• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

A Calderon is You

Jack Calderon 3011
Katar, start using proper capitalization and punctuation. :p

The Concordant isn't bad.

You already have yards building jumpers.
Really in 3011? Where are my yards at then and Can we expand them?

It's not just that but the cores and engines are insanely complicated to the point of being virtual lostech, the weapons are almost as bad, and even thinking about it will draw raids from across the inner sphere. Unless you can do it in secret which will make it even more expensive.
a Secret yard would be a good idea, but for a public yard how about a Yard for larger space-born Dropships and Monitors. no Advanced KF core.

Legal action how? They're completely above board.

And remember, this is before the Farlookers were given almost infinite money. They're started a couple but its not the boom that you'd have by the 3050s.
Simple, Contract failure with there colonist about proper support for the new colony or lack there of. It wasnt till then they got bad, but they have never done there jobs very well.

You want to license the design then?
if we cant make something of our own yes.

... Dude. Start writing this a bit more seriously please.
:D sorry having some amusement.

Stop with the strange abbreviations.
The pirates haven or badlands cluster use to be TC space, so we should know where some of its riches are at along with jump points are the like. We can use those maps as a starting point to plan the cleaning of the Cluster of its pirate problem.

Samantha Calderon
Alright. Anyone you want to speak with or you arrange a larger meeting for the moderately sized local companies?

Have my staff arrange meetings so a personal representative can make a short presentation on what the general strategic goals are and then going for a feedback session for both comments, complaints, suggestions and other sundry issues brought up.

Feedback and consultation is the name of the game. Goal is to get the details right for the TC not just a few elites.

Better than the filthy Davions. And he'd be delighted to look for allies against the menace that he's sure is responsible for what happened to your kin.

Would he willing to accept a commission to go talk to the Kuritans in the DC?

Check the border worlds. You'll find plenty.

Tap the best diplomat among them to go be a personal rep to the Duchy of Andurien over issues of mutual concern about the Liao's as neighbors.

"Reminded me of my younger days actually," he replies, "It's a bit of a tradition in some quarters for well to do young Lyrans to take shuttle trips. Just you and a "small bush shuttle, properly outfitted for long distance travel and habitation of course, jetting from dropship to dropship, world to world, no destination in mind just seeing where life takes you." he grins. "Never know what's in the next spaceport... though I never expected her to carry me this far."

He laughs. "Most Lyrans will settle for 100 tons of Battlemech. Takes a special woman to settle for nothing less than 1700 tons of Dropship. You should look into laying claim to an assault dropship as a private yacht!"

"Private yacht, fast ship. I may well commission an Achilles as my personal ride, both raw speed and security in one fast package." Samantha laughs charmed by Mr Bowie.

He raises an eyebrow. "The Taurians are already an active producer. Such a drive would garner a good deal of attention both good and bad. My company is of course always interested in a deeper relationship with the Taurian Concordant of course."

"Oh and if you wanted a deeper relationship personally?" Sam inquires leaning forward aggressively.

He was thinking of using that angle to extort the missing wolverine tooling out of them, actually.

Sam pauses for a moment. "I'm fairly certain I can get Grover Sharplen to agree to such a scheme. Would you be willing to work with him on it? Not to mention making sure he doesn't actually go to far."

Secondary targets include the Achilles Dropship, Stinger LAM, Atlas Battlemech, and anything else TTI can think of.

He believes if given the funding and direction they could develop vehicles better suited for Taurian needs.

"Sadly money isn't unlimited, I will however go over the budget to determine how much funding can be freed up."

One of the largest to be honest. Seriously, if given the money and orders to go into full mass production you could rival one of the successor states... at least in the realm of high grade frontline military hardware.

If orders were opened even further could enough funds be raised in the Inner Sphere and Periphery to go into full production without leaning on the TDF budget?

And they'd rather simply develop those natively to fit local need rather than license from someone else

Would a (Po Clone aka 60 tons, AC10 2xmg 10.5tons of armor 4/6) simple MBT for militia duty work well? Goal is to make a simple solid defensive vees able to be churned out in large numbers.

Oh. That one.

"It'll be a bit of a push to take down Black Bessie. You'd need to justify it to the public then keep the R&D site safe from objective raids."

"I was thinking of starting with an announcement that Black Bessie be taken down for repairs and restoration efforts. While I'm not an engineer I was hoping a complete tear down and refurbishment would be sufficient to get the essentials needed for duplication. As for safety, if an objective raid gets through to Samantha City the TC has bigger issues to deal with."

"Problem is they're also extremely beholden to the Celestial Throne."

"We could always see if the Wolf Dragoons would be willing to actually license a design for one of their unique Assault designs, perhaps the Shogun."

You get a reply thanking you for the Pads, along with several others. And while he doesn't have quite the same depths of concerns about Comstar he doesn't quite trust them either.

And would you be interested in accepting an embassy?

An exchange of embassy's will be agreed to. A very pro business and pro Concordat candidate is sought out, along with a staff that includes a few very clever scientists to get a solid grasp on the goings on at NAIS (without actively spying).

There's a bit of resistance to this as some industries in the Concordant make use of heavy protections to stay relevant.

Tweaks to the proposed regulation are made to reflect those interests as well pushing towards a more open regime. While Sam won't push her vision roughshod when compromises can be made.

Technically that removes the major successor states as they're in active hostilities with each other and most pirates either can't afford mechs or use front companies.

Might be better to look for trade partners who will get a better price.
More accurately successor states not in active hostilities with the TC. Would selling to nobles for defense of their personal realms work better?

Perhaps the Draconis March, Andurien would be better markets to get deals with?

Taurian companies are a bit put off by that as well. The Concordant has worked hard, even during the Star League to maintain a large degree of industrial independence.

Sam expects them to keep working hard, however companies like Bowie Industries and Magna Metals are examples of how foreign companies moving in aren't disasters.

Fedcom isn't offically a thing yet.

No but the Accords signed between the Fed Suns and Lyrans are known about, the full extent of said deal is obviously not.

To be honest... your ancestors hid some important things away very well. If you had the money and the trained engineers and the operational security you probably could attempt to build one.

Starting much smaller would developing satellites armed a single Naval Laser or Killer Whale missile be possible? Said design will start deploying with SASF followed by working out the logistics and challenges of developing Capital Missile armed Dropships.

After doing so how big an investment can Sam make personally in furthering the TC's Mech production?

There's a lot of resistance to that. For one Micheal Hansk-Davion has been stepping up his raids ever since your family was killed, taking advantage of the chaos. One of the reasons some people think the Davions were responsible.

Said plan for deployment is a plan, not an order to be put into place. As for Michael Hasek taking an advantage he's an utter ass, can they determine a series of targets for raids that will target his holdings specifically?

Alrighty. They show up

For TMM the conversation has a simple focus. Rebuilding the TCs ability to manufacture new Snowden stations. Would TMM be behind such a goal up to and including a willingness to sign on for several new stations.

For Magna Metals; apart the wonderful new business opportunities they represent a link to the Free Worlds League Sam wants to take relatively shameless advantage of. While Magna focuses purely on engines and parts it could introduce companies such as Technicron or Kong Interstellar as either a guide to the TC or friendly contact to making deals with TC companies, for a small cut of course.

OOC: If you'd like I could give GMing you a shot Psychosama

Kaede Kanzaki-Calderon (23), 3011

He shrugs. "If she didn't believe you now she would when she saw you on camera."
Perhaps. But big things are made of small things and better that when she sees me on camera it's as someone who had to leave the job but did so as politely as possible than as someone that ran out on her without so much as a kind word.

"With all do respect, ma'am, get used to it. Between the paparazzi looking for every flash of skin, the gossip magazines who will be commenting on everything you do, or just the hard fighting Taurian soldiers who will be painting you on the sides of their mechs clad in only an strategically placed ammo belt and a smile.... you're going to need a thick skin."
"That doesn't mean accepting it when it isn't necessary, Colonel."

OOC you missed the rest of this reply. Reposted below
OOC : Sorry about that.

She's taken to the Leopard fighter carrier that is being fueled as they speak.

"We've configured one of the bunk quarters to be an adhoc stateroom. From here on out I can't go with you due to needing to keep up appearances I have several of my best noble born officers on board to coach you to the best of their ability. I've sent an HPG to the head of the Taurian Guard and they're already in agreement to swear to the first decent heir who shows up in order to preserve the state. Good luck, m'lady."

He salutes you.
"Good luck to you, too, Colonel." Kaede returns the salute and then boards the dropship.

So I guess back to school while I'm aboard, learning as much as possible of what these officers he's picked think I ought to know.

Jack Calderon 3011
Really in 3011? Where are my yards at then and Can we expand them?

Mic up there. Right now they're not capable of actual production, though they're doing a great job of maintaining the current fleet.

a Secret yard would be a good idea, but for a public yard how about a Yard for larger space-born Dropships and Monitors. no Advanced KF core.

Plus you do have the TCS Vandenburg which has been sitting in a disabled state for centuries just waiting to be restored to fighting trim.

Simple, Contract failure with there colonist about proper support for the new colony or lack there of. It wasnt till then they got bad, but they have never done there jobs very well.

Be a legal stretch to put it gently.

if we cant make something of our own yes.

It is a start and your regent agrees it's a good idea. They'll send feelers to Mountain Wolf.

The pirates haven or badlands cluster use to be TC space, so we should know where some of its riches are at along with jump points are the like. We can use those maps as a starting point to plan the cleaning of the Cluster of its pirate problem.

Be an expensive operation and right now the Concordant is on high alert. Might be a good idea to let things calm slightly before making such a large commitment.

Samantha Calderon

Have my staff arrange meetings so a personal representative can make a short presentation on what the general strategic goals are and then going for a feedback session for both comments, complaints, suggestions and other sundry issues brought up.

Feedback and consultation is the name of the game. Goal is to get the details right for the TC not just a few elites.

Alright. Throw me some dice. I don't care what or really how many.

Would he willing to accept a commission to go talk to the Kuritans in the DC?

Of course! He'd welcome a chance to speak with them about their shared Davion threat!

Tap the best diplomat among them to go be a personal rep to the Duchy of Andurien over issues of mutual concern about the Liao's as neighbors.

Okay. What's the line of conversation you want?

"Private yacht, fast ship. I may well commission an Achilles as my personal ride, both raw speed and security in one fast package." Samantha laughs charmed by Mr Bowie.

"As long as you paint it sports car red with racing stripes I approve wholeheartedly" he laughs

"Oh and if you wanted a deeper relationship personally?" Sam inquires leaning forward aggressively.

"You're a dashing figure of a woman in every way that counts. I'd be a fool not to."

