• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Cosmos Quest (Naruto/Lupin III)

Eh, Jonin quest was pretty good at first... But as it went on, I liked it less and less. I'm not sure why.

I will admit, I was pretty sad it wasn't played out to the end. I liked the world. As for write-ins-for-XP....eh, I felt there was tension because a lot of the time it always felt like we never had enough, that we were always outclassed and we barely breaking even, but I can see where you're coming from.

I am glad Shikamaru died. The story needed some bitterness to it, to keep it from being nothing but victories.

Last edited by a moderator:
But what about Old man Teuchi and the numerous casualties of Kakumaru!

I will hold it together. I felt for them.

Eh... I'm going to admit, I didn't make it past proper character creation in that before my interest took a spiraling nosedive into the ocean, trailing smoke and flame.

But let's focus on the quest whose thread we are actually in.

[X] "Dude. Ew. We're six. Reproductive organs don't start working until puberty; Sakkun and I couldn't have sex if we wanted to. Plus did I mention we are six and ew?!"
-[X] "Maaaaaybe in ten years I'll think about it. Or maybe in ten years I'd rather take you out to dinner, who knows? Ufufufu~"

Larekko12 said:
But what about Old man Teuchi and the numerous casualties of Kakumaru!

I will hold it together. I felt for them.
Them? Nobody cared about them as much as the fact that we killed the Gaara-Monster.

Eh, let's not imply that we may be hitting on Ami too soon. There is a damn fine chance that we'll spend the rest of our Academy lives, if not lives period, that we are a lesbian or dyke or something. Which could be unpleasant and alienate all female company. Getting Ami to swallow we're not attracted to Sasuke is hard enough, if we start teasing her now she'll rabbit. She was literally crying tears of rage.

Later, if she calms down and can banter some, sure, go for it.

Them? Nobody cared about them as much as the fact that we killed the Gaara-Monster.

Oh god, I hope I wasn't the only one sort of bleakly laughing at that point. I love me some Gaara, think he wins the bad-childhood sweepstakes across several different worlds, but goddamn it, OOC knowledge can only affect the way the player character reacts to stuff. You can't penalize NPCs for acting in a way that makes sense in-universe with the information they have.

[X] "Dude. Ew. We're six. Reproductive organs don't start working until puberty; Sakkun and I couldn't have sex if we wanted to. Plus did I mention we are six and ew?!"
--[X] "... wait, how do you steal virginity anyway? If you take it from someone else, then you've had sex, and logically, you can't be a virgin anymore, so you don't even have your own virginity, let alone anyone else's." o_O

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Eh, let's not imply that we may be hitting on Ami too soon. There is a damn fine chance that we'll spend the rest of our Academy lives, if not lives period, that we are a lesbian or dyke or something. Which could be unpleasant and alienate all female company. Getting Ami to swallow we're not attracted to Sasuke is hard enough, if we start teasing her now she'll rabbit. She was literally crying tears of rage.

Later, if she calms down and can banter some, sure, go for it.

Eh... wasn't really intending the hitting on her aspect, more '... With Sasuke-chan? Lololol. That's as likely as with you~'

But, yeah, not that attached to the extras so much as 'Ew now is not the time'.

Chibi-Reaper said:
Eh... wasn't really intending the hitting on her aspect, more '... With Sasuke-chan? Lololol. That's as likely as with you~'

But, yeah, not that attached to the extras so much as 'Ew now is not the time'.

True, but (normal) six year olds are self-centered entitled little shits that think the world revolves around them. Like Ninja Heroine Ami, who will win the heart of the Uchiha prince and live happily ever after! The one thing she'll get out of that extra is, "She wants to marry me! GET AWAY FROM ME YOU DYKE!" And I say dyke because Ami clearly has a most charming vocabulary from her family, so I'm willing to wager she may have heard it.

Not trying to belabor the point overmuch, just thinking that subtext is gonna be lost of the little girl.

"What do you mean, 'ew'?! Sasuke-kun is not gross!" She seems to find the very idea blasphemous.

You roll your eyes. "Ami, I've seen him eat his scabs. Cute or not, he's a boy, and boys are all at least a little gross."

She makes a face. "That's disgusting! Sasuke-kun wouldn't do that!"

-_-; "I've been tryin' to get him to stop, but it just makes him do it more 'cause he knows it grosses me out."

"Now you're just trying to make me hate him so you can have him to yourself!"

Dear god, but you're gettin' tired of this shit. "Yare yare. Why does this matter so much to you? We're all way too young to be dating. Can't you just enjoy being a kid?"

"I'm not like you, neko-buta," Ami says scornfully. "I'm not some little girl who has everything handed to her. You can keep your grades, and your mind-control powers, and your perfect little family-" she stabs a finger at you vehemently, "- but you aren't getting Sasuke-kun. Not without a fight."

[X] Accept rival mode
-> [X] in a cool and hip manner
-> [X] in the hammiest possible way

[X] Decline rival mode
-> [X] by declaring it incredibly stupid to fight over a boy. You have your pride as a woman, and so should Ami!
-> [X] by offering to help set her up with Sasuke.
-> [X] by telling her something rather personal. Fair trade for the moment of weakness you got to see earlier.

