• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

When the SI makes an orange filament it comes from his desire to reach out and change something. When he uses a yellow one it comes from the controlled harnessing of his fear of losing control. If someone nearby feared him or feared his filaments, they would be stronger, but the process of creating them wouldn't change.
Good to know. Hopefully Paul will make some aliens very scared soon.

In addition, there are two things I'd like to point out:

One - in addition to having met his Yellow version, and Grayven having switched from Orange to Yellow without issue, Paragon has already used a violet ring in difficult circumstances. He couldn't make Violet crystal, if I recall, but he has experience shifting from one ring to another - and he's had more time with this one than he did before he started fighting with the Violet.

Two - Lantern Gozzi did a better job of it, but Paul smoothed out a spacial ripple with a simple wave of orange. No constructs. Rings can't generate Element X, and there's no way that they can make Mother Box constructs… but Dox can make Boom Tubes, because he's smart enough and he knows they exist.

Power Rings are ultimately Shaping devices. Constructs are low-level, until you get to Ganthet fighting Superman (an official image I was shown, not a comic I can recall) and winning by just illuminating the area with light Jesus-style, and Superman just losing. They create effects based on the Will of the user - he has cold guns in storage to save charge, but he makes cold gun constructs all the time. I don't think he's experienced enough with the Shaping to do anything, but I wouldn't be surprised if he only made part of the cold gun, and just Shaped the rest of the effect into existence, like some Shards do with Tinkers (the rest, of course, simply altering the creation, and letting the issues with maintaining an F-16 in WW1 take its course).

The canon induction process for members of the Sinestro Corps was to make a drained ring flare while being bombarded with images of their own fears. No other person was in there with them.

the-tale-of-sinestro-corps-member-bedovian-1-e1509964810198.jpg

When the SI makes an orange filament it comes from his desire to reach out and change something. When he uses a yellow one it comes from the controlled harnessing of his fear of losing control. If someone nearby feared him or feared his filaments, they would be stronger, but the process of creating them wouldn't change.
So again, you're having him do an advanced technique.

And not explaining all the other advanced or out right impossible techniques he just pulled out of his ass.

So again, you're having him do an advanced technique.

And not explaining all the other advanced or out right impossible techniques he just pulled out of his ass.
In the canon of "WtR" filaments and making constructs at a distance with them are things any ring can do, so long as the user knows how to do them but the user may have to focus on a different emotion to do it. I can get the argument of "Paul wasn't trained on using a yellow ring!" but at the same time in the damn near ten years of daily updates we have ten real life years of Paul being on top of using a ring and yellow is the second most common color his thoughts have been in. On top of that, IIRC, Zoat has said that Paul's enlightenment did have him recognize his own fears and become familiar with them.

If this was a new fic I'd say you have a point, but we have a lengthy canonical history of the character knowing how power rings work and having ample experience using them and an equally lengthy history of the character being in tune with his own fears. So Paul being able to figure out and effectively use yellow is not that out there.

"In one of the pouches in his undersuit. But they acted as a conduit to the Apokoliptian mind control affect. They might just be broken now."

You know, I was going to correct "affect" versus "effect" but after careful consideration I think you have it correct. "Affect" is usually a verb, but in this case the conduit is to the mind control force itself (the thing doing the affecting) rather than the results of the mind control force (the effect).

But that's very tricky, so rather than not respond at all I thought I should congratulate you on getting that one right.

You know, I was going to correct "affect" versus "effect" but after careful consideration I think you have it correct. "Affect" is usually a verb, but in this case the conduit is to the mind control force itself (the thing doing the affecting) rather than the results of the mind control force (the effect).

But that's very tricky, so rather than not respond at all I thought I should congratulate you on getting that one right.
I assure you, it was a fluke if I did.

In the canon of "WtR" filaments and making constructs at a distance with them are things any ring can do, so long as the user knows how to do them but the user may have to focus on a different emotion to do it. I can get the argument of "Paul wasn't trained on using a yellow ring!" but at the same time in the damn near ten years of daily updates we have ten real life years of Paul being on top of using a ring and yellow is the second most common color his thoughts have been in. On top of that, IIRC, Zoat has said that Paul's enlightenment did have him recognize his own fears and become familiar with them.

