1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

AMV Theater

Discussion in 'General' started by Guile, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

I haven't seen it but as far as I know it's really like that. It's about a school's new transfer student and how he's improbably perfect in every way, like a comically-exaggerated marty stu.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  2. Heaven Canceler

Heaven Canceler Behind You!

Oh my god, that is basically fanfic fuel.... is there anything of that around? Anyone else have a clue?

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  3. Gaemnomut

Gaemnomut Well worn.

Just found this thread and I think this fits here :)

4. Lazurman

Lazurman That Others May Fap

Guys. I has a sad now.

5. Guile

Guile Clothes That Kill Virgins

Let's see what AMVs have caught my interest since last go-round...

Shatter Me
    Steven Universe AMV. Well, AMV may be generous; it's more like a slide show. But the song is incredibly appropriate to Lapis Lazuli, and though some bits land poorly there were some spots that gave me chills.

Waiting for Love
    Steven Universe again. Catchy song, smooth editing, connects well with its chosen clips. Kind of skirts the edge of dark and hopeful, like the show in recent seasons, and it ends in a good place. In life, and in Steven Universe, the good outweighs the bad, that kind of feeling.

Go Gina
    Still haven't seen Death Parade, but this speaks well for it. In turns triumphant and maudlin, with style dripping from its everything.

Till I Collapse
    Boku no Hero AMV. I have some doubts about how well the music connects to the anime clips chosen, but it's exciting and pretty.

Evil Gipsy Woman
    Konosuba AMV. The way it dips in and out of an old timey film projector style doesn't do anything for me, but it's fun and the song is weird and offbeat, much like the anime itself. It's not really an introduction to the anime and it doesn't really tell a cohesive story, more like a celebration of the weirdness of Konosuba's second season.

6. Guile

Four months, huh? Well, there's probably a few batches of AMVs to deliver over the next little bit from my youtube list to yours.

Let It Burn
    My Hero Academia AMV. Blue Flash has been recced here before for his Naruto and One Punch Man stuff. He's lately been getting into My Hero Academia. Set to stuff like Eminem's Til I Collapse, I feel like they don't capture the heroism and whimsy of HeroAca very well, but they are good at what they are: badass action sequences.

Run Mob Run
    Mob Psycho AMV. Mob Psycho AMVs all kinda feel samey to me since they only have 12 episodes to work with, but the song is hella catchy and the lyrics kind of come around and connects right at the end if you're familiar with the last arc of Mob Psycho 100. Reigan's reappearance is greeted by a triumphant chorus like angels singing, and that feels really appropriate.

D'awww Wagon
    Kobayashi's Maid Dragon AMV. A Queen love song for an office lady, a dragon and their adorable living situation.

Evil Eye
    Kekkai Sensen AMV. If you're not going to throw up Kekkai Sensen to a jazz song, then this poppy, rock, funk-punk thing is the next best thing. Excellent action, excellent synching of the song's beat, and of course, Kekkai Sensen has this thing about eyeballs...

Larger Than Life
    Kung Fu Panda AMV. It's because he's fat, you see.
    Okay, it's because it's a gloriously upbeat anthem to Po and his pals. Lines like 'Living out the dreams of every boy and every girl' and 'Don't you know, it's good to be ali~ve?' is so appropriate to a big dumb fanboy like Po getting to hang with the Furious Five.

7. Guile

AMV Theatre, Cartoon Edition:

Blue
    Steven Universe AMV
    I've linked several of dotdot3polkadots here and there already, and there's reason for that.
    Poor Steven goes through a lot of shit over the course of Steven Universe, and this AMV is maudlin like that. But it's also shot through with a certain quiet joy that's pretty infectious, much like the show itself.

Hope of Morty
    Rick and Morty AMV
    Rick is like 90% drunken asshole scientist, 10% caring grandpa. This AMV is around an unrealistic 50/50 on those two fronts, but it's a nice song with a lot of thematic resonance and the cuts between shots are really smooth and on point.

Tonight We Are Victorious
    Gravity Falls AMV
    After finishing Gravity Falls I went through and found a LOT of AMVs of it, and many of these I'm gonna link here.
    This one focuses on the show's finale, Weirdmageddon,and the song's chorus of 'Turn up the crazy' is perfect for that little two-episode arc.

How Far We've Come
    Gravity Falls AMV
    Gravity Falls is a kids' show dealing with midwestern Americana, monsters and magic, and at one point a temporary apocalypse, but mostly it's about one summer and family. This AMV tackles a little of all of those subjects.

Shake It Off
    Gravity Falls AMV
    This AMV is the story of Mabel Pines in all her preteen girl comic relief self. I kinda think living with Mabel would be a nightmare, but I love her on TV.