Sam pauses for a moment. "I'm fairly certain I can get Grover Sharplen to agree to such a scheme. Would you be willing to work with him on it? Not to mention making sure he doesn't actually go to far."

"My company or me personally? Me personally, I'd be honored with such a responsibility, but need to speak to my superiors before I can accept such an offer. My company? Again, I'll have to vet anything with my superiors, but with both it's probable."

Secondary targets include the Achilles Dropship, Stinger LAM, Atlas Battlemech, and anything else TTI can think of.

"Reaching for the moon?"

"Sadly money isn't unlimited, I will however go over the budget to determine how much funding can be freed up."

Alright. Though you have enough to go wild for a couple years as long as you don't, say, simultaneously restart all your old Jumpship lines or something.

Right now the Taurian Concordant is easily as effective as the industrial heartland of any great house. The problem is a lack of self-sufficiency in certain areas that's normally paid for via weapons export.

To be honest, you're probably one of the largest suppliers to the mercenary market.

If orders were opened even further could enough funds be raised in the Inner Sphere and Periphery to go into full production without leaning on the TDF budget?

If it was opened up to national militaries without the dues you're currently charging. Easily.

Would a (Po Clone aka 60 tons, AC10 2xmg 10.5tons of armor 4/6) simple MBT for militia duty work well? Goal is to make a simple solid defensive vees able to be churned out in large numbers.

You can always present a request to your industrial interests... and you can always look into some more exotic technology as well.

Mech 'mortars, MRMs, Rocket Launchers, and Fuel Cell Vees are kinda a obvious things that they never tried... mostly due to not being in the rules yet.

"I was thinking of starting with an announcement that Black Bessie be taken down for repairs and restoration efforts. While I'm not an engineer I was hoping a complete tear down and refurbishment would be sufficient to get the essentials needed for duplication. As for safety, if an objective raid gets through to Samantha City the TC has bigger issues to deal with."

"We're going to have to take her apart and recreate the tooling for every individual bit. Cheaper than a new design but still more expensive than, say, opening a second line of an existing 'mech. Personally, I'm all for it, but you need to know the limitations."

"We could always see if the Wolf Dragoons would be willing to actually license a design for one of their unique Assault designs, perhaps the Shogun."

He nods. "Or speak to the Lyrans..." he chuckles.

An exchange of embassy's will be agreed to. A very pro business and pro Concordat candidate is sought out, along with a staff that includes a few very clever scientists to get a solid grasp on the goings on at NAIS (without actively spying).

Done.

Hanse will have his own team on its way.

Tweaks to the proposed regulation are made to reflect those interests as well pushing towards a more open regime. While Sam won't push her vision roughshod when compromises can be made.

The Taurians are actually very open. Which is a bit of a pain in the ass.

More accurately successor states not in active hostilities with the TC. Would selling to nobles for defense of their personal realms work better?

Technically you already are. You're a major net exporter of military hardware.

Perhaps the Draconis March, Andurien would be better markets to get deals with?

For large scale military sales, probably.

Sam expects them to keep working hard, however companies like Bowie Industries and Magna Metals are examples of how foreign companies moving in aren't disasters.

As long as they're willing to fill local need rather than compete for existing markets most will make a place at the table for them.

No but the Accords signed between the Fed Suns and Lyrans are known about, the full extent of said deal is obviously not.

Of course. Though of course your character has access to meta-knowledge.

Starting much smaller would developing satellites armed a single Naval Laser or Killer Whale missile be possible? Said design will start deploying with SASF followed by working out the logistics and challenges of developing Capital Missile armed Dropships.

Take time and money that. And hope noone bombs the place.

After doing so how big an investment can Sam make personally in furthering the TC's Mech production?

Big. Especially if she's diligent and careful. For example restarting the Wolverine lines. The Toro rebuild is a bit uneconomical but the political coup of bringing it back into production would be worth it. As would having a light that isn't a bug mech.

One of your techs suggests talking to Mountain Wolf Mechs if you're talking new companies. Their Merlin is a real symbol of periphery pride.

Said plan for deployment is a plan, not an order to be put into place.

Alright

As for Michael Hasek taking an advantage he's an utter ass, can they determine a series of targets for raids that will target his holdings specifically?

Yes. Though at the same time that might antagonize New Avalon.

Some suggest keeping the military on full alert and simply making yourself as unattractive a target as possible.

For TMM the conversation has a simple focus. Rebuilding the TCs ability to manufacture new Snowden stations. Would TMM be behind such a goal up to and including a willingness to sign on for several new stations.

At the moment they'd rather focus on getting Jumpship production back up if they were going to do anything.

For Magna Metals; apart the wonderful new business opportunities they represent a link to the Free Worlds League Sam wants to take relatively shameless advantage of. While Magna focuses purely on engines and parts it could introduce companies such as Technicron or Kong Interstellar as either a guide to the TC or friendly contact to making deals with TC companies, for a small cut of course.

What kind of cut and for how long?

OOC: If you'd like I could give GMing you a shot Psychosama

I'd like that. Mind discussing it in PM?

Perhaps. But big things are made of small things and better that when she sees me on camera it's as someone who had to leave the job but did so as politely as possible than as someone that ran out on her without so much as a kind word.

He shrugs. "Still,sometimes preventing rumors is worth a little ill will."

"That doesn't mean accepting it when it isn't necessary, Colonel."

"M'lady. Soldiers don't sexually harass, we compliment ungraciously "

He chuckles.

"Good luck to you, too, Colonel." Kaede returns the salute and then boards the dropship.

So I guess back to school while I'm aboard, learning as much as possible of what these officers he's picked think I ought to know.

I'll spare you the details but she spends the next week getting drilled endlessly on the who's who, what's what, and generally getting toughened up.

7 days to fit a lifetime of functioning at court.

She's also measured for clothes to be forwarded ahead of them to Samantha... and it seems they set a professional beautician along to make sure she was used to being kept in the best shape cosmetically possible.

After what seems to be the biggest cram session since college, combined with being all but disassembled and put back together by the best beauty expert on her homeworld, she arrives on Samantha only to be fitted into a dress, shoes, and underpants that cost more than her previous yearly paycheck and moved into a limo that could probably shrug off a hit from a PPC.

As they make their way towards the capitol building, and with it the emergency rulership council, the head of the Taurian Guards looks over. "Anything you want to go over, m'lady?"

Last edited:
3011 jack calderon
Mic up there. Right now they're not capable of actual production, though they're doing a great job of maintaining the current fleet.
hmmm, well id like to change that to making jumpers still. On plus side, itll be a distraction and cover for the warship yards.

Plus you do have the TCS Vandenburg which has been sitting in a disabled state for centuries just waiting to be restored to fighting trim.
True, whats its status and damages as is?

Be a legal stretch to put it gently.
but itll be a nice threat to get attention and hopefully get them to use there brains and drop the stupid ball.

It is a start and your regent agrees it's a good idea. They'll send feelers to Mountain Wolf.
Might as well ask TTI to start a long term project to remake the toro at the same time.

Be an expensive operation and right now the Concordant is on high alert. Might be a good idea to let things calm slightly before making such a large commitment.
I agree, thats why im asking and planning it now. as for a when, how about we use this operation as a birthday bash and ascension to protector-ship party for Jack nearly next year. Is that enough time?

Didn't notice the huge formatting error that ate most of my previous reply. Sorry guys.

I'll spare you the details but she spends the next week getting drilled endlessly on the who's who, what's what, and generally getting toughened up.

7 days to fit a lifetime of functioning at court.

She's also measured for clothes to be forwarded ahead of them to Samantha... and it seems they set a professional beautician along to make sure she was used to being kept in the best shape cosmetically possible.

After what seems to be the biggest cram session since college, combined with being all but disassembled and put back together by the best beauty expert on her homeworld, she arrives on Samantha only to be fitted into a dress, shoes, and underpants that cost more than her previous yearly paycheck and moved into a limo that could probably shrug off a hit from a PPC.

As they make their way towards the capitol building, and with it the emergency rulership council, the head of the Taurian Guards looks over. "Anything you want to go over, m'lady?"
"One more run down on the council's membership and any updates since the last time I got briefed on them." Kaede checks the watch - not her watch, this one is platinum and gold with gems marking each hour and an emergency locator beacon built into it. She doesn't even want to know what it cost.

Alright. Throw me some dice. I don't care what or really how many.
Will do at the end of the post

Of course! He'd welcome a chance to speak with them about their shared Davion threat!

Sam thanks Sharplen and give him time to prepare his fief while he prepares for a long voyage. A team that will accompany him will arrive early April and depart onwards from McLeod's land from there.

Okay. What's the line of conversation you want?

Apart from drumming up interest in buying Taurian arms in Andurien goal is to fish for bits and pieces of Wolverine tooling as well from FWDI.

In Oriente apart from drumming up interest a poke at Earthwerks in Calloway VI to see if they would interested in making any deals.

"As long as you paint it sports car red with racing stripes I approve wholeheartedly" he laughs

"You're a dashing figure of a woman in every way that counts. I'd be a fool not to."

Sam eventually takes the Monsieur Vanderzham for an, ahem, test drive.

"My company or me personally? Me personally, I'd be honored with such a responsibility, but need to speak to my superiors before I can accept such an offer. My company? Again, I'll have to vet anything with my superiors, but with both it's probable."

"Reaching for the moon?"

"No point in getting fixated on just one target," Sam quips. "Don't be afraid to take your time considering the request to have you personally go. Lord Sharplen isn't scheduled to depart until the middle of April."

If it was opened up to national militaries without the dues you're currently charging. Easily.

Sam's pursing the line of thought of establishing a rough four tier classification scheme for Duties / Tarriffs on military equipment

Tier 1 (Minimal Duties/Tariffs/Paperwork): Reputable Merc Units (aka ones without major black marks from the Review Board and solid credit), sub-states such as Oriente Andurien, Skye etc. Explicitly: OWA and Magistry of Canopus
Tier 2 (Moderate duties etc): Merc units with minor problems (aka ones who need to pay cash up front) sub-states such as Draconis March, Sarna and Tikonov; Marik
Tier 3 (Major duties etc): St Ives Commonality, Crucis March for planetary militias (when no conflict is occurring), DC Nobles
Tier 4 (No Sales Allowed): Capellan March, Sian Commanility , Marian Hegemony, Circunus, Oberon

You can always present a request to your industrial interests... and you can always look into some more exotic technology as well.

Mech 'mortars, MRMs, Rocket Launchers, and Fuel Cell Vees are kinda a obvious things that they never tried... mostly due to not being in the rules yet.

