• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Advent of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

[X] kinglugia

Might want to cross out you previous votes KL.
Edit: I may not be qualified to make stat based decision but I like the sound of becoming friends with the super hot ninjas and going on more adventures
[X] Silent Dawn

Last edited:
God I'm undecided today.

RIght nowm this looks best because it has spending time with the harem:

[X] kinglugia

spend time with our harem... like we do most of the time... like we did just before we went to deal with Raisers issues... really... Oi you think Issei of ALL people is going to neglect his ladies... are you people insane?

what's next, voting for taking a dump?

[X] kinglugia

Incidentally is there any from the ninja squad we want to add to the harem?

spend time with our harem... like we do most of the time... like we did just before we went to deal with Raisers issues... really... Oi you think Issei of ALL people is going to neglect his ladies... are you people insane?

what's next, voting for taking a dump?
There's a difference between just being in the company of someone and dedicating time to them.

I'm glad the discussion managed to kick off at least.

you mean like we did just before we went to see Raiser... seriously /sigh
There was exactly one day between getting back from dealing with the Nura clan and heading off to meet with the Phenexs. He spent it getting yelled at by Sona, teaching Supernatural basics 101 to the ninja squad and punching a magic sword until it decided to be his friend.

So: What the hell are you talking about?

I'd still say its more important to have a well rounded base then focus on dex right away.

yes we have enough to buy infinite martial arts and we should when a fight is going to break out, but just discarding the versatility from knacks is stupid since this is not purely exalt setting, there are no lunars that can fight with us, no other solars or other exalted to help out. We are building up equivalents but we aren't there yet.

DxD also has its share of bull shit

Primary suspect Cao Cao and the rest of the longinus artefacts on par with exaltation shards.

They will not fight like normal exalt rules, and I believe that is where you are mistaken with your focus on dex.

as for the knacks, those were only examples of some, there are much better ones available but require we can only purchase them when we have the requisites available.

Hence why I want to have at least some of the prerequisites so that we can buy them if we need too rather than need them and not be able to get them

Even before this I would prioritize the truth shines through charm then infinite martial arts cause hey we are nearing our limit and when we reach it bad things are going to happen. I'd rather people notice something strange is going on with issei when it does then people just go along with it.

Not saying not to focus Dex so we can use it to beat the shit out of stuff, and not get hit but just purely focusing on it is a mistake. We have good parry values thanks to boosted gear don't discard that either.

To keep things short, Don't just assume focusing on EXALTED's god stat will make this quest a walk in the park. Alex has thrown us curve balls before but at least gave us hints as to what to focus on.

yes we can keep dex something we mainly focus on but I want us to at least reach the point where we can emergency purchase a dragon knack or two should the situation call for it. As well as charms from other trees besides martial arts, especially when the hero faction shows up.

At the very least include training wit's a bit so we can reach sage dragon sooner rather than later.

New vote

[X] organizing our territory
-[X] get together with Mittelt and Eiko to se to the youkai in the area and if anything needs our immediate attention.
[X] Sona's request
-[X] we hired Ninja for situations like this have them investigate the girl causing the disturbances in the area.
--[X] their objective is to find a place for us to confront her. they are not to confront her if without us emphasize that as Dragons we tend to draw powers to us and talking with her is our responsibility.
[X] Research
-[X] the Evil Pieces are almost done and once our Manse is done we will have a workshop to experiment in so finish them off.
-[X] Check Manse construction, if it's too slow, ask Rias for help. (she completely reformed Issei's home a single night)
[X] Training
-[X] finish the Training for Hypnotic Tongue Technique and Hastening Night's End
-[X] Dexterity, Wits, perception

Wits, and perception will help with finding kokabiel as well as get us closer to have all the prereqs for sage.
Never said that getting DEX or IAM would make things a walk in the park. I said it would increase our survivality, and I'm correct in this.

And you insist to get Knacks, why? The ones you posted suck. I'm going to read them more carefully, but I don't see a reason to get them. There are few things that Solars underperform, like flying and regen, those were good Knacks that we already got. If anything we would need stuff that kills with a touch, capacity to shapeshift to anything, psychic powers and other tricks that Solars usually can't get. More damage capacity isn't among them. Show me some worthwhile Knacks.