If this was a new fic I'd say you have a point, but we have a lengthy canonical history of the character knowing how power rings work and having ample experience using them and an equally lengthy history of the character being in tune with his own fears. So Paul being able to figure out and effectively use yellow is not that out there.
No, it was canon that LePaul thought they could. And that the Green's we saw trying it had nowhere near as easy of a time as Paul did.

It was also canon, and just recently in fact, that his assumptions about how Power Rings work were actually completely wrong. And in turn that each of the lights is unique and different in how and what they can do.

As I said in the quoted text, he doesn't have room to create a cold gun. However, he can create the parts of a cold gun in different places. Imagine a railgun. Normally the rail, the battery, the capacitor and the trigger would be a single unit. However, they don't have to be. You can put the battery in a backpack, for example.
Yes... But the parts don't magically turn paper thin if you do that...

And even if you can somehow make them, the weapon still has to follow the direction rule, as in, the projectile has to accelerate down the rails and exit out of it's muzzle.

Which is important because you also had him sweep the cold beam.
My cold beam scythes through the embarkation area, and-. Gets blocked by the plasma shields of every single Dhorian including Zo. Ko won't be wearing one, but there's no point shooting the only Dhorian here who isn't wearing a force field.
And then had him turn the paper thin projecting barrel into a wide beam covering the entire area of the room?

Still can't move my arms. Fire again, wide beam. The soldiers are wearing helmets, but it doesn't look like they have their own oxygen supplies. If I freeze the air completely, then they're stu-.

Like, I understand what you're trying to justify here Zoat, you just went way to far in trying to look logically at something that seems to exist on rule of cool.

Last edited:
With respect to the fans, but the whole 'yellow rings can only make constructs of things people are afraid of'- that's not at all true. What is true is that yellow rings can ALSO make constructs that are things people are afraid of. It's the exact same thing that blue rings do when soothing, where they make a construct of whatever gives a person hope/comfort, but the creator has no input. Those rings can still make regular constructs and do regular ring things. Red rings are not limited to RARGLEBARGLE plasma breath, they can make constructs too.

Yellow rings have a bonus option of making a construct that detects and becomes the fear of someone nearby. Bonus.

While we're coincidentally talking about Yellow Light usage, I have a question that's been burning in my pocket since a while ago.

Will Paul ever ask the Guardians why did they choose the Green Light instead of the Yellow Light for their universal police force? I mean, in a purely cold and rational state of thinking, they seem like a much better choice both for recruitment and work purposes. Yeah, making every planet in the universe a semi police-state isn't ideal, but it's much more efficient to force order through fear than by just making a regular investigator slash police officer slash fire officer who is also handicapped by not being able to kill without losing his ring.

Is it due to the way the Yellow Light corrupts the thinking of the user by naturally aligning them to cause fear? I'd imagine that's still very useful for a draconian law-hammer force, and it'd even boost their construct strength if every single sapient species knew they were such an organization. Hell, you could investigate crimes much easier by using Parallax's Sight to search for the fear of getting caught as long as your reputation is still in the lawful evil and the average sapient being didn't doubt your due process and if you're that scared of producing ring-slinging dictators, just program a ring recall if they enter some sort of political position without reporting it to the organization first. They'd end up in a planet that hates them but doesn't fear the idiot anymore seeing as his entire personal power just went flying to another schmuck as soon as he sat in the President's office or whatever.

And the whole 'Green Light doesn't corrupt' thing is a bunch of horse-shit anyway. It rewards stubborn thinking just the same and you're already recruiting the most stubborn people in your supergalaxy cluster (which really should mean the GLC should have many more Malvolo's and Sinestro's running around, just hidden by the sheer scale of their organization). You'll still have your sometimes corrupt officers because they just don't want to change from when they were called to serve, but your organization's much less effective by being hampered by things like the no-kill rule and being bound to some straight up lawful neutral idiocy.

