• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Technically, Beetleborgs is also a parallel universe that has Power Rangers comics and a TV series (and the reverse is also true).

There's the comic crossover that happens later during Turbo, but there are some easter eggs about it in earlier seasons where they used the prop comics from Beetleborgs in MMPR at different points there since they, apparently, made a LOT of them as extras.
The blue beetleborg actor also appeared in an episode of Turbo. I don't know if that was just as a random extra, or intended to lead into a live action crossover that got canned?

There are apparently also a few episodes that never aired in Season 3 of MMPR, the "big one" being a planned 4 part crossover episode with Masked Rider that was mostly finished and supposed to be a 2 episodes of MMPR and 2 episodes of MR, which would have been at the tail end of MR's shown episodes, and be a 2 weekend event thing, but MR's ratings kind of killed that one. They were also planning a crossover with Mystic Knights which had props and a script, but budget shifted other than some small bits of filming...both of those had parts lifted and re-used as Fox Kids bumper material at the time.
Are there any articles about these? I haven't heard about it before.

Interesting that OL didn't recognise the name. But given that he's also having trouble remembering some of the Ranger's identities, it's probably down to his familiarity with the series being at a 'It was on in the background at friends' places' level and he has only the most tenuous familiarity with the setup.
If you're referencing OL not recognising Zordon's name then we may have a bigger problem. OL internally monologues about "Zordon choosing his teenagers based on attitude" and then says he doesn't recognise the name. He may be slowly suffering the same problem he does in the Young Justice universe of not recognising the material your current universe is based on. He hesitated remembering the name of Angel Grove, corrected himself on whether one of the Rangers is named Billy or William and now doesn't know who Zordon is anymore. Or he's just pretending not to know who Zordon is to not giveaway that he knows who the Power Rangers are in the same way that he doesn't let DC characters know that they're comic characters to him.

That 1969 team and Promethea are from the Boom Comics timeline, which isn't the same as the show's timeline which is considered the prime timeline. They're not the same continuity.

Or why Rita didn't invade literally anywhere else with her teleporters.
It wouldn't have mattered if she did. While later Ranger teams were generally stuck in their cities unless they used their zoids or something to travel, the Zordon era Rangers all had the ability to teleport, something that became more sporadic in the post-Zordon era.

If Rita had attacked any other location, Zordon would have detected it, contacted the Rangers via their communicators and then they would have teleported into battle.

That 1969 team and Promethea are from the Boom Comics timeline, which isn't the same as the show's timeline which is considered the prime timeline. They're not the same continuity.
Incorrect.

Promethea is from the mian timeline, it's the corporation that built Terra Venture. It just wasn't prominently featured in the main timeline till much later compared to the alternate timeline where they encountered it at a much earlier point due to the events of Shattered Grid.

The blue beetleborg actor also appeared in an episode of Turbo. I don't know if that was just as a random extra, or intended to lead into a live action crossover that got canned?
There was a plan for it, but they cancelled it because it was the kind of setup that would have blown an entire seasons worth of budget...but the script was reused for the comic. But most of the Saban shows used actors from the others as extras in them because they already had them contracted for things, Mystic Knights being the exception because it was filmed elsewhere.

Are there any articles about these? I haven't heard about it before.
I mainly remember it from an interview with the kid who played Dex in the Season 2 episode and the MR series for that one, and he was annoyed because Saban didn't want to pay him for the episodes since they were never finished, which was followed by Fox needing to make a deal for the bumper footage at a later point, and parts of it were also either Nick or Disney considering doing a revamp of the MR series like they did with MMPR with the added visual effects and even more camp...that was asked due to him being on a show in the early 2000's about one of the movies he was involved in following the end of MR and they had one of the Power Rangers actors or actresses there though not MMPR era which is what brought it up...along with him going into a thing about the issues in dealing with Saban, and that part of him wishes that he'd heard the warning from Austin St. John a bit earlier about Saban not really caring about their actors (Austin was forced to work with a badly broken foot, both in filming and pushed into doing a stunt show, and had caved to legal threats to keep going among other things where they did things like when in the suits and with heavy action, often not being allowed breaks or water or someone to glance over any potential injuries there...Saban was, essentially, running it with a miserly, iron fist at the time).

