• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Better Enjoy This While I Can (ASOIAF, Stannis SI.)

Vale's National Sport?

• Cricket

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Ultimate Frisbee

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Soccer/Football

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Basketball/the Mayan version

Votes: 10 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I just hope that Tommen and Myrcella can be sequestered away from King's Landing before Joffery decides that they would make good sacrifices to the Lord of Light...

Joeffrey: Tommen,Myrcella, i am sorry for all bad things i did to you
T&M: really?
J: yes,and to show my true feelings i let you help save Westeros
T&M: how exactly
J: This nice red lady would show you
Melissandre: ROYAL BLOOD,YESSSS!!!!!

Unhappy end.

P.S Devon is not important enough to get Arya,but Domeric and Mya...it would work,if she get legitymized.Still,author need to do something with Ramsay - if not,Mya would end flayed alive.

I just hope that Tommen and Myrcella can be sequestered away from King's Landing before Joffery decides that they would make good sacrifices to the Lord of Light...
We are getting a Robert section next chapter and it will cover the plan for the two children.

Joeffrey: Tommen,Myrcella, i am sorry for all bad things i did to you
T&M: really?
J: yes,and to show my true feelings i let you help save Westeros
T&M: how exactly
J: This nice red lady would show you
Melissandre: ROYAL BLOOD,YESSSS!!!!!

Unhappy end.

P.S Devon is not important enough to get Arya,but Domeric and Mya...it would work,if she get legitymized.Still,author need to do something with Ramsay - if not,Mya would end flayed alive.
I do love alternate endings. The dog ending in silent hill is still my favourite(and personal cannon). I have about 5 chapters still planned for this fic and potentially a sequel or two for the Summer/Winter Games.

Ramsay only had a way in, because Domeric went to go see him. Now Domeric (with his father's encouragement) is stuck with Stannis and Co for a year or two. Ramsay isn't going to have a chance to strike and Bolton lands are some of the closest to the Wall. I have a plan I hope will make everyone smile.

Good point on Arya/Devon. I was only focusing on ARya being rebelious, but if Stannis encourages that ship, it's only going to make things harder for him.

It's hard for these grit-ass middle age fuckers to get in their feelings lol
It really is. Stannis is just happy that his own apology created very visible results, which was just enough to encourage Hoster to try the same tactic.

Stannis: "I spent my whole life doing the same thing with Robert and Renly, nothing ever changed. The day I said I was sorry, we shared a laugh for the first time ever."
Hoster: "Hmm... Maybe I should try that."

Last edited:
Chapter 16: That’s Not Very Friendly
Chapter 16: That's Not Very Friendly
Robert

"If you do that," Jon warns me off from my spur of the moment idea, the second I utter it aloud. "Ned will never forgive you for sticking his daughter with Joffrey and you know it."

He's right, not even Dragonstone has been enough to force responsibility upon him. As soon as Stannis sailed away, my son started ruling the way he always dreamed of.

"But Stannis already has the other daughter with him at Summerhall." "But I've already agreed to send Tommen to the Rock with Jaime."

"You could still send Myrcella to Winterfell or use some of your brother's good will with Tywin." That might work.

I could see if Tommen can stay at Summerhall until Stannis croaks and give him a chance to make Arya weak in the knees. Varys has confirmed that my brother is getting worse and probably isn't even going to last until these games of his.

I might even just bring Tommen to the Rock and have an extended visit with my dying brother first. "Why not both?" Varys can root around Cressen's study and see if he's missed anything that might help my brother.

"Because you know it's a waste to tie both of them to a single family." My foster father reminds me and I realize I've been overlooking a very simple solution.

"Why am I thinking so hard over this?" My sudden guffaw only gets Jon to roll his eyes at me. "You have a son and he's not turning out to be feeble like I feared. I bring Tommen to the Rock and we can give our children the good news on the way."

"What of Myrcella?" Once again Jon has to slow me down and hammer out the details. "Do you still intend to send her to Winterfell?"

"The Greyjoy heir is still at Winterfell isn't he? Ned can let me know if the lad is still a rotten squid or if he's been turned into a real man. "And Ned has had nearly a decade to shape him the same way you did for us."

Jon strokes his chin and considers it for a few moments before answering. "You would need to see what kind of progress Ned has made first. You should bring Myrcella with us and we can stop at Riverrun on the way."