Germtheory3Z and Ddmkm122 like this.
  8. Guile

More stuff and things.

Sight of Your Soul
    My Hero Academia AMV. I can be down for a good pairing AMV sometimes, and Deku and Ochako are adorable together. The song dips into melancholy now and then, but only for a second before getting back to bright and pep. Which is those two in a nutshell I guess.

Don't Let 'em Run Ya
    My Hero Academia again. Exciting and linked to the song beats perfectly, so even if it's a bit of a generic 'get pumped' AMV I like it.

Two Little Horns
    Another AMV4Fun amv, this time for Darling in the Franxx. The song for this one is... just perfect for Zero Two, and it syncs up well with the cuts chosen. Not just the physical horns of course, but practically every line applies to some aspect of her character. Good stuff.

I'm the Biggest Dog in the Yard
    Magi AMV. I like the song, and I love the aesthetic of the anime, so even if they only link up with each other once in a while I don't really mind.

Halharl Aihtikak
    Another action-y Magi AMV. Probably objectively better than the above one; the way the song and the AMV cuts sync up is much more skillful. I love the bit with the sand golems roaring 'YEEEAAAHHH' towards the end there. Make sure to stay until the end to see the very important Alibaba/Rocky training montage.

Germtheory3Z, Ddmkm122 and Smuthunter like this.
  9. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Make It Up - Super-fun Konosuba AMV that perfectly captures the tone of the anime. Also the song is super-catchy and will get stuck in your head.

o/ I've got a little confession
    I don't know what I'm doin'
    But if you want you can play along! o/

Pride + Predjudice + Butlers - A Black Butler trailer set to the Pride Prejudice and Zombies trailer audio.

Feudal Fairytale - An Inuyasha AMV set to Wildfire by Marianas Trench. Makes me really nostalgic for one of the staples of my childhood.

Last edited: May 12, 2018
    Ddmkm122 and Guile like this.
  10. Guile

Love that Konosuba AMV! The Feudal Fairytale one too, just because I also remember Inuyasha on Cartoon Network as a kid.

Inuyasha: where the Isekai genre peaked, before Isekai even existed. (Admittedly, then went on for about 100 episodes too long, but nobody's perfect.)

Germtheory3Z, Ddmkm122 and Smuthunter like this.
  11. Guile

Beast Heart
    AMV of Bakemono no Ko, the coolest fucking anime movie I've still never seen. I don't exactly love the shifts to black and white, but the music is pumped and I could watch a dozen hours of this kid and his beastman dad sword training.

Vertical Limit
    AMV of Redline, the coolest fucking anime movie I've actually seen. Instrumental dubstep AMVs aren't everybody's cup of tea, but the anime movie is rad as hell and the AMV does some excellent scene cuts and does a good job telling a (truncated) three act movie of grow->crash->comeback and win.

Fairy Tale
    Ancient Magus Bride AMV. Not exactly mellow, but does a good job of showing the... magic, of the setting? Which is really like nothing else. Nobody in anime is doing this kind of old school celtic/english magic except for Magus Bride, and it's the best thing about the anime.

La Vida Madoka
    PMMM movie AMV. I thought this would be funny going into it, but it's really not. It's not.

Losing Control
    PMMM AMV. You know how PMMM AMVs go by now, I'm sure. Gorgeous, catchy music, also full of interpretive art that would probably have terrified pre-teen Guile into sleepless nights.

12. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Try these two:

Strangers Like Me - Yes, it's the Tarzan song. And it fits pretty damn well, although the shift at the end to the action scenes at the climax throw it off a little.

Unsheathed - This was the AMV that convinced me to watch The Boy and the Beast in the first place, which is about the highest recommendation I can give it.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  13. Guile

Have I never shared the Shut Me Up Nisekoi AMV in this thread? What an oversight.
    Great AMV, perfectly set to the music, full of all the ridiculousness of the anime.

Friends
    Free! AMV. Was there this many homosexual undertones in the show? It's pretty and well cut, anyway (the AMV, not just the plentiful abs).

Rebel and Mutineer
    Star Wars AMV-ish thing. Kind of a Luke and Finn tribute. Love the song, like the cuts they chose. Good stuff.

Vivant
    Wakfu AMV. Love the way the song syncs up with the AMV, and Wakfu is gorgeous at any time.
    And was that Ruel in a mecha pilot pose? I REALLY need to get around to watching the 2nd and 3rd season of that show.

Otayuri - Bad
    Yuri on Ice AMV. Just a good friend tugging off his pal's leather glove with his teeth as he dances suggestively with his muscle shirt riding up over a tight, exposed tummy. You know, like you do.

