• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

XF2 transition feedback

So it looks like we have tabs again but they are super compacted. They all appear like they are in single column when they could be more spread out. Its a lot of wasted space and doesn't look as good. Progress but it needs more work.

Edit: I am informed it looks good on mobile for what its worth. But for labtop or desktop not great.

• If I type into this a long sentence that attempts to stretch the box of the tab to full screen it will inevitably not be full screen and will instead take up a third of the screen because of the weird single column problem. This means a lot of horizantal space is not saved and you could potentially have more space and even better readability by choosing not to use tabs in the first place. Or failing that a series of spoilers. As mentioned its progress but it needs work

• Example

• Example

• Example

• Example

• Example

• Example

• Example

• Example

• Example

• Example

Last edited:
Does anyone knows how we can add new forum styles and rich text editor options? because the basic ones available now really don't cut it.

Issue where when searching a tag the automatic filter is last posted instead of first post, making it harder to find the newer, less active threads.

That giant top bar that covers 15% of a screen and feels like it is trying to crush my spirit can I get rid of it somehow?

Install Styles on your browser.

Add the following for QQ to have the navbar not follow your scrolling (it stays on the top of the site).
CSS:
.p-navSticky {
    position: static !important;
}

Now, changing the height could be simple, depending on how small you want it and how the site reacts. Here's how I'm doing it in my config:
CSS:
.p-navSticky,
.p-navSticky--primary,
.p-nav--wrapper,
nav.p-nav,
.p-nav-inner {
    max-height: 54px;
}

I can set it to 20px, but it looks ugly, and you can still click several pixels below the text of the buttons to trigger them.

Personally, I dont like having the user who posted name take up a full quarter of the page. any chance we could add an addon or something so the layout is similar to what it was before the update, at least as far as the reading fics is concerned?

Ok so we're going through some teething pains right now, and I'm sure the most egregious problems will be fixed gradually as people keep complaining about them after they've had time to acclimate to the site's new look, but yeah the Dark theme with light grey text on slightly darker grey background? It's got to change.

Edit: Ok yeah I see the new thread for new style candidates now, will take complaints thataway

I am not getting alerts when stories are updated but I am getting them about random people that have replied to them despite having those alerts off.

Install Styles on your browser.

Add the following for QQ to have the navbar not follow your scrolling (it stays on the top of the site).
CSS:
.p-navSticky {
    position: static !important;
}

Now, changing the height could be simple, depending on how small you want it and how the site reacts. Here's how I'm doing it in my config:
CSS:
.p-navSticky,
.p-navSticky--primary,
.p-nav--wrapper,
nav.p-nav,
.p-nav-inner {
    max-height: 54px;
}

I can set it to 20px, but it looks ugly, and you can still click several pixels below the text of the buttons to trigger them.

this is good but it should be a site option.

Looks like we have Blackened and Blackened Green styles plugged into the system. Thank goodness for that, I can read the website again.

Sure they are different to what we had before, but it is leagues better than the Grey on Grey 'Dark' style that came in the default package.

I previously used Blackened Purple so I'm missing that a bit, but Green seems okay. It's pretty different from the original, but way better than the default "Dark".

Is there any option to disable the bars at the top following down the page?

(Lol I just saw that Enso posted code to do it with a plugin. So I'm not the only one thinking that bad. I agree it should be a site option rather than needing a browser plugin and code though.)

Signatures aren't well split off from the body of posts in any of the styles now it seems like. That's something that could be improved too.

Last edited:
I'm on mobile, so there is a small annoyance thats happening to me. Every time i go to a new page the screen zoom a tiniest amount to the point that you can slide the screen left and right, enough that it clips post. This is easily fix by manually zooming out with 2 fingers but when this keeps happening every new page it gets irritating when I try to scroll and I'm sliding all over.

im happy with border width change, maybe a blue text along with the green and red, though i can get used to the green dark style so thanks

Colours of the website in dark theme need some alterations. Gray on darker gray strains the eyesight quite a bit.

You can't just tap at the top of the list of threads to order them by name, creation date, last reply etc. etc. anymore?

On mobile android chrome
When using the Blacken and Blacken Green themes, the save button disappears and you have to scroll to find it. It stays on constantly on Dark mode.

Also, thank you for a non Dark mode option, that was great turn around time. I still want Blackened Purple, but you guys are doing great work and this sruff takes time. Thank you for your work and dedication!

Themes are a little broken on mobile, the site name is shrinks to illegibility and one of them has the default XenForo logo.

Edit: god damn, literally watching admin create blackened purple as I flick between pages.

Last edited:
The lists and indents options are gone which makes things needlessly complex for me. I don't remember the bb code for it so I'll need to look it up later and in fact, the entire options bar has severely truncated functionality. Superscript and subscript are gone as are special characters which I now need to copy paste from the unicode lookup site. Fonts are gone which I did in fact use from time to time, so I'd like them back even if hidden in a dropdown menu.

The old one looked like this

I'd like it back please.

It doesn't need to have SB and SV level of functionality, they would be nice sure, but I'd at least like the old one back.

Last edited:
Currently on Blacken Green
The top bar is too wide, the search icon falls off the bars image and widens the page to a wonky size. Also, the top bar only mostly disappears when I scroll up, there is a small black segment that sticks on top of the screen.
I'm on mobile android, chrome browser.

Last edited:
Literally while I'm complaining about no Blacken Purple, y'all add it. Thank you!

The top bar disable button doesnt seem to do anything though.

Can we change the default behaviour of the alerts? Whenever I open the notification, all the alerts are mark as read, and this is very inconvenient when you have dozens of alerts.
Thats already fixable under preferences. You can make them all one way or the other, or pick and choose what kind of alerts auto mark or not

Old QoL feature for the list: Contrast/tone/tint.etc idk the terms, on the alert page/dropdown, was different so you could tell when you'd flicked to the read alerts.

Sticky alerts that go away when you visit the thread or click 'mark read'.

Another issue I noticed, again dunno if it's been touched on yet, but the lack of an "Is Currently Online" function for users attached to their posts is also something that needs fixing. Used to be that green stripe over a user's avatar, but it's missing now.

This feels like being back on TotSE back in 2004; I really miss the green dark style too.

Edit; Just saw the new dark green, it's not bad, and fairly readable.

Last edited:
So, I just noticed that checking the box to disable the Sticky Header Navbar doesn't actually work. For some reason another drop down layer was added, and the button only hides that. Please, for the love of God, I want the entire top bar to go away. It's driving my OCD insane.

Edit: Okay, nevermind! For some reason, the first several refreshes didn't make the nav bar go away, but it just did. Thank you God!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back