Can't blame him for wanting a chance with his wife. Seeing her in a swimming suit was more than enough for Jon to get some envious looks. And now I know why he keeps humming Stannis' song about fat bottoms.

Tywin was quick to make Jaime's reinstatement as his heir official and has already sent him home. He's also searching for a suitable bride for him and I dread Cersei's reaction once it's been done.

"The dragon is dead and Varys' spy says the bitch remains barren." I'm really starting to get excited about the trip and decide I'll even use it to do some official work. "The Watch keeps sending ravens about the savages massing. Us and Ned can go see if it has any merit while we're at Winterfell."

"But who would run the city?" Cautions Jon with a crinkle in his brow growing into a scowl.

That's the easy part. "My wife is the Queen. She can have her jollies for a few months and her father can actually keep things running."

"He has been helpful in recovering the missing gold." Jon's scowl softens a tad. "And Tywin will be pretty busy keeping the crown prince under control."

"Ain't that the truth." The boy's already taking after me and has a beautiful Volantene woman following him around like a puppy.

"Of course if young Theon isn't suitable, I have seen the way she looks at your brother Renly's squire." Of course Jon has a back up plan and of course it involves those damned Tyrells.

Loras
"I'm impressed with the design." I admit when I get my first look at Summerhall. "But more impressed that the keep is nearly finished."

"The Faith will be ecstatic once they see the place," Agrees my darling with that dazzling smile he saves for me alone. "Even happier than you after Stannis unveiled the speedos."

"Impossible." I deny the claim and my body shakes with laughter. "Though they will love how the walls are being made to look like a seven pointed star."

And it will probably be incredibly difficult to take in a siege. The gates are all funnelled into a path only wide enough for a score of men to ride abreast.

"And you're truly alright with this change of plan?" Renly's face doesn't hide any pain at my words and I sigh in relief as my sister finally catches up.

Grandmother was once quite eager to bind Margaery to Renly, but that was when Stannis was a dour grump. The new Stannis has ensured many Stormland lords will side with Gendry instead and Grandmother has seen the need to adapt.

"I only had the idea in my head for a few weeks before Stannis revealed he had a personality." He admits easily. "My brother has done an excellent job making me love him the last few months and I don't feel that burning desire to upstage him anymore."

"I'm just glad this Baratheon will look at me the way you do Loras." Margaery adds, letting a few giggles escape when I glare at her. "Oh don't be like that. Any woman would be lucky to have even a tenth of the love you two hold between you."

"Still can't believe my brother approves of us." Renly finally grunts, his cheeks dusted heavily with pink. "Even seems to like you." Stannis was the one to invite us and he was very clear about including me.

"Still not going to have my team take it easy on him." My defiant growl only gets a warm smile from my love. "Need to make an impression the first time people see Polo played and I'm going to show the Seven Kingdoms who's the best."

My sister snorts at my enthusiasm but I don't let it dampen my good mood. "The same way Renly and the Stormlands will do with Rugby?" She reminds us that Stannis unfairly gave each kingdom a head start on a different sport. "And like how he gave everyone else one to master?"

"Stupid fair play." I'm not above stacking the odds in my favour, my favourite trick is using a mare in heat when I joust after all.

"It's why I've had my best swimmers practice every day and had others train at any of the strange games Stannis invents." Brags Renly, his chest puffed out in pride. "Wasn't going to only have one event the Stormlands dominated in."

"So you gave Loras the idea?" The smirk Margaery levels at me is enough to peel off a layer of my own bravado. "That makes a whole lot more sense. He's really not known for his bright ideas and that one surprised us all."

Renly is about to lie until I cough. If my secret is out, his will be too. "Fine Loras, I'll tell her the truth." His sigh is mostly for show but I know my lips will be paying for my attitude once we're alone. "Edric was the one who let it slip what kind of training Stannis was having his own men take part in. And... I may have just improved on his routine for my own knights."

"And I assume that Lord Stannis' sense of honour will make sure he gives the Lannisters, Tullys, Arryns, and Starks the same information?" With a look of understanding in her eyes, my sister starts to nod slowly. "Probably even had Lord Tyrion bring the list of events to the Dornish."

