• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

XF2 transition feedback

Bullet points (well, lists in general, ordered and unordered) are missing from the editor.

Also the dropdowns are very mildly annoying, but the complete absence of bullet points was the thing that threw me. Had to go look up the BBCode offsite for 'em.

Numbers 1 through 4 being keyboard shortcuts to "Home - Forums - What's new - Members" is a really bad idea imo. Not seeing any way to disable that in preferences either.
Breaks my Win + 1 workflow to tab back to browser by sending me to the homepage every time. Can just hit back, sure, but it's annoying.
It breaks my Alt+[number] workflow to switch between non-adjacent Firefox tabs.

Can we switch the locations of the alerts button and 'what's new' button? My finger was so used to the location being the other way around it's consuming the heck out of it. Bet it's the same for others too.

So, I've noticed that if your text in a text box is sufficiently large, and somebody posts in the thread, thus creating the "Messages have been posted, View them?" part of the page, the page tries to scroll to that new element. I believe this is what is causing the screen moving around several people have noted thus far.

I personally would like it if the screen didn't try to scroll to the new element.

Uh, major problem. We appear to have lost the image cache in the move, so anything that was originally hosted on Imgur and only still accessible via the image cache is now gone.
Edit: Nevermind, it apparently just broke the links. Though the images aren't centered anymore when you open them in a new tab?

Last edited:
Ok so Blackened High contrast is better now... though I wish Links weren't such a bright blue. But otherwise the site it alot more readable than before.

Please add some kind of text to the "Leave reader mode" button, it's currently just a useless, meaningless little icon.
It only appears when you leave the cursor on top of it, and it shows 'View Content' as a small bubble.

Perhaps replacing the icon with the literal text as it used to be in Xen1 would work for the best?

of course, it's great that you are developing the site and listening to our criticism. But the new dark themes look like they were made to fuck off. The problem with the text dissolving in the background has remained. Wouldn't it have been easier to adapt the old color solutions rather than reinvent the wheel?
There's a separate thread for theme suggestions and discussion, linked in one of the threadmarks here. And no, unfortunately Xenforo1 themes are completely incompatible with Xenforo2. There isn't even a way to repackage parts of them into a compatible format or anything like that, apparently.

Can we get the spoiler button back to being in the main tool bar instead of being in a drop down menu?

Can pasted images go back go being automatically selected and can the color of the text when you select it no long be Fallout PipBoy Green?

Don't get me wrong, I love that the logo's no longer ant sized, but now the shade of blue that the upper part uses is near identical to the blue of the upper bar, at least for the Light style. Could there be some better way to differentiate those?

Just wanted to give positive feedback! XF2 is making it so much easier for me to keep up with threadmarks, where on the old site I wasn't getting alerts even for stories I knew I'd already caught up on (I.e. not ignoring notifications) and confirmed I was watching. The New Threadmarks interface alone makes up for the other complaints I might have (old links broken, other things mentioned already)

Were the Blackend styles the ones that everyone tended to use and is it just me or are they just slightly different now? Also love the new thread mark interface.

I can't find anyone mentioning it using the search function, so I guess I'll bring it up: the spoilerbb tag no longer works.

It was a nicer-looking, if somewhat fiddly, way of spoilering content, and I used it a lot; a lot of my longer posts, especially in the DxD thread, are in an absolute state right now.

Is there any chance that the spoilerbb tag will be reimplemented, or should I set some time aside to fix my posts?

The gradient used on the home banner and multiple other places in the blackened styles looks very dated.
Its flat color counterpart in the non blackened styles looks substantially better.

I'm absolutely adoring the ability to Ignore from the threadlist.

I just ignored an entire page sans four threads, almost entire page's worth of stuff that I knew just from the tags that I'd never click on.

My threadlist is going to be so tidy, I love it!

I can't find anyone mentioning it using the search function, so I guess I'll bring it up: the spoilerbb tag no longer works.

It was a nicer-looking, if somewhat fiddly, way of spoilering content, and I used it a lot; a lot of my longer posts, especially in the DxD thread, are in an absolute state right now.

Is there any chance that the spoilerbb tag will be reimplemented, or should I set some time aside to fix my posts?
If content from the old site is broken, that's a bug we need to fix.

Could you link a post that's got problems so I can investigate?

I understand it was done for security reasons, which is difficult to criticize - but the new look is just horrifying. QQ was honestly the perfect forum experience, and it's now ugly, boxy, and generic.

I think my biggest issue is the bloat / massive dead space - each post seems to take up twice the amount of screen it did before. Even with the screen scale set to 90% it's still way too much.
I hope it's possible to restore the old look.

EDIT: Yeah, it's the screen bloat that makes it feel so terrible. On Sufficient Velocity, for example, I can see 5x ~2 line posts at once. Here, it seems to be ~2.5 x 2 line posts.
Pointed this out before, yeah.

I can see fewer posts per screen. It's ridiculous.

And I use qq mainly on mobile these days.

Numbers 1 through 4 being keyboard shortcuts to "Home - Forums - What's new - Members" is a really bad idea imo. Not seeing any way to disable that in preferences either.
Breaks my Win + 1 workflow to tab back to browser by sending me to the homepage every time. Can just hit back, sure, but it's annoying.
It breaks my Alt+[number] workflow to switch between non-adjacent Firefox tabs.
I found a workaround: hide the header links with a browser add-on. A configurable add-blocker probably works, but I used Stylus with the CSS code:
CSS:
.p-nav-scroller, .p-sectionLinks {
  display: none;
}
I kinda want prefers-color-scheme support if possible, so I don't have to view a light theme when logged out.
I frequently switch between light and dark modes, so I have CSS code for that, too!
CSS:
@media (prefers-color-scheme: dark) {
  :root {
    filter: invert(100%);
  }
  /* Rather than invert raster images and videos, dim them instead. */
  img:not([src*=".svg"]),
  video {
    filter: brightness(80%) invert(100%);
  }
}
(Warning: be careful when adding colored text to your messages, as this code inverts non-image colors.)
There's also specialized add-ons for imposing a night mode look, but the one that I have often looks worse than coding the dark mode CSS myself.

The site's name is visible and readable, but now the header got too long and takes up more screen space on my phone.

...You know, now that I wrote it down it sounds like I'm an ungrateful asshole who keeps nitpicking. :V

I think you guys are doing a fine job getting the site back in shape after it was transmogrified to fit the Modern Standards. I'm sure there's a lot to unfuck and fiddle around with before everything is done, so keep up the good work!

Between the improved color contrasts over the Dark theme and not needing to hit a separate button to open Watched threads, Blackened Blue is wonderful, thank you very much :)

Now I just need my anger back :V
I feel like the text for the blackened styles still need to be whiter. It's still light grey on dark grey.

Better than the basic Dark. But could be better.
Like as white as the usernames.

Edit: oh wait I can blue and high contrast? Okay fine that works.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back