Changing my plan:

[X] Spending time with our harem
-[X] It's been a while since we have spent time with our lovers - now that the Phenex issue is done with, we can have time to get to know our lovers better. After all, a successful Harem King should be able to successfully balance his private and work time, right? Especially when you're a Solar.
--[X] Try to upgrade our relationship with the shinobi from employer to friend.

[X] Sona's request
-[X] We hired Ninja for situations like this. Have them investigate the girl causing the disturbances in the area.
--[X] Their objective is to find a place for us to confront her. They are not to confront her if without us - emphasize that as Dragons, we tend to draw powers to us and talking with her is our responsibility.

[X] Research
-[X] The Evil Pieces are almost done and once our Manse is done we will have a workshop to experiment in so finish them off.
-[X] Check Manse construction, if it's too slow, ask Rias for help. (she completely reformed Issei's home a single night)

[X] Organizing our territory
-[X] Have Mittelt and Eiko to see to the local youkai community and if anything needs our immediate attention.

[X] Training
-[X] Finish the Training for Hypnotic Tongue Technique and Hastening Night's End
-[X] Dexterity
-[X] Specialty Boosted Gear 3 (Martial Arts)

-[X] You can finish them while in your mind-scape, after all, Bright-sensei had some kind of magical Bullshit that allows her to increase the flow of time within, right?

[X] More Issei's Adventures. If Alex is interested.

In bold my divergence with Kinglugia.

Last edited:
you mean like we did just before we went to see Raiser... seriously /sigh

Wat.

Alright to make sure I am not missing anything I went back and reread everything between the end of the Youkai Yakuza Arc and going to hell, here's a basic rundown:
We had breakfast with the girls, we cleaned our house, we fought and recruited the ninjas, we showed them our training videos, we checked out our manse, we had tea with Rias, we got yelled by Sona, Shiigure visited, we went sword hunting, then we went to hell.

We haven't taken our girls on a formal date since we took Yang, Ruby and Asia to the mall I think. We have yet to take any to any individual dates. No, I don't count sex as dates.I'm old fashioned like that.

Ok, I believe we had plans, that got interrupted by rampaging swords and a few other things, I'd have to reread everything to be sure, I'm fairly sure we did have a party however

there is never going to be enough screen time for us to be satisfied KL...

So... does every noahgab-vote now count as a kinglugia-vote? ;)

[X] kinglugia

Since we have a sword now, I might suggest bringing Melee up (eventually) so we can use it.

Maybe do 'Training from Hell' later, when we've spent some quality time with our harem.

Guys, you know that xp don't grow in trees, right? I'm not so much against Wits, because it has uses, but Perception? It's not even a prerequisite of Sage Dragon Meditation and cost 6 xp and honestly is useless. We could pay 4 xp to get two dots of Awareness and end with better dice pools. And honestly, we didn't even found Ryusenkyo to make Sage Dragon a priority.

Do you know the problem of going after Knacks? It's that they are Attribute based while Solar charms are Ability based, we are spreading instead of focusing, anyone that played RPGs like Diablo or DnD knows that doing it is usually a bad idea. Lunars don't have this problem because their Charm tech is also Attibute based.

And no Melee, please. It's even worse than getting Strength or Perception. You have to realise we would need to get Melee Charms too, because just putting dots in it is useless, and they cost 10 xp each because Melee isn't one of our favored abilities.

Last edited:
We're not playing Diablo or D&D. We're trying to build a well rounded person that has more talents than 'punch it in the face' and interests in life other than beating people up and taking their stuff.
I understand that, but unfortunately, we are in a universe where kicking ass is mandatory. If we fail at it, we could die or worse, letting one of our protegees getting hurt. The problem is that the plot of DxD has an escalation of power faster than DBZ, that's no joke. And we don't have a Solar Circle to cover our weakness. We need kung fu to survive and enjoy life alongside our beloved.

Also, there is a tendency towards inefficiency here. Why get 1 dot in Perception for 6 xp if we can get 2 dots in Awareness for 4 xp. We pay less and get more.

And we don't need stats to be a good and pleasant person. It's pure roleplaying.

The Daiklave power is going to useful in the future.
Daiklave stats suck. Honestly. Even when compared to our fistcuffs.

Last edited:
You guys want to use the DaiKlave? learn a Martial Art that has it as a form weapon, problem solved

I understand that, but unfortunately, we are in a universe where kicking ass is mandatory. If we fail at it, we could die or worse, letting one of our protegees getting hurt. The problem is that the plot of DxD has an escalation of power faster than DBZ, that's no joke. And we don't have a Solar Circle to cover our weakness. We need kung fu to survive and enjoy life alongside our beloved.

