her dad is improving, what could go wrong? Well, howabout being at a certain bank when it gets robbed? Howabout having your dad get killed by an overzealous Bitch. Howabout Triggering, and your Trigger basically turns EVERY HERO AND VILLAIN at the bank (including the Wards) into an extension of your will? Yeah, things go downhill REALLY QUICK; especially since every parahuman she defeats becomes another she subsumes...

Rat Queen: Danny's manifestation of QA was to involve rats. This still happens, and the Dockworkers are one of the most feared gangs in the bay specializing in subtrefuge, espionage, information brokering and the like. Poor Taylor has no clue, she just spends her days in Arcadia getting straight As and palling around with Vic and Amy who seem very friendly for some reason. Then events conspire and Taylor becomes The Rat Queen, a powerful Brute/Changer/Master/Striker combo.. And, of course, her life turns to shit.

...I regret nothing. Oh, Ack? Steven King called, he wants his shtick back.

EDIT: Why yes, 'Rat Queen' does have a genderbent Vicki. You're welcome.
Noice.

Worm+Toriko crossover? (I regret nothing!)

Seriously though, this one sounds fun.

Worm+Toriko crossover? (I regret nothing!)

Seriously though, this one sounds fun.

I was thinking A good Rogue Taylor story who makes 'Brawnberry Pies', 'Pasta to Beat Alls', "Stop-a-Fella-Quicks (now with more Knots-A-Fella Squeeze)', Ork Chops' and lots of food with punny names. Just don't bite the 'Dog Hots', they'll bite back. With fire.

[X] War Games - 6
[X] All Alone - 5
[X] I, Panacea - 4
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 3
[X] Hostage Situation - 2
[X] Wyvern - 1

[X] Wyvern - 6
[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] Trump Card - 4
[X] One More Trigger - 3
[X] Recoil - 2
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 1

Doctor Mercurious' Plot Offerings to Ack

I thought Ack had enough on his plate and was planning on finishing that.
Please do not keep giving him new plot bunnies?

Eh, who am I kidding - these sound excellent, and Ack usually improves on ideas!

Ack - have you considered writing a fic where Grue gets his bonesaw-enhanced power from the beginning itself? He can have the power of all the parahumans in his darkness, but it's only when he trans up with Skitter can he multitask effectively enough to use them...

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back