Given Sam very much wants to start placing Armored Corps on all vulnerable worlds, so Pinard Protectorates Limited and VMI each get funding to build another Vedette line each, while VMI and TTI get funding for an additional line of Hunters each. Goal is to form up new TDF Armored Corps on worlds lacking in Battlemech coverage, starting with Sterope.

"We're going to have to take her apart and recreate the tooling for every individual bit. Cheaper than a new design but still more expensive than, say, opening a second line of an existing 'mech. Personally, I'm all for it, but you need to know the limitations."
"As in she'll be destroyed in the process or take an incredibly long time to do so?"

Hanse will have his own team on its way.
A secure site for the Embassy will be determined for both their sake and the Protectors, the last thing Sam wants is turn the place into a soft target for reactionaries.

Of course. Though of course your character has access to meta-knowledge.
OOC: Must not ask Natasha about weather on Strana Metchy and the Scorpions on Roche,

Take time and money that. And hope noone bombs the place.

As a first draft:

Torpedo Boat: Built by basically building from the engines of the Union on up, the brand new frame is based purely around the two Killer Whale missile launchers that make up the primary feature of this Dropship. Each tube has ten missiles apiece (with the possibility of adding nukes) firing straight up through the nose of the spheroid craft. To destroy incoming ASF all facings feature batteries of 4 large lasers is backed up with 4 small lasers providing point defense. On every facing baring the nose 4 LRM 20s carry sufficient ammo to fire 12 volleys each.

Code:
AeroTech 2 Vessel Technical Readout
VALIDATED
Class/Model/Name: Torpedo Boat
Tech: Inner Sphere / 3055
Vessel Type: Spheroid DropShip
Rules: Level 2, Standard design
Rules Set: AeroTech2
Mass: 3,600 tons
Length: 82 meters
Power Plant: Standard
Safe Thrust: 3
Maximum Thrust: 5
Armor Type: Standard
Armament:
2 Killer Whale
24 Small Laser
24 Large Laser
20 LRM 20
------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Equipment: Mass
Power Plant, Drive & Control: 702.00
Thrust: Safe Thrust: 3
Structural Integrity: 30 216.00
Total Heat Sinks: 303 Single 234.00
Fuel & Fuel Pumps: 226.00
Bridge, Controls, Radar, Computer & Attitude Thrusters: 27.00
Fire Control Computers: .00
Food & Water: (120 days supply) 18.00
Armor Type: Standard (1,848 total armor pts) 108.00
Standard Scale Armor Pts
Fore: 527
Left/Right Sides: 462/462
Aft: 397
Cargo:
Bay 1: Cargo (1) with 1 door 50.00
Escape Pods: 6 (7 tons each) 42.00
Crew and Passengers:
5 Officers (4 minimum) 50.00
6 Crew (0 minimum) 42.00
14 Gunners (14 minimum) 98.00
5 Marines 25.00
Weapons and Equipment Loc SRV MRV LRV ERV Heat Mass
2 Killer Whale(20 msls) Nose 8 8 8 8 40 1,300.00
4 Small Laser Nose 1(12) -- -- -- 4 2.00
4 Large Laser Nose 3(32) 3(32) -- -- 32 20.00
4 Large Laser FL/R 3(32) 3(32) -- -- 64 40.00
4 LRM 20(48 rounds) FL/R 5(48) 5(48) 5(48) -- 48 96.00
4 Small Laser FL/R 1(12) -- -- -- 8 4.00
4 Large Laser AL/R 3(32) 3(32) -- -- 64 40.00
4 LRM 20(48 rounds) AL/R 5(48) 5(48) 5(48) -- 48 96.00
4 Small Laser AL/R 1(12) -- -- -- 8 4.00
4 Large Laser Aft 3(32) 3(32) -- -- 32 20.00
4 LRM 20(48 rounds) Aft 5(48) 5(48) 5(48) -- 24 48.00
4 Small Laser Aft 1(12) -- -- -- 4 2.00
1 Lot Spare Parts (2.50%) 90.00
TOTALS: Heat: 376 3,600.00
Tons Left: .00
Calculated Factors:
Total Cost: 447,610,352 C-Bills
Battle Value: 10,714
Cost per BV: 41,778.08
Weapon Value: 13,473 (Ratio = 1.26)
Damage Factors: SRV = 431; MRV = 311; LRV = 100; ERV = 19
Maintenance: Maintenance Point Value (MPV) = 40,156
(21,978 Structure, 8,520 Life Support, 9,658 Weapons)
Support Points (SP) = 30,385 (76% of MPV)
BattleForce2: MP: 3, Armor/Structure: 31 / 31
Damage PB/M/L: 18/16/10, Overheat: 0
Class: DM; Point Value: 107
Specials: sph, if

One of your techs suggests talking to Mountain Wolf Mechs if you're talking new companies. Their Merlin is a real symbol of periphery pride.

Inquires are sent Mountain Wolfs way.

Yes. Though at the same time that might antagonize New Avalon.

Some suggest keeping the military on full alert and simply making yourself as unattractive a target as possible.

Thus Sam's suggestion of finding targets that make it blatant the TCs anger over the raids is being directly targeted at the ass ordering them.

At the moment they'd rather focus on getting Jumpship production back up if they were going to do anything.
Perfectly acceptable

What kind of cut and for how long?

Sam won't object to Magna making money off of introducing FWL firms into doing business inside or with the TC, she'll object to exploitative practices and counter productive ones. 5% for twenty years sounds reasonable, of course other companies might be sharp negotiators.
[dice]1733[/dice]
[dice]1734[/dice]

3011 jack calderon hmmm, well id like to change that to making jumpers still. On plus side, itll be a distraction and cover for the warship yards.

True. Though most of them think making functional jumpships again would be a net gain. Warships is a bit of a pipe dream.

True, whats its status and damages as is?

Both the engines are damaged and in need of a refit while the weapons have been stripped.

but itll be a nice threat to get attention and hopefully get them to use there brains and drop the stupid ball.

More they're not legally doing anything wrong so it'll just cost you political capitol.

Might as well ask TTI to start a long term project to remake the toro at the same time.

It'll take a while but it can be done.

I agree, thats why im asking and planning it now. as for a when, how about we use this operation as a birthday bash and ascension to protector-ship party for Jack nearly next year. Is that enough time?

A bit of the overdramatic there don't you think?

Alejandro Diaz-Calderon (19) 3031

"Alright let's get this over with then."

You're given the test. And it's exactly as it says.

"We're going to have to rush your to Samantha asap before they can find out about you and try and interdict your claim."

"One more run down on the council's membership and any updates since the last time I got briefed on them." Kaede checks the watch - not her watch, this one is platinum and gold with gems marking each hour and an emergency locator beacon built into it. She doesn't even want to know what it cost.

There are several major members, including the head of the Taurian Guards and the Commander and Chief of the Military, and most of the previous protector's privy council.

The military is fully aware of you and have been blocking most of the politicians, except for Alexander Fonn who is serving as the intern steward of Taurus.

The council is in full debate when the doors slam open, held by a pair of Taurian Guard in full VIP protection mode and you're lead through by the XO of the Guard. In your stupidly expensive dress, with your thousand dollar hair cut, you're every bit the image of the royal princess.

"What is the meaning of this?" exclaims a man you know to be Jack Shraplen, the father of the one day to be much beloved (SNORT!) Grover Shraplen.

"This," Lord Fonn remarks calmly, "Is Lady Kaede Kanzaki-Calderon, Daughter of the late Shane Calderon, and heir to the titles and fortune of House Calderon."

"This is ridiculous," snorts Lady Kenze Ritcher, whom is technically your fifth cousin through her Calderon grandmother and one of the louder voices in trying to claim house Calderon's wealth.

"Genetic tests by Comstar confirm it," the CO of the Guards replies, "And our own independent tests do so as well."

An awkward silence falls over the room.

Will do at the end of the post

k

Sam thanks Sharplen and give him time to prepare his fief while he prepares for a long voyage. A team that will accompany him will arrive early April and depart onwards from McLeod's land from there.

Wonderful.

Apart from drumming up interest in buying Taurian arms in Andurien goal is to fish for bits and pieces of Wolverine tooling as well from FWDI.

Alright.

In Oriente apart from drumming up interest a poke at Earthwerks in Calloway VI to see if they would interested in making any deals.

What would you be interested in?

Sam eventually takes the Monsieur Vanderzham for an, ahem, test drive.

He shows you his shuttle. At first glance, it's unexceptional. A standard light duty shuttle like one of a million others, though with a sporty paint job. Inside its quite a bit better equipped. The Cargo space has been sacrificed to make it a somewhat cramp but fully fitted little micro-apartment, complete with mini-bar...

"No point in getting fixated on just one target," Sam quips. "Don't be afraid to take your time considering the request to have you personally go. Lord Sharplen isn't scheduled to depart until the middle of April."

He nods. "Understood, ma'am."

He seems to know this is a major chance for his career personally.

Sam's pursing the line of thought of establishing a rough four tier classification scheme for Duties / Tarriffs on military equipment

Tier 1 (Minimal Duties/Tariffs/Paperwork): Reputable Merc Units (aka ones without major black marks from the Review Board and solid credit), sub-states such as Oriente Andurien, Skye etc. Explicitly: OWA and Magistry of Canopus
Tier 2 (Moderate duties etc): Merc units with minor problems (aka ones who need to pay cash up front) sub-states such as Draconis March, Sarna and Tikonov; Marik
Tier 3 (Major duties etc): St Ives Commonality, Crucis March for planetary militias (when no conflict is occurring), DC Nobles
Tier 4 (No Sales Allowed): Capellan March, Sian Commanility , Marian Hegemony, Circunus, Oberon

The Marians and Circunus are actually major buyers. A bit of Periphery pride there.

The favoring of skye is seen as a little suspicious as they like to cause trouble within the Lyran Commonwealth and you might want to reconsider it.

Given Sam very much wants to start placing Armored Corps on all vulnerable worlds, so Pinard Protectorates Limited and VMI each get funding to build another Vedette line each, while VMI and TTI get funding for an additional line of Hunters each. Goal is to form up new TDF Armored Corps on worlds lacking in Battlemech coverage, starting with Sterope.

Somehow words of this goes out and you get a rather intersting proposal... from Quickschell.

Would you be interested in a plant within the Concordant?

"As in she'll be destroyed in the process or take an incredibly long time to do so?"

"It'll take a while. Every part of her will have to be broken down and scanned for replication."

A secure site for the Embassy will be determined for both their sake and the Protectors, the last thing Sam wants is turn the place into a soft target for reactionaries.