I'd understand if the Guardians were a morally good, 'we want to shepherd all the young races with ethics' race, but they clearly run on realpolitik only, so it only seems more egregious.

They essentially tried that more draconian method with the Manhunters. It did not go well because of their own oversights in design, and trying what's basically the same thing twice with just a few tweaks would probably result in all the people out there with Anti-Glow tech immediately telling them to fuck off because one case of omnicide on an interstellar scale is far too many, with anyone who doesn't have that tech willing to do basically anything to get it so they don't get squashed by the bobble-headed tyrants.

The Guardians can do a lot, and they certainly go too far sometimes, but outside of totally conquering the universe they don't really have a way to do all of that and make it stick. And ironically it's probably fear itself that stops them from using fear, because they've proven to themselves and every other Maltrusian that they can fuck up this stuff even when they think they're doing it right. Going the fear route isn't worth the risk of accidentally wiping out another slice of the galaxy, even if it might in theory be more efficient if it works.

Paul has also raised the issue previously that keeping a people permanently afraid is very hard, because most people just don't work in a way that makes it viable. Eventually the brain just... stops caring. You're not dead now, and you haven't died for the past few days/months/years/decades, so who really cares? Either the source of that fear isn't actually going to do the scary thing, or they do it often enough that you just get used to it, so it doesn't actually matter on a statistical level what you do really, and biochemistry will probably say fuck it we ball way before that pattern makes itself apparent.

Much easier to heard a bunch of stubborn idiots with hard limits on authority really.

To build off what Assblaster said, Hinon, when complaining about how moronic the Guardians can seem sometimes, explained that they chose Willpower in part because literally, it does as you will it. And that Willpower has the least mental effects, not none (when she was discussing Sinestro with Paul).

While we're coincidentally talking about Yellow Light usage, I have a question that's been burning in my pocket since a while ago.

Will Paul ever ask the Guardians why did they choose the Green Light instead of the Yellow Light for their universal police force? I mean, in a purely cold and rational state of thinking, they seem like a much better choice both for recruitment and work purposes. Yeah, making every planet in the universe a semi police-state isn't ideal, but it's much more efficient to force order through fear than by just making a regular investigator slash police officer slash fire officer who is also handicapped by not being able to kill without losing his ring.

Is it due to the way the Yellow Light corrupts the thinking of the user by naturally aligning them to cause fear? I'd imagine that's still very useful for a draconian law-hammer force, and it'd even boost their construct strength if every single sapient species knew they were such an organization. Hell, you could investigate crimes much easier by using Parallax's Sight to search for the fear of getting caught as long as your reputation is still in the lawful evil and the average sapient being didn't doubt your due process and if you're that scared of producing ring-slinging dictators, just program a ring recall if they enter some sort of political position without reporting it to the organization first. They'd end up in a planet that hates them but doesn't fear the idiot anymore seeing as his entire personal power just went flying to another schmuck as soon as he sat in the President's office or whatever.

And the whole 'Green Light doesn't corrupt' thing is a bunch of horse-shit anyway. It rewards stubborn thinking just the same and you're already recruiting the most stubborn people in your supergalaxy cluster (which really should mean the GLC should have many more Malvolo's and Sinestro's running around, just hidden by the sheer scale of their organization). You'll still have your sometimes corrupt officers because they just don't want to change from when they were called to serve, but your organization's much less effective by being hampered by things like the no-kill rule and being bound to some straight up lawful neutral idiocy.

I'd understand if the Guardians were a morally good, 'we want to shepherd all the young races with ethics' race, but they clearly run on realpolitik only, so it only seems more egregious.
There's really no good reason for it in this story since Zoat changed how the light works.

But in canon, they choose the Green Light because it's the most stable.

Orange, just straight up drives you crazy. There is no easily mastering your desires to control it or anything like that.

Yellow, basically turns you into a sociopath.

Red, turns you into a psychopath.

Violet, turns you obsessive.

Indigo, makes normal people too empathetic.

And Blue, just straight up can't be used for much of anything outside of healing without a Green Light user around.