14. Vague Wanderer

Vague Wanderer Well worn.

Avengers: Infinity War, the Anime Opening:

Ddmkm122, Valor, GeshronTyler and 3 others like this.
  15. Guile

It's been like 4 months, so I actually have quite a backlog of these.

Dream the Impossible
    Gurren Lagann AMV. The word to describe this one is 'charming', I think. A little hopeful, a little depressing, ends on a good note. I also really like the way when the more baritone singer takes over, the AMV switches to scenes of older Simon from the second half of the series. Very cool.

Bend Hard Play Hard
    Avatar AMV, and the best one I've ever seen I think. Snappy, keeps moving, good syncing, just a catchy little thing; I've listened to it at least a dozen times in the last couple of months. I think my favorite bit is the quick cuts of Aang meeting the giant sea monster set to the beat of the song. Just great.

Ain't Nothing To It
    Haikyuu AMV. Another fast, snappy one. Quick cuts, bouncing between games, introductions, character pieces, all kinds of stuff.

Moonlight Requiem
    Sailor Moon Crystal AMV. You don't get a lot of triumphant orchestral Sailor Moon AMVs, but this one slams into fourth gear before dialing it back into more of a soprano operatic thing that fits well with Sailor Moon's 'shoujo badass' motif.

When It's Over
    ERASED AMV. I like the song a lot, and it fits ERASED almost eerily well in parts.

Ddmkm122, Imabot, pepperjack and 3 others like this.
  16. BrokenRobot

BrokenRobot Comes and goes

A few of my favourites that I didn't see when I skimmed the thread.

Name: Speedwagon Slamjam
    Series: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (Mostly Stardust Crusaders.)
    Music: 'Good L_ck (Yo_'re F_cked)', Celldweller

Name: Lone Digger 100
    Series: Mob Psycho 100
    Music: 'Lone Digger', Caravan Palace

Name: Danger Days
    Series: Panty & Stocking w. Garterbelt
    Music: 'Na Na Na (Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na)', My Chemical Romance

Ddmkm122, Imabot and Guile like this.
  17. Guile

Quality stuff, especially that Jojo one.

Let's see what I've got in the ol' AMV list these days...

Have I really not shared Hell of a Feeling here yet?
    Bakemonogatari AMV, of that long waking fever dream that was the time Araragi was a vampire. Fucking nuts, but then, that's Kizumonogatari for you.

Technicolor Dreamer
    Little Witch Academia AMV
    Upbeat little ditty that feels like it came right from Broadway. It fits Akou really well.

Bonny World
    Various AMV
    A love letter to beautiful backdrops and slice of life anime. Very chill, very ... 'wow'?

Lions Vigor
    Seven Deadly Sins AMV
    Seven Deadly Sins isn't only ridiculous magic knight battles. Although there are also the ridiculous magic knight battles. I should really get around to watching the latest season.

Ddmkm122 and Imabot like this.
  18. pepperjack

pepperjack A Variety of Cheese

I finally started catching up on RWBY (haven't started Volume 6 yet), which means catching up on RWBY reactions, and one of my favorite reactors (also an animation student) put up this AMV last February:

BLVR

It's mostly Volume 4 stuff, with other footage thrown in. I do like a video that pays attention to the beats.

Ddmkm122 and Prince Charon like this.
  19. Slayer Anderson

Slayer Anderson Orthodox Heretic

I don't know if this has been linked, but it's a classic, so here goes...

...and the distant sequel more recently made.

Ddmkm122 and Imabot like this.
  20. Guile

I really like the camera... what would you even call that? It's like a smash cut with every beat, but not? Like a smash cut to another camera angle in the same scene. Super cool.

Not to mention it's all of fights I haven't seen since I'm way behind, and if anything's likely to get me back into RWBY...

Anyway. A few more to add to the pile:

Last Charge of Iskandar
    Fate/Zero AMV
    Of the class of AMVs that look to build hype. Not sure if my favorite bit is Waver's fearful look starting to transform into a grin as the Gordian Wheel mows down sewer monsters, or that bit at the end showing an aged-up Waver in Iskandar's legions. it hypes you up not just about the battles won and lost, but the friendship, which is cool.

Lions Inside
    Marvel AMV
    I'm not really up on recent Marvel universe developments, but this certainly makes me want to be. One neat thing it does is smash cuts between similar events; Spiderman hitting the ground smash cuts to Cap rolling to his feet smash cuts to Bucky running with his arm drawn back smash cuts to Thor clenching his fist as lightning plays over it smash cuts to the camera pulling back as Thor, trailing lightning, jumping to a head-on collision with Hulk. Like that. Lots of work went into this.

