• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Battletech: The Ghost Who Walks (Battletech Isekai)

i wonder when Gene is likely to get a massive contract to be a opfor for a academy or something

It might leak out to the Capcom once they are told and thus they may attempt to launch an attack to retake the planet and to also get the shinies.

It would likely backfire.
Indirect you to the whoops alternate timeline because that was the capcon motivation there EDIT: Sorry no that was trying to see ifthey could snatch dieron in that timeline not northwind what i get for reading the post on my phone while at DND

Last edited:
In contrast to the other BT fic protags Gene is almost constantly moving from Brushfire to brushfire, Heron largely remains in the Aurigan reach, Odin stays predominantly in the Commonwealth... which will be a point later, and Henry is nearly exclusively in the Federated Suns, but Gene is in and out of the inner sphere a lot over the time frame.

Nods. Just ignore the hordes of young single noblewomen who really want you and that said contract will deliver you into the metaphorical lionesses den

so here's the question. How will the Inner Sphere and for that matter the Clans take the proof that back in the day the drac cooperated with Amaris.
If nothing else I predict basically no SLDF descended merc units will want to work for the combine which will hurt.
Also Gene should probably be helping the ELH readd their 4th regiment if he can at all help it via either salvage or a cache. Lord knows he lacks the lift or manpower to take advantage of all the salvage from Dieron if nothing else.

When this does finally break to the Inner Sphere at large, among other things is that the ELH publicly calls for SLDF descended unit to oppose the combine, or at least not work for them, and the reason I'm putting these two together is, the New Avalon gig coincides with the You want to borrow what now? and obviously follows the conclusion of Son of Sam.

At present, the Highlanders should have probably only learned of Elidere IV (particularly 1/19Gal's destruction by combined arms) relatively recently Dieron, and the units involved shouldn't be militarily common gossip until the summer months

but if the question is are the Northwind mercenary units being told, they will be its just they're spread out, i think the nearest of the NH regiments are the Fusiliers assuming they're somewhere in the vicinity of Elgin.
It might leak out to the Capcom once they are told and thus they may attempt to launch an attack to retake the planet and to also get the shinies.

It would likely backfire.
To reiterate this, this would go poorly, but also it bears reiterating that Gene subsequent to killing Samsonov, overrode the Galedon Regulars comms and proceeded to deafen them with Farewell to Gibraltar, which is a bagpipe march, at this point in 3019 (and for the FedSuns at large, that is less in the news compared to, Bard's commentary of Black Fox, but for the Highlanders well its noteworthy) thats the latest detail that has probably reached the units in Capellan service. Dieron and the Northwind caches are still unknown.

However the clans on Northwind, so 'home clans' elders have been told more than House Davion, a great deal and include the ghosts of black watch that is to say if the Highlanders Mercenaries attempted to jump the border and attack especially right now, it would go probably poorly. Now the NH Regiments have more experience, and in force against see the example of why the Dragoons dropping on Sakhara in 3017 would be bad in Rabid Fox

But what would probably happen is if NH dropped on Northwind they would get held in place, and the ELH would be called in from Dieron and it would be messy, but from a strictly internal scotts perspective, the NH regiments in capellan service would be committing if unknowingly a pretty serious set of faux pas in the eyes of the home clans

-there is the possibility of a Cameron heir
-there is a living Hegemony officer, even if he's not black watch active (and giving us shiny stuff)
-OH AND THE COMBINE A BUNCH OF FUCKING SASSENACH TRAITORS!!
etc etc

Last edited:
But what would probably happen is if NH dropped on Northwind they would get held in place, and the ELH would be called in from Dieron and it would be messy, but from a strictly internal scotts perspective, the NH regiments in capellan service would be committing if unknowingly a pretty serious set of faux pas in the eyes of the home clans

This is the era in which the Big Mac has been getting a lot of the CapCon's resources and attention while the Highlanders have been taken for granted.