Of course.
OOC: Must not ask Natasha about weather on Strana Metchy and the Scorpions on Roche,

Heh

As a first draft:

Torpedo Boat: Built by basically building from the engines of the Union on up, the brand new frame is based purely around the two Killer Whale missile launchers that make up the primary feature of this Dropship. Each tube has ten missiles apiece (with the possibility of adding nukes) firing straight up through the nose of the spheroid craft. To destroy incoming ASF all facings feature batteries of 4 large lasers is backed up with 4 small lasers providing point defense. On every facing baring the nose 4 LRM 20s carry sufficient ammo to fire 12 volleys each.

Code:
AeroTech 2 Vessel Technical Readout
VALIDATED
Tech: Inner Sphere / 3055
Vessel Type: Spheroid DropShip
Rules: Level 2, Standard design
Rules Set: AeroTech2
Length: 82 meters
Power Plant: Standard
Safe Thrust: 3
Armor Type: Standard
Armament:
2 Killer Whale
24 Small Laser
24 Large Laser
20 LRM 20
------------------------
Equipment: Mass
Power Plant, Drive & Control: 702.00
Thrust: Safe Thrust: 3
Structural Integrity: 30 216.00
Total Heat Sinks: 303 Single 234.00
Fuel & Fuel Pumps: 226.00
Bridge, Controls, Radar, Computer & Attitude Thrusters: 27.00
Fire Control Computers: .00
Food & Water: (120 days supply) 18.00
Armor Type: Standard (1,848 total armor pts) 108.00
Standard Scale Armor Pts
Fore: 527
Left/Right Sides: 462/462
Aft: 397
Cargo:
Bay 1: Cargo (1) with 1 door 50.00
Escape Pods: 6 (7 tons each) 42.00
Crew and Passengers:
5 Officers (4 minimum) 50.00
6 Crew (0 minimum) 42.00
14 Gunners (14 minimum) 98.00
5 Marines 25.00
Weapons and Equipment Loc SRV MRV LRV ERV Heat Mass
2 Killer Whale(20 msls) Nose 8 8 8 8 40 1,300.00
4 Small Laser Nose 1(12) -- -- -- 4 2.00
4 Large Laser Nose 3(32) 3(32) -- -- 32 20.00
4 Large Laser FL/R 3(32) 3(32) -- -- 64 40.00
4 LRM 20(48 rounds) FL/R 5(48) 5(48) 5(48) -- 48 96.00
4 Small Laser FL/R 1(12) -- -- -- 8 4.00
4 Large Laser AL/R 3(32) 3(32) -- -- 64 40.00
4 LRM 20(48 rounds) AL/R 5(48) 5(48) 5(48) -- 48 96.00
4 Small Laser AL/R 1(12) -- -- -- 8 4.00
4 Large Laser Aft 3(32) 3(32) -- -- 32 20.00
4 LRM 20(48 rounds) Aft 5(48) 5(48) 5(48) -- 24 48.00
4 Small Laser Aft 1(12) -- -- -- 4 2.00
1 Lot Spare Parts (2.50%) 90.00
TOTALS: Heat: 376 3,600.00
Tons Left: .00
Calculated Factors:
Total Cost: 447,610,352 C-Bills
Battle Value: 10,714
Cost per BV: 41,778.08
Weapon Value: 13,473 (Ratio = 1.26)
Damage Factors: SRV = 431; MRV = 311; LRV = 100; ERV = 19
Maintenance: Maintenance Point Value (MPV) = 40,156
(21,978 Structure, 8,520 Life Support, 9,658 Weapons)
Support Points (SP) = 30,385 (76% of MPV)
BattleForce2: MP: 3, Armor/Structure: 31 / 31
Damage PB/M/L: 18/16/10, Overheat: 0
Class: DM; Point Value: 107
Specials: sph, if

You're a couple years ahead of yourself there

Inquires are sent Mountain Wolfs way.

If the price (and subsidies) are right, they'll happily do so. In fact with the reply you get a message from the OWA asking if you'd like to go into an industrial development pact aimed at aiding one another in securing your defenses against outside invaders.

Thus Sam's suggestion of finding targets that make it blatant the TCs anger over the raids is being directly targeted at the ass ordering them.

Would you like to blow up his favorite vacation palace?

Sam won't object to Magna making money off of introducing FWL firms into doing business inside or with the TC, she'll object to exploitative practices and counter productive ones. 5% for twenty years sounds reasonable, of course other companies might be sharp negotiators.
[dice]1733[/dice]
[dice]1734[/dice]

They're extremely interested in this. Oh yeah. VERY.

And is Bowie getting offer like this as well?

And what subsidies are you offering to companies looking to set up in the area?

jack calderon 3011
True. Though most of them think making functional jumpships again would be a net gain. Warships is a bit of a pipe dream.
Its the gold medal we can aim for.

Both the engines are damaged and in need of a refit while the weapons have been stripped.
Wild idea then, Why not just turn it into a CV and add every dropship collar we can to it. as we only have to get the drives back online and some repairs and refitting to the hull.

More they're not legally doing anything wrong so it'll just cost you political capitol.
(then we read the far lookers very differently)

It'll take a while but it can be done.
Then might as well tell them to work on the talos at the same time.

A bit of the overdramatic there don't you think?
Im a calderon, its in my dna.

There are several major members, including the head of the Taurian Guards and the Commander and Chief of the Military, and most of the previous protector's privy council.

The military is fully aware of you and have been blocking most of the politicians, except for Alexander Fonn who is serving as the intern steward of Taurus.

The council is in full debate when the doors slam open, held by a pair of Taurian Guard in full VIP protection mode and you're lead through by the XO of the Guard. In your stupidly expensive dress, with your thousand dollar hair cut, you're every bit the image of the royal princess.

"What is the meaning of this?" exclaims a man you know to be Jack Shraplen, the father of the one day to be much beloved (SNORT!) Grover Shraplen.

"This," Lord Fonn remarks calmly, "Is Lady Kaede Kanzaki-Calderon, Daughter of the late Shane Calderon, and heir to the titles and fortune of House Calderon."

"This is ridiculous," snorts Lady Kenze Ritcher, whom is technically your fifth cousin through her Calderon grandmother and one of the louder voices in trying to claim house Calderon's wealth.

"Genetic tests by Comstar confirm it," the CO of the Guards replies, "And our own independent tests do so as well."

An awkward silence falls over the room.
"I realise this comes as something of a surprise to most of you. It was a considerable surprise to me when it was determined, but I've had a little while to come to terms to it."

Kaede approaches Alexander Fonn. "Thank you for the warm welcome, my lord. I don't imagine that the last few weeks have been anything but a trial for you."

Then she turns to the rest of the room. "If anyone wishes to challenge the veracity of genetic tests carried out by ComStar and again by the Taurian Defense Force then one further test can surely be carried out here. I can't imagine that the medical staff would be unable to carry out such a test. I've no expectation that the results will be different, which at this time would seem to make me the senior member of House Calderon, with all the responsibilities that that implies. I hope I can look to all of you to support the Concordat as you have under my distingushed predecessor."

Samantha, March 3025
What would you be interested in?

From Earthwerks-FWL; Primarily the BattleMaster, Thug, Phoenix Hawk, and Shadow Hawk.

He shows you his shuttle. At first glance, it's unexceptional. A standard light duty shuttle like one of a million others, though with a sporty paint job. Inside its quite a bit better equipped. The Cargo space has been sacrificed to make it a somewhat cramp but fully fitted little micro-apartment, complete with mini-bar...

Fade to black

He nods. "Understood, ma'am."

He seems to know this is a major chance for his career personally.

Considering its his plan I'd say yes its a major chance.

The Marians and Circunus are actually major buyers. A bit of Periphery pride there.

The favoring of skye is seen as a little suspicious as they like to cause trouble within the Lyran Commonwealth and you might want to reconsider it.

Ah I figured the Marians and Circunus would be viewed as little more than pirates. However if they are simply 'Upstanding Business Men' well Tier 1 it is.

As for Skye, I only mentioned them as the only Lyran substate I could remember off the top of my head. Tamar and Protectorate of Donegal would Tier 1 as well.

The 4 Tiers are mostly a rough draft to be worked over and improved; Capellan March is staying at Tier 4 for very much the foreseeable future.

Somehow words of this goes out and you get a rather intersting proposal... from Quickschell.

Would you be interested in a plant within the Concordant?

A plant featuring Manticore Tanks, Ontos Tanks and Scorpion Tanks yes.

"It'll take a while. Every part of her will have to be broken down and scanned for replication."

"A long and no doubt expensive project," Sam acknowledges. "I'll likely table said project until later in the year."

You're a couple years ahead of yourself there

Very much so, still its a rough draft of a basic native design using no new engines that in theory should provide a solid upgrade to the TCN's attack dropships. If it ever gets close to production the Torpedo Boat isn't likely to cause the same panic new WarShips would, being of course much easier to build a clone of (plus it will bugger the Clan Invasion XD if a build up of Pocket Warships starts up).

If the price (and subsidies) are right, they'll happily do so. In fact with the reply you get a message from the OWA asking if you'd like to go into an industrial development pact aimed at aiding one another in securing your defenses against outside invaders.

How much of an investment (and it would be a personal investment not a loan) is Mountain Wolf looking for? Subsidies to Heavy Industry are still being hashed out internally that will be phased in over the next few years.

In response to the OWA the answer is a resounding yes. Diplomatic corps will begin getting a rough draft of the deal to bicker over.

* In the vein of further industrial development: Wingman on Pinard gets funding for an additional Heavy Strike Fighter line.

Would you like to blow up his favorite vacation palace?

Burned to the ground. However the staff are to be given a chance to actually evacuate the place to turn into something less of a total PR disaster.

They're extremely interested in this. Oh yeah. VERY.

And is Bowie getting offer like this as well?

And what subsidies are you offering to companies looking to set up in the area?

Pretty much the same deal is on the table for Bowie as well. Subsidies for industrial development are still being worked out but are going to be coming from clawed backed subsidies to Colonization.

Magna's asked to consider dropping a message to Kong Interstellar that the TC is very interested in their Harvester Ant Industrial Mech.

Speaking of Colonization:

Lord Dumas and fellow Farlookers should be showing up soon.

"Very well, we should go."

You're taken to a Leopard CV at the local space port with orders to take you directly to Samantha City.

You're going to be drilled by his best high born officers over the next week or so. Expect little rest.

jack calderon 3011
Its the gold medal we can aim for.

They'd rather one that won't end in tears, blood, and objective raids.

Wild idea then, Why not just turn it into a CV and add every dropship collar we can to it. as we only have to get the drives back online and some repairs and refitting to the hull.

