• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Wily Quest: The year is 21XX. This makes no sense.

croaker said:
Hedgeshock the Pseudoroid?

I'm not so good at naming. It's roughly based on a porcupine with lots of very sharp, very strong spines coming out of its back.

Shock sounds fine. I don't mind giving it an electric attack. Whats the hedge part of the name from?

Repeat after me

Bass & Treble
Rock & Roll

This is how you do naming when dealing with Mega Man companion characters.

I really hope that Crash Man survived, or that if he didn't we can rename Crush Man to Crash Man.

Because then we can have 'Crash & Burn'.

megrisvernin said:
I'm not so good at naming. It's roughly based on a porcupine with lots of very sharp, very strong spines coming out of its back.

Shock sounds fine. I don't mind giving it an electric attack. Whats the hedge part of the name from?

No, I'm just reminded of this fellow here:

http://megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Hedgeshock_the_Erinaceroid

synonyms: demolish, raze (to the ground), tear down, knock down, destroy, wreck, devastate, obliterate; total

Which is how we on IRC choose the name Raze.

Also, stop giving it powers, it's a companion that's going to use the Super Adaptor abilities like Treble.

and How do I mix up a robot that has a mane, a feline style body, and a long straight tail as a cat and not a wolf, well I wonder how that could happen.

Ah no worries, I wasn't planning on adding powers, I was asking if it was based on the Hedgehog.

[X] Big Bubble. By overcharging the bubble lead, an expanding bubble can be created. Charging for too long will result in it rupturing and spilling out everywhere, but before that point a very large sphere can be created. It serves a number of functions, including attack, defensive maneuvers as the waters turn shots aside, and for Bubble Man, who can pass through the tensile surface without rupturing it somehow, transport.
[X] Bring him up to spec with the later models, no robot master should be left behind just because he's an older model, and this is the perfect opportunity to fix that issue.
[X] Speaking of which, fix that walking issue already.

Redon said:
and How do I mix up a robot that has a mane, a feline style body, and a long straight tail as a cat and not a wolf, well I wonder how that could happen.
It's really the snout that gives it away; cats don't have a face that juts out like a dog's does. The mane and build I can't really say if it's feline; I always thought it was in a cartoonish wolf style; like how the differentiate dogs from wolves by having the wolves fur be all different and shit.

[X] Big Bubble. By overcharging the bubble lead, an expanding bubble can be created. Charging for too long will result in it rupturing and spilling out everywhere, but before that point a very large sphere can be created. It serves a number of functions, including attack, defensive maneuvers as the waters turn shots aside, and for Bubble Man, who can pass through the tensile surface without rupturing it somehow, transport.
[X] Bring him up to spec with the later models, no robot master should be left behind just because he's an older model, and this is the perfect opportunity to fix that issue.

[X] Support Unit: Mega Man had a cat and a dog, Crush Man shall have a... Bear... It's name will be Raze.

Last edited by a moderator:

[X] Support Unit: Mega Man had a cat and a dog, Crush Man shall have a... Bear... It's name will be Raze.

Finishing your work on Bubbleman. You fit in the final piece. The integrated circuit.

And Bubbleman powers on.

And latches onto you and starts crying.

Uh well~

[]What do?

Well after all that was relieved with Bubbleman you finish up Raze and introduce him to Crushman.

"He is your new support unit. Capable and quite handy to have around."

Crushman continues his silence. Well you have yet to get him to talk. You were kinda hoping this would help.

He is however treating Raze well like a cat? Well Crushman apparently likes Raze and that's all that matters really.

+ 2 Support

Hero Forces Breakdown

Crushman Tier 2 via Raze
Hydroman, Bubbleman, and Dinoman Tier 1

Big Parts
Wind Generators, and Launch Octopus

So what do you do now?
[] Your Doctor Wily~ It's time to go on the offense
[]Your First Target is Maverick
[]Better write in's here = much more points.

[] Build up your forces~ Build more units. Have more powah.
[]Wait for a response from one of your children.
[]Try to bug Zero.