"What's wrong with Stannis?" Growls Renly with frustration thick in his voice. "Where's his Stromland pride?"​

What sport did he give the North?
Riverlands: Golf
Stormlands: Rugby
Crownlands: Baseball
Reach: Polo
Westerlands: Lacrosse (Is my Canadian showing?)
Iroh Islands: Water Polo (will have a different name)
North: Already has wrestling (and they do it the Greek way). But Stannis did give them field hockey (so they can refine it once it snows)
Dorne: Beach Volleyball

Haven't finalized yet and I'll make a vote.
Vale: Cricket, Basketball/the mayan version, Ultimate frisbee (cause it's like a flying bird), or Foorball/soccer.

How about 'Drowned Ball' for water polo?

Definitely ultimate frisbee for the Vale. All that rugged terrain suits an Ultimate Frisbee course.

Floorball (Soccer) could be introduced after arguments over whose regional sport was best, and more time to practice the rules comes up.

Now you all have a sport where you can't use your hands as 'punishment', and all learn about at the same time, so no bitching about early access.

So,Joeffrey start ruining Baratheon legacy,all Stannis need now is mention to Varys that he fear what red priest could do there.Varys and Tywin would do rest.
Sports - polo sometimes was played using head of enemies as balls.Version for wildlings ?

How about 'Drowned Ball' for water polo?

Definitely ultimate frisbee for the Vale. All that rugged terrain suits an Ultimate Frisbee course.

Floorball (Soccer) could be introduced after arguments over whose regional sport was best, and more time to practice the rules comes up.

Now you all have a sport where you can't use your hands as 'punishment', and all learn about at the same time, so no bitching about early access.
Oh. I really like that line of thought. MAybe Merball?

That was my line of thought. Basketball doens't need much room so it works good also.

Socceer will probablly end up as the smallfolk sport, since it require so little to play.

So,Joeffrey start ruining Baratheon legacy,all Stannis need now is mention to Varys that he fear what red priest could do there.Varys and Tywin would do rest.
Sports - polo sometimes was played using head of enemies as balls.Version for wildlings ?
Stannis doesn't even need to mention it. Varys is alaready hearing dark rumours.

That's really a cool fact. Thanks for sharing that, because now I cannot stop seeing Oberyn and the Sandsnakes playing Volleyball with Gregor's head.

Chapter 17: A Kilt Is Close Enough
Chapter 17: A Kilt Is Close Enough
Stannis

"Just remember I'm dying, it's up to you how hard you try." Keeping a straight face somehow, I make sure my black and yellow kilt is securely fastened. "I know I said I would wear a dress, but I just don't have the chest to pull it off. I trust this is good enough?"

Brienne is frowning at the five feet of chain connecting a pair of iron rods in my hands and my distinct lack of any armour. "Are you sure this is necessary Lord Stannis?"

"Tell you what. Since you're clearly intimidated by my mannisness, I'll alter the terms of our bet." Glancing around the entrance hall to the newly constructed Summerhold, I smirk at the iron panels lining both the floor and wall. "Instead of fighting for the right to wear armour, you are instead fighting to decide if the girls take lessons in the training yard with you..."

"Are you serious?" Arya nearly deafens me with her shriek of excitement from her place with the rest of my wards.

"... or dance classes." My smirk grows when Arya's face pales in fright.

"Kick his keister Brienne!" She really likes the way the word rolls off her tongue and the fact that her mother never learned what it really means.

The iron panels alternate between yellow and black paint, with several iron gongs and bells hanging from the ceiling. "Shireen, hand out the supplies please. It's time to start the show."

"To yield or when Jon here calls out a victor." Arya might have hidden her plotting from her targets, but it's been quite easy for someone experienced to notice. This will give Jon a chance to see Brienne in action up close.

Swallowing her dread, Brienne draws her blunted sword with a frown. "If you insist."

"But I've been practising for months, even got a private tutor to help me with my footwork." Syrio Forel was well worth the coin I spent on his services. "I don't want all that work to go to waste. This might be the only chance Shireen ever gets to see me fight." That should make sure Brienne doesn't kick my ass in the first five seconds.

Shireen hands out balls of beeswax soaked cotton to everyone and grins in anticipation. With the children following her instructions to stick them inside their ears with confused faces.

"Selyse, I still need the favour of the most incredible woman in the world." My words get a blush from my wife as she hands me the pale blue handkerchief. "And now my other arm is bare." I hold up my left arm to Shireen and her cousins. "Could I beg the three fairest maidens for favours as well?"