(then we read the far lookers very differently)

Because that would be insanely fucking expensive and well beyond their ability. Retrofitting more drop collars onto a ship is pricy to put it gently.

Then might as well tell them to work on the talos at the same time.

They don't HAVE a decent sample of the Talos.

Im a calderon, its in my dna.

As is lack of punctuation. :p

"I realise this comes as something of a surprise to most of you. It was a considerable surprise to me when it was determined, but I've had a little while to come to terms to it."

Kaede approaches Alexander Fonn. "Thank you for the warm welcome, my lord. I don't imagine that the last few weeks have been anything but a trial for you."

Then she turns to the rest of the room. "If anyone wishes to challenge the veracity of genetic tests carried out by ComStar and again by the Taurian Defense Force then one further test can surely be carried out here. I can't imagine that the medical staff would be unable to carry out such a test. I've no expectation that the results will be different, which at this time would seem to make me the senior member of House Calderon, with all the responsibilities that that implies. I hope I can look to all of you to support the Concordat as you have under my distingushed predecessor."

"Yes," Lady Ritcher replies calmly, "My personal..."

Lord Fonn cuts her off. "No. We'll have the household medical staff conduct the tests. We will risk no bias."

"Are you claiming that I would falsify evidence?"

Shraplen snorts. "My lady, this much power and money would make Davions the best of us."

Samantha, March 3025

From Earthwerks-FWL; Primarily the BattleMaster, Thug, Phoenix Hawk, and Shadow Hawk.

Alright.

So you using protection?

D100

Considering its his plan I'd say yes its a major chance.

And he knows it.

Though a couple months later you do get a "What's up" from Hanse Davion via the embasy.

You getting ready to send a man who pretty much burns a yearly effigy of him on a speaking tour of the combine. While he understands you owe him no explanation, he'd very much like to know what you're up to.

Ah I figured the Marians and Circunus would be viewed as little more than pirates. However if they are simply 'Upstanding Business Men' well Tier 1 it is.

Little more but only just.

But still. Periphery States Uber Allies.

As for Skye, I only mentioned them as the only Lyran substate I could remember off the top of my head. Tamar and Protectorate of Donegal would Tier 1 as well.

Basically "As long as no-one uses them to shoot at me".

The 4 Tiers are mostly a rough draft to be worked over and improved; Capellan March is staying at Tier 4 for very much the foreseeable future.

Okay.

A plant featuring Manticore Tanks, Ontos Tanks and Scorpion Tanks yes.

Nothing so fancy. More Hetzers, Scorpions, the APC and the Carrier lines. Their cheap and nasty bread and butter units.

One the same note, another company sends a reply just after them. Omni Defense Systems.

While a smaller corp with few unique deigns, they're actually a rather long standing competitor for the "Shitty Little Tank" market with Quickschell. They also build APCs and this little number...

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/combat-vehicles/aardvark-light-tank/msg414674/#msg414674

"A long and no doubt expensive project," Sam acknowledges. "I'll likely table said project until later in the year."

He sighs. "It'll be just as expensive and time consuming then as it will be now. Might as well get started while the iron is hit."

Very much so, still its a rough draft of a basic native design using no new engines that in theory should provide a solid upgrade to the TCN's attack dropships. If it ever gets close to production the Torpedo Boat isn't likely to cause the same panic new WarShips would, being of course much easier to build a clone of (plus it will bugger the Clan Invasion XD if a build up of Pocket Warships starts up).

Problem is the missile systems are a bit advanced by modern standards.

How much of an investment (and it would be a personal investment not a loan) is Mountain Wolf looking for? Subsidies to Heavy Industry are still being hashed out internally that will be phased in over the next few years.

Hundred million towards the factory and a tax break for the next 10 years.

In response to the OWA the answer is a resounding yes. Diplomatic corps will begin getting a rough draft of the deal to bicker over.

They'll happily do all they can to work with you.

It is mentioned in passing that this will probably be much more weighted in their favor than the concordants. Not due to any desire to cheat you of course, but more because their industry is kinda pants.

* In the vein of further industrial development: Wingman on Pinard gets funding for an additional Heavy Strike Fighter line.

You put in a request, cut the costs, or pay full out?

Burned to the ground.
However the staff are to be given a chance to actually evacuate the place to turn into something less of a total PR disaster.

Do you want to salt the earth? Some defoliant LRM can go a long way...

Only thing better than burning his private villa to the ground would be to also turn his personal tropical island into his personal desert island.

Pretty much the same deal is on the table for Bowie as well.

Alright.

Subsidies for industrial development are still being worked out but are going to be coming from clawed backed subsidies to Colonization.

And about that, you now have your meeting with Mr. Dunn.

Magna's asked to consider dropping a message to Kong Interstellar that the TC is very interested in their Harvester Ant Industrial Mech.

Alright. So lisence or you want them to build a faculty?

Speaking of Colonization:

Lord Dumas and fellow Farlookers should be showing up soon.

Yep.

"Yes," Lady Ritcher replies calmly, "My personal..."

Lord Fonn cuts her off. "No. We'll have the household medical staff conduct the tests. We will risk no bias."

"Are you claiming that I would falsify evidence?"

Shraplen snorts. "My lady, this much power and money would make Davions the best of us."
Kaede notes that Ritcher is being rather blatant with that attempt. "We can hardly claim to be disinterested parties, Lady Ritcher. If I had a personal medical staff, they'd not be trusted with this either."

While the test is being set up for, Kaede talks to the military men to make sure she correctly understands where the Concordat stands on military matters, specifically:
1. Is anyone invading us right now?
2. Are any worlds following through with the mutters of seccession.
3. In the absence of an immediate threat, what are the TDF's main concerns at this time.

Kaede notes that Ritcher is being rather blatant with that attempt. "We can hardly claim to be disinterested parties, Lady Ritcher. If I had a personal medical staff, they'd not be trusted with this either."

She scowls and stops her complaints.

The test results are rather conclusive. You're the last living Calderon.

While the test is being set up for, Kaede talks to the military men to make sure she correctly understands where the Concordat stands on military matters, specifically:
1. Is anyone invading us right now?

No, but raids are on the rise due to the instability.

2. Are any worlds following through with the mutters of seccession.

Lots of talk but noone seems to be willing to take that first step as of yet.

3. In the absence of an immediate threat, what are the TDF's main concerns at this time.

Stability, order, and security.

You're taken to a Leopard CV at the local space port with orders to take you directly to Samantha City.

You're going to be drilled by his best high born officers over the next week or so. Expect little rest.
Alejandro devotes himself fully to the drills, and uses what little free time he has to bring himself up to speed on the current political landscape.

jack calderon 3011
They'd rather one that won't end in tears, blood, and objective raids.
What if we keep it quite and use building jumpship yards and jumpships as a cover?

Because that would be insanely fucking expensive and well beyond their ability. Retrofitting more drop collars onto a ship is pricy to put it gently.
Well i have to ask or i wont know.
Can we still make Capital missile and launchers for them? If so Can we stick a few on Dropships?

They don't HAVE a decent sample of the Talos.
Well time to remake it or another new medium native mech design.

As is lack of punctuation. :p
True. Is that enough time however, and do they think we can pull it off?

Also ask for a review of the Nuke stock pile and production per year.

She scowls and stops her complaints.

The test results are rather conclusive. You're the last living Calderon.
"If there are no further questions on that point, I believe that settles the matter of succession. Unless someone has an immediate crisis to bring to my attention, the next step would appear to be a formal announcement, which should settle some of the concerns that have been raised about the stability of the Concordat."

No, but raids are on the rise due to the instability.
Aside from stabilising the Concordat, are there any particular instructions they'd want to receive from their Commander-in-Chief to deal with those raiders? I can't exactly expect Mr. Davion, Mr. Liao and Mr. Hasek to go stand in a corner and think about what they've done, but if there's some policy level steps that can be taken, they have my attention.

Lots of talk but noone seems to be willing to take that first step as of yet.
Good. It seems reasonably likely that settling the succession will resolve most, perhaps all, of that sentiment.

Stability, order, and security.
I'll get to work on that then.

Once the formalities of taking office I'll want:
1. an audit of government finances. I don't believe the Farlookers are siphoning off funds illicitly yet but they're getting some substantial tax breaks at least. The audit should at least let me know what I'm dealing with resource-wise.
2. an audit of Calderon family holdings and finances. Given the recent deaths the family financial affairs are probably a mess that needs some clearing up.
3. a status report on the military production and training situation within the Concordat.

Samantha March 3025

So you using protection?

D100

Nope, roll at end of post.

Though a couple months later you do get a "What's up" from Hanse Davion via the embasy.

You getting ready to send a man who pretty much burns a yearly effigy of him on a speaking tour of the combine. While he understands you owe him no explanation, he'd very much like to know what you're up to.

The Embassy gets provided with a copy of the powers invested in Grover Sharplen (aka absolutely minimal), and an answer at the very least the Combine's citizens will benefit from Grover's multiple hour lectures, his many almost nigh unlimited lectures on the evils of the FedSuns.

In more practical terms Sam is angling to get a-hold of license for the Kiso Industrial Mech, oh and a single export permit for an Achilles painted Cheery Red with Gold racing stripes.

On that note the fishing expedition to the DC has added to its list of tasks for the various minions added to the task force:

1) Getting permission to talk with Osaka Heavy Metrics for licensing the Kiso Industrial Mech, LexaTech (purely for LAM technology), Galileo Instruments] Galileo for dropships, Samarkand Metals mostly about their heavy tanks.

No actual progress is expected beyond a basic "We'd like to talk and perhaps come to a deal" without the Dragon being all annoyed

2) Setting up the potential purchase of an Achilles purely to be the Protectors personally pimped out (and piloted ride)

3) A messenger with several one time pads is dispatched to Wolfs Dragoons to both extend an offer of employment after their contract with the DC is over and to inform them of several upcoming changes to the TCs regulations on selling military equipment.

Basically "As long as no-one uses them to shoot at me".

Essentially, well that and "Do we extend Credit or Demand Cash Upfront"

Nothing so fancy. More Hetzers, Scorpions, the APC and the Carrier lines. Their cheap and nasty bread and butter units.

One the same note, another company sends a reply just after them. Omni Defense Systems.

While a smaller corp with few unique deigns, they're actually a rather long standing competitor for the "Shitty Little Tank" market with Quickschell. They also build APCs and this little number...

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/combat-vehicles/aardvark-light-tank/msg414674/#msg414674

Samantha's minions promptly write a reply thanking Quickcell for their interest but the Taurian Concordat is more than satisfied with its native APCs, and Carriers. No need to upset the local manufactures of APCs, carriers etc for Quickcell if they aren't willing to consider production of the heavy tanks.