The Mystic Knights one was mentioned in an interview about the Mystic Knights series since they were forced to figure out how to use the props that part of their budget had been spent on when their writing team hadn't even been informed of the plans for the crossover, but some members of the MMPR team had been.

Incorrect.

Promethea is from the mian timeline, it's the corporation that built Terra Venture. It just wasn't prominently featured in the main timeline till much later compared to the alternate timeline where they encountered it at a much earlier point due to the events of Shattered Grid.
I believe that they were actually mentioned in the original timeline during Turbo with one of the rangers parents working for NASADA through them.

If you're referencing OL not recognising Zordon's name then we may have a bigger problem. OL internally monologues about "Zordon choosing his teenagers based on attitude" and then says he doesn't recognise the name. He may be slowly suffering the same problem he does in the Young Justice universe of not recognising the material your current universe is based on. He hesitated remembering the name of Angel Grove, corrected himself on whether one of the Rangers is named Billy or William and now doesn't know who Zordon is anymore. Or he's just pretending not to know who Zordon is to not giveaway that he knows who the Power Rangers are in the same way that he doesn't let DC characters know that they're comic characters to him.

I think he just said that to prompt them to talk.

As for the rest, it's been decades since he's seen the show, and the ring only perfectly preserves the memories he has after he puts it on, so he wouldn't remember it that much.

I smile, dismissing my construct armour in favour of a slightly thicken environmental shield. "Please?"
'thickened'
or
'thicker'
The Rangers take a moment to redress their line, staring my at me. Red Ranger points up at me with his left hand, sword still in his right.
'staring up'?
"Do you know anyone would could analyse this?"
'who could'?

I've previously loved seeing Paulternates interacting with ridiculous illogical children's cartoons, so I'm hoping that we see some real absurdity here.
Him coming from a comic is an amusing twist. If there's a comic showing him standing with Kaldur like he was a moment ago, what's on the next page? Presumably not him appearing here. Will it show him the future of how he returns home?

They "blew your mind" telling you you're a comic character. Tell them they're a tv show.
He doesn't have any evidence. They have a comic with a character missing.
Interesting that OL didn't recognise the name. But given that he's also having trouble remembering some of the Ranger's identities, it's probably down to his familiarity with the series being at a 'It was on in the background at friends' places' level and he has only the most tenuous familiarity with the setup.
No, he knows who Zordon is. But there's no reason for comic book Orange Lantern to know that, and any explanation he could give that could explain how he knows who Zordon is would be even more convoluted.
Edit: As PepeTheFrog brings up below, I suppose he's playing dumb and pretending not to know things about them. If only to avoid making trouble when they realise he may know their identities, which I think they had a restriction about letting people find out? :confused:
That too.
Orange Lanterns weren't a thing until 2008. Young Justice started airing in 2010. As said in my previous post, Season 1 of Power Rangers took place in 1993. (Though the ring is saying in this update its 1995 for some reason.)
No, the first person with an orange power ring was shown back in 2000.
Thank you, corrected.

I'm telling you, you're wrong. Promethea is only in the universe known as the BOOMverse.

It was founded by a member of the 1969 team, which is itself exclusive to the BOOMverse. The founder in question being Grace Sterling, who in the BOOMverse worked at NASADA before she founded Promethea.

There is a Prime Universe NASADA, but that doesn't mean there's a Prime Universe Promethea. They built the Astro Mega Shuttle that sent 4 of the Turbo Rangers into space, marking the end of Turbo and the beginning of In Space.

The Prime Universe is most of the TV shows and Turbo: A Power Rangers Movie.

The first Mighty Morphin Power Rangers movie, with the villain Ivan Ooze, isn't canon to the tv series and considered its own universe. Though we don't really know anything about it other than what happened in that movie.