14th February 2013

"A yellow ring? I thought that only Sinestro had those." Volgar Zo steps right up close so that he's the only thing in my field of view. "Did you kill him? Or do you work for him?"

Since I can't move my eyes I can't roll-

"Oh! Silly me."

-them. The git smirks at me.

Congratulations, you've unknowingly added yourself to either the hit list or the assimilation list. Either way, your screwed.

So I just reread Butcher's Blood, the chapter about Orion. I think that an arc in the next year or so will focus on Paragon!Grayven. Basically, unless the White light from the current arc helps clear Orion's angry head, the red lantern will be chomping at the bit to harm Darkseid with his new super-ship. Grayven is already a nuisance to the war effort, Knockout is currently befriending Jade after the last arc with Grayven, and we have a ticking clock on Orion's patience. So Highfather needs to declare that Grayven is an acceptable target.

Alternatively it is possible Orion will go to the planet of New Titans for a spiritual cleansing. I could actually see Scott Free leaving Earth briefly if that happens. To help.

Pyrrhucy (part 16)
14th February 2013
15:37 GMT -5

I crouch and throw up a wall construct and-. Jam teleport scanners because they could just teleport us into space. Kadabra darts over to check on Eiling and Mahkent.. freezes up.

"Icicle!"

The teleport finishes and the soldiers open fire on us at once, high energy plasma projectors shooting violet bolts of charged particles into my construct, which… It's going to hold for at least ten seconds as long as I don't do anything else.

"Wall!"

"Ah-? What-?" He raises his hands, pointing it at my construct. "Yeah-yeah!"

A layer of ice forms with a wave of his hands as he-. He's blinking quite a lot.

"You alright?"

"It's my-! My eyes. They feel weird."

"You couldn't blink for two minutes. Give your tear ducts a chance to work and they'll be fine."

"What was that?"

"Gamma gong."

My construct breaks, and the soldiers start melting through Mahkent's wall.

"What?"

"Kadabra, status!"

"My eyes are a little dry-."

"Of Eiling!"

I wait until there's a hole in the ice wall and then fire, my energy pulse pushing through a soldier's personal shield and slamming into the armour beneath! They go flying backwards-.

And then awkwardly climb back onto their feet. I'm not hitting at anything like the power I'm used to. And I'm not inspiring enough fear to overcome that.

"He was suffocating. He requires greater volumes of air than we do. I'm transmuting nitrogen to oxygen to revitalise him."

Wall again, maintain teleport jammer.

"Icicle, when the next wall falls, cover them in ice."

"What if they just teleport away and then come right back?"

"I'm jamming the teleport sensor. It'll be difficult for them at least."

"But their guns still work."

"Want one?"

He grins. Slightly awkwardly, but he manages it. "Hey, are we in space?"

"Probably. I think we're on their ships in orbit around the moon."

"Yeah?" He smiles excitedly. "Far out!"

"It's not that far." My construct starts to fracture as the soldiers focus their fire at a single point in the centre. "Ready."

"Ah-."

"Wasn't a question. You are ready. Dropping the wall in two, one, now!"

I drop the wall, plasma fire bursting through the centre of the ice wall a second later. I send a grabbing arm construct through, tearing guns out of the soldiers grips a fraction of a second before Mahkent throws an arc of ice over their position. Soldiers are trapped in place once more, and this time they shouldn't be able to get away-.

Wait, why are they looking at-?

"Icicle, block the vents with ice. Kadabra, they're gassing us. How long until Eiling can move?"

"Uuuuugh-huh." There are two thumps, his right knee and right fist hitting the floor as he slowly levers himself upright. "God damn."

"Eiling, you alright?"

"Peachy. Where are we?"

"Alien ship." I step through the hole in the ice wall and pick up one of the Dhorian guns. Seems simple enough, and there's no palm reader. Despite the advantages, most stellar nations abandon that particular security feature the first time their enemies cut their soldiers' hands off so they can use their guns. "I don't think they're negotiating in good faith."

"Objective?"

