• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

XF2 transition feedback

I dont know if it's already been mentioned, but the notifications seem to have changed. Im getting notifications for every response to any thread I watch and when I changed my preferences I stopped getting any notifications at all.
Me 2, notifications just stopped

How do i put it as only threadmarks gives alerts? And also how do i make it so that when i open alert i can actually see which ones are new and which ones ive read. They arent a different Color anymore

Last edited:
Style is unfamiliar, liked the previous one more but will probably get used to it in a week or two.

It's all worth it though for the ability to filter by latest threadmark. Now I can finally see which stories have recently been updated pretty easily. Also now the website correctly tracks which threadmarks have been read and which are unread. In the previous xenforo version I had the issue where entering the first post of a thread would mark all threadmarks as read.

Last edited:
Hey, is it possible to have threads that we no longer visit don't pop up in our alerts just like in the previous version?

The number of notifications is kinda getting a bit too much to handle.

🤔

How do i put it as only threadmarks gives alerts? And also how do i make it so that when i open alert i can actually see which ones are new and which ones ive read. They arent a different Color anymore

There is whole preferences button right on the alert pop up window where you can click to set your alert configurations.

Click it and see if any of the options fit what you want.

Edit. You can also find it directly on the alerta page, alerts preference, right on top.

Last edited:
The one-line top menu is working better for me, thanks for that fix.

However I gotta ask... did somebody once lose a New Post and now there's an irrational fear of not seeing New Posts?

gck8aj.png

... and on mobile:

w4kikt.png

There is whole preferences button right on the alert pop up window where you can click to set your alert configurations.

Click it and see if any of the options fit what you want.

Edit. You can also find it directly on the alerta page, alerts preference, right on top.
Can you please tell what boxes I need to uncheck or check so I only get the OP alert , thanks.

Is the replies to watched thread the one that causes all the replies in the alerts ?

Last edited:
Again reiterating we need a Banner for "YOU CAN CHANGE YOUR ALERT SETTINGS" since it's come up, what, like twelve separate times across three consecutive pages?

Alerts are now swamped of notifications about someone posting on a thread I follow. Not the OP, and not just threads I recently visited, but random users and threads that was relatively active but I haven't visited recently coz the last update was about a week ago.
I dont know if it's already been mentioned, but the notifications seem to have changed. Im getting notifications for every response to any thread I watch and when I changed my preferences I stopped getting any notifications at all.

Can you please tell what boxes I need to uncheck or check so I only get the OP alert , thanks.

Is the replies to watched thread the one that causes all the replies in the alerts ?

VVV

They auto-enabled an option.

Go to 'Preferences' > Scroll down to 'Alert Preferences' > Find the box for 'Generate new alerts without reading threads' > Make sure it isn't checked

If it is checked, then it'll automatically alert you to every thread *as if* every time you checked alerts you *actually* went and read the thread. When unchecked, alerts act the same as they previously did.

Additionally, under Preferences, at the bottom, you can outright customize what you get alerts for.

Only OP responses? They have that. Reactions? Profile Posts? Replies in general? They have all of those, you just have to look for them. You can enable/disable at your pleasure.

While there isn't an option for 'threadmarks only', there IS an option for 'The thread starter replies to a watched thread' which is roughly equivalent.

Under the category 'Settings by notification category: When someone…' you have two boxes:

[X] Alert [X] Pop-up auto-read

'Alert' means that when a given action happens, you get an alert for it.
'Pop-up auto-read' means that the alert will be marked as read as soon as you see it in your alerts, without having to click on the alert.

To get the same functionality as the previous alert system, or at least the one I used, you need to ensure:

'Generate new alerts without reading threads' >>> NOT CHECKED (This is the option that means you ALWAYS get an Alert for EVERY REPLY as if you had actually gone and read the post every time)
'Pop-up auto-read' >>> CHECKED

As I'm sure you've all noticed, we've upgraded the site to Xenforo 2. There's a new set of styles and new frontend all around.

Development on the XF2 deployment remains ongoing; we'll be tweaking styles and fixing issues. Please post any issues you come across, as well as general feedback on the new site, in this thread.
ive noticed the preview on email alerts that let you have a peek at the post you are being alerted to is missing, it was good for being able to filter out replys from actual chapters without actually clicking on it

Is 2FA working properly? It says it is Enabled on my Settings > Passwords and Security page, but I don't get asked for a code from my authenticator app or an email when I log in, the site just accepts my username and password and logs me in.