Whats the opinion of the TDF on the Aardvark as an appropriate tank for the TDF or Planetary militias?

He sighs. "It'll be just as expensive and time consuming then as it will be now. Might as well get started while the iron is hit."

Hmm true. Samantha has a short list made up of Top Men (and Ladies of course) who are semi/fully retired from either Industry or Academics to head a fairly complex project to restore Black Betty to pristine condition (and secretly redevelop the ability to build Toros) along with a list of some very capable Intelligence Agents to run Counter Intel ops to keep the project safe alongside.

The public Fluff is that Sam is putting up monies to get Black Betty restored to pristine condition for another hundred years of looking after the TC from her post in Samantha City.

Problem is the missile systems are a bit advanced by modern standards.

Going from the cached systems and technical documents the Calderon's stored away years and years ago Sam wants a rough ball park on how long it would take to get a production line up and running for the following.

A) Capital Missiles
B) Capital Naval Lasers
C) Capital PPCs
D) Capital AutoCannons

Hundred million towards the factory and a tax break for the next 10 years.

Sam will make the personal investment. Tentatively Mountain Wolf's new factory is to be located on Sterope unless another world lobbies exceptionally hard for it.

They'll happily do all they can to work with you.

It is mentioned in passing that this will probably be much more weighted in their favor than the concordants. Not due to any desire to cheat you of course, but more because their industry is kinda pants.

Given the still shoddy state of the Taurian Aerospace units (Taurians favoring Gunships since forever!) the TC is more than happy to benefit from the OWA providing Expertise in form of ASF trainers.

You put in a request, cut the costs, or pay full out?

Pay full out for a new line of Strike Fighters. Whenever its finished the goal is to combine production from said line with the new Vedette and Hunter lines to build up new Regiments to defend Taurian worlds, mostly those who get by pirates hard.

Do you want to salt the earth? Some defoliant LRM can go a long way...

Only thing better than burning his private villa to the ground would be to also turn his personal tropical island into his personal desert island.

Save that for when Michael Hasek needs another lesson after he rebuilds it from being burnt to the ground.

Alright. So lisence or you want them to build a faculty?

Kong Interstellar can decide if they wish to expand into the TC, however if they do it will carry an expectation that Kong will eventually start production of the Ostsol and BlackKnight Battlemechs.

Far-lookers meeting with Aramis Dunn

"Gentlemen I've called this meeting to discuss the future," Sam stated confidently as she addressed the senior Far-Looker leadership and their mentor Aramis Dunn. "I personally applaud and support your belief in the future, that the Taurian Concordat can grow and thrive through exploration and colonization."

"On the reverse I'm getting tetchy and frustrated with the sheer waste, mismanagement and mess of strategic consequences the last twenty five years of colonization have produced. A mess I'm going to resolve before this nation launches any new colonization ventures." Sam stated with steely confidence as she eyed balled the various delegates. "From today on is stopping its support and recognition of new colonized worlds for a period of at least twenty five years. The substantial tax breaks and subsidies for colonies will be continuing for the current fiscal year and will be rolled back completely over the next few years. "

Sam proceeds to lay out her basic plan of
* Massive investment in the fields of Dropships, Industrial Mechs and Vees, and preparing to build large numbers of new jumpships
* Build up of TDF permanent Armored Corps to defend vulnerable worlds from pirates and other raiders, including a focus on the recently colonized worlds
* Build up of Infrastructure all across the TC (including the recent batch of worlds colonized over the last 25 or 30 years)
* Developing the planning capability to mass colonize new worlds with 1 million + people at a time

* TC wont take in any new colonies
* Subsidies and tax breaks will be kept up for the current tax year but will start being shrunk rapidly over the next few years before being eliminated.
* Private ventures however won't be stopped. No Government backing, but no government resistance either.
[dice]1752[/dice]

Last edited:
OOC; Pyscho-sama February 3rd 3025, Fed-Rat Exile

As the final moment of suspension from the KF Jump passes you let out a deep breath counting to three before the crisp sound of the intercom speaks up in the now not so quite strange accent of Taurian English.

"Transition Successful. We've arrived at Gateway point. Twenty minutes before decoupling is completed, and an hour until scheduled departure for Taurus."

Life has been an absolutely wild ride since you were roughly awoken at 3am in your cadet quarters in the Robinson Battle Academy by one of the Academies steel faced Sergeants and rushed to Castle Sandoval in a heavily guarded convoy. The last time anything you had experienced that was five years previously when word had reached Robinson of your parents death in the OWA at the hands of the 5th Sword of Light during official business for the Sandovals.

Duke Aaron Sandoval briefed you personally on the utter decimation of the Calderon family and what it meant for your future. Even though your grandfather Fredrick Calderon had been effectively kicked out of the Taurian Concordat he had never in fact been officially dis-inherited. Even serving the Sandovals as an Economics adviser (his PhD was in Economics) or as an Ambassador for the Sandovals to the OWA wasn't enough to get his place in the family revoked.

As the last surviving Calderon who was either of age, your younger sister Miriam who is currently brooding is only fourteen, or not actually committed to an insane asylum a fourth cousin who had almost gotten his PhD in KF Physics before going utterly mad, the role of Protector was thrust somewhat reluctantly into your hands.

Accompanying you was your aunt Ayala Miers, Rabbi and legal guardian of your sister, who has been an absolute god send in keeping you grounded and focused.

The last few weeks have been aboard a TCN dropship where various advisers have been briefing you on both the TC, its laws, customs, and current strategic situation. A situation that's changing somewhat with Hanse Davion personally ordering your movements be speed up via AFFS Jumpchains and if rumors are correct giving Michael Hasek-Davion strict orders to not raid the TC at all.

In three days time you'll be landing in Samantha City to take up the oaths of office and be formally installed as Protector.

OOC: Also please roll 3d6

Last edited:
Alejandro devotes himself fully to the drills, and uses what little free time he has to bring himself up to speed on the current political landscape.

You arrive a week later and are pretty much crammed into a dress uniform with all the fixing and then a car to meet with the privvy council.

When they introduce you as Alejandro Diaz-Calderon there's a bit of a tizzy to put it gently but after some subtle threats from the C&C of the military and a full gene scan by Comstar, they recognize that you're the last Calderon.

jack calderon 3011
What if we keep it quite and use building jumpship yards and jumpships as a cover?

If it was that easy, everyone whould be trying it.

Well i have to ask or i wont know.
Can we still make Capital missile and launchers for them? If so Can we stick a few on Dropships?

No.

Well time to remake it or another new medium native mech design.

That would be very expensive.

True. Is that enough time however, and do they think we can pull it off?

Yes they can.

Also ask for a review of the Nuke stock pile and production per year.

Several thousand warheads, no current production.

"If there are no further questions on that point, I believe that settles the matter of succession. Unless someone has an immediate crisis to bring to my attention, the next step would appear to be a formal announcement, which should settle some of the concerns that have been raised about the stability of the Concordat."

Lady Ritcher raises an eyebrow. "Just because you're the Calderon Heir doesn't mean you're suited for the protectorship."

Sharplin snorts. "M'lady, I'd vote for Ian Davion's House Boy before I'd vote for you."

She glares at him.

Aside from stabilising the Concordat, are there any particular instructions they'd want to receive from their Commander-in-Chief to deal with those raiders? I can't exactly expect Mr. Davion, Mr. Liao and Mr. Hasek to go stand in a corner and think about what they've done, but if there's some policy level steps that can be taken, they have my attention.

An order to make reprisals would be nice.

And it's Mr Liao, Mr. Hasek, and Mr Davion in that order.

House Davion themselves are mostly being behaved about it.

Liao there's a very real fear he might to a land grab while Mr. Hasek seems to have lined up (and failed in) a couple objective raids.

There's fear that Davion might also invade but it's less material and more...well... "Welcome to the last 500 years."

Good. It seems reasonably likely that settling the succession will resolve most, perhaps all, of that sentiment.

More threat to get what they want than anything.

That said your assumption of the Protectorship is not majority but a solid plurality considering the number of people who put their names in the pot.

The swear you in as quickly as possible.

I'll get to work on that then.

Once the formalities of taking office I'll want:
1. an audit of government finances. I don't believe the Farlookers are siphoning off funds illicitly yet but they're getting some substantial tax breaks at least. The audit should at least let me know what I'm dealing with resource-wise.

At the moment they're really not getting much more than the normal pro-colonization handouts that have been given out over the past 500 years. This is the era before the Farlooker Handjob.

2. an audit of Calderon family holdings and finances. Given the recent deaths the family financial affairs are probably a mess that needs some clearing up.

Oh it is, but from the looks of it you now have tens of billions of Cbills to your name personally along with partial ownership of a number of industrial interests, including near total control of TTI.

3. a status report on the military production and training situation within the Concordat.

In all honesty, military production far outstrips your need. You're a net exporter of war materials. You're pretty much the main supplies of Bug and Heavy mechs to milita and mercenary interests across the sphere.

That said, there are several holes in your production capability that has lead to a need to import to fix holes in your OOB. Mostly in the line of assaults, non-insect lights, and mediums.

OOC; Pyscho-sama February 3rd 3025, Fed-Rat Exile

As the final moment of suspension from the KF Jump passes you let out a deep breath counting to three before the crisp sound of the intercom speaks up in the now not so quite strange accent of Taurian English.

An accent I've been doing my best to pick up. I need to sound like the locals.

Though thankfully, due to being from Robinson I don't have the New Avalon accent. They'd probably shoot me.

"Transition Successful. We've arrived at Gateway point. Twenty minutes before decoupling is completed, and an hour until scheduled departure for Taurus."

Life has been an absolutely wild ride since you were roughly awoken at 3am in your cadet quarters in the Robinson Battle Academy by one of the Academies steel faced Sergeants and rushed to Castle Sandoval in a heavily guarded convoy. The last time anything you had experienced that was five years previously when word had reached Robinson of your parents death in the OWA at the hands of the 5th Sword of Light during official business for the Sandovals.

And every time I think of that I swear vengeance yet again.

The Snakes will pay.

Duke Aaron Sandoval briefed you personally on the utter decimation of the Calderon family and what it meant for your future.

I owe the man a debt.

Even though your grandfather Fredrick Calderon had been effectively kicked out of the Taurian Concordat he had never in fact been officially dis-inherited. Even serving the Sandovals as an Economics adviser (his PhD was in Economics) or as an Ambassador for the Sandovals to the OWA wasn't enough to get his place in the family revoked.

The fact that he was working with the Outworlds Alliance and had a record of treating them honorably probably had everything to do with it.

