• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Cosmos Quest (Naruto/Lupin III)

[X] Accept rival mode
-> [X] in the hammiest possible way

What's the price of the hint? And is it a good hint or one of the silly double women hints my aunt uses all the damn time that frustrates our relationship to point I love her a little bit less each time.

Passive aggressiveness grinds the soul lady. IT grinds the soul.

Pfft, teasing is passive-aggression to you? I shudder to think what you're like in bed.

FurikoMaru said:
Pfft, teasing is passive-aggression to you? I shudder to think what you're like in bed.
nothing. I-ii'm a shameful little virgin dog. :'(

And I'm likely misassociating.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any hint that's too useful is basically an instruction; by their nature they have to be vague.

The hint is this:

Ami is lonely and really needs to lighten up. Ino is a Lupin, and that makes her a sentimental beast with a romantic streak a mile wide.

I said romantic, not dippy. ::)

[X] Accept rival mode

I'm just saying, there's a way to come out of this without a boy-crazy rival dogging your steps and with a pretty decent friend.

[X] Accept rival mode

Alright, let's see.
"-> [X] in a cool and hip manner" Will probably end up with a canon Ino and Sakura relationship, "-> [X] in the hammiest possible way" and she'll probably think we're making fun of her, "-> [X] by declaring it incredibly stupid to fight over a boy. You have your pride as a woman, and so should Ami!" is just insulting her (she's a six-year-old girl, for crying out loud!). As for "-> [X] by offering to help set her up with Sasuke," she thinks we have control over him, remember? She'd probably think that we made him act however he acted. Honestly, "-> [X] by telling her something rather personal. Fair trade for the moment of weakness you got to see earlier" is probably the best choice. Hmmm... then again, "-> [X] by offering to help set her up with Sasuke" has the possibility of Ami getting to know the real Sasuke, and becoming friends with him... Then again, I could be wrong about all of that.

Yeah, I'm going with -> [X] by offering to help set her up with Sasuke.

FurikoMaru said:
I'm just saying, there's a way to come out of this without a boy-crazy rival dogging your steps and with a pretty decent friend.

Eh I think it's either hammy acceptance Iskander style or decline with vulnerability serious vulnerability deathly so. Warm? Cold?

I'll say this much, the option I like best isn't winning by a damn sight. XD

[X] Accept rival mode

nope

[X] Refuse. You don't want Sasuke like that. If she wants to try something, she's welcome to try, but it is Sasuke's choice if he will accept or not. Also share something personal to help bonding.

Huuuh....

Well, while I don't like the idea of hooking Ami and Sasuke up, inviting Ami to spend time with Ino and Sasuke might fly. Seems like that would need to be a write-in though, to make it clear that it's a 'get to know each other as friends' thing, now a 'hook-up' thing.

Hey Furiko, any chance of telling us the personal thing we'd share?

EDIT: It's the only option that, now, looks like it have any chance of getting Ami as a friend. Assuming what we say resonates with her enough, she'll start seeing us as another girl instead of That Girl.

[X] Decline rival mode
-> [X] by telling her something rather personal. Fair trade for the moment of weakness you got to see earlier.

Personal thing: I'm actually a MAN, baby.

Sometimes. In our head.

Thinking on what we'd tell her.

So far....could mention how we nearly killed ourselves. How we drowned ourselves trying to understand water. We get where Ami is coming from. We are intimately with the feeling, I WANT. We even understand how all consuming it can be that you throw away absolutely everything for it, and....well, we felt pretty stupid afterwards (even if it did work). And we'd really rather not watch Ami drown too.

Could mention the lady in our dreams we want to be like, how we're just imitating her, or how we really really want her. Maybe tie into Fire, how we want what we cannot have.

Shame we never learned the truth of shinobi life. Could mention how we think being shinobi is...kinda gonna suck, in some regards.

EDIT: Oh hey, there was that girl whose name I can't remember. We stole her hairpin, and she told us a few harsh truths that we still haven't fully come to terms with. That might be relatable.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Shame we never learned the truth of shinobi life. Could mention how we think being shinobi is...kinda gonna suck, in some regards.

Yeah, the only way I'm managing to keep you not trying to find out in-character is by invoking Lupin's frankly legendary blind spot where people he cares about are concerned; no one's allowed to talk shit about his grandpa but him on occasion, Fujiko is a clever, wonderful girl who makes life worth living, etc.

FurikoMaru said:
Yeah, the only way I'm managing to keep you not trying to find out in-character is by invoking Lupin's frankly legendary blind spot where people he cares about are concerned; no one's allowed to talk shit about his grandpa but him on occasion, Fujiko is a clever, wonderful girl who makes life worth living, etc.

....Huh, I guess Lupin/Ino can be just as bad as Ami at times. Wow.

There's a point of commonality I didn't see coming. Well done.

[7] Accept rival mode
-> [Nada] in a cool and hip manner
-> [7] in the hammiest possible way

[11] Decline rival mode
-> [5] by declaring it incredibly stupid to fight over a boy. You have your pride as a woman, and so should Ami!
-> [2] by offering to help set her up with Sasuke.
-> [3] by telling her something rather personal. Fair trade for the moment of weakness you got to see earlier.

[1] Access denied- You don't just hand out rivalries to anyone. First, she must PROVE HERSELF WORTHY!

Well, that's tricky. The majority favour declining, but accepting hammily is the option with the most votes.

I think I'll write a gaiden update of my favourite option if it doesn't win. And then all of you get to kick yourselves while I point and laugh. XD

Guys, you really want to start a rivalry over Sasuke? I don't mind we getting a rival or something like that, but in the Unconquered Sun's name, at least pick something decent to be rivals over, instead of a boy. A boy which the only reason we would have to pursue romantically like that at the current time is because of the rivalry, because we are still in the "ewww, gross" phase, even if said boy is in fact a friend. Sasuke will have (and actually already have) enough fan girls as it is, no need to add ourselves to the list.

I know he's from Exalted, but who is the Unconquered Sun, anyway? He has a very appealing title.

Also, Balatro, way to miss the point entirely. We want more votes on the decline side of things, not fewer. Minority governments are a major pet peeve of mine. /Canadian

Guys, seriously, there will be further opportunities for ham - it's a Lupin III crossover, it's not like we're gonna have a drought. If you vote for it this time I'll write it, but I will be very disappointed in you. Sasuke is your friend, ffs. You don't compete over friends like they're trophies, not even for pretend.

FurikoMaru said:
I know he's from Exalted, but who is the Unconquered Sun, anyway? He has a very appealing title.

Also, Balatro, way to miss the point entirely. We want more votes on the decline side of things, not fewer. Minority governments are a major pet peeve of mine. /Canadian

Guys, seriously, there will be further opportunities for ham - it's a Lupin III crossover, it's not like we're gonna have a drought. If you vote for it this time I'll write it, but I will be very disappointed in you. Sasuke is your friend, ffs. You don't compete over friends like they're trophies, not even for pretend.

The Unconquered Sun is the god that the solar exaltations come from. Also if he hadn't be Gaesed to no fight the Promidals they wouldn't need the Exalted and their army. We could have won the war by himself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back