Mya snorts at the comment and shakes her head. "Sorry uncle Stanlee, but mines already been given."

"I guess I'll just have to settle with two out of three." I accept the black silk from a blushing Bella and a yellow one from a very pleased Shireen. "But It's your fault if I lose."

"Ready on three?" Calls out Jon before I get too distracted.

Brienne sighs at the words but does give the Snow boy a confident smile. "If I must."

"You might have heard of the Braavosi Waterdance or even the Dornish Sanddance." I start to strike the ends of my segmented staff against the iron panels, creating a loud boom with each hit. "Now get ready for the Storm Dance!"

As I pick up momentum, the sound grows nearly deafening when I start to slam into the gongs and bells. It's so loud, it feels like waves of sound are crashing into us while I leap away from her unsteady swings.

Every step I take comes with as much force as I can muster, adding even more echoes to the cacophony. As I count the strikes with my chained staff carefully, I grin in triumph when the chains start to get stiff.

Really wasn't sure if this would do anything but annoy her. Glad I'm not going to look like a complete idiot. Though I''m not sure if it's because of the science working out or something to do with the magic of Planetos.

Sparks crackle with each strike of my iron staff and I can see Brienne realize I'm ready to act. She tries to strike aat me first, using her shield to block a counter attack as she throws herself forward. Sadly for a warrior of her skill, I'm not playing fair.

I throw my staff and have to hold back a cheer when it wraps around her. The two iron bars have been magnetized and lock Brienne in place. Her momentum sending her crashing into the floor, with my weapon now holding her firmly against it.

"I think you can call it Jon." I try and get my squire's attention but he just gives me a blank look in response.

"What?" Probably should have given him some of the wax.

"Did I win?" I speak slowly enough that he can read my lips.

"I think so!" Jon roars back, clearly having a hard time with his sudden deafness.

Letting out a breath of relief, I turn back to the audience. "So it's settled. You girls are going to be taking dance classes with-"

"That's not fair!" Arya whines, even while Jon and Gendry start to help Brienne get free from the chain. "She would have beaten you in a fair fight."

"Of course she would have." I easily agree with the claim, getting only a 'huh' in response. "That's why no fight should ever be fair when lives are on the line." My eyes are firm as I make sure the children all have the words hammered home. "If you lose one of those fights, people you love will die... or worse."

"How did you do that?" Samwell blurts out as he tries to pull the iron staff off the panelled floor. "Can you teach me magic?"

"The Storm Dance requires a lot of preparation, unlike the Sand and Water variations." I pretend to consider it, even though my mind is already made up. "I think it's better if I let Syrio teach you all the Braavosi style instead."

Arya's face changes into a bright smile as she suddenly realizes what I've been trying to say. "But isn't that just what they call sword fighting?"

"In Braavos it is." My nod finally gets the last of the betrayal out of Arya's eyes and she throws her arms around my waist in a tight hug.

"Thank you. Thank you. Thank you!" She squeals almost as loud as the bells and I know I'm not the only one to wince.

"You're welcome, you little rapscallion." Arya preens at my comment, eager to add another new word to her arsenal. "Now didn't I said after the show it was bed time for most of you?"

Joy and Arya sigh in near unison, though Shireen looks as excited as she was before the fight. "Are you going to tell us a bedtime story?"

That gets a chuckle from the Stark girl and she peers up at me. "Like the ones Old Nan tells?"

"Are hers true or make believe?" I already know the answer but need to pretend ignorance.

"She claims they are tales of the past." Finally getting some of his hearing back, Jon joins the conversation.

"While mine are all made up and are just meant to make you have good dreams."

Shireen is already wondering what kind I'm going to tell tonight and realizes a problem with my plan. "You can't go any farther in the Narnia story though. Edric's not here!"

"I guess that means it's going to be something new." My smile grows enough to reveal nearly all my teeth. "I was thinking it's about time to share the story of Themyscira and it's warrior women."

"Warrior women?" Arya is already hooked.

"The Amazons lead Queen Shirippolyta and her cousins Benna Troy and Myssie Stonesmark." I can see Shireen puff out her chest at that connection. "As well as the guardian they sculpted from clay to act as champion against man's ignorance. Brianna the Wonder Woman."

"Brianna travelled man's world on the orders of her Queen, searching far and wide for any girls in need of either freedom or safety." I point at Joy and Arya, winking once they realize I'm about to include the two of them. "But I guess if you're too old to hear bedtime stories..."