They may end up returning home sooner than they did OTL. I am pretty sure the servitor/citizen divide of the Confederation is much worse than it was when Northwind was a Confederation world for less than 2 generations.

This is the era in which the Big Mac has been getting a lot of the CapCon's resources and attention while the Highlanders have been taken for granted.

They may end up returning home sooner than they did OTL. I am pretty sure the servitor/citizen divide of the Confederation is much worse than it was when Northwind was a Confederation world for less than 2 generations.
Right and the servitor thing is more of an upfront issue in really in Rabid Fox than it is here, since that story and to a less extent Aurigan Renaissance deal more with the Capellan's issues, but that is point of considering.

In any event in the next update we will be looking at the combine response, getting some background events that are canonical nominally to all the stories in the star league era /early SW1 past for them. So Takashi is up soon well sunday

I am thinking that I am going to divide the combine post into two separate posts, with one going up tomorrow, and then trying to finish part 2 and putting it up Sunday as a stand alone. (Friday, Essence of VIltrumite, Saturday Alternate HIstory, then monday Pathfinder, tuesday Rabid fox)

I take it this is the combine POV of them basically freaking out over the fall of dieron with most of its industry and military bases and government facilities intact including the district ISF HQ?

I take it this is the combine POV of them basically freaking out over the fall of dieron with most of its industry and military bases and government facilities intact including the district ISF HQ?
I mean I pointedly pulled the Takashi angrily rants like its HItler in downfall, but yeah its Dieron fell, and also by the way they went through the ISF library boss.

The Combine response should be Takashi talking sane responses, if brutal.

The real fear would be the Black Dragon using this as a way to paint the Coordinator as being too liberal.

Takashi did dodge over 8 serious assassination attempts.

The Combine response should be Takashi talking sane responses, if brutal.

The real fear would be the Black Dragon using this as a way to paint the Coordinator as being too liberal.

Takashi did dodge over 8 serious assassination attempts.
I'm pretty sure Takashi by this point has dodged more than that, like the first eight were all super early in his reign

Post Dieron
Post Dieron
The court had been standing on the tatami floor for hours on end. There had to be a response.... but the truth was there were so many things which needed to be addressed over the past year.

It had been a calamitous year. There were always some worlds which had the misfortune of droughts or floods which damaged the harvest, that was not what a calamitous event was. It was beneath the coordinator's contempt to sully his attention with the issues of mere money, and the arrears of un diligent worlds... but failures on the battlefield were more worthy of the Coordinator's attention, and the so the court stood at attention.

There had been some bluster from the warlord of Galedon, who had since been invited to use the garden, since after while it was true his subordinate general Samsonov had failed he had at least had the honor to die as a samurai on the field. He had paid for his mistakes with his life.

Takashi's childhood friend and head of the ISF had apologized for the mistakes his officers, but even that the coordinator had dismissed Elidere as a twist of bad luck, at least so far as not being aware of the forces present. There were fewer excuses for the ISF officer's shameful display ... that was to say failing ... at the ComStar compound on Elidere, failing so badly as to prevent word from getting out sooner, and loosing a valuable piece of LosTech in the process that was probably the more damning issue of the man's death

... but officially ComStar's priests could prove nothing. Given the tensions of Rasalhague Military District, the unrest would have been misfortune enough. Fortune had insured that the Coordinator's heir had been off world with the 2nd​ Battalion of his Regiment when the Federated Suns had struck Dieron. Florimel Kurita had deemed it a small gift from heaven going further than most of the Coordinator's court would have dared... Dieron had fallen with appalling rapidity.... and worse with shockingly little Davion blood. That Altair had also been lost was a compounding one to their dishonor at the hands of Davions... but the Blue Star Irregulars had fought with a surprising degree of tenacity on Altair savaging thoroughly the 18th​ Dieron regulars.

Still at least some of the 18th​ had managed to survive, it was shameful to withdraw but the DCMS could hardly have afforded to lose another unit of size. The 18th​ would be stood down in name to erase the shame and redeployed in packets to shore up other critical junctures... but Altair was a compounding factor to the eruption of chaos on Dieron.