"Recover captured humans, recover useful equipment, get them to go away."

He walks slowly towards the soldiers struggling to free themselves-.

I cut a hole through the ice to Ko, who gasps for air!

"Not clever. I-."

I hear a crunch, and turn to see that Eiling has his hands covered in blood and brain where he-. He grabbed a Dhorian soldier and crushed his head in his hands.

I feel the slight fizz as ambient fear increases, the soldiers realising that there's nothing they can do to stop us killing every one of them.

Eiling grins as he steps towards the next closest soldier, hands reaching-.

"That'll do, Eiling."

"You got a prison camp for them?"

"I was planning to disarm them, lock them in one crippled ship and send them home."

Eiling thrusts his hands into the ice and rips a soldier out by his head.

"You feel like talking?"

"Soldier, Eiling would like you to escort us to wherever you're keeping your prisoners. Now, our rules of engagement don't allow us to kill you if you cooperate-"

"Says you."

"-so it's-. Eiling, he can't understand you."

"What did he say?"

"I… Wouldn't worry about that. Because you're going to tell us what we want to know, aren't you? So it won't matter. Look, you clearly can't offer meaningful resistance. You're not slowing us down. Telling us what we want to know prevents us rampaging through your entire ship, because we'll just go to the places we want to go to."

"I-. Okay, okay. I'll tell you the way."

"Good show. But remember, if you were thinking of leading us into an ambush, you'll be going through the doors first."

Last edited:
"I… Wouldn't worry about that. Because you're going to tell us what we want to know, aren't you? So it won't matter. Look, you clearly can't offer meaningful resistance. You're not slowing us down. Telling us what we want to know prevents us rampaging through your entire ship, because we'll just go to the places we want to go to."

"Good show. But remember, if you were thinking of leading us into an ambush, you'll be going through the doors first."
I like seeing Paul intimidate his enemies almost as much as I like seeing him make allies or friends of his former enemies. Hopefully they won't try anything stupid and just get Paul what he wants.

14th February 2013
15:37 GMT -5

I crouch and throw up a wall construct and-. Jam teleport scanners because they could just teleport us into space. Kadabra darts over to check on Eiling and Mahkent.. freezes up.

"Icicle!"

The teleport finishes and the soldiers open fire on us at once, high energy plasma projectors shooting violet bolts of charged particles into my construct, which… It's going to hold for at least ten seconds as long as I don't do anything else.
Not bad, OL, even with a less-than-optimal Ring. I guess Indigo Rings are designed to be beginner-friendly for obvious reasons, even when their capacitors are filled with a different Light. Which OL may want to be careful about using, even with a Lantern on hand. Never know if the Ring will flush itself out...

"Wall!"

"Ah-? What-?" He raises his hands, pointing it at my construct. "Yeah-yeah!"
Give him a break, OL, he's been through some scary things in a short span of time. Remember, he's basically a smash-and-grab thief, and not used to this level of superheroing.

A layer of ice forms with a wave of his hands as he-. He's blinking quite a lot.

"You alright?"
Simple logic. Their eyes were open for so long...

"It's my-! My eyes. They feel weird."

"You couldn't blink for two minutes. Give your tear ducts a chance to work and they'll be fine."
...They dried out. Hopefully their shields will hold out long enough to recover.

"What was that?"

"Gamma gong."
And that's not really going to mean much to him, OL. I doubt he's ever looked up old enemies of the league.

My construct breaks, and the soldiers start melting through Mahkent's wall.

"What?"
Ah, yes. His Construct Strength modifier doesn't take his Orange Light Focus bonus into account when using the wrong colour Ring...

"Kadabra, status!"

"My eyes are a little dry-."
...Really? :eek: Read the room, Abra! This is no time for humour.

"Of Eiling!"

I wait until there's a hole in the ice wall and then fire, my energy pulse pushing through a soldier's personal shield and slamming into the armour beneath! They go flying backwards-.
Sadly, unlike an Orange Destructive Pulse, it's not going to be all that damaging.