"We aren't too old!" I'm pretty sure even Brienne's voice was part of that cry and I pretend to concede.

"Alright fine, go wash up and get into bed. I'll be up soon to start the story." Everyone dashes of except for the oldest teens and I have to roll my eyes at how hard they are trying to resist. "You lot too. We just spent the whole day on the rode and all of us stink worse than King's Landing."

Yoooooooo he said the thing! The funny Stannis thing!

Also wow even if I was elated, I was also concerned in the beggining that this fic would be one of those shoddy crack fics, but this baby might just be one of the few fics I legit am anxious to be updooted. It's just that darn good!

Some medieval equivalent of a transdimensional lawyer just had a stiffy from smelling the copyright infringement :D
Will it help if Stannis starts giving a disclaimer before every bedtime story?

Yoooooooo he said the thing! The funny Stannis thing!

Also wow even if I was elated, I was also concerned in the beggining that this fic would be one of those shoddy crack fics, but this baby might just be one of the few fics I legit am anxious to be updooted. It's just that darn good!
I actually had manliness written out and was a few sentences past it before I realized I had the perfect opportunity.

I like to think my comedy is kind of like Addam Sandlers (at least his early movies). He took a ridiculous concept and then played it straight. I'm just not capable of the always on crack humor and I don't really want to be. Crack fics work better as a one shot in my mind or have to be done in a setting already set up for it (like the Tick). Stannis is kind of Mr Deeds crossed with Happy Gilmore/Bobby Bouche (at least personality wise).

Chapter 18: Meeting The Neighbours
Chapter 18: Meeting The Neighbours
Gendry

With how much my life has changed already in only half a year, having two older sisters isn't anything I even bat an eye at now. It might have taken me a few days to decide how to handle Ser Domeric, but that's just because he already had Mya's favour before I met them. It's not really fair of me to intimidate someone she met first.

But the Bolton heir seemed to understand my conflict and actually offered to help me train privately. I'm not going to be besting Jon anytime soon, but I finally feel like it's a possibility. Since Uncle Stan likes him, I'll just focus on making sure Bran and Samwell are up to snuff instead.

"Milk." Bella interrupts my thoughts by putting down her painted tiles and poking Sam in the shoulder. "How many points is that?"

"Don't even think about helping my sister!" I snap at my friend just a little bit too harshly. "You know Maester Cressen said you're not aloud to help us anymore."

His eyes dart back and forth between us as my scowl only deepens. "Sorry Bella. You have to add it up yourself this time."

"Fine." Rolling her eyes at me, Bella starts tto hold up fingers as she counts. "One, two, three..." She starts cocky but gets unsure at the sight of a little five in the corner of the K tile. "Six?"

Sam shakes his head and holds up one hand with three fingers and another with all five sticking out. "How many is this?"

"Eight!" I blurt out when I realize I've figured it out first and blush at the cough Sam lets out.

"What happened to not helping?" He isn't mad and seems more relieved that I'm not getting mad at his own assistance.

Hanging my head I can't do anything but sigh in embarrassment. "Sorry... I got a little excited." It's nice to find out that even if it will take forever to learn my letters, the number part at least comes easily to me.

Bella has been promised the entire troupe of cabaret performers once our uncle finishes training them and will even teach her his code along with Shireen. He's keeping his promises and making sure all of us have a future, even if he's been lying to everyone about his condition.

My oldest sister is set to go North after the games as long as the talks with Lord Bolton continue go well. It's horrible, but it seems the Wildlings raided the village of Domeric's bastard brother. The raven was reason enough to excuse Mya and her suitor from any duties today.

My Father was already going North to investigate the growing horde, but now he's bringing twenty thousand blades with him. At least that is what a strangely excited Uncle Stannis told me when he said the games are now set to become a celebration of victory.

"I think that's enough for today," The voice of Maester Cressen makes me glance over at him and whatever has caught his attention outside. "It would seem Lord Stannis has guests and some of you will be needed to keep them separated." What does he mean by that?

"What's wrong?" Shireen knows him the best and catches something in his voice that I clearly missed.

"Your Father just expected your Uncle Renly's party and the Dornish one to arrive a few days apart. Not marching towards our gates from both directions and racing to be the first." The elderly man lets out a snort of laughter as he gets us all moving out the door.