Last edited:
I'm having an issue with the 'Use Custom' option regarding 'Alerting Preferences'.
-Whenever I try to use it says 'changes saved' but remains on 'Use Defaults'.

@alethiophile
I just saw the new FontAwesome additions to the Advanced BBcodes dropdown in the editor. Good stuff. Slight problem: They're not copyable. When you copy the text, it doesn't copy the [fas=moon][/fas] Indeed, look: It won't even select it. Copying and pasting will strip those symbols out. It should at least copy the tag, if not the already formatted richtext. But, CONGRATULATIONS!
You did that thing I asked for! Fifty points for -- well, okay I don't wanna assume what house you identify as.

Also, still want my xtables, border color, border thickness, background color, and cell mergers back. But you guys are working hard and I have noticed. If I have some extra cash at the end of the month, I owe you a donation.
Also also, WHY IS THERE A THROW DICE BUTTON here like this trying to make me accidentally hit it every time I edit a post?!
Untitled.png

Last edited:
Is 2FA working properly? It says it is Enabled on my Settings > Passwords and Security page, but I don't get asked for a code from my authenticator app or an email when I log in, the site just accepts my username and password and logs me in.

I personally tested my 2FA on changeover day and it worked. I want to say that you probably logged in with it earlier, and had the 'remember me for 30 days' or similar checked. Which carried over between the old and new.

If you really want to test the 2FA, you can try logging in with a browser you don't typically use.

Not sure if this has been mentioned before but I am on chrome on my phone and every time I go to see my alerts it marks them all as read when I open the alerts menu.

While trying to figure out how to add threadmark. I accidently create threadmark index and not sure how to use it. I manage to figure out how to add threadmark but now I can't see to find option to delete the Index. How do I do that?

I personally tested my 2FA on changeover day and it worked. I want to say that you probably logged in with it earlier, and had the 'remember me for 30 days' or similar checked. Which carried over between the old and new.

If you really want to test the 2FA, you can try logging in with a browser you don't typically use.
Looks like that was it, thanks!

Got to back up the alerts not working, but also… it's not absolute? As in, I'm 100% sure I haven't received several alerts from followed threads, but I did receive one so it's not 100% not functional (and also confirms I haven't somehow turned them off for myself trying to fix the problem).

@alethiophile Don't know if this works a complaint, everything has improved in the time I went to bed last night

But bits of thread are broken all throughout, seems to be to hosting type sites/there definately seems to be corruption of fancylinks- seems to be to Yoyoado or similar

These are a small sample

Should the links be doing this?

Original format for text was -

By all means marry; if you get a good wife, you'll become happy; if you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher.' ― Socrates

LinktoYoutube

A loud buzzer sounded as the alarm clock's timer buzzed. HNLMS Evertsen obediently sat up in the repair bath. Then she groaned as her rebuilt prop shafts twinged with pain at the sudden movement as she made her way up the ladder on the side of the repurposed swimmingpool.

The repair ship HNLMS Vulkaan gave her a penetrating motherly look as Evertsen limped out of the green-tinted repair fluid. "Problems, Evertsen?"

Evertsen sh

But overall a big fix from what it was a few days ago.

I hesitate to call it hot garbage, but it was missing big chunks of things that seem to have gotten semifixed since then.

I've kept a calibre based backup, as this was meant to be an archive (with permission!) for the writers on SB/V with the addition of rated bits that wouldn't fly on either site
I've found the issue here. Those posts include some syntactically invalid BBcode; on the old site implementation, they coincidentally worked (or rather, were ignored and the subsequent element worked), whereas on the new one they coincidentally fail and mangle some of the surrounding text.

I intend to edit those posts in-place to fix the issue, working on that now.

small quip, but is it possible to have Ruby text implemented, or has that been a thing before xf2?

I asked before and it got buried, but is there a way to copy and paste stuff over from a Google doc that keeps the formatting (Italics and Bold) while not having that shitty double spaced paragraphs?

Any way to remove or make the topbar smaller? in my screen it occupies almost 1/5 of the page

I asked before and it got buried, but is there a way to copy and paste stuff over from a Google doc that keeps the formatting (Italics and Bold) while not having that shitty double spaced paragraphs?
Have you tried using the stock XF2 editor (froala)? SV/SB have additional copy/paste support and it looks like that got implemented too when QQ updated to XF2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back