From what he knew the Periphery States were tight in a way that the Successor States never were, not even during the Star League.

As the last surviving Calderon who was either of age, your younger sister Miriam who is currently brooding is only fourteen,

I look over to her. "So, Miri, how does it feel to officially be a princess?"

or not actually committed to an insane asylum a fourth cousin who had almost gotten his PhD in KF Physics before going utterly mad,

There are two kinds of KF scientists. Those who don't get it and those who are insane. I need to have him looked at to see if he can be salvaged if only as a researcher.

the role of Protector was thrust somewhat reluctantly into your hands.

By all parties I'm sure.

Accompanying you was your aunt Ayala Miers, Rabbi and legal guardian of your sister, who has been an absolute god send in keeping you grounded and focused.

I take a deep breath and look over. "God this is going to be insane."

The last few weeks have been aboard a TCN dropship where various advisers have been briefing you on both the TC, its laws, customs, and current strategic situation. A situation that's changing somewhat with Hanse Davion personally ordering your movements be speed up via AFFS Jumpchains and if rumors are correct giving Michael Hasek-Davion strict orders to not raid the TC at all.

Again, another debt owed. As long as Hanse is first prince, and as long as he keeps a muzzle on his brother-in-law, the Concordant is going to be safe from he FedSuns at least. The Capallans though, they're almost as bad as the fucking Snakes.

In three days time you'll be landing in Samantha City to take up the oaths of office and be formally installed as Protector.

I need a drink.

OOC: Also please roll 3d6

Samantha March 3025

Nope, roll at end of post.

And you don't have a surprise!

The Embassy gets provided with a copy of the powers invested in Grover Sharplen (aka absolutely minimal), and an answer at the very least the Combine's citizens will benefit from Grover's multiple hour lectures, his many almost nigh unlimited lectures on the evils of the FedSuns.

In more practical terms Sam is angling to get a-hold of license for the Kiso Industrial Mech, oh and a single export permit for an Achilles painted Cheery Red with Gold racing stripes.

On that note the fishing expedition to the DC has added to its list of tasks for the various minions added to the task force:

1) Getting permission to talk with Osaka Heavy Metrics for licensing the Kiso Industrial Mech, LexaTech (purely for LAM technology), Galileo Instruments] Galileo for dropships, Samarkand Metals mostly about their heavy tanks.

No actual progress is expected beyond a basic "We'd like to talk and perhaps come to a deal" without the Dragon being all annoyed

2) Setting up the potential purchase of an Achilles purely to be the Protectors personally pimped out (and piloted ride)

3) A messenger with several one time pads is dispatched to Wolfs Dragoons to both extend an offer of employment after their contract with the DC is over and to inform them of several upcoming changes to the TCs regulations on selling military equipment.

Alright. He was guessing that you were sending him to blow smoke up the Snake's asses and get him out of the way. Though he's a little disappointed he's not getting a trade delegation.

Essentially, well that and "Do we extend Credit or Demand Cash Upfront"

Works. The Combine has notoriously crappy credit.

Samantha's minions promptly write a reply thanking Quickcell for their interest but the Taurian Concordat is more than satisfied with its native APCs, and Carriers. No need to upset the local manufactures of APCs, carriers etc for Quickcell if they aren't willing to consider production of the heavy tanks.

The issue is the cost of setting up heavy tank lines. Fusion engines factories are insanely expensive.

Whats the opinion of the TDF on the Aardvark as an appropriate tank for the TDF or Planetary militias?

They're a cheap shitty little swarm tank that's useful in numbers. Kinda like a scorpion but faster and shorter ranged.

Hmm true. Samantha has a short list made up of Top Men (and Ladies of course) who are semi/fully retired from either Industry or Academics to head a fairly complex project to restore Black Betty to pristine condition (and secretly redevelop the ability to build Toros) along with a list of some very capable Intelligence Agents to run Counter Intel ops to keep the project safe alongside.

The public Fluff is that Sam is putting up monies to get Black Betty restored to pristine condition for another hundred years of looking after the TC from her post in Samantha City.

You assemble your A-team.

Going from the cached systems and technical documents the Calderon's stored away years and years ago Sam wants a rough ball park on how long it would take to get a production line up and running for the following.

A couple years and probably half-a billion c-bills.

B) Capital Naval Lasers
C) Capital PPCs

At least a decade and several billion c-bills

D) Capital AutoCannons
Around 5 years and at least a billion c-bills

All not counting attempts to blow up the faculties.

Sam will make the personal investment. Tentatively Mountain Wolf's new factory is to be located on Sterope unless another world lobbies exceptionally hard for it.

Sounds good to them... though if they're going to build a factory there then they want at least a Battlemech Battalion stationed to be planet. Right now there is no fixed mech formation on the planet, just the noble regiments, and they're not exactly comfortable with that.

Given the still shoddy state of the Taurian Aerospace units (Taurians favoring Gunships since forever!) the TC is more than happy to benefit from the OWA providing Expertise in form of ASF trainers.

Great! And they'd like to learn lessons from your SASF forces.

Pay full out for a new line of Strike Fighters. Whenever its finished the goal is to combine production from said line with the new Vedette and Hunter lines to build up new Regiments to defend Taurian worlds, mostly those who get by pirates hard.

Alright.

Save that for when Michael Hasek needs another lesson after he rebuilds it from being burnt to the ground.

Righto. Mission is launched.

Kong Interstellar can decide if they wish to expand into the TC, however if they do it will carry an expectation that Kong will eventually start production of the Ostsol and BlackKnight Battlemechs.

Okay.

Far-lookers meeting with Aramis Dunn

"Gentlemen I've called this meeting to discuss the future," Sam stated confidently as she addressed the senior Far-Looker leadership and their mentor Aramis Dunn. "I personally applaud and support your belief in the future, that the Taurian Concordat can grow and thrive through exploration and colonization."

"On the reverse I'm getting tetchy and frustrated with the sheer waste, mismanagement and mess of strategic consequences the last twenty five years of colonization have produced. A mess I'm going to resolve before this nation launches any new colonization ventures." Sam stated with steely confidence as she eyed balled the various delegates. "From today on is stopping its support and recognition of new colonized worlds for a period of at least twenty five years. The substantial tax breaks and subsidies for colonies will be continuing for the current fiscal year and will be rolled back completely over the next few years. "

Roll a d100

And there's almost a riot.

Sam proceeds to lay out her basic plan of
* Massive investment in the fields of Dropships, Industrial Mechs and Vees, and preparing to build large numbers of new jumpships

Once you get the yards up and running again.

* Build up of TDF permanent Armored Corps to defend vulnerable worlds from pirates and other raiders, including a focus on the recently colonized worlds

The TDF likes.

* Build up of Infrastructure all across the TC (including the recent batch of worlds colonized over the last 25 or 30 years)

Of which there have not been many. The major colonization boom of the 3030s-40s hasn't happened yet.

* Developing the planning capability to mass colonize new worlds with 1 million + people at a time

That... will be hard.

* TC wont take in any new colonies
* Subsidies and tax breaks will be kept up for the current tax year but will start being shrunk rapidly over the next few years before being eliminated.
* Private ventures however won't be stopped. No Government backing, but no government resistance either.

Alright. Lets back up a little.

This is 3025 not 3055. Right now the hug tax breaks and the like aren't around yet. It's a popular philosophy but the massive uncontrolled colonization boom you're bitching about hasn't happened yet and won't for another decade.

At this point you're literally just pissing people off.[/QUOTE]
[dice]1753[/dice]

Alejandro Diaz-Calderon(19) 3031
You arrive a week later and are pretty much crammed into a dress uniform with all the fixing and then a car to meet with the privvy council.

When they introduce you as Alejandro Diaz-Calderon there's a bit of a tizzy to put it gently but after some subtle threats from the C&C of the military and a full gene scan by Comstar, they recognize that you're the last Calderon.

'Great, just perfect. Let's do my duty then.' With that over with, Alejandro starts to assemble an acceptance speech/declaration of intent with the help of whatever speech writers or PR guys they have on retainer.

After that, start getting lessons on all that etiquette and political niceties that are necessary to grease the wheels of the bureaucracy.

And while that's happening get an update on the economy, military, intelligence, and the investigation into the 'Accident'.

Finally somehow see about getting to know whose who on my privy council.

Lady Ritcher raises an eyebrow. "Just because you're the Calderon Heir doesn't mean you're suited for the protectorship."

Sharplin snorts. "M'lady, I'd vote for Ian Davion's House Boy before I'd vote for you."

She glares at him.
"Whether or not I'm suited or not to the post, cousin, can only be determined in that post. If a Calderon with proven experience as Protector was available then this issue wouldn't have arisen at all."

An order to make reprisals would be nice.

And it's Mr Liao, Mr. Hasek, and Mr Davion in that order.

House Davion themselves are mostly being behaved about it.

Liao there's a very real fear he might to a land grab while Mr. Hasek seems to have lined up (and failed in) a couple objective raids.

There's fear that Davion might also invade but it's less material and more...well... "Welcome to the last 500 years."
I'm inclined to feel that general reprisal strikes would turn this into just another tit for tat. How would they feel about striking at the base of one of the Capellan units carrying out this raiding? This would require a fairly credible force to be committed, I assume.

More threat to get what they want than anything.

That said your assumption of the Protectorship is not majority but a solid plurality considering the number of people who put their names in the pot.

The swear you in as quickly as possible.
(I don't think it's technically an elective office although a vote of the privy council was how Shraplen would be appointed in a similar crisis. Still, there's no arguing with success.)

I'll take the oath of office and appear publicly making a suitably positive speech without making any specific commitments to anything except 'serving the Concordat'.

At the moment they're really not getting much more than the normal pro-colonization handouts that have been given out over the past 500 years. This is the era before the Farlooker Handjob.
That's fine. No point meddling with that then.

Are any particular government policy questions being directed to me at the moment.

it is, but from the looks of it you now have tens of billions of Cbills to your name personally along with partial ownership of a number of industrial interests, including near total control of TTI.
That should come in very handy.

In all honesty, military production far outstrips your need. You're a net exporter of war materials. You're pretty much the main supplies of Bug and Heavy mechs to milita and mercenary interests across the sphere.

That said, there are several holes in your production capability that has lead to a need to import to fix holes in your OOB. Mostly in the line of assaults, non-insect lights, and mediums.
In the field of 'Mechs, unless we have a sudden technological break-through I'm not worried about building additional fast 'Mechs. Assault 'Mechs would be a major investment but a gap in the mediumweights is a bit more concerning. Do we build the Griffin (it's in Objective Raids but that's decades in the future)?