That Dieron was normally a three month journey to Luthien was in part why the court had taken so long to assemble and present their findings, and conclusions to the Coordinator... but it was more complicated than that. It was likely that the Davion menace viewed ComStar's media crusade against the dragon only in view of the events of Elidere's HPG station, but it could not be overlooked by the ISF that it was equally possible that the most brazen blackmail attempt to extract concessions from the Coordinator .... and the failure after they had seized the incriminating materials, even if they had then lost the recording, had to be taken into consideration.

Though he ordinarily smiled, the bespectacled man merely, grimly observed that this information wouldn't have reached them so quickly if Dieron had not fallen so swiftly. The Combine could not abide, the Dragon could not tolerate ComStar's impertinence, and had long pursued avenues means to subvert and subordinate the clergy into the proper order of the galaxy. Until then, the Combine was surrounded by foes.

"Is it true?"

"Hai, tono." The bespectacled man answered bowing, "I was skeptical at first but the information can be verified through other channels. It seems that your honored predcessor was the victim of treachery but the plot itself was master minded by other foreigners." The question that hung unasked what the Davions would do with such information, it seemed unlikely that the merchants even if they were told could really act... the Lyrans already had long standing grudges against House Marik... this was merely another in a long list of grievances in their vendetta.

The reveal of the reimei aerospace ring was unfortunate... and there was no telling what other things might have as "We must avenge ourselves against such deceit, Subhash," Takashi hissed still bordering on on an uncontrollable apoplectic fury, the ISF chief continued to bow his head. "House Davion's trespasses cannot be allowed to stand but I will not forgive those wretched birds this transgression, they must be punished."

"It is as you say, my lord." Subhash slowly stood back to his standing posture, "The broader matters first perhaps," Takashi allowed it, letting the conversation turn away from it.

What the Combine had never advertised, what itself had nearly forgotten, even in this very room, was the fact that once upon a time the language of the court had other fluent speakers. The modern combine the House, looked on the Necess Kurita affair as a great dishonor. Florimel knew it could have been worse, she smoothed her skirts idly, grateful that the demon that spoke their language had the golden eyes he did and not ones of particle projector blue.

What was called the First Edition of the Dictum Honorium was a run of books of preciously limited number. Each had been penned by hand by Kurita Omi in the time before the BattleMech had emerged on the galactic stage... and indeed she had provided some of the first copies to those outside the realm... and it had been in the generation following her death in Rasalhague ... amongst other troubles in Rasalhague that it had been revised.

The Terran Hegemony of the 24th​ Century had held the largest number of copies outside of the worlds under the rule of House Kurita... and as perhaps only Florimel knew it had been the Hegemony's elite who had commanded a fluency in the language of the court. As Ronin had faced Gunslingers, it had been the latter who had spoken the language of the coordinator's court. A challenge issued to the 2nd​ Battalion 19th​ Galedon Regulars... after an unknown Mercenary Outfit had shattered the swords of 1st​ and 3rd​ of the same regiment She was less concerned with the deaths of Samsonov or his immediate command as individual facts... it was all of the details forming together that carried the danger.

There were diaries of a woman of House Kurita that talked about travelling to the Periphery, deep into the rimward expanse, for the tombs which held sleeping a monster not unlike what they had seen on Elidere and Dieron. Had the Azami delved deep into the rimward periphery and successfully opened the resting place of some long sleeping Terran?

Because that was her suspicious, the time was so close to the Azami fleeing into the periphery... and coupled with the fluency, the combat ability, and book. There had only ever been so many copies of the first edition, and precious few had survived the tumultuous infighting within House Kurita itself that chronicled so many revisions of the text, the first revision taking place in 2397 sixty odd years after the original release.

