• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Advent of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

...that's the gloves of distant touch your talking about, the range attack part at that Silent Dawn

Please note that I'm not disagreeing with you, I prefer martial arts to melee, but be careful of sunk cost fallacy.

And Clenching is horrible against most things in DxD. It only worked on Raiser because he's specced for speed rather than strength and our warform made us immensely stronger than him. Also because he's kind of an idiot when he losses his temper. Trying that on most of the dangerous people around would see them snapping it with raw strength and the ones that couldn't do it that way would be perfectly capable of disrupting the magic involved long enough to escape.
Your first statement may be true, we will only know when we try; but even if they break free, that's not bad because they would lose their turn, giving us boost time. The second statement is wrong because while in clinching you are "inactive" and can only try to get dominance of the clinch. Of course, Alex can houserule it, but by RAW it's not possible.

And if we get stronger, we could get this:
IRON TALON TECHNIQUE
Cost: 5m, 1wp
Mins: Martial Arts 6, Essence 6
Type: Supplemental
Keywords: Combo-OK, Obvious, Mirror (Ultimate Inevitability of the Grave)
Duration: Instant
Prerequisite Charms: Dragon Coil Technique
Once a Lawgiver has laid his hand upon an enemy, his wrath becomes inescapable. Even the Primordials learned this, to their sorrow. This Charm may be used to enhance a roll to maintain or gain control of an ongoing grapple, giving it an automatic threshold of one success more than the Solar's opponent. If another effect contests this one, add (Essence) in extra dice to the resulting roll.
A second purchase of this Charm at Martial Arts 9+, Essence 9+, allows it to be invoked as an inherent ability, which does not count as a Charm activation.

The second statement is wrong because while in clinching you are "inactive" and can only try to get dominance of the clinch. Of course, Alex can houserule it, but by RAW it's not possible.
Kurotabou reacted to being clenched by flurrying the entire room with more thrown weapons than is physically possible for one person to carry. That doesn't sound like being rendered inactive to me.

Kurotabou reacted to being clenched by flurrying the entire room with more thrown weapons than is physically possible for one person to carry. That doesn't sound like being rendered inactive to me.
Or it could be a Stunt, no? Or a passive power like a Dragonblood Anima flaring. Or Alex houseruling, because I also think this thing weird.

Dragon Coil Technique
Cost: 3m; Mins: Martial Arts 3, Essence 2; Type: Reflexive (Step 1 offensive or Step 2 defensive)
Keywords: Combo-OK, Hero
Duration: Action
Prerequisites: Fists of Iron Technique

The grip of the heroes of the dawn is inexorable. The pugilist may, if she chooses, crush the life from the strongest opponent. This Charm adds half the pugilist's Essence in bonus successes to all clinch-related rolls, as well as adding her Essence to the base damage of clinch crush attacks and her Strength + Athletics total for dragging a clinched opponent.

Hero: While this Charm is active, the Solar may act freely while maintaining a clinch that she controls. If she is in control of a clinch, she may defend and fight normally without the usual restrictions placed on grapplers. In addition, she needs only one hand to maintain a clinch, no matter the size of the enemy.
Bolded an underlined by me. See that Chung put that part to prevent clinch from being suicidal? In RAW, getting into clinch makes you and the target sitting ducks.

I said we could still use Boosted Gear nothing else, but Boosted Gear the Sacred Gear.
We still can't swordfight at a distance, though.

And precisely none of those things are being 'inactive'. Clenching is not a guaranteed way to lock someone down.
Nothing in any game is a guaranteed win buttom. Clinch is a good option to have, however. And if we feel like it, we could customize a version of Iron Talon Technique that indeed shuts down opponents. Exalted charms work more like Saint Seiya attack than DBZ, they can have absolute effects, like Perfect Defenses and Attacks.

as i said before silent, you're getting too focused on the exalted side of this crossover, chill a bit we are at a good place now combat wise and we can only go up from here. Also remember some of exalted rules were heavily unbalanced and broken, its why people like to homebrew stuff

doubly so as this is crossed over with dxd which runs on pure shonen and oppai

and while issei is indeed a lot better of than is canon self, he is still issei the guy who gets power up because of boobs, his loved ones thanks to the power of boosted gear which responds to his emotions, unlike exalts which follow a set of rules.

it is thanks to that that issei is discovering things unique to him that no other pure exalt has done.

while fighting is important and fun, issei has other things to worry about as well

We still can't swordfight at a distance, though.