And then awkwardly climb back onto their feet. I'm not hitting at anything like the power I'm used to. And I'm not inspiring enough fear to overcome that.

"He was suffocating. He requires greater volumes of air than we do. I'm transmuting nitrogen to oxygen to revitalise him."
Careful you don't push him into hyperoxia. Though given his bulk, there's probably a lot more wiggle room before you reach toxic levels.

Wall again, maintain teleport jammer.

"Icicle, when the next wall falls, cover them in ice."
Since he can't really trust his cold gun constructs to be as effective as an actual cryokinetic.

"What if they just teleport away and then come right back?"

"I'm jamming the teleport sensor. It'll be difficult for them at least."
You hope it's effective, at least. Fortunately, it's mostly a matter of scattering electromagnetic interference, I suspect, which isn't too hard.

"But their guns still work."

"Want one?"
I mean, who wouldn't want a plasma gun? Assuming it isn't prone to overheating.

He grins. Slightly awkwardly, but he manages it. "Hey, are we in space?"

"Probably. I think we're on their ships in orbit around the moon."
There we go. Starting to lose his nervousness.

"Yeah?" He smiles excitedly. "Far out!"

"It's not that far." My construct starts to fracture as the soldiers focus their fire at a single point in the centre. "Ready."
Oh, don't harsh his buzz, OL. Most people haven't been off Earth in their lives.

"Ah-."

"Wasn't a question. You are ready. Dropping the wall in two, one, now!"
Ah, there's his leadership skills coming through. I bet Cameron feels a little more confident now.

I drop the wall, plasma fire bursting through the centre of the ice wall a second later. I send a grabbing arm construct through, tearing guns out of the soldiers grips a fraction of a second before Mahkent throws an arc of ice over their position. Soldiers are trapped in place once more, and this time they shouldn't be able to get away-.

Wait, why are they looking at-?
Multiple avenues of attack, no doubt. They're just there to keep you focused on them, while...

"Icicle, block the vents with ice. Kadabra, they're gassing us. How long until Eiling can move?"

"Uuuuugh-huh." There are two thumps, his right knee and right fist him the floor hitting the floor as he slowly levers himself upright. "God damn."
...Of course they're trying gas. Pity OL doesn't need to breathe thanks to his Ring. Not sure about the others, though. Especially Icicle, who might only breathe because it makes him feel human. :p

"Eiling, you alright?"

"Peachy. Where are we?"
Neck deep in the latrines, soldier. Get it together.

"Alien ship." I step through the hole in the ice wall and pick up one of the Dhorian guns. Seems simple enough, and there's no palm reader. Despite the advantages, most stellar nations abandon that particular security feature the first time their enemies cut their soldiers' hands off so they can use their guns. "I don't think they're negotiating in good faith."

"Objective?"
That would probably be a bit awkward, and more than a little messy. Still, needs must.

"Recover captured humans, recover useful equipment, get them to go away."

He walks slowly towards the soldiers struggling to free themselves-.
Well, all that will be no problem, I suppose. Just a matter of having a little chat with them.

I cut a hole through the ice to Ko, who gasps for air!

"Not clever. I-."
Unlucky git. Captured twice in one day.

I hear a crunch, and turn to see that Eiling has his hands covered in blood and brain where he-. He grabbed a Dhorian soldier and crushed his head in his hands.

I feel the slight fizz as ambient fear increases, the soldiers realising that there's nothing they can do to stop us killing every one of them.
Excessive, but it gets results. Unfortunately, OL does have a code of conduct to keep to.

Eiling grins as he steps towards the next closest soldier, hands reaching-.

"That'll do, Eiling."
Got to wonder how many people he's done that to in the course of the Anti-Lifing...

"You got a prison camp for them?"

"I was planning to disarm them, lock them in one crippled ship and send them home."
Hopefully with a strongly worded message to their masters.

Eiling thrusts his hands into the ice and rips a soldier out by his head.

"You feel like talking?"
Oof. That guy might need a chiropractor first...