[X] Decline rival mode
-> [X] by declaring it incredibly stupid to fight over a boy. You have your pride as a woman, and so should Ami!

[X] Decline rival mode

My oh my oh my. We are now at a crossroads.

I'm...inclined to refuse the rivalry, because it's all about Sasuke. If we get a rival, I'd like it to have more substance than that.

I'd be good with declining with our pride as a woman as the citation. If we convince Ami, then it might make her look up to us as a role model. Or at least value herself more. But...well, I don't think she'll stop chasing Sasuke. Still, I'd be good with this option.

No setting her up, that's just enabling.

Tit for tat show and tell....honestly, the fairness and symmetry appeals to me. Not sure what we'll be telling, but I'd be good with it. It's a good humanizing moment. Depending on the moment shared at least.

[X] Decline rival mode
-> [X] by telling her something rather personal. Fair trade for the moment of weakness you got to see earlier.

[X] Accept rival mode
-> [X] in the hammiest possible way

CHISWICK GRAB THE HORSES, WE RIDE TO ROUSE THE GREAT BRIAN BLESSED!

[X] Access denied- You don't just hand out rivalries to anyone. First, she must PROVE HERSELF WORTHY!

[X] Stop! Ham time.
We shall be her Gai. Until we get bored and do something else for a while.

[x]Dedicating a fight like this over a boy? That is not worthy enough and aim for our pride as women. You want to fight? Fight to best, but that's not something I'll make easy for anyone trying to farther than I will.

Hum Rival Modo True?

[X] Decline rival mode

[X] Decline rival mode
-> [X] by offering to help set her up with Sasuke.
-[X] "Maaan... I just can't get excited about a competition where Sasuke-chan's supposed to be the prize. I guess I'll help you out, though... Are you sure you have any idea what you're getting into?"
--[X] "Because it sounded to me just now like you were implying that having sex with anyone wouldn't be gross... Did anyone ever explain to you how it works?"

[X] Decline rival mode

[X] Decline rival mode

Changing my vote cause I'm gonna sleep soon, and if heart-to-heart ain't gonna win, I'll back pride. I'm alright with the idea of HAM, I just don't think a rivalry over Sasuke is a good idea. It's just encouraging others. And setting the two up....honestly, much as I like Ami, no freebies. Especially because we're too mature, and we'd practically be taking advantage of Sasuke because he doesn't know much better. Hell, Ami doesn't know any better, and I'd rather not start any obsessions. I would hope that anything we do just ends up disillusioning Ami, but you never know.

Just so you know, this: '-> [X] by declaring it incredibly stupid to fight over a boy. You have your pride as a woman, and so should Ami!' is a terrible idea.

Sure, you may not place much value on the possibility of becoming Mrs Uchiha somewhere twenty or more years along the line if you're still alive. But if you look back at the Ami post? She thinks she's living a cinderella story, it's not just a possibility for her right now, but the most important thing.

Friendly rivalry, even if you don't care enough to win, is one thing. But if you basically say to her face 'Look, I think you're stupid, and the thing you value most has no meaning to me and you're stupid for valuing it', then you're not getting a rivalry. She's going to come out of this honestly hating you to death.

Chibi-Reaper said:
Just so you know, this: '-> [X] by declaring it incredibly stupid to fight over a boy. You have your pride as a woman, and so should Ami!' is a terrible idea.

Sure, you may not place much value on the possibility of becoming Mrs Uchiha somewhere twenty or more years along the line if you're still alive. But if you look back at the Ami post? She thinks she's living a cinderella story, it's not just a possibility for her right now, but the most important thing.

Friendly rivalry, even if you don't care enough to win, is one thing. But if you basically say to her face 'Look, I think you're stupid, and the thing you value most has no meaning to me and you're stupid for valuing it', then you're not getting a rivalry. She's going to come out of this honestly hating you to death.

That's....actually a pretty good point. Okay, it's not nearly as wise an idea as I thought.

[X] Decline rival mode

I love the smell of player paranoia in the evening. :3

The best is when experienced GMs come in and make insightful comments that may or may not influence the way I eventually write the updates.

Hmm....well, the success of sharing feelings depends on whether what we say is enough to shatter Ami's preconceptions of out perfect life. If she doesn't think our problem rates very much, then we get worse than nowhere. If it resonates with her....she'll probably still rail a bit against us, but she'll have a much harder time truly hating us.

Tch, well, keep me down for my original feelings vote for now, I may vote again come morning.

Chibi-Reaper said:

Hum.

[x]Accept then Go Further in the Ham. "Oh then we are to be rivals then for his hand? Very Well. Challenge Accepted! We will fight on this battlefield of the heart that continues to the battlefield of Life! What is at the Heart of the Uchiha? It is strength! The Strength arm or mind to defeat all enemies that threaten friend and family. The Strength of Will to face all challenge and the Strength of Cunning to best all puzzles. That strength of fire that burns in all hearts of Konoha! She who burns brightest will be she who wins and I don't play to lose Ami."

This work?

Why don't we ask Sasuke's mom if she has baby pictures?

No bones about it. We want to tease him with them. And also there will doubtless be one of him crying next to a stained set of sheets or something.

That would probably break any hero-worship. Well, if Mrs Uchiha plays along.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back