The last thing I hear as the door slams behind me, gets a grin of my own to grow. "Never thought I'd live to see the day Stannis was so sought after."

"Father will be forced to meet with the Tyrells first, since Uncle Renly had to go get them himself." Shireen explains with a confident look in her eyes, even though I can feel my armpits soaking my tunic. "So you and Mother will need to speak with the Dornish party. What do you remember about Dorne?"

Her expression is a perfect imitation of her father's expectant stare and I struggle to find my voice before it. "It's hot, they grow the hemp that Uncle Stannis keeps buying, and woman are equal to men?"

"... Let my mother do most of the talking." She shakes her head in frustration. "Hopefully they take it as a sign of respect that Mother greets them as Father's equal." And not the insult everyone else would? "Samwell, just make sure Bella doesn't say anything to... colourful."

When we all finally get in line beside Lord Stannis and Lady Selyse, it's barely in time to watch Uncle Renly's party. Edric gives a wave when he makes eye contact with me and I wink back as they begin dismounting.

The golden haired Loras offers a hand to someone so similar they have be related. When has her feet on solid ground, she turns her face on the rest of us. I better start helping Shireen and Arya, or I'll have to get a whole lot better in the yard. I'm not losing this vision of beauty to that pretty boy Jon.

Renly clasps arms with his brother and doesn't resist when Stannis pulls him into a one armed hug. "It's good to see you, we really missed Edric around here."

My brother was only gone for a few weeks but I agree with Uncle Stannis completely. I like it better when my family is around... now that I know who they are.

"And what about me?" In mock hurt, Renly steps back and gasps. "You didn't miss your dear brother at all?"

"I have a life time of memories with you, but less than a year with the children." Not falling into the trap, Stannis accepts the Tyrell beauties hand. "And I think the lovely Margaery would agree that Edric is by far the cutest Baratheon man here."

"... I don't know about that Lord Stannis." Margaery counters with a giggle that sounds like honey as my uncle presses a kiss to the back of her perfect hand. "His brother is giving him a run for his gold."

My face heats up so fast I start to worry my hair is aflame, but realize it's just embarrassment when I begin to sputter. "I... You..." Holding in a groan, I try one more time. "Me Gendry."

"He might be the pretty brother," Edric interrupts with a smirk. "But I'm the smart one."

Shireen shares an unreadable look with her father before she exhales loudly through her nose. "I guess you can show Lady Margaery around while I help with entertain our Dornish guests." I might officially be the heir, but this only proves it was a sham to get me a name.

"Who are all these lads and lasses?" Stannis' voice cuts through my thoughts and my eyes finally move to the couple dozen teens with the Tyrells.

"You told me to check any brothels for workers young enough for a different line of work and these are the ones I found." Answers Renly with a look of smug pride. "Even found you a Flowers at one of them. You do still want them don't you?" The smugness starts to fade into concern.

"OF course I do. This is enough people to start rehearsing for 'The Wizard of Oz'." Clapping his hands eagerly, Uncle Stannis pushes Bella forward. "I believe you're the one who is in charge of that."

Bella can understand what the performers have gone through, which will only make it easier for them to feel safe here. I know it took me weeks to really believe my life had gotten better.

Ramsay killed? it would be nice.Or,if he join wildlings - nobody would let him become Bolton heir then.
How Stannis could lead 20.000 swords,if he is officially dying and Westeros has no standing army? it must be levies,but which Lord send them and why?
Gendry knew how lacking he is - good.

Wizard of Oz - good idea,but you could add Sheakspeare plays,too_Or Verdi operas.Maybe both?

Ramsay killed? it would be nice.Or,if he join wildlings - nobody would let him become Bolton heir then.
How Stannis could lead 20.000 swords,if he is officially dying and Westeros has no standing army? it must be levies,but which Lord send them and why?
Gendry knew how lacking he is - good.

Wizard of Oz - good idea,but you could add Sheakspeare plays,too_Or Verdi operas.Maybe both?
Ramsey was caught by Tormund while on one of his hunts. Tormund saved the girl and has a new wife now. Ramsey is dog food.

Robert is leading the 20'000 men North(Storm/Crown/River/West/Vale men are joing Ned's men at Winterfell). He was going to only investigate with ned and Jon, but the Wildlings attacked first (it's about 6 months after the start of the first book).