Dark Machiavelli
    Code Geass AMV
    Uses silence or a single, quiet background beat like a beating heart to build tension in an interesting way. Pretty grim, I guess, and just as melodramatic as Lelouch in its way. 'I am dark matter/Your road to ruin', indeed.

Herc is a Hero
    Fate AMV
    Might as well end on a happy note. The opening second of the video has Ilya grinning like a loon as she rides Berserker into battle, and that sets the tone of the AMV as it just has some fun with a loli ordering a giant dark monster to beat up a bunch of people. Which, I mean... who wouldn't?

21. pepperjack

pepperjack A Variety of Cheese

Do it. I'm caught up with the publicaly-available episodes now, and I'm really enjoying Volume 6. It feels like the same kind of uptick in quality from volumes 4 and 5 as Volume 3 was from volumes 1 and 2.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  22. Heaven Canceler

Heaven Canceler Behind You!

Not sure if it counts as an AMV since it is pretty much original aside from the music and characters/setting used. But here goes:

Ddmkm122 and Guile like this.
  23. Guile

I'll allow it. [/nodnod]

That's some great original animation, really colorful.

Next to You
    Flip Flappers AMV. Whatever else you can say about Flip Flappers, it's a wild ride worthy of ex-Kinema Citrus animators. I love the color in this AMV.

Midas
    Hiseki no Kuni AMV. The 3d and use of color is amazing and the action is exciting and weird, but that's just Land of the Lustrous for you. I like the bit at the beginning where the later Phos, weary and changed, walks past the excitable puppy of Young Phos, walking in a different direction entirely. That's some compact storytelling right there. The line in the song, 'This is a gift; it comes with a price' is so on the nose for this series it's amazing.

Cucumber on Fire
    Lupin III AMV. Mostly Blue Shirt Lupin from the last two seasons. Almost more of a trailer for Lupin than an AMV, with an oddball aspect ratio, innovative cuts, and a song that could only be more appropriate for Lupin if it was actually by Monkey Majik.

The Ouran Side
    Ouran Host Club AMV. I'm always down for more Ouran Host Club, and this time it's set to a song from The Greatest Showman? Yes, please. It starts out, punchy and fun, as an anthem for Tamaki drawing the band together, with good bits for Honey, the twins and Haruhi. But the back half of the AMV gets a little more dramatic and focuses on Kyouya. The highest praise I can give to an AMV is that it makes me want to watch the anime it's about, and this is that for me.

Ddmkm122 and pepperjack like this.
  24. garrysem

garrysem Gone for Good

looks cool. i like amv videos

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  25. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

26. rkyeun

rkyeun Cabbitus Maximus

I guess I can throw my hat in. Lemme dig through my stuff. Oh, I only get five per post? Okay, then looks like I'm doubleposting. May the mods on their dark chariots forgive me. Also, I hope hiding them behind spoilers saves the lower-end computer users from suffering, instead of just making it worse. So I gave links and spoilered the embeds. If that doesn't work, lemme know and I'll strip the embeds.

Petal - Anime MV ♫ AMV
    Time, beauty, urgency, and loss.

Koe no Katachi AMV|Paralyzed
    Love, anxiety, and depression.

Amv - Colouring
    Somber, then happy, upbeat.

Go Get Kazuma (Kazuma Rap) - David P.F. feat. Jace Willcutt
    Playful, sexy, bragging.

「LimS™」▸ She Doesn't Mind MEP
    Fanservice and romance.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
  27. rkyeun

rkyeun Cabbitus Maximus

Fullmetal Alchemist - Traumerei
    Nostalgia, hardship, power.

Hyouka - Sincerity
    Peace, anxiety, patience.

The Shatters of Reflection
    Abuse, escape, hope.

AMV - Our Tapes - Bestamvsofalltime Anime MV ♫
    Doubt, despair, salvation.

Big Contest 2010 - VIDOK - Gimme More amv
    Action, fanservice, and explosions.

Ddmkm122, warlock7 and Imabot like this.
  28. Guile

The links work okay, but the embeds aren't showing up for me.

That 'Go Get Kazuma' one is kind of awesome. Original song, AMV with a lot of editing? Not professionally done or anything, but those guys put in the work.

29. Vague Wanderer

Vague Wanderer Well worn.

Maybe its just the nostalgia talking, but seeing this again put a smile on my face:

There's a playlist with all the old Toonami promos here if you want it.

Keldin, Ddmkm122, doomlord9 and 2 others like this.
  30. Guile

Lil guile loved those Outlaw Star promos too.