Extra Action
[]Break Down Launch Octopus and see what's actually of worth in his body.
[]What's this? A message from the Glorious Sigma? Oh you can't wait to mock him to his face. ~Talking is a free action.
[]Cause some trouble.~What you may be saving the world but it's not like anyone would notice~

Hunting down one of the so called Mavericks was easy. You'd just found one of it's units and took over. You took over the entire network. After all, none of these weaklings can compare to a robot master on the net. Mostly because you are the network.

Sting Chameleon. It's well not as bad as some the names you've heard of but it's not great. And from what you've analyzed from the mechaloids. He's weak to exactly what you do. It's almost as if they want you to put on a good show.

Well you can and will. After all you've done a little bit of tinkering on yourself.

You are Metalman. Wily No. 09 You aren't a dentist.

You are a Robot Master.

And Sting Chameleon can't hide from you.

You fling a sawblade at a nearby tree as it spurts oil.

"Found you."

[]What now?
14/15 Wily points
7/9 Support points

Bubble Man
[X] Well Done my son, now tell me what you've been up to in the time that I've been gone.

[X]Try to bug Zero.

[X]Break Down Launch Octopus and see what's actually of worth in his body.
[X]What's this? A message from the Glorious Sigma? Oh you can't wait to mock him to his face. ~Talking is a free action.

Metal Man
[X] It's not a show without an audience, time to let the world know you're putting on a show, after all, what's the point of showing off if Father doesn't know about it?
-[X] Hack the New Networks and show that you won't be outdone by Bubble Man.
-[X] No need to hold back, let's go wild and show off our new tricks.

[X] Console your wayward son; ask what has happened in your absence, which of his kin are still alive, and assure him that the world will know the might of Wily and the Robot Masters once more

[X]Try to bug Zero.
- Your newest son; apparently a member of the Maverick Hunters and on good terms with...Mega Man?! No, wait; not Mega Man...but-oh goddammit! Seriously? Light seriously got the same idea as you and made his own advanced design?! Well, at least his specs are lackluster compared to Zero's; but if you know your arch-rival, and you do, there are likely upgrades and enhancements he has prepared for his latest creation to pick up when needed.

[X]What's this? A message from the Glorious Sigma? Oh you can't wait to mock him to his face.
- [X] Now now; you can have your little temper tantrum later, ok? Right now it's time for grown-up work; mmkay?

Metal Man
[X] It's not a show without an audience, time to let the world know you're putting on a show, after all, what's the point of showing off if Father doesn't know about it?

Vote Reasoning: Bubbleman should have at least a passing clue on which Robot Masters are still online, or at the very least aren't KIA/MIA. From there Wily should consolidate while also trying to reach out to his children still alive. The Zero thing's there for us to find out about the Maverick Hunters, specifically X and thus X's upgrades; which we can totally find and rip-off for ourselves.

Sigma should be treated like the megalomaniacal manchild he's acting like; i.e. not seriously and with full condescension. Obviously we won't underestimate him, but we should make it clear we've done this song and dance far longer and far better than he has; so it's clear we're in control here.

We're stealing armies left and right in a world completely unprepared for us... and you want MORE robots? I'd like to examine the ones we've already got first for ideas at the very least tbh.

Guess there's never enough Dakka eh?

Plus... all the options vote... always hate those... on principle. It's not much of a choice if you pick them all imo.

You kinda can't do all the things.

Redon said:
We're stealing armies left and right in a world completely unprepared for us... and you want MORE robots? I'd like to examine the ones we've already got first for ideas at the very least tbh.

Guess there's never enough Dakka eh?

Plus... all the options vote... always hate those... on principle. It's not much of a choice if you pick them all imo.
Wily never struck me as the kind of man who ever really stopped building robots; like, ever.

In lieu of my vote being shot down I'm now advocating bugging Zero; because we're having Metal Man do his thing broadcasting on the interwebs so 'try to reach another Robot Master' is covered on that front, and building robots pales in comparison to having to measure our e-peen to Dr.Light's examine and study Light's latest and apparently greatest creation.

[X]What's this? A message from the Glorious Sigma? Oh you can't wait to mock him to his face.
- [X] Now now; you can have your little temper tantrum later, ok? Right now it's time for grown-up work; mmkay?