Then you have the Magical Dimension, a pocket dimension that's part of Mystic Force. The dimension itself is considered its own universe even though Mystic Force is part of the Prime Universe.

Power Rangers RPM is set in its own universe. It was originally meant to be part of the Prime Universe, but they changed it to be its own thing for the Clash of the Red Rangers crossover.

Dino Charge and Dino Supercharge are also in their own universe.

Obviously the 2017 movie is also its own universe.

HyperForce is also its own universe. It was basically a homebrew tabletop RPG, and Saban streamed the sessions of it being played on Twitch. Though it may have been incoprorated into the BOOMverse.

Then there's of course the BOOMverse. Which, beyond the differences from the Prime universe, has its own split depending on if Tommy turns good or chooses to stay evil. In the timeline where he stays evil, he becomes Lord Drakkon and helps Rita conquer the Earth. Then once they win he betrays and kills her so he can rule alone. (As a minor aside, in the BOOMverse Rita originally tried to convince Zack to become her Green Ranger about a month before Tommy arrived in Angel Grove.)

You can literally look all of this stuff up . . .

https://powerrangers.fandom.com/wiki/Timeline_(Power_Rangers)

Hey Zoat, if Paul assimilates a monster from P/R, would it show up in the P/R's Orange Lantern comics in future issues?
The SI doesn't know.
Linkara would like a word with you about that last bit.
He would? I am that famous already?
Speech mark missing.
Thank you, corrected.
If this is pre-Tommy, shouldn't the year be 1993?
I was aiming for the period after he quit due to the green candle but before he came back as White Ranger.
If I showed up after all that experience in 16, with my powers, in Power Rangers, as a comic book character..

I think I'd go have a word with my creator. And then share a joint with him. Because whoever it is who wrote my life, desperately needs a hug.
It's probably Alan Moore.

I'm not ready to hug Alan Moore.
corrected himself on whether one of the Rangers is named Billy or William
'Billy' is usually an abbreviation of 'William'. And you know how the SI feels about abbreviated names.
'thickened'
or
'thicker'
'staring up'?
'who could'?
Thank you, corrected.

Last edited:
I was aiming for the period after he quit due to the green candle but before he came back as White Ranger.

Ah, gotcha. So this is before Rita returned and brainwashed Zedd into loving her.. actually, does OL even know who Zedd is?

He does this all the time though- pretends not to know what people are talking about when it pertains to info he only knows because of metaknowledge.

He likely does not have the memory issue here because he wasn't tossed into this universe by [REDACTED], but was rather copied from another universe. In the comic universe he would lack memories of that specific parallel but still have all his other memories, which means he'll have all his memories of power rangers.

I like how at the end considering how Blue Ranger Billy seems to be a fanboy, he kind of subconsciously deferred a bit to OL and suggested Zordon to help.

Red Ranger Jason picked up on that and was put out. Leadership is his thing after all.

literally a comic book character."

I land, walk over and take a closer look. The illustrations are simplified compared to how they really looked, but… Yes, that's Mount Justice.
Mr Zoat
You should have him bring copies back with him. For proof of his canon existence to Ambush Bug.
And who might Zordon be?"
Why you still pretending you don't know fictional sources of the 'fictional' universes you in?! If anything you telling them all their secrets and citing a TV Power Rangers show you watched because you were transmigrated to DCverse Earth 16 lends you credence. Especially in this situation.
Yes, that happens between parallel universes sometimes." Though this is the first time I've been on the receiving end of it. I wonder if my adventures on Earth 16 made it into Earth Prime comics? "Look, I'd really appreciate it if you could point me in the direction of anyone with the sort of exotic detection equipment-
You literally just said this is a thing that happens.

Pink slows, putting an arrow on her bow from.. somewhere, and loosing it at me. I flicker aside and the arrow misses, striking a car behind me and-.

BOOM!

A wave of force passes over me as the car explodes, pieces of metal and plastic raining down around me. A few hit my construct armour but they're hardly a threat.

MY CAR!!

Local vigilantes vandalize Angel grove yet again.