Unless we have some repairable factories that would largely mean building a new production line either for an existing design or for an entirely new design, preferably one that uses more or less existing parts we already manufacture. (In the latter case I'd be thinking 40 ton 'Mech with a 280 engine, 6 tons armour, 3 medium lasers and a single large laser would be the most practical - like a slightly larger faster Wolfhound). I'm inclined to put the possibility of a new design out as a study - Mountain Wolf have shown in principle this can be done - and also explore the possibility of seeing if we can get tooling for the Hermes II from the FWL or the Vulcan or Phoenix Hawk from the Lyrans.

In the tank line, as I understand it, we're mainly building J. Edgars and Vedettes. At the moment I'm thinking developing something roughly equivalent to the Marsden II, which should be within the reach of our capabilities. I'd also be interested in seeing if Quikscell can be convinced to set up production of LRM Carriers in the Concordat.

I'm not sure where we stand with aerospace. With the possible exception of the Sabre, aren't most of our fighters Lyran designs? I know we have our own gunships which are all well and good but I think we're lacking a mid-weight design in this area.

An accent I've been doing my best to pick up. I need to sound like the locals.

While you don't manage to fully drop the distinctive Robinson twang its close enough to the Mithron accent that you'll be able to successfully dodge that

Though thankfully, due to being from Robinson I don't have the New Avalon accent. They'd probably shoot me.

Shooting would be far, far too quick.

And every time I think of that I swear vengeance yet again.

The Snakes will pay.

Terrible monsters that they are, the Draconis Combine has somehow managed to achieve a horrible credit rating. No ones actually sure they have funds to pay with, a suspicion furthered by their tendency to try and just seize what they want.

I owe the man a debt.

The fact that he was working with the Outworlds Alliance and had a record of treating them honorably probably had everything to do with it.

From what he knew the Periphery States were tight in a way that the Successor States never were, not even during the Star League.

Fortunately your Grandfathers passing was free from Snakes, merely an extremely unhealthy love of deep fried peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

I look over to her. "So, Miri, how does it feel to officially be a princess?"

After a rather half hearted lob of a pillow at your head Miriam humphs and groans a bit "Sooooo much homework. My brains are practically leaking out!"

After a pause Miriam adds on "Freaking out a bit too, all those security protocols Jessica bitched about are making more sense

There are two kinds of KF scientists. Those who don't get it and those who are insane. I need to have him looked at to see if he can be salvaged if only as a researcher.

The Samantha Calderon University's KF Physics Department fully expects he'll be out in about twenty years or so years and ready to defend his Thesis if he follows the average profile. A side note on the report includes the fact that of the SCU's KF Physics Department the only 2 Professors who didn't spend time in a Sanitorium of some sort were in fact locked up for a few years for possession & consumption of startling powerful hallucinogens

By all parties I'm sure.

The Anti-Liao crowd is perfectly alright having a Protector who isn't instantly paranoid about the FedSuns.

I take a deep breath and look over. "God this is going to be insane."

"Insane or not," Ayala replies without looking up from her own work, "You've got a job to do. Just remember you aren't in this alone"

Again, another debt owed. As long as Hanse is first prince, and as long as he keeps a muzzle on his brother-in-law, the Concordant is going to be safe from he FedSuns at least. The Capallans though, they're almost as bad as the fucking Snakes.

Speaking of Capalleans, an intel briefing suggests one of Romano or Candace might be making overtures. More specifically an offer of marriage.

Since you need to be sober your favorite milkshake is prepared.

More importantly the report on the Mule has reached a fairly definite conclusion that this truly was an accident, with a recommendation for improvements to Traffic Control over Taurus.

Additionally the Commandant of the Taurian École Militaire has floated an offer for you to finish Mech Warrior training.

While you don't manage to fully drop the distinctive Robinson twang its close enough to the Mithron accent that you'll be able to successfully dodge that

I'm also drilling my sister on this.

Shooting would be far, far too quick.

:p

Terrible monsters that they are, the Draconis Combine has somehow managed to achieve a horrible credit rating. No ones actually sure they have funds to pay with, a suspicion furthered by their tendency to try and just seize what they want.

Robinson on the the Draconis March on the other hand I'm sure has wonderful credit and being hundreds of light years removed is no threat to the Taurian Concordant, and in fact would probably be willing to swear an agreement of friendship as a discouragement to any adventurism on the behalf of the big mean First Prince (I snort at the idea: Hanse Davion is probably the only man who hates the Combine more than I do, but public perception is 2/3 of reality.).

In fact they'd also probably be willing to enter a joint industrial development program... Robinson itself is still recovering from the 1st Succession war industrially and would probably happily pay for aid in getting their industrial capability back on par with the other march capitols. And the Taurians are experts in working with a little to get a lot.

Fortunately your Grandfathers passing was free from Snakes, merely an extremely unhealthy love of deep fried peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

A love I'm sure First Prince Hanse shares.

After a rather half hearted lob of a pillow at your head Miriam humphs and groans a bit "Sooooo much homework. My brains are practically leaking out!"

"I'm the one supposed to be rulling the place. My work load is twice yours..."

After a pause Miriam adds on "Freaking out a bit too, all those security protocols Jessica bitched about are making more sense

He nods. "Yeah. I know."

The Samantha Calderon University's KF Physics Department fully expects he'll be out in about twenty years or so years and ready to defend his Thesis if he follows the average profile.

I'll be sure to visit him and smuggle him writing material. I have a strange feeling that the initial period of madness is probably when they create their best ideas.

A side note on the report includes the fact that of the SCU's KF Physics Department the only 2 Professors who didn't spend time in a Sanitorium of some sort were in fact locked up for a few years for possession & consumption of startling powerful hallucinogens

I'm willing to have it so people with degrees in KF physics can call such subsistence medicinal...

The Anti-Liao crowd is perfectly alright having a Protector who isn't instantly paranoid about the FedSuns.

Yeah. I dislike the Liao's plenty.

"Insane or not," Ayala replies without looking up from her own work, "You've got a job to do. Just remember you aren't in this alone"

I smile. "I know."

Speaking of Capalleans, an intel briefing suggests one of Romano or Candace might be making overtures. More specifically an offer of marriage.

Candace maybe though she's 10 years older than me. Romano on the other hand, I've heard the stories and you don't stick your dick in crazy.

Since you need to be sober your favorite milkshake is prepared.

Come on, not even a shot of schnapps in it?

More importantly the report on the Mule has reached a fairly definite conclusion that this truly was an accident, with a recommendation for improvements to Traffic Control over Taurus.

I see. Have the owners fined to the full extent of the law and if possible charged with negligent homocide for everyone who died, noble and common alike.

Additionally the Commandant of the Taurian École Militaire has floated an offer for you to finish Mech Warrior training.

Oh yes. I'm finishing my education for sure.

Last edited:

"Whether or not I'm suited or not to the post, cousin, can only be determined in that post. If a Calderon with proven experience as Protector was available then this issue wouldn't have arisen at all."

"Then perhaps you should consider marrying someone of proper stock and upbringing and allowing someone else... with the proper credentials... to rule the concordant for a generation."

I'm inclined to feel that general reprisal strikes would turn this into just another tit for tat. How would they feel about striking at the base of one of the Capellan units carrying out this raiding? This would require a fairly credible force to be committed, I assume.

They're based off Rollis. So to be honest they wouldn't mind an outright capture.

(I don't think it's technically an elective office although a vote of the privy council was how Shraplen would be appointed in a similar crisis. Still, there's no arguing with success.)

"Technically" most are in the Inner Sphere. Technically.

I'll take the oath of office and appear publicly making a suitably positive speech without making any specific commitments to anything except 'serving the Concordat'.

You're given a fantastically written speech that makes you seem like a wholesome font of down to earth wisdom and optimism.

That's fine. No point meddling with that then.

Right.

Are any particular government policy questions being directed to me at the moment.

They're still cleaning up the mess.

That should come in very handy.

Makes getting what you want really east.

In the field of 'Mechs, unless we have a sudden technological break-through I'm not worried about building additional fast 'Mechs. Assault 'Mechs would be a major investment but a gap in the mediumweights is a bit more concerning. Do we build the Griffin (it's in Objective Raids but that's decades in the future)?

No. That particular factory was hit during the Reunification War and was severely damaged. The same is true of a Wolverine line on Taurus.

The production toolings are in storage but many are damaged with several key components destroyed. Still, getting them up and running would be cheaper than new lines.

Unless we have some repairable factories that would largely mean building a new production line either for an existing design or for an entirely new design, preferably one that uses more or less existing parts we already manufacture. (In the latter case I'd be thinking 40 ton 'Mech with a 280 engine, 6 tons armour, 3 medium lasers and a single large laser would be the most practical - like a slightly larger faster Wolfhound). I'm inclined to put the possibility of a new design out as a study - Mountain Wolf have shown in principle this can be done - and also explore the possibility of seeing if we can get tooling for the Hermes II from the FWL or the Vulcan or Phoenix Hawk from the Lyrans.

Be expensive as hell.

In the tank line, as I understand it, we're mainly building J. Edgars and Vedettes. At the moment I'm thinking developing something roughly equivalent to the Marsden II, which should be within the reach of our capabilities. I'd also be interested in seeing if Quikscell can be convinced to set up production of LRM Carriers in the Concordat.

Throw them the right bone and they'll happily build a factory producing everything they have that uses an ICE engine except the Bulldog, due to licensing nonsense... and you have a feeling they'd be willing to "lose" a copy of the specs if you wanted to "reverse engineer" the design.

Might seem like shady business, but considering where Bulldog Industries is based (The Combine: Happy Home of the Patent Thieves) , fuck 'em.

I'm not sure where we stand with aerospace. With the possible exception of the Sabre, aren't most of our fighters Lyran designs? I know we have our own gunships which are all well and good but I think we're lacking a mid-weight design in this area.

Yep. They are. You're not exactly the OWA here.

Alejandro Diaz-Calderon(19) 3031

'Great, just perfect. Let's do my duty then.' With that over with, Alejandro starts to assemble an acceptance speech/declaration of intent with the help of whatever speech writers or PR guys they have on retainer.

They pretty much take over to be honest.

After that, start getting lessons on all that etiquette and political niceties that are necessary to grease the wheels of the bureaucracy.

Your military training will help. Though it's suggested you attend the Taurian École Militaire

And while that's happening get an update on the economy, military, intelligence, and the investigation into the 'Accident'.

Seems to be a comedy of errors. Lax Air Space management procedures combined with poor matniance and a 200 year old drop-ship being piloted by a rookie.

Finally somehow see about getting to know whose who on my privy council.

All the major movers and shakers to be honest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back