Gendry knows he's just the public face and Shireen is the brains.

Stannis has a big stack of songs/stories written down in french. So iff he dies, Bella gets all the plays and Shireen gets the songs.

Ramsey was caught by Tormund while on one of his hunts. Tormund saved the girl and has a new wife now. Ramsey is dog food.

Robert is leading the 20'000 men North(Storm/Crown/River/West/Vale men are joing Ned's men at Winterfell). He was going to only investigate with ned and Jon, but the Wildlings attacked first (it's about 6 months after the start of the first book).

Gendry knows he's just the public face and Shireen is the brains.

Stannis has a big stack of songs/stories written down in french. So iff he dies, Bella gets all the plays and Shireen gets the songs.

So,Ramsay finally did something good.
About french songs,becouse i mentioned Sheakesperae...
Here:

So,Ramsay finally did something good.
About french songs,becouse i mentioned Sheakesperae...
Here:

He only had a chance to matter because Domeric went to go visit him. Since domeric never did go North, Bolton/Umber/Karstark lands are the closest to the Wall. If Bran can get attacked, so can Ramsey.

I'm trying to work in A midsummer Night's Dream (since it's a comedy and not a tragedy). Also thank you for sharing the clip, really good singers..

Reactions: ATP
He only had a chance to matter because Domeric went to go visit him. Since domeric never did go North, Bolton/Umber/Karstark lands are the closest to the Wall. If Bran can get attacked, so can Ramsey.

I'm trying to work in A midsummer Night's Dream (since it's a comedy and not a tragedy). Also thank you for sharing the clip, really good singers..

You say comedy? then use this gem:

Chapter 19: Curtain Call
Chapter 19: Curtain Call
Stannis

"Are you ready Tommen?" I whisper to my nephew, as we huddle with Renly stage left. "Bella's friends are almost done with the play, you remember all the words?."

He doesn't dare peer out from behind the thick velvet curtains and lets the laughter from the audience calm him down. "I think so."

I tried to get something Shakespearean ready in time, but Robert bumped up the schedule with his surprise visit. The only thing I could remember nearly in full was 'Sweeney Todd'. It sounds like most people like it at least.

"Of course he does," Barks out my younger brother as he puts a comforting hand on Tommen's shoulder. "We're the Princes of Westeros after all."

"Right!" The boy stomps his foot in agreement and his face starts to relax.

The three of us take the stage once the stage is cleared of all the pigs blood and see many familiar faces watching. Robert has Myrcella on his left and Mya on his right, with a very pale Domeric taking the next seat.

Dom seems to be lacking all of his usual wit today. I just hope Robert hasn't been too harsh on the kid while I've been rehearsing.

Arya and my daughter are working on their 'devious' plotting, with Jon and Brienne sandwiched between the two girls. Seeing Myrcella seated beside Robin still makes me blink when I notice them. Is this my doing, or might this have happened anyway, if Jon had lived.

It's even more shocking to hear Arianne Martell let out a genuine bead of laughter in response to whatever Loras said. It seems she and her uncle will be staying for a while... even though I don't actually remember inviting them.

I haven't really seen Varys much since Robert's party arrived either... So it would seem this is it.

As the three of us take a bow, Tommen gets by far the most cheers. His father lifting him over head and showing off his talented son to the crowd, gets Renly to share a laugh with me as he rejoins Loras.

"Only a few more songs from me tonight and then I'll bring the girls back out for something more energetic." My warning gets a groan from my guards who have already heard me practice for weeks and just want me to get on with it. "

So to thank the man who made sure Renly and I lived through the rebellion..." I start to hum the moment musicians begin to play 'Best Friend' and grin when Davos buries his face in his hands.

The chill on my spine spreads when I never actually find Varys in the crowd, making a lump of dread in my throat beginning to grow along with it. Tyrion and Gendry have my plans for the Games and Shireen will be well cared for now.

I'm already caught in the Spider's web. No point in struggling now... I'll just get people I care about tangled up with me.

The band changes tempo and I start my final song, seeing wet eyes forming in the faces of those who care about me. Whatever is left of Stannis inside of me, fades away with a final echo of thanks in my head.

"Who wants to live forever?" By the time I'm on the final chorus, Shireen is sobbing in her mother's arms. Be strong darlings, I know you'll be okay with Bran and Gendry.