It had not helped that one of the surviving copies of the original had been present at the time when the sister of Minoru Kurita had committed seppuku in protest to the coordinator's actions; in beginning the succession wars. For Florimel it would remind others of the past... but it did not change Takashi's demand for a copy of the book for him to study, ostensibly for whatever insights in martial vigor it provided a mechwarrior that may have been lost in later revisions.

Florimel expected that... the family discussion would ultimately touch on the suicide of Urizen Kurita's favorite grandchild, and the opening of the endless waltz that was the succession wars. Such a conversation would not be for those outside of the closest confidence, and perhaps not to involve even the ISF ... after all while Takashi was willing to excuse his friend, they had failed to protect their own archives or deny them to the enemy, even if they had apparently died to a man against a highland assault that had caught them by surprise.

Subhash and Takashi put forward the beginning of steps. The ISF would need to strike against the Rasalhague rebels... the Arkab legions needed to be moved to where they couldn't act either, but the three regiments of the legion could not be carelessly disposed of. Florimel consoled herself that Subhash had some experience dealing with the western rebels, within the Rasalhague district... but the ISF had been fighting a proxy war with the rebels already how much more could be done was in question.

There would have to be reshufflings of Dieron, and Galedon as well... but could they really afford to attack? She supposed it didn't matter if they could or not, they had no choice but to fight, and show steel.
--
Notes: anyway when Aurigan updates next we will have more look at Kamea and Victoria given how central they are in an obviously very aurigan centric story as that, but updating Eminence in Shadow takes precedence over that and for that matter EWSG even though there is a good chance that the MAC is due to show up there.

I also clearly need to go back and do some editing but that will need to wait. I need to get back to a standardized schedule of updates, I had wanted to have book one of my litrpg thing finished by this point, but haha that didn't happen.

Anyway, as for this, Gene only really knows that Altair fell, he hasn't otherwise been told what went on there so in terms of calculating combine losses he's looking at just 19th​ Galedon, the Sun Zhang Cadre, and the damage inflicted on Sword of Light. That is not counting anything anyone else has done to make the Combine have a bad day, whether that is other Davion efforts or rebellions in Rasalhague or the split in the Azami or such. In any event we will pick up with the Combine's

Losing the 18th Dieron hurts badly since they're either a elite regiment or a veteran one right on the edge of being elite. In 3025 they're elite but not sure about that in this period.
So basically the combine is down 4 high end battalions of mech warriors between them and the 5th SOL plus all the other losses.

Losing the 18th Dieron hurts badly since they're either a elite regiment or a veteran one right on the edge of being elite. In 3025 they're elite but not sure about that in this period.
So basically the combine is down 4 high end battalions of mech warriors between them and the 5th SOL plus all the other losses.
I had them marked as Veteran, but I don't know if thats canon we know they had seen some action on the Lyran front before rotating home, and like here... well Kerston told the Blue Stars maybe more than he should have before they left for Northwind with the Hussars for the Altair offensive, and then well yeah.

Actually just realized something Sword of light Regiments are usually of reinforced strength so it's actually 5 high end battalions gone plus the 3 battalions of the Sung Zang Carde along with both planetary miltias and any assorted units that a District Capital like Dieron probably would have on it along with any stockpiles of hardware on world.
Probably around 10 or 11 active battalions of mechs gone plus the stockpiles which in addition to military hardware probably includes a lot of assorted ammo, parts, and every other thing you'd need to run a major campaign.

Factor in all the support facilities and military bases being captured or destroyed and it's a huge blow to drac power projection near terra.

Last edited:
There were diaries of a woman of House Kurita that talked about travelling to the Periphery, deep into the rimward expanse, for the tombs which held sleeping a monster not unlike what they had seen on Elidere and Dieron. Had the Azami delved deep into the rimward periphery and successfully opened the resting place of some long sleeping Terran?
Well they would learn to fear him even more later, the Demon King of the Sixth Heaven.

