• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Cosmos Quest (Naruto/Lupin III)

[X] "Dude. Ew. We're six. Reproductive organs don't start working until puberty; Sakkun and I couldn't have sex if we wanted to. Plus did I mention we are six and ew?!"

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
-[ ] A beat. "Actually, we won't even know if he likes girls until he hits puberty. Gotta be open minded, ya know?"

Ah, thank you for reminding me. I included a bit of speculation on that point in the archived-edition of the post, but I forgot to add it here until just now.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
EDIT: Actually, hmm, Icha-Icha was probably just graphic enough that Ami does know the birds and the bees. Unless he didn't realize what she was reading, which is entirely possible. By which I mean, didn't understand the actions being described and how it translated into physical terms. Especially if there were enough euphemisms.

I think they're light novels, which means they have occasional illustrations.

Last edited by a moderator:
FurikoMaru said:
Ah, thank you for reminding me. I included a bit of speculation on that point in the archived-edition of the post, but I forgot to add it here until just now.

Thee peeping's gotta be about more than just ideas I guess.

FurikoMaru said:

Oh. Well, glad to help.

Ahhh. Then she doesn't have a clue. :p

Okay, giving Ami and her friend the birds and the bees talk, before even we have gotten it, sounds hilarious. Ami probably won't believe us, but she'll be asking her family and that means she'll have to admit we were RIGHT.

Which may be the best start for the friendship here, if Ino makes it clear there's no harm done. It may also utterly kill the fangirl movement until puberty strikes, which I'm sure will have several generations of ninja looking at our class and thinking, "Lucky bastards."

Maybe it'll become a new policy. Teach boys and girls the birds and the bees, so no fangirls happen until puberty!

What friend? Fuki and Kasumi are nowhere around (hell, Ami hasn't even met Kasumi yet; she transfers into your class next year). This is still first-year; Ami isn't the class bully with a posse yet.

Oh, you've had the talk. Dad insisted your Mom give it at the earliest plausible opportunity; he didn't want his princess learning about sex from a bunch of foreveralone neckbearded lolikons.

FurikoMaru said:
What friend? Fuki and Kasumi are nowhere around (hell, Ami hasn't even met Kasumi yet; she transfers into your class next year). This is still first-year; Ami isn't the class bully with a posse yet.

When did Fuki bugger off then?

*checks*

Ohhh, so when Ami was thinking about Fuki telling her she's getting carried away, this was a conversation that happened earlier. Gotcha.

Oh, you've had the talk. Dad insisted your Mom give it at the earliest plausible opportunity; he didn't want his princess learning about sex from a bunch of foreveralone neckbearded lolikons.

Luuuuuuuulz. Smart daddy.

FurikoMaru said:

Huh? They actually have that problem in konoha? With clan children? of the Psychic Clan of mind rape friend with the clan of we can grow so big you fit between our pinkie toe and cook so well your family will never notice they're eating you, and the clan of I can dissect your life within five minute of meeting you and make you cut off your own balls?

... there's a running gag that Inoichi has mistaken Ino for a regular Quest protagonist rather than a Reincarnation Quest protagonist, because his uncle was one of the former and he's never encountered one of the latter. Sort of a half-solution to an OCP.

So yeah, he thinks Ino has SB in her head.

[X] "... wait, how do you steal virginity? If you take it from someone else, then you've had sex, and logically, you can't be a virgin anymore, so you don't even have your own virginity, let alone anyone else's." o_O

FurikoMaru said:
... there's a running gag that Inoichi has mistaken Ino for a regular Quest protagonist rather than a Reincarnation Quest protagonist, because his uncle was one of the former and he's never encountered one of the latter. Sort of a half-solution to an OCP.

Oooooohhhhh. I thought that he thought that she was a reincarnation. I thought it was a bit weird, since he said that he didn't think she was possessed. Then again, I suppose that possession and reincarnation are two different things, but they're probably close enough for that case.

[X] "Dude. Ew. We're six. Reproductive organs don't start working until puberty; Sakkun and I couldn't have sex if we wanted to. Plus did I mention we are six and ew?!"

FurikoMaru said:

Oooooooh. That was this quest?

Damn. I forgot all about it. Serisouly. Feels like ages ago.

Eh. I don't think the reproductive organs choice is going to work. All Ami is gonna hear is, "Blah, blah, blah, words I don't understand, shut up already!"

And probably something about no needing sex to be in love with him. Maybe even, "You're just trying to confuse me!" She's not really thinking rationally here.

It is considerably better than another denial and trying to get it through her head, but I think Ino would be a lot better off latching onto the virginity comment. Ami thinks she knows what that word means, so if Ino disagrees and has a, 'Wait what,' reaction, then Ino can probably try to make Ami defend her limited knowledge base.

Like, "Okay, what do you think virginity means? Yeah? Uh huh. Yeah, that's not it. Seriously, go ask your family, that ain't how it works."

Bring new words Ami doesn't understand into it, I can easily see her getting bull-headed about it right now.

EDIT: We might be talking over her head no matter what though, and I suppose I can see Ami understanding "Eww" a lot better than other stuff. I suppose that might be simple enough that she gets what's up.

[X] "... wait, how do you steal virginity? If you take it from someone else, then you've had sex, and logically, you can't be a virgin anymore, so you don't even have your own virginity, let alone anyone else's." o_O

[X] Wow, I mean, there's being friendly, and then there's... yeah, no, Sakkun's virginity is still safely in his possession, and will stay that way.

Actually...

