• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Amelia, Worm AU [Complete]

Wait...since Vicky now has an extra-sensory suite that can emulate Lisa's Super-bullshit Intuitive Cold Read...

...can she still get it on with Zach without any of the uber-squick Lisa suffers from?

If so, I sense great jealousy about to occur.

Also, if this keeps up, I think Taylor and Vicky need to have a heart-to-heart about how Taylor would really like her to stop mentioning the bank heist...and probably give her some actual first-person backstory rather than what she's seen on the news. Of course, given that Vicky is all out of fucks to give, she might not *care*...

Oh sweet jesus... They have to tell Carol. The melt down would be epic.
Except that it almost certainly didn't involve Carol's passenger. Firstly, when has Riley ever interacted with her? They've got no direct connections so their passengers never interact. Secondly, Those breakers transformations are easily explained by Riley's passenger mimicking the change from Riley to Clarice, no external input needed.

But you know who does have close mental connections to Riley? Who spends a large amount of time focusing on her and trying to guide her actions? Who happens to be the only thinker in the area that can do the cold reading bullshit the Vicky just demonstrated?

Carol isn't the shard-daddy, Lisa is. All that time mistrusting Riley and obsessing about her finally bit her on the ass.

That reddit post was actually where I first saw it as I spend a decent amount of time looking at the sub it was posted, my thoughts were more along the lines of how do you actually make something useful from them? Because short of the Sting they don't really have a way to cut or shape the really dense stuff and the less dense stuff shouldn't be anywhere near as massively impressive, just really good tinkertech. Wildbow gave a spiral galaxy for a comparison in the amount of mass you'd need to destroy to get to the core, so yeah I just don't see how you could actually make anything decent out of the good parts.

I suspect that Chevalier's power is the same one that manufactured the weirdly dense material that the Endbringers are constructed from.
My personal theory, since he has dimension folding features and the ability to detect powers and what they can do... and how Glaistig Uaine called him "The Destroyer" and was even a bit intimidated by him... his is the shard designed to cull other shards at the end of the cycle.

So I've never thought of it before today when I saw some other info but how does making something out of endbringer parts actually work?
I dunno. But it happened in canon, and as in canon, so in Amelia. When it comes to stuff like this.

I mean really Lisa, she just did your cold read the room out loud until you've discovered someone's deepest secrets thing on you and you didn't recognize it? Wow.
Riley's cold read, actually. Which more closely resembles Amelia's than it does Lisa's.

Carol isn't the shard-daddy, Lisa is.
Umm... you need to go back and read Worm. There's no such thing as a "shard daddy"- all shards bud asexually, having only one parent.

See that spot in the author notes that says "remember kids, Tattletale isn't always right"- it was addressed to you.

That reddit post was actually where I first saw it as I spend a decent amount of time looking at the sub it was posted, my thoughts were more along the lines of how do you actually make something useful from them? Because short of the Sting they don't really have a way to cut or shape the really dense stuff and the less dense stuff shouldn't be anywhere near as massively impressive, just really good tinkertech. Wildbow gave a spiral galaxy for a comparison in the amount of mass you'd need to destroy to get to the core, so yeah I just don't see how you could actually make anything decent out of the good parts.

The problem with that is that a continent cracker, like Phir Si's shouldn't have been able to punch through anywhere near a Spiral Galaxy's worth of matter. This is one of those cases where Wildbow's WoG contradicts his story and doesn't really make the most sense.

The problem with that is that a continent cracker, like Phir Si's shouldn't have been able to punch through anywhere near a Spiral Galaxy's worth of matter. This is one of those cases where Wildbow's WoG contradicts his story and doesn't really make the most sense.
Remember that the scaling is exponential, and that a skeleton was left. Also, that galaxy figure was including the core and skeleton.

Finally, people have run the numbers on Phir Se's doom-blast - if it worked precisely the way he said it does it would be somewhere between vaporizing a planet and big bang levels of energy density.

Carol isn't the shard-daddy, Lisa is.
Umm... you need to go back and read Worm. There's no such thing as a "shard daddy"- all shards bud asexually, having only one parent.