Nothing in any game is a guaranteed win buttom. Clinch is a good option to have, however. And if we feel like it, we could customize a version of Iron Talon Technique that indeed shuts down opponents. Exalted charms work more like Saint Seiya attack than DBZ, they can have absolute effects, like Perfect Defenses and Attacks.
That's what Dragon's Breath is for.

I'm chill. And I apologize if I appeared otherwise.

I'm using Exalted mechanics because DxD is lacking a more rigid system, like Nasuverse. I mean, I don't have hard info of what characters can do and they seem to change the rules, like Issei getting BOOST!BOOST!BOOST!BOOST!BOOST!BOOST!BOOST!BOOST!BOOST!BOOST!BOOST!BOOST!BOOST!BOOST!BOOST!BOOST! without regard to the 10 seconds rule.

And... I don't like fighting... like. At. All.

I'm only emphasizing it because it's the only thing that can kill us. If we commit a social gafe, it's going to be like the anime, ecchi and comedy. I like it. Now, dying? I never like.

The thing I like the most in this quest is the buddying. I care for the characters, I don't want anyone getting hurt.

Last edited:
we tally when Alexander feels like writing an Ep ^^; which would be in 5 minutes or 3 months depending on how RL treats him

I'm chill. And I apologize if I appeared otherwise.

I'm using Exalted mechanics because DxD is lacking a more rigid system, like Nasuverse. I mean, I don't have hard info of what characters can do and they seem to change the rules, like Issei getting BOOST!BOOST!BOOST!BOOST!BOOST!BOOST!BOOST!BOOST!BOOST!BOOST!BOOST!BOOST!BOOST!BOOST!BOOST!BOOST! without regard to the 10 seconds rule.

And... I don't like fighting... like. At. All.

I'm only emphasizing it because it's the only thing that can kill us. If we commit a social gafe, it's going to be like the anime, ecchi and comedy. I like it. Now, dying? I never like.

The thing I like the most in this quest is the buddying. I care for the characters, I don't want anyone getting hurt.
Are you talking about when Issei was in Balance Breaker?

Also another thing we have to watch for Hebijo Clandestine Girls' Academy, since Issei has Homura and her Squad.

Also from Reunion and Yami

As a new member on here I am rather confused.

On one hand, I do not want Issei to underperform in the upcoming battles, the Evil Piece research is important (for some reason), and, most important of all, he needs to hang with the ladies.

On the other hand, I really want to start the Excalibur arc. The wait is painful at this point.

As a new member on here I am rather confused.

On one hand, I do not want Issei to underperform in the upcoming battles, the Evil Piece research is important (for some reason), and, most important of all, he needs to hang with the ladies.

On the other hand, I really want to start the Excalibur arc. The wait is painful at this point.
The Excalibur arc is going to happen regardless. This is voting what we do before the Excalibur arc comes about and how we want to prepare for it.

you know watching the new episode of dxd and alex's words of loki being badass upgraded, all of sudden has made me very wary of when we meet and face off against him

Hopefully we will have all the perception charms cause I do not want that slippery snake to get away or sneak something past us.

We might want to get a Perfect Dodge or Perfect Parry soon (my suggestion being the parry)

With the Parry, could we stunt using it to throw powerful attacks back at our enemies?

you know watching the new episode of dxd and alex's words of loki being badass upgraded, all of sudden has made me very wary of when we meet and face off against him

Hopefully we will have all the perception charms cause I do not want that slippery snake to get away or sneak something past us.
Perception charms are a Lunar thing. Aren't you confusing with Awareness charms? And even those would fail, we would need All-Encompassing Sorcerer Sight to make anything magical obvious.

The Excalibur arc is going to happen regardless. This is voting what we do before the Excalibur arc comes about and how we want to prepare for it.

I I know that, but it is the anticipation that is getting to me. We only have a vague idea of what to expect, but we know that it is going to be Issei's greatest challenge yet.

Not that we're doing much Twilight stuff. Maybe we should start focusing on trying to unlock Sorcery once Excalibur arc is dealt with?
Bright's been poking us along the trials at her own pace and I doubt that she's willing to be rushed. And without the Salinian Working to help us doing it without her isn't worth the difficulty.

we HAVE the Salinian Working helping us
The Salinian Working is part of the world, not any one person. Issei's exaltation causes him and anything he interacts with to act under Creation's mandate, including affecting those things with the Working, but they move back under Earth's mandate as soon as Issei isn't interacting with them anymore. Without the ability to alter the environment around him to create the necessary coincidences, the Salinian Working can't really do anything.

Besides, even if it was working it would just point us at Bright. All it does is provide a path that allows someone to learn sorcery. Issei already has one, its job is done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back