Power rangers heroes or menaces?
Tonight we discuss the issue with G. Gordon Godfrey and J. Jonah Jameson.
Tune in at 9pm on the Faux news network.

"This universe has both G. Gordon Godfrey and J. Jonah Jameson?
My condolences."

More likely it's something akin to the Danner Formula, and the true power isn't in the chemistry by itself.
Speaking of, this might be a great time for him to peddle his powers in a bottle thing again. The kids might take it...the local police and military might. Especially that one Ranger team created by the military to fight those demons.

MY CAR!!

Local vigilantes vandalize Angel grove yet again.

Power rangers heroes or menaces?
Tonight we discuss the issue with G. Gordon Godfrey and J. Jonah Jameson.
Tune in at 9pm on the Faux news network.

"This universe has both G. Gordon Godfrey and J. Jonah Jameson?
My condolences."
Don't forget Harvey Garvey

Speaking of, this might be a great time for him to peddle his powers in a bottle thing again. The kids might take it...the local police and military might. Especially that one Ranger team created by the military to fight those demons.
"HEY KIDS, YOU WANNA TRY SOME DRUGS?"

Justice Segue (part 1)
"Uouuughhhh!"

Steppenwolf shudders as I ram my daiklave through his back, staring down dumbly as the point of the blade exits through his chest. For a moment it feels like he's trying to turn, then the strength leaves his legs and he starts to collapse.

I pull my blade free and stare down at him dispassionately.

"A cruel blow, great uncle, I know. But let us be honest: nothing good would have come of you going to Earth."

He falls to his side and then flops onto his back, eyes staring as if he were looking right through me. "MoTher…"

No sense in letting him suffer. He is family, after all. I raise my daiklave up by the guard and then bring the point down directly between his eyes because that's what you get for not wearing a faceplate.

Now. Where was I?

Ping.

Ah, yes. Quite right. I stride through the boom tube-

17th November 2017
09:14 GMT +3

-and into a.. cave..? No, this is clearly an artificial structure. Tomb? No, vault. The local Darkseid's Mother Box sits on a plinth in the middle of the room, the light from within shining just brightly enough to pierce the outer casing. A curious design choice, but given the things he was using it for I suppose-.

"Who are you?"

Oh! Is this..? Mother Box?

Ping.

It is! Themyscira! That explains the women pointing spears at me! Which.. means.. that the middle aged blonde glaring at me is…

"Queen Hippolyta, I presume. My name is Grayven. I'm here for Father's Box."

There's a general tightening of bow strings and bracing of shield wall-. Well, it's not really a shield wall anywhere other than by the entrance. They're more buttresses guarding the archers.

"You will never have it."

I raise my eyebrows. Then I turn my head to look right. Then back at her. Then left. Then back at her. "How.. precisely.. were you planning on stopping-"

"Loose!"

Arrows -iron-headed arrows- plink harmlessly off the armour covering my chest, back, arms and thighs. One or two strike me in the face.

I smile. "-me?"

And they're still shooting. And what I'm learning from this is that local Amazons are baseline humans rather than demigoddesses and that their arrows are unenchanted.

I fold my arms patiently behind my back as they continue to draw and loose at me.

"The greatest archers this world has ever seen-" A lucky hit lands directly in my mouth. I bite through the shaft and turn my head to the left as I spit out the head. "-were fifteenth century Englishmen. They used longbows of around one point two metres-" I hold up my hands to indicate the length. "-with a draw of around four hundred Newtons. About twice what you're using." They've stopped loosing. "With a two hundred Newton draw, drawn back forty centimetres and at a distance of… What is this, five metres? The force of the impact on my skin is something like three million kilograms per square millimetre-."

"Form up!"

The Amazon hoplites form up around the huddle blocking the door, the bow wielders drawing swords and assuming a skirmishing position at either side of the shield wall.

"Perhaps another history lesson, then. In seventeen fifty six, the British Admiral John Byng led a force of thirteen ships of the line against a French fleet of twelve. The French ships were modern and in good repair, the British ships dilapidated. The initial fighting saw the British-"

"Advance!"