Also, there is a tendency towards inefficiency here. Why get 1 dot in Perception for 6 xp if we can get 2 dots in Awareness for 4 xp. We pay less and get more.

Daiklave stats suck. Honestly. Even when compared to our fistcuffs.
Where are you looking, the Daiklive has decent stats, its only limited at the moment cause our martial arts skill is so high.

Where are you looking, the Daiklive has decent stats, its only limited at the moment cause our martial arts skill is so high.
In Exalted you have to look at everything. Like we already have Charms for our fists, and we can engage in clinching, something that swords lack, and best of all, we can do all this from a distance because of Boosted Gear, something that a Daiklave will never match. And as evidence in Raise and Kurotabou fights, our phantasm clinching can't be damaged by normal means, this is broken!

You guys want to use the DaiKlave? learn a Martial Art that has it as a form weapon, problem solved
Problem with this is that even then we can't use Fist of the Daystar charms with a Daiklave.

And by RAW, I'm not sure we can use a sword alongside gauntlets.

In Exalted you have to look at everything. Like we already have Charms for our fists, and we can engage in clinching, something that swords lack, and best of all, we can do all this from a distance because of Boosted Gear, something that a Daiklave will never match.

Problem with this is that even then we can't use Fist of the Daystar charms with a Daiklave.
So? Changing our fighting style simple. Charms we can learn. Boosted Gear works with everything. So don't diss a weapon just cause we focused on fisticuffs due to not having another viable option at the time.

So? Changing our fighting style simple. Charms we can learn. Boosted Gear works with everything. So don't diss a weapon just cause we focused on fisticuffs due to not having another viable option at the time.
From the OP:
Gauntlets of Distant Touch Mode: A force-projection weapon, it works by transmitting the kinetic impact of a close combat weapon across intervening distance as an invisible pulse. This allows wielders to use their weapons to strike at range using their close-combat training, rather than learning an entirely separate curriculum of combat. By charging Boosted Gear with an additional commitment of three motes an invisible aura of force forms around both hands for the rest of the scene. During this time, the character may perform any task that would normally require his hands simply by making the appropriate gesture (the action uses its normal dice pool and difficulty), and the Exalt may affect any objects within (Essence rating x 3) yards. From a utilitarian standpoint, the gauntlets can levitate objects (but not the user), manipulate them, pull them close or push them away. In combat, the gloves can deliver ranged Martial Arts hand strikes or clinches that benefit from close combat magical material bonuses. Such attacks also impose a -1 penalty to the opponent's Parry DV because of their invisible nature. Finally, a character wearing charged gauntlets can parry attacks directed at anyone else in range, though each such parry cumulatively decreases her Parry DV by -1 until her next action. All close and ranged attacks made using gauntlets of distant touch are considered unarmed for the purposes of compatibility with Martial Arts Charms.
Bolded an underlined by me. By RAW, in combat, it's capabilities can only be used for hand strikes or clinches, not swordfighting.

Do some math of how much xp it would cost for us to have a decent Melee proficiency, including charms, and you will see why this is a bad idea. Also, Martial Arts and Melee are too similar to compensate getting both.

The special abilities of Saingeom are weak. The charm Ghost-Eating Technique is way better. It does agravated damage to spirits and kill immortals and also gives motes to be used for Spirit-Cutting. And getting Occult is useful for learning spells, crafting and Sorcery, if we so decide.

In Exalted you have to look at everything. Like we already have Charms for our fists, and we can engage in clinching, something that swords lack, and best of all, we can do all this from a distance because of Boosted Gear, something that a Daiklave will never match. And as evidence in Raise and Kurotabou fights, our phantasm clinching can't be damaged by normal means, this is broken!

And by RAW, I'm not sure we can use a sword alongside gauntlets.
Please note that I'm not disagreeing with you, I prefer martial arts to melee, but be careful of sunk cost fallacy.

And Clenching is horrible against most things in DxD. It only worked on Raiser because he's specced for speed rather than strength and our warform made us immensely stronger than him. Also because he's kind of an idiot when he losses his temper. Trying that on most of the dangerous people around would see them snapping it with raw strength and the ones that couldn't do it that way would be perfectly capable of disrupting the magic involved long enough to escape.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back