See that spot in the author notes that says "remember kids, Tattletale isn't always right"- it was addressed to you.
I see what you did there.

Yet, now I've got the most adorifying mental image.

Riley: "Lisa! Lisa! Amazing news!"
Lisa: Riley's excited. Excited about something involving me. Oh shit.
Riley: "I'm a mommy! And you're a daddy!"
*A moment of silence, for all the common decency in the world.*
Lisa: "...what."

Riley: "When two shards fight each other very much, they use a special kind of hug!"

Amelia: "I think you're getting your reproduction speeches mixed up."

Riley: "Let me check my notes... okay, when a Queen shard decides--"

Taylor: "No, wrong speech."

Riley: "Uh... when a mommy cuckoo wants someone to take care of her daughter Agents--"

Emma: "Stahp."

Its very new - here. Wildbow describes the core as "a lens into multiple realities" and says that throwing an Endbringer into the sun wouldn't kill the Endbringer but might kill the sun.
"Faster than Superman"?

(Note that Pluto is roughly four light-hours away from Earth)

I really, really doubt Wildbow meant to imply that Leviathan is capable of traveling backwards in time.

throwing an Endbringer into the sun wouldn't kill the Endbringer but might kill the sun.

Reminds me of this quote from HPMOR:

"Hm," Harry said. "Suppose you threw it into the Sun? Would it be destroyed?"

"Throw it into the Sun? " squeaked Professor Flitwick, looking like he wanted to faint.

"It seems unlikely, Mr. Potter," Professor Quirrell said dryly. "The Sun is very large, after all; I doubt the Dementor would have much effect on it. But it is not a test I would like to try, Mr. Potter, just in case.""

Note that as mentioned they do get stronger, in the same post they link to some calculations for info on their durability that lowballed them at being able to withstand 1062​ MPa without breaking, that's ludicrously high. That's comparable to the force of a mass roughly equal to the observable universe decelerating from the speed of light in a second compressed to a square millimeter if my rough calculations aren't wrong, of course that's assuming simplistic physics as it breaks down around these kind of levels so it's iffy but it's just an example. That's how strong their cores can get though, it's also massively disproportionate towards the center so that punching through everything to the skeleton for example should be much, much easier then punching through the skeleton, trillions of times easier even, the endbringers are either made of pure plotonium or I'm more sleep deprived then I though and this is massively wrong for numbers, either or.

And the family tree becomes even more twisted!

Riley is Amelia's sister, and Victoria is Amelia's sister, while also being Riley's daughter. Thus being Taylor's sister while also being Taylor's niece.

Reminds me of that old "I am my own grandpa" skit

Don't bother telling me when I figure it out, because I'm pretty sure my power works better than your power.
Jeez, Victoria, you jumped straight back into ludicrously arrogant mode, didn't you?
Basically, it was the theory of evolution before Darwin. The idea that an animal would do things. Like, say, a proto-giraffe reaching for leaves. And because of that, its offspring would inherit slightly longer necks for better reaching.
If she had just said Lamarckian evolution, someone might have gotten it.
"Wasn't my power from Oni Lee?" Zach interrupted. "I'm pretty sure I never spent any time making friends with asian psychopaths."

"What Passengers do when a host dies is different,"
Uh...hm. I really wouldn't have thought that the powers would have recycled that quickly, especially not in the same general area. I've been thinking something more convoluted is going on...
"So... I'm like if my mom had a baby with Bonesaw?" Vicky asked. "Know what? I lied. Now there is no way this day can get any weirder."

"This is awesome," Riley declared, smiling bright. She then glomped Victoria, hugging her hard as she could. "I always wanted to be a mommy!"
*shakes head*
Also- Tattletale isn't always right. Remember that, kids.
She's...got the general idea with pinging, though. Or at least, it's pretty damn close to what she's observing.

I also thought this was about how she doesn't know that shards each have multiple functions.
what, personally? you made a note specifically for Stroth before he even posted? wow......that is pretty amazing.
Kinda dickish, too. Really dickish.

TanaNari should probably get that confirmed or verified somehow...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back