"Forever is our today!" The Tyrells are working with Renly to court my heir and Jon Arryn gives Shireen and Bran allies in the Vale. "Who waits forever anyway?"

Robert is the first one to pull me into a hug when I walk off stage on a pair of trembling legs. "Tell our parents I wont be more than a decade myself." His voice is choked with emotion as he whispers in my ear. "And tell them how sorry I am... for not being their for you and Renly when they died."

I know he's also trying to apologize to me but just doesn't know how. "It' s alright Robert, I forgave you years ago. I'm just sorry that I never told you that."

"Just make sure to train your players well, Jon and his Hipball team can't have the complete run of the court." My big brother frowns at first, but he does finally nod back at me.

"Fine..." His eyes go past me and when I turn back to follow his gaze, it's to the sight of Samwell and Bella blushing near some flowers. "If the Tarly boy a decent sort?"

"It pisses the Tyrells off and finally acknowledges the only victory against you." It's one of the few grudges you never really settled yourself.

Robert finally chuckles lightly and shrugs his shoulders. "You're the one who cared about my kids enough to find them. I'll approve any pairings you put forward."

"You seem quite happy to find a more mature Robin." I smirk as Robert doesn't even try to deny it.

"Of course I am, you beat me to the Starks." He grumbles back at me with a slight scowl creasing his brow. "So I had to make sure you didn't take the Arryn's from me too."

Renly has been close enough to overhear the entire conversation and points over towards Arya. While shows off her wolf to the very intrigued Sandsnakes, Edric is frantically trying to decide between two different bouquet.

"Looks like you're actually going to snag both families for yourself." No bitterness fills our younger brother's voice and I sigh in relief.

"It was either this or the Greyjoy hostage." Grumbles a shockingly sober Robert. "Robin and Myrcella will actually let me sleep soundly at night."

I'll see you two at the feast, I need to take care of a few things out here first." I make my secretly final farewell with my brothers and move on to the rest of my wards in quick succession.

When I make it to Shireen and my wife, it's starting to get hard to commit to the choice to go quietly. Varys wouldn't be striking if the Targaryen invasion wasn't going to be soon. I need to do what I can to smooth things over and that means not causing a scene.

"I love you both, more than you will ever know." Something in Selyse's eyes starts to catch on, but I dart backstage and head towards my dressing room briskly.

When the door opens and I catch sight of the bald head in my chair, I hiss out a quick request. "Just let me get the door shut first, I don't want to frighten the children if they find me."

It's barely noticeable in the candle's light, but Varys seems to grow his respect for me. "I can appreciate that. You really have become quite competent Lord Stannis and I'm afraid that's why I'm here now."

"Don't incriminate yourself and make things harder on the Targaryens." My warning finally gets a look of pure shock to appear on Varys' face for the first time since I personally met him. "I already got something painless prepared."

I give the name of a relatively painless poison and pull the vial out of my desk. Just please tell Daenaerys how sorry I am about the circumstances of her birth."

Varys blinks a few times and waits for me to continue my 'confession'. I waited as long as I could to take Dragonstone... but Queen Rhaella just wouldn't leave until it was too late."

"... You never actually sent a single ship after Viserys." The spymaster realizes what I;m trying to insinuate.

"Of course not." The firm declaration gets a shameful expression to grow on Varys' face, even as my own throat starts to constrict. "I'm not a kinslayer."

"It's rare that I make such a gross miscalculation." The guilty admission from Varys makes me smile even as my vision begins to fade.

"Just ask Daenerys and Aegon to spare the children I got clear of King's Landing." I wheeze out and can only hope Varys heard me.

His fleeing footsteps are surprisingly accompanied by cries for Maester Cressen. "Someone get Maester Cressen!" He's really good at faking that tone of innocence. "Help! Lord Stannis won't get up!"

Notes: I had plans for 2 more chapters, but family stuff has come up and I'm just in a completely different headspace. This chapter will probably feel a little off, but the longer I delay the worse it will get because of my mood.

Basically it's the ending for now. But when/if I get back into a happier mood, it has a happy resolution in the sequel. If it does end up being the end, I'll do some epilogues in a couple weeks. If I do a sequel, I'll let everyone know when to expect it with an update in 2 weeks.

No more goddamn words to say... No quips, or bad jokes. Just this... Goddamit man way to make the start of my day somber as you make me morn a fictional character. Kudos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back