Post Dieron
Post Dieron
Subhash knew there would be push back, it was inevitable. Takashi correctly understood what needed to be done in Rasalhague, and they needed to redirect the Arkab legion at a sufficiently acceptable target... that didn't leave them a great many options... and if the legions had been truly 'normal' members of the DCMS Subhash expected he would get push back from trying to give them orders....

... that was 'fair', he supposed it had been the ISF who had acted hastily in deploying the legion to recover the incriminating video, and then attempted to insure that word could not escape. Haste, made waste. Still there was an opportunity here.

The coordinator's orders were to retaliate. He would obey.... but he also had a responsibility to provide him with the best advice possible.

Subhash removed his glasses and rubbed his eyes. Retaliating against the Federates Suns would mean striking Robinson. He paused, thinking the idea over... possibly Sakhara as well, to repay them for the destruction of the Sun Zhang cadre; their losses. That was something that they could do, Sakhara would likely be easier to strike, but he supposed an attack against Northwind was possible... but again that would mean contending with an independently minded DCMS who would potentially brook any statement he made. They wouldn't be able to attack until the Coordinator named a new Warlord of Galedon, and there were precious few candidates suited to the position.

It was almost worth suggesting naming Theodore, Takashi's son... but no, as heir Theodore needed polishing but he also needed to be protected. They had been lucky Theodore had been off world... Subhash had been reviewing the rom data that was available... the ISF forces stationed at San Martin had chosen to fight to the death, going to answer the attack behind their lines without first activating their scuttling charges ... they would need to make sure to replace all the cipher codes.

There would be complaints but Subash was not a fool, if the Coordinator's enemies had taken the archive they may well have taken the code books for their communications it was better to change everything than be caught by surprise... especially given recent losses. Even if they hadn't, he didn't believe for a moment that their codes were 'unbreakable' and given their misfortune of late it was better to take additional precautions. They had simply lost too many good warriors of late... they needed breathing space, but they also needed to insure the stability of the realm.

Part of the problem would still be the nature of the DCMS and its willful insistence emphasis on fighting as individual company elements preferring striking as small elite formations made sense in low intensity warfare and especially in attacking and raiding... but it suffered clear disadvantages when an enemy was prepared to fight as a larger more cohesive force.

They enjoyed a tactical advantage when they could chose to attack but that advantage was best maximized when they were wise enough to also know the enemy as well. A man needed to know both, know himself and know his enemy.

The Combine could not afford to fight external enemies while there were internal ones... but he knew the Rasalhague's commitment to rebellion. They would rebel and the Combine couldn't afford that, he had to stop it for Takashi's sake. He needed to lance the boil, and staunch the bleeding before the infection sapped their strength elsewhere.

--
Florimel Kurita pulled the profile up. It hadn't been difficult to acquire data regarding the wolf dragoons elite... not when they had been in the Inner Sphere for more than decade... actual blood samples had taken more effort but that just required being persuasive.

The Orion she had given Teddy upon his graduation had been Aleksandr Kerensky's. The data core had included Kerensky's data profile, and that had included medical information... and while there was a gap in time, blood did not lie.

Natasha Kerensky was a child of House Kerensky as her name implied.

Florimel was privy to the recording... not that it mattered. She had her distant aunt records, Minoru Kurita had made it very clear her considerations that any discussions with House Amaris were stains on the honor of the combine. That not slaughtering the Usurper's forces set a dangerous precedent for their house in addition to being a black mark upon their honor... to the point she had eventually questioned Minoru's own masculinity in failing to take action against Amaris. Not publicly of course, that just wasn't done... but Minoru had protested to the very end he had a filial duty to attempt to safeguard the lives of their cousins on Earth.

The damning nature of the recording was that it was more than words upon paper, it was more than ink penned in the courtly characters... but even that would have been embarrassing. The recording was simple and for all the universe to see if it managed to get out... and at this point she had a growing gnawing situation that the ISF's haste had allowed it to reach those who would insure it was spread far and wide.