"Soldier, Eiling would like you to escort us to wherever you're keeping your prisoners. Now, our rules of engagement don't allow us to kill you if you cooperate-"

"Says you."
"But as you might guess, my... companion here has a different opinion."

"-so it's-. Eiling, he can't understand you."

"What did he say?"
I suspect he can pick up the meaning from the tone of voice. And the no-doubt nasty grin on Eiling's face.

And OL was worried about not being good at scaring them?

Good to see the captured soldiers are quite reasonable about keeping their hides intact in the face of Eiling's casual disregard for any rules guidelines about the treatment of captured enemy forces. Though I have to wonder if the Geneva Conventions have made amendments to cover extra-terrestrial parties? :oops: After things like the Sheeda invasion, I expect they've been busy updating them.

Paul adapts well to fear. Paragon or Renegade, it… makes sense.
Considering that he realized over the last year that: he was on a world with people who could with minimal effort erase cities with no warning, heaven and hell are real and full of assholes, seen and been exposed to Anti-Life, and that the arguably nicest higher entity he could meet is death? Paul understanding FEAR isn't the surprise it is that fact that he hasn't accidently called Parallax is.

Considering that he realized over the last year that: he was on a world with people who could with minimal effort erase cities with no warning, heaven and hell are real and full of assholes, seen and been exposed to Anti-Life, and that the arguably nicest higher entity he could meet is death? Paul understanding FEAR isn't the surprise it is that fact that he hasn't accidently called Parallax is.
Parallax is currently imprisoned, so he can't call him even if he wanted to.

I like seeing Paul intimidate his enemies almost as much as I like seeing him make allies or friends of his former enemies. Hopefully they won't try anything stupid and just get Paul what he wants.
You mean again. They won't try anything stupid again. They could have a pretty profitable deal, but now their going to have a crippled ship heading home with nothing to show for it.

Paul has a yellow ring with ring based communication, he should be calling Hinon and Clarissi Dox ASAP to inform them about the situation and that the orange light has been attacked by an anti life fragment, also that an alien hostile fleet is currently on near earths orbit looting the place and attacking it's weakened defenders, oh and Paul should report that whoever Dox assigned to 2814 after Manga Khan didn't show up to work.

Why was the sol system without an orange lantern to protect it for so long? I believe Dox said a lantern would be assigned to Sol/2814 whenever Paul wouldn't be around to protect the planet/sector... Well Paul hasn't been around Sol for weeks and yet Dox has failed to sent anyone to keep the interdiction fields operational and to make sure the quarantine around earth is being enforced.

I see a lot of people failing to do their jobs and commitments even people that should be hyper competent geniuses.

Mr Zoat where is the lantern Dox sent after Manga Khan quit? Did that shit slip his mind even though that one of the things he committed to do to facilitate Paul being recalled to the front line as needed?

Where are the Sivanas? Their base is in Venus and they have emergency teleportation/translocation beacons, there is zero chance they got caught on the anti life field on earth and zero chance these alien doofuses managed to do anything to their bases. Georgia chats regularly with Dox, so how come nothing is being done about this situation by the Sivana family and how come Dox hasn't sent anyone to 2814 even if Paul failed to update him that he was going to play space detective with the other colors?

I mean weaponized memetic depression is one thing, but a single battle fleet of a minor race that barely controls a couple star system should be very easy to neutralize by Sivana mad science... Actually how did these idiots get through the interdiction fields?

The league has one based on lantern tech from the green lanterns.
The Sivana family have several different ones in their warehouse primed to be activated manually and automatically.
Paul left a backup interdiction field ages ago as well.
The Kryptonian base should have one as well.

Yeah Grayven is the one that build a huge network of defense battle stations and interdiction fields in the Sol system, but Paul did make a couple too.

Honestly things have gone fubar in a way that should literally be impossible and my SOD has been strained to the breaking point, I was trying to wait for an explanation, but it's been way too long and it has only gotten worse after you confirmed the fleet in sol isn't from a highly advanced empire with resources to burn, a interdimentional invasion force or a time traveler combat fleet... It's just the doofuses from Dhoria the guys that are less than a footnote.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back