Zero's PoV

Slightly before the Announcement to the world.

Everyone went Maverick. Of course they had to. It's not like it's their job to be the police force against Mavericks. No all it takes is one guy going Maverick to say "Job sucks. Anarchy now you fuckers." And now you have to do the paperwork for this mess.

Of course they made you temporary leader of the maverick hunters. It's not like you don't have better things to do.

However you do have some good news. Launch Octopus is gone. Crushed by some Robot you have no clue about.

Bad news is Launch Octopus, an extremely capable maverick hunter was defeated by some old robot you have no clue about. And it stole all of his forces. It looked familar somehow. Some old memory file maybe?

It's a really old robot as well. One that looks much older then you or X. A robot that predates you and X is worrying.

And then there was that other one. It was new.

"Commander Zero. You need to come see this. Some Wierd Old Dr. Guy took over the TV!"

Oh god. What now.

Insert Wily Speech.

"Commander Zero that man claimed to be your Crea-"

"Nope."

"Wha?"

"Not dealing with this. I'm going to go hunt down Sigma. At least I can punch him in the face."

Because Zero never learned how to talk out his problems.

But he doesn't know the worse thing you can do to Dr. Wily is to ignore him~

Or he'll manage to get himself blown up SOMEHOW (it's his specialty after all) and we'll just put him back together.

I'm pretty sure Wily doesn't have the 100 and change years it'll take for Zero to learn how to talk to people in any fashion.

[X] Try to Bug Zero.
-[X] Did you know, Doctor Wily can be reached at this number and/or location? And also, today is international Converse With Your Creator Day! Chocolate is appreciated but not necessary, Zero.
--[X] Guess what every print-off in the Maverick Hunter's Head Office now starts and ends with?

Extra Action
[X] Mess with Launch Octopus' bits.
-[X] Check the code for junk lines and useless or redundant functions left by INFERIOR science-wizards. Don't just dismiss things as junk right away though, it's always possible that there MIGHT be a nugget of gold in the pig trough somewhere. After that take stock of mechanisms and weapons schematics, see if there's at least something interesting there. Keep the integrated circuit safe if you find it undamaged. You might want to make a show later of revealing this one, refurbished and better than new. Maybe.

Metal Man

Because the Metal Man vote is pretty Unanimous

Metal Man

Another feed opens up. This one is broadcasting on all channels. It seems one of your children is having some fun.

"Come on! You new models. Aren't you supposed to be better then us? Well considering one of your guys lost to Bubbleman I kind of doubt it. Come on. Come on. Show me. Show me."

Metal man runs full speed at Sting Chameleon and slides under him. Slicing up his underside as he does.

"Is this the best you got? No wonder that Maverick lost."

Metal man dodges three beams of energy.

"Come on~ You are slower then a metall. Woodman's faster then you."

Spines fire from the sky and impact Metalman's armor.

"Finally. Well now can you keep that up?"

Cracks are forming in his Metalman's armor.

Internal Diagnosis is running. Overdrive at 89%

Metalman smiles.

"Come on~"

Metalman throws a lot more sawblades at the Chameleon. Casually ripping up his armor.

"I wonder if that Octopus that Bubble was fighting was stronger then you~."

Chameleon goes invisible even to Metal Man's sensors.

Overdrive at 100%

"Going invisible won't save you~"

Metal STORM

Metal blades appear every where slicing through everything.

Sting Chameleon reappears but in pieces.

"What. What was that?"

"Unlimited Metal Blade Works, Bitch."

Energy level 5%

"I may have overdone it. Just a bit."

Metalman is now grandstanding.

"People of Whatever this place is. I am Metal Man. Wily No. 09 Second Generation Robot Master. And I am in Control. I defeated your champion in mortal combat. By that measure I am now ruler of whatever this place is. You may bring tribute to my greatness. For I am a kind and just ruler. I invite my younger sibling Zero to meet and have tea. I also invite my father as well."

Metalman does a quick broadcast that pretty much no one but a robot master could understand with the location of where he is.

And the feed dies as Metal Man shuts it off. He sits down.

"I really need a E tank right about now. Good thing I've got a few minions that can help with that."

All of the nearby mechaloids move out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back