As keeper of the family honor she did what the women in her position were expected to, she needed to prepare for the very worst of it. That meant they needed to discredit their enemies. Weaken them, and keep them divided. They would need to discredit ComStar, not just in the eyes of Combine citizens, but in the eyes of everyone in the Inner Sphere... this was no longer a matter of house prerogatives, as the Necess Kurita affair had been it was about redirecting the enemy's strengths away from the Combine and towards other paths.

--
Kurita Takashi, Coordinator of the Draconis Combine had experienced challenges to his rule since the beginning. There had been many who had tried to raise their hand against him, just as there had been resistance to his father's rule.

It had been an otomo sergeant who had finally ended Hohiro's life... and Takashi had shot him in the face upon arriving at the palace bringing an end to the whole sordid affair without any further unnecessary drama... in that way he thought he best honored his father's views... Hohiro was on his way to the afterlife by that point, shouldn't they move on?

His ruminations turned to the incomplete reports from the DCMS. The limits imposed by the vast gulf between stars meant he could not be sure how bloodied his army truly was. He knew that this was as concrete of a collection of numbers as he could hope to have.

What was more complete were the reviews of his predecessors records. That the Snowfire embarrassment was more than had been thought pushed him to review everything that they thought they knew about the third succession war. It was much harder to rage at ink upon parchment. He had had the embarrseement of that shameful event thrust into his face, he could not simply ignore it though... and nore would he be able to readily move to address it because House Marik had played them for fools.

The other great houses would laugh at the Combine's shame, twice over. Three times even since the combine had lost Dieron and it had been in failing to protect their own intelligence archives that House Davion was able to establish that embarrassment concretely, denying it would be possible, but lying about being duped would likely only be revealed later, and they would like more foolish.

No that couldn't be, they had to strike and avenge the insult. That that was precisely what the Combine had been doing since the era of the star league even, or before, acting against perceived slights real ones and imagined ones had become so engrained there was little question it was the correct policy.

--
Notes: these are short, but again this focuses on Florimel, Subhar and Takashi, we don't get Teddy yet but the Combine does begin the process of unpacking the shit that has happened... and drawing their own not entirely accurate conclusions about what information and vantage points they have. As I said with the previous update, part one of the combine response this does abridge some of Takashi's affairs, and really by the combine start to move Gene is already en route to the Periphery.

I mean it's pretty much assured Takashi had his father assassinated and then killed the assassin before he could talk.
I mean thats sort of what I want to imply, but... well I also didn't want Takashi to be all like "i ordered my father's death and then shot the guy in the face" here its more I knew he was going to do it and was looking the other way and then made it quick to clean up loose ends

I mean it's pretty much assured Takashi had his father assassinated and then killed the assassin before he could talk.

Yeah. Ironically enough compared to Hohiro, Takashi is a blazing reformer even more than Theodore was after Takashi. The Combine would have collapsed economically if Hohiro ruled for significantly more time, especially with Katrina and Hanse as enemies.

Right now the Combine is ruled by arguably the three most skilled people in the ISF, OoFP, and the Coordinator at the same time.

They are just being hit by events beyond their control and will continue to suffer. No one could predict Shepard's combat and leadership ability combined with finding massive piles of LostTech. This is combined with the recording which is simply causing a moderate force of the Combine to just flee. The Arkab legions at least did not turn around and attack the Combine.

On a unrelated note I suspect all the supplies captured on Dieron probably will make owing a panther, Jenner, charger, or dragon in suns land be it privately owned or government will be a loy easier to support. Hell I wouldn't put it past Dieron to make parts for at least the panther and dragon.

Last edited:
Given that raiding tactics have been the way the 3rd Succession War has been fought, outside of a few key major assaults like Dieron. Everyone is watching the garrison units across the border like hawks. The Combine will have to reshuffle troops to deal with all the shit it's in now, and do it quietly.