"-take the worst of it. In the end, he decided that it wasn't possible to win, to relieve the nearby garrison or even to inflict significant damage on the French. So, he retreated his fleet."

I take a few slow paces to the right so that the line can advance without needing to split around the plinth.

"Afterwards, the Admiral was recalled, tried, and executed for 'failing to do his utmost against the enemy'. So I understand why you're doing-" I gesture towards Queen Hippolyta with both hands. "-this, even knowing that it is futile. Indeed, I respect you all the more. And when I rule this world I will ensure that there is a place for all of you in it."

I lunge, knocking aside seven spear points with a swing on my right arm and shoving the shields behind them with my right hand. Warrior women go flying backwards as I step into the gap, brace and shove.

Swords and spears plink uselessly against my armour.

"You might need to.. improve slightly before it's a place of honour, but-."

There's a slight scraping noise as someone -it's Hippolyta, isn't it?- grabs Father's Box and sprints for the exit. "Close the gates!" Past the reforming hoplite huddle around me I see.. burly Amazons in bikinis take sledgehammers to wooden pillars supporting the ceilings above them, their strikes splintering them and causing stone sheets perhaps forty centimetres thick to fall into place.

Did they.. not.. see the boom tube I arrived by?

"But there's always a place for women of courage-" More iron weapons scrape uselessly against my armour. "-under my rule."

"We defeated your kind before!"

I lightly grip the speaker's spear head with my right hand, anchoring it in place. "You did? You don't look like a Green Lantern."

"All the people of this world fought against Steppenwolf's hordes!"

"Our histories only mention Green Lanterns and a couple of local gods. I don't remember hearing about iron age barbarians. Are you sure your people achieved anything noteworthy?"

I shove my arms outwards, pushing the Amazons pressing against me away and giving me the space to grab one in my right hand. Then I pull a nerve jammer off my belt with my left and delicately place it on her neck before dropping her. Her eyes move and she can still breathe, but her arms and legs are completely still. Good show.

This isn't about killing people, no matter how-.

A section of the crowd parts and a large woman swings a hammer at my head. It hits, and then rebounds with such force that she loses her grip and it-.

I catch it in my right hand before it can brain one of her fellows, toss it at the far wall and then grab her and nerve jam her. Huh. Gone rather dark with the only light source blocked. And -amusing as their feeble attempts to harm me are- I'm not really achieving anything here.

Mother Box.

I get into a rhythm, grabbing and nerve jamming every Amazon still assailing me.

Mother Box, boom tube to… Wherever Hippolyta is about to be.

Ping.

BOOM!

Those Amazons still standing are knocked off their feet as the tube opens, and I nudge the fallen aside with my feet before striding through it-

"Hyarh!"

-bracing myself and catching Hippolyta's horse mid-stride as she tries to run me down, casually absorbing its momentum as I lift it off the ground.

And again, if you please.

Ping.

BOOM!

Horse and queen in hand, I leap through the tube before her fellow Amazons can reach us.

Last edited:
There's a slight scraping noise as someone -it's Hippolyta, isn't it?- grabs Father's Box and sprints for the exit. "Close the gates!" Past the reforming hoplite huddle around me I see.. burley Amazons in bikinis take sledgehammers to wooden pillars supporting the ceilings above them, their strikes splintering them and causing stone sheets perhaps forty centimetres thick to fall into place.
That should say 'burly'.

This was very unexpected, but I am curious to see what this leads to.

Wow, Grayven. You put on a FAR more impressive display than Darkseid himself, from the era where he wielded the three (seemingly irreplaceable) Mother Boxes! I mean, it is possible Darkseid has grown more powerful over the ages… but the poor conqueror forgot where Earth was located amidst his pathetic retreat, so most of the descendants of that war have not gotten to face him.
Do I need to mention that the Amazons have superior defenses compared to the Atlanteans?

Anyway. This… future Grayven? Is slumming it up in the Snyderverse morass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back