[X] "I'm almost certain the only one Sakkun would willingly give his virginity too is... His Aniki. I'm sorry to be the one to give you this news, but he's totally gaaaay~"

If the "We're six" options does not get enough points to be in the first or second place, my vote goes to the option below instead. :p

[X] "I'm almost certain the only one Sakkun would willingly give his virginity too is... His Aniki. I'm sorry to be the one to give you this news, but he's totally gaaaay~"

Dude, "We're six" is pretty much the winner at this point. Second place is the least it would get.

[3] "... wait, how do you steal virginity? If you take it from someone else, then you've had sex, and logically, you can't be a virgin anymore, so you don't even have your own virginity, let alone anyone else's." o_O

[4] "Dude. Ew. We're six. Reproductive organs don't start working until puberty; Sakkun and I couldn't have sex if we wanted to. Plus did I mention we are six and ew?!"

[2] "I'm almost certain the only one Sakkun would willingly give his virginity too is... His Aniki. I'm sorry to be the one to give you this news, but he's totally gaaaay~"

[1] Wow, I mean, there's being friendly, and then there's... yeah, no, Sakkun's virginity is still safely in his possession, and will stay that way.

Hmm. The vote's spread out a little thin for my taste. I don't like minority governments.

Out of curiosity, how do people feel about that Rihaku-esque go-with-the-best-argument-regardless-of-how-few-or-how-many-people-support-it system?

I think it would give S4 a headache. How fortunate he isn't here to be bothered by our debates~

I liked Rihaku's system. Actually, Rihaku's Quest was some of the best fun I had in any Quest. I'd be fine with it. Be a good way of ensuring IC behavior too.

Whatever you prefer though. If votes are better for ya, do that. If you'd prefer to decide based on argument....well, hopefully the audience will rise to the challenge.

You're a cold-hearted man, Vinnie. 8)

See, the issue I have with pure argument is that it doesn't make the majority of players happy; you just get people going FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WRITE SOMETHING, WE DON'T CARE WHAT, people dropping the quest to go play somewhere that their voices can be heard without having to bust out the papier-mâché lance and broomstick horsie, people who start to passive-aggressively insinuate that other players're dumb, and then Yog comes in and the argument gains a fifth axis and suddenly we might as well start asking if Shiki can kill the concept of 'borders' and thereby defeat Yukari.

And I don't know shit about Nasu or Touhou, so fuck that.

On the other hand, it makes for a more entertaining read for me when people get all invested in stuff I write to the point of writing extensively themselves, and Yog will Yog as long as there is breath in him (and doubtless for a good while after, if he gets some upgrades) regardless of what's going on in a thread.

And let's face it. Some of you are gonna call each other dumb no matter what; that's just what happens when you put more than three geeks in the same conversation.

Well, you don't need to make it pure argument. Just factor in arguments. I know some people have a system where they consider a good argument as worth more than just one vote, instead of the deciding factor.

Rihaku didn't seem to have the problems you described, but the guy had an amazing update rate, consistent quality, and to be entirely honest a power-up system that encouraged everyone to contribute. And level grind. I'm actually surprised it worked as well as it did, in hindsight.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Well, you don't need to make it pure argument. Just factor in arguments. I know some people have a system where they consider a good argument as worth more than just one vote, instead of the deciding factor.

Rihaku didn't seem to have the problems you described, but the guy had an amazing update rate, consistent quality, and to be entirely honest a power-up system that encouraged everyone to contribute. And level grind. I'm actually surprised it worked as well as it did, in hindsight.
Finished in a matter of months too; man did it end fast...

EnderofWorlds said:
Finished in a matter of months too; man did it end fast...

Less than a month, but with two updates a day. Except when it was deferred to once a day.

Still. Wow.

...Still can't believe we actually hit Good End, and by virtue of being so powerful there was nothing left in the setting to feasibly challenge us.

[3] "... wait, how do you steal virginity? If you take it from someone else, then you've had sex, and logically, you can't be a virgin anymore, so you don't even have your own virginity, let alone anyone else's." o_O

There's bit of confusion fu in this but she just go lying harridan and keep attacking.

[4] "Dude. Ew. We're six. Reproductive organs don't start working until puberty; Sakkun and I couldn't have sex if we wanted to. Plus did I mention we are six and ew?!"
Masculine tone but cuts to the icky button. Unfortunately borrows from higher order knowledge.
[2] "I'm almost certain the only one Sakkun would willingly give his virginity too is... His Aniki. I'm sorry to be the one to give you this news, but he's totally gaaaay~"
You don't run game on your bros talkin' smack behind their backs like this to gossips. Not to mention this situation burns deeper than you know.

[1] Wow, I mean, there's being friendly, and then there's... yeah, no, Sakkun's virginity is still safely in his possession, and will stay that way.
A Blatant Denial. I don't think she'd be inclined to believe you in this state without a shock.

My opinions.

Yeah we broke the power curve there. Kinda ruined his whole tone till shika died. Then no fucks were given and bitches had to die. Weird when you think about it.

The Win button was something you had to be at either your mother desperate or most apathetic to try. So the better you did the more damage you took on the way. A single point of failure though could swing the emotional tides and pop the button as it did.

... I actually hated the so-called 'Good End' of Jounin Quest. ^_^; I felt entirely cheated by the fact the story wasn't resolved, and the write-ins-for-xp scheme just robbed every single encounter of any tension. I was actually shocked that Shikamaru died, just because for once it felt like the decisions people made had some weight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back