Dealing with rebellion in Rasalhague, plugging the holes their line now has around Dieron and Altair, and a retaliatory strike against Robinson, Sakhara, or even Northwind? Where exacting are they expecting to pull troops for all that from and NOT open new holes in the line somewhere else?

Given that raiding tactics have been the way the 3rd Succession War has been fought, outside of a few key major assaults like Dieron. Everyone is watching the garrison units across the border like hawks. The Combine will have to reshuffle troops to deal with all the shit it's in now, and do it quietly.

Dealing with rebellion in Rasalhague, plugging the holes their line now has around Dieron and Altair, and a retaliatory strike against Robinson, Sakhara, or even Northwind? Where exacting are they expecting to pull troops for all that from and NOT open new holes in the line somewhere else?
Probably the interior. The pehst district probably will have to move a lot of the troops there to cover gaps in the more front line districts. Of course getting the shipping for that will be "fun"

Probably the interior. The pehst district probably will have to move a lot of the troops there to cover gaps in the more front line districts. Of course getting the shipping for that will be "fun"
Yep, and thats not great for other reasons in the long run, especially as Takashi can't make nice with the Mariks since even though the Lyran Peace Proposal that is due out in 3020 would make tons of sense acceding to it even in principle if not deed would almost certainly invite some collection of assholes to make more trouble for Takashi and certainly the shipping to move those around is going to be in high demand

Meanwhile, or in a little bit Janos is like: "We did what, when? and they're retaliating now? FML"

But yeah the Drac attack on Robinson also is pretty important because well it gives House Sandoval something important to do in defense of the March. Aaron gets to show off his tanks and combined arms gusto, "We are better prepared, we have learned from previous acts of combine aggression." And I probably should have been a bit more up front with Subhash's empathy power, but like IIRC from like early canon dude already has ki powers anyway and those are due to show up later when he takes an enthusiastic walk to rasalhague

Yep, and thats not great for other reasons in the long run, especially as Takashi can't make nice with the Mariks since even though the Lyran Peace Proposal that is due out in 3020 would make tons of sense acceding to it even in principle if not deed would almost certainly invite some collection of assholes to make more trouble for Takashi and certainly the shipping to move those around is going to be in high demand

Meanwhile, or in a little bit Janos is like: "We did what, when? and they're retaliating now? FML"

But yeah the Drac attack on Robinson also is pretty important because well it gives House Sandoval something important to do in defense of the March. Aaron gets to show off his tanks and combined arms gusto, "We are better prepared, we have learned from previous acts of combine aggression." And I probably should have been a bit more up front with Subhash's empathy power, but like IIRC from like early canon dude already has ki powers anyway and those are due to show up later when he takes an enthusiastic walk to rasalhague
Oh yeah, I forget that with this BT CYOA there's rolled powers for some characters. As a spymaster "The Smiling One's" empathy will only make him a pain in the ass to work near and any operative to be easier to flush out, but at least in return we give the Frederick "The Hammer" some precog (he might be a thorn in Katrina's side with his ambitions, but at least his straightforward nature means this will only be a problem if he actually coups, and he's unlikely to join in on Aldo's more extreme intrigue, or to approve with some of them as well, so at least that's a more capable commander for the Lyrans). Man, and any attack where Sandoval himself is in the same region is not going to have a good time when he gets the hang of his power, with the range of that telepathy anything but a straightforward assault and sheer difference in specs is going to get worked around once he gets a good electronic and/or telepathic comms network going.

The funny thing is that there was a typo, typs, in the original cyoa and I didn't realize it until I happened to go back to do another build was that Cimbri had corrected Kyoe Akashi to Kyone Akashi and that ronin joined the company because the ISF killed her family

huh, it occurs to me gene basically has killed most of 2 drac mech regiments personally. probably the scariest mechwarrior alive at this point.
Natasha probably is jealous.

and/or wanting to jump his bones if she knows he's a gunslinger. honestly that probably applies to most clanners.....
poor gene. female nobles and clanners